“Excellent holiday”

Xperience St. George Homestay
Ranked #46 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic holiday here, could not think of one thing to fault the hotel for, the food was really good and the staff were very friendly. We saw lots of dolphins on the sunset cruise, it was lovely, there is fish to see if you walk right round to the right of the hotels beach, we also went to namma bay.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank margemcsimpson
There are newer reviews for Xperience St. George Homestay

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have recently returned after a two week stay over the Easter holiday. The staff were once again very welcoming and helpful and there have been a few changes made - all for the good. A particular bonus was the regular cocktails served around the quiet pool, accompanied by fresh fruit (chocolate dipped strawberries), both served to our sunbed as we lounged around the pool. Once again, the food in the buffet restaurant was excellent, though we still visited @Nathans, my husband having the curry meal and myself a succulent steak. The whole hotel, especially the rooms were kept spectacularly clean and we enjoyed the "towel art" each time we returned to our room, from romantic swans to hilarious crocodiles and monkeys! One of our highlights was our sunset cruise where we were kept amused by the lovely Carlos! Allin all, a very relaxing holiday. We will be back!

Room Tip: As there is no lift, ask for a ground floor room if you have limited mobility. Also, rooms along the...
1  Thank JGleave
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have just returned from a repeat visit to the Experience St George hotel in Sharm El Sheikh.
I got the usual warm welcome from all the staff,who continued to ask throughout my 2 week stay if everything was ok with my room,service ect. I had no problems as such with this hotel,but I know all staff from the cleaners,bar/restaurant waiters to manages,will do all they can to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. The only blip in my stay was 2 days before I was due to leave,we had a big family arrive that made a lot of noise at what is know at the 'quiet pool'. It is nice to have a choice so I don't know how I will feel in the future if this is allowed to carry on. I know you can't keep children quiet,and I wouldn't expect that,it is only natural for kids to play,but you just couldn't relax and read with all the shouting and screaming.
Having said that,I had a great time at the St George,all the staff are polite,friendly and helpful,but I have to give extra thanks to Carlos and Fady,who with their great sense of fun gave us so many laughs throughout the 2 weeks.
I would definitely recommend the St George to anyone going to Sharm,I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank sunnygirl952

Our first time at Egypt!

Me, my sister and my mother all went. We went on 4 cruises (including the exclusive amazing Sunset Cruise) and we went to the coloured canyons of Dahab! We rode camels and snorkelled!

The hotel was amazing! Everyone there was so friendly! The staff, the guests, all of them! (To Mina, Hima, Claire, Kimo, Misho, Carlos, all of you!) The rooms were really comfy too :)

I definitely recommend this hotel! :D

Room Tip: Try not to get the rooms near the theatre or the generator, or you'll get non-stop music or nois...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sophiah371
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had a garden room which gave us a private balcony and put us close to the evening entertainment and the quiet pool. The room was kept very clean, it was comfortable and had everything needed. The meals were very good, an excellent choice for all meals, in the evening they had a different theme every night, Greek, French, Italian, Egyptian, Chinese, Indian etc... pretty much covered everything and all hot, no flies in the dining room and the staff were very attentive in terms of serving drinks and making sure that all food was refilled regularly. The bar service was excellent again with plenty of choice. The pool areas were really good, one pool had music, the sports and entertainment team and there were always plenty of sunbeds. We stayed by the quiet pool which was exactly that, very peaceful. Always sunbeds available, the staff would go over to anyone making noise and remind them this was the quiet pool, the staff were very attentive putting the parasols up, keeping the area clean and best of all handing out cocktails a few times a day and bringing round fruit, melon or chocolate covered strawberries. Evening entertainment was pretty much the usual stuff with an added bonus, Mon, Wed and Fri they had a live guitar/singer session near the dining room for a few hours as an addition to the evening entertainment which was great.

This is a very relaxing hotel, I would definitely recommend it and have every intention of returning. The best bits being the quiet pool, the cocktails and fruit bought to your sun lounger and the guitarist.

Room Tip: Ground floor pool view by the quiet pool you can literally walk off your balcony to the pool but not...
2  Thank YaarkshireClan
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks at the St George . It is quite a small hotel with 2 pools , 1 main buffet restaurant and 1 bookable ( paid for) restaurant. It's main asset , apart from the unbelievable good weather, is the staff. They are the most friendly, helpful hotel staff that I have ever encountered and make your stay as pleasant as they can. However, there are certain things that I did not like.
The food area was surprisingly small and I think that problems would occur if the hotel was full . The food was served hot, but was very repetitive and if you were a fussy eater, which I am, there would be times when it would be difficult to find something to eat. I don't understand why fries were only on the menu once or twice at lunch time and never in the evening? If you liked pasta and salad you would be fine. Breakfast was excellent as one would expect and the staff were very attentive.
The quiet pool was exactly that , and was pleasant to sit around, and the main pool was noisy as was to be expected. My wife and only sat by the quiet pool were we were well looked after by the pool/ towel man and by the barman.
We had booked a standard room but upgraded for £6 per night to a first floor room overlooking the quiet pool . The room was clean, the shower was excellent but we found the bed a little uncomfortable and the pillows were terrible , being about a foot thick and quite hard. Sleeping , was therefore a problem, not being helped by the heat and/or noisy air conditioning.
Although I have stated certain things that did not suit my personal preferences this would not put me off from returning to this hotel again,although I would only go for 10 nights or so next time as I think that 2 weeks is too long.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the quiet pool
1  Thank PETERDOGF
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Based mainly on the excellent reviews we booked 10 nights from 7th Apr...1 night was all we could stand, the staff were rude and surly, room dismal so dark it was almost impossible to see, food unappetising and bland and was appalled to see chef picking up chops with his bare hands and putting them onto plates, the guests he was serving didn't seem to mind so perhaps when reading the excellent reviews the clientele of this hotel should be taken into account.
The hotel was also noisy, reeked of unemptied ash trays and was poorly maintained, after one night we'd had enough and contacted the tour rep and requested a change of hotel, we upgraded to the excellent Hyatt Regency which we can't praise highly enough.
Pros..though food was poor quality it was hot
Bed was comfortable.