“Excellent Hotel”

Xperience St. George Homestay
Ranked #47 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I visited this Hotel for the second time previously it was known as 3 Corners.
I got the room and location I had requested only 3 doors away from my last stay very close to the bar at the quiet pool. Nessem is the best and friendliest barman you could ever meet gave me a proper glass if you remained at the bar as I did quite often.
Room cleaned everyday by Taha again a great lad and helped us in anyway he could even the wee man at the towel stand rushed to put up the parasol for you and came round with cold towels several times during the day a great touch. He even brought round fruit twice a day.
Food was of good quality and great variety. All staff very helpful on all occasions. Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Sharm and will definately return again soon

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank FROGMAN2
Write a ReviewReviews (4,531)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our 7 th Stay at this hotel , this time for a month during April / May.

* please note if staying in Sharm for more than 2 weeks you need a visa from the airport priced at £13 pounds each *

Regards the hotel :
Great value for money
Food is excellent
Drinks incl beer wine etc very good
All staff are excellent and very friendly and will do anything for you
Quiet pool is a delight , away from the noise of the animation pool on the other side of the building.
Regards animation / entertainment / spa treatments etc I have no comment to make as I just chill out !
Rooms are great and cleaned daily .

A great place to go and meet people and chill out .

***** Memo to hotel *******
Please reinstate the coffee / tea machine in the lobby to open at 7 am like it used to. Currently they have changed this to 10.00 am
************************************************************************************************************************

All in all a great hotel and it really is a home from home. It must have the most repeat guests of any hotel in Egypt ! You won't be disappointed if you chose this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bonnieb197247
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Firstly I would like to start this review by saying that anyone who complains about this hotel should not go away at all! They clearly expect too much. This hotel is absolute value for money all round and is the best all inclusive I have been to.

This was our first time in Egypt, I went with my Wife, Son and Daughter, all of us share the same view on the hotel.

As with every other review, I feel that the staff make this hotel. In every area of the hotel they are so very friendly and all go the extra mile. The animation team , Misho, Mina Dj, Mamo, Claire, Kimo, Vale work extremely hard getting you involved in all the daily activities and gave us some good laughs throughout the holiday.

The pool area was very clean, music playing through out the day, and loads to get involved with. The pool staff work very hard giving clean towels, melon and strawberries handed out after lunch and lovely ice cold flannels. Special thank you to the Guest relations officer Mesha for arranging a wheelchair for my Wife and Fady for opening up the bar for us to watch motor racing, and to top it all off we had lots of hugs from the animation team as we waved goodbye to board our taxi to the airport. TIP: take a half pint plastic beaker to save trips to the bar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Stephen D
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our 1st experience of Egypt and this hotel was picked for us by Thomson. We arrived late and hungry and the manager informed us that as we had missed supper there was a picnic in our room. Fantatsic gesture. Met with our Thomson rep Jeff the next morning and he was brilliant at answering our questions and advising us of the do's and don'ts of Egyptian culture.He met with us on a regular basis and was eager to hear all about our experiences. That was comforting knowing someone else was in our corner.
We took a walk round the hotel grounds the gardens are immaculate. We were all inclusive and really enjoyed the food ,we tried all sorts of stuff and the chefs went out their way to ensure we were happy with our food. Lots of different things at every meal. The waiters were professional and very attentive ,it felt quite strange being waited on hand and foot.
The housemaid we had was exceptionally professional, all the lovely towel art and our room spotless every day.
The Spa man came round and was adamant about having all sorts of stuff done we just said no thank you and he never bothered us again. i do think that when you are all inclusive the spa should be free then more people would use it and feel happy tipping the staff there. We did take up excursions with the Pyramid Divers who were very professional and we felt safe at all times with them we will be using this company again and i would recommend trying their trips.
We used a company called Sharm Excursions to do some trips too and they too were flawless.We are using this company again too due to the fact they are efficient ,professional and informative. We were at Luxor with this company and the guide Marwa was brilliant at telling us all about Egypt and her history. Lunch ,ice cream and water all included free. Marwa if you read this thank you and we hope you take us on another history lesson.Could not have asked for a better service. Mido was our snorkelling instructor and was brilliant. patience of a saint and funny too another fantastic day out.The jeep driver was brilliant and funny but again professional at all times. Packed lunch given for all excursions from the hotel free.
Bar staff were professional , efficient and cheery at all times and often funny .Chefs outstanding. they were outside to greet you and asking how you were, where you had been, we had been out on an excursion and got back at 9 20pm we met a chef who had asked why we were late and when we explained we had been out and just returned we were ushered in to get our supper. What a service and we had our drinks on the table before we had sat down great attention to a customers needs.
The quiet pool was where we preferred as we have no children and you are given cocktails, fruit and cold towels without asking for them. Superb service too.The beach is near by and you go by the hotels free bus and a great experience with lunch thrown in too.
The entertainment team- what a let down, no interaction with older guests, The games or entertainment they put on was so bad we stayed in our hotel room watching tv for a couple of nights rather than endure talentless drivel as did several other guests who made remarks about the entertainment team, if they are geared towards children and families the older generation need some entertainment too.Although we did have a very talented singer a couple of times a week it was not enough. Thank you Adel for keeping our toes tapping and hands clapping his rendition of money for nothing and the road to hell is awesome.
WE checked out on the saturday and we were given all inclusive facilities till we left at 8pm that night , never had that before that was excellent . A special thanks to Yosef our house maid, Michael our waiter and Meena our pool attendant very professional and attentive well done guys . Mesha the guest relations was helpful and cheery too, thank you.
We have had a wonderful 2 weeks at this hotel and will be returning we will be severely disappointed if we can't. We would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: every room is good hard to choose what is the better option although if you have kids the rooms roun...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Pamela A
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Arrived and checked in quickly. Hotel looked OK but could be cleaner. We know it is a cheaper hotel and didnt expect too much so the hotel matched the price.
Cockroaches YUK!! They were dealt with but horrible all the same.
Entertainment staff always happy and fun ,they did a good job but not much for kids at all, only A small park and very small kids club which we didn't use.
Head chef was lovely and tried to accommodate everyone , food was ok but as always it is repetetive. Food good for all inc price. upstairs very nice food but you pay extra.
SPA awful, spa staff were the WORST part of our holiday. Constantly annoying us EVERY day numerous times. Coming over touching us, threading eyebrows et. Very pushy and really annoying. Eventually went for treatment to stop them hassling us and it was awful. Left in a room ( like a prison cell) large insects crawling everywhere on the beds. £75 absolout waste of money!!
Beach was OK but you get hassled! If you do not like to haggle or be hassled you would not like it here. I have been to many places for approx same price and this was my least favourite of all family holidays we have been on. I just felt nervous, fed up constantly saying no thanks, kids were quite bored at hotel, staff overpowering at times, made us feel uneasy. I just didn't enjoy this holiday. It may be personal preference but I have a lot of patience and it ran out by the 2 weeks. People were too pushy and didn't seem to recognise we were n holiday to relax and have fun. It was constant hassle to buy things. Also hated my 15 year old daughter being constantly hassled by boys and by men. It felt very wrong! Maybe just wasn't the place for my family but we won't be returning to St George....or Egypt at all. Maybe OK for couples looking for a cheap ,hot holiday but I would not recommended for families. First holiday I haven't enjoyed unfortunally. :-( Sorry!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank karen g g
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We booked this hotel on the basis of it was within our budget for the premium price kids holiday week. Upon arrival everything went smoothly right up until the end of our stay. The room was overlooking the quiet pool which was perfect for us (this was an upgrade option when we booked but well worth it as many rooms overlook the road or gardens). The aircon in the room was first class which was a necessity as the temperature soured over 50 degrees most days. TV had a few English speaking channels - Dubai one channel had modern American films with Arabic subtitles. Room safe was free. Just to note the instructions on the safe said create a three digit code. This is incorrect and should be a four digit code. The safe is small and is not big enough for tablet computers etc. Bed was a queen double with two pillows each which is good as most hotels I have to ask for extra pillows. Cleaning service was excellent and room was cleaned each morning to a high standard with nice towel art.

The attention to detail is what I noticed was exceptional from the start. The staff work so hard to please and the guests many who are repeat guests are all friendly. It makes such a difference. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels and cruise ships and not this good service. Nessem at the quiet pool was our favourite. Such a good bar man and a happy chap even struggling in the heat he worked so hard and made the best cocktails.

The hotel was quiet during the week so we had the pick of loungers by the pool and on the beach and never had to reserve ones first thing like a lot of holidays in peak season. The loungers were the good quality wooden ones v comfy and nice large parasols. By the quiet pool we had cold towels handed to us in the heat of the day, fruit and cocktails. Had a lovely restful stay.

Meals were fine. There was some variety. Some days were better than others. It was all served hot and the deserts were nice too. Only criticism would be that the ice cream is served lunch time only and not self service. Drink service in the restaurant was the best we have ever had on holiday. Even at breakfast the waiters service tea and coffee at the table.

No free Wifi at the hotel. We purchased wifi at reception daily 35 Egyptian pounds for 24 hours. Please be careful as if you ask for 12 hours they charge 120 Egyptian pounds! The wifi can be picked up in all areas of the hotel but it is slow. Ok for browsing but not watching videos etc.

Went on the all inclusive sunset cruise. This was a disappointment and would not recommend this. The drinks and food were very sparse. I expect all inclusive to have a bar or an area to help yourselves. No - upon boarding was handed a small bottle of water. Later one of the waiters came round with a 2 litre bottle of pop pouring it into little plastic cups which I had 2. I had one small piece of pizza and one small piece of cake. Sorry but trip was amateurish - the hotel needs to up their game with this trip. I have been on several boat trips previously in Egypt and this was by far the worst.

Hassle - first day before we even got the towels on the loungers the spa guy did his hard sell. Straight after the pyramid cruise trip guy then Carlos with the sunset cruise. I know you guys have to make a living but please spread it out a bit!

Apart from the sunset cruise and the first day hassle by the pool this has been one of my most enjoyable holidays. Met some lovely people (the hotel is predominately British customers with a few Russians). The staff are a credit to this hotel and I hope management read this and appreciate the hard work their team does.

Tip - take a large plastic cup with you for your drinks as most bars serve drinks in little plastic cups!

Room Tip: Pay the upgrade for pool facing room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kez
Emad A, Manager at Xperience St. George Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for choosing the Xperience St.George Homestay Hotel for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be enjoyable. Regarding hassle around pool kindly note that we provide a don't disturb sign in the recreation desk , all other comments are highly appreciated and will be concerned.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back at Xperience St.George Homestay.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Firstly I would like to start this review by saying that anyone who complains about this hotel should not go away at all! They clearly expect too much. This hotel is absolute value for money all round and is the best all inclusive I have been to by far!

This was our first time in Egypt, I went with my fiancé and my parents, all of us share the same view on the hotel.

As with every other review, I feel that the staff make this hotel. In every area of the hotel they are so friendly and all go the extra mile. The animation team work extremely hard getting you involved in all the daily activities and gave us some good laughs throughout the holiday.

The pool area is wikid, music playing through out the day, loads to get involved with (or to watch as I did from my sunbed). The pool guys work hard giving clean towels, melon and strawberries handed out after lunch and lovely ice cold flannels. Mamdough was my favourite, so friendly and cute! Staff at the noisy pool bar (melad and mostafa) were lovely and friendly!

I am an extremely fussy eater and normally don't really enjoy any of the food at AI hotels, but this hotel was by far the best food I've had. They offer freshly cooked omelettes, eggs cooked to perfection, lots of breads, donuts, pancakes, loads of cereals etc for breakfast. For lunch I always opted for a freshly cooked pasta (u can chose what goes into it), there was a sandwich station which was lovely (reminded me of mini subways) and for dinner there was always something tasty on offer (with fall back option of pasta again). There was lovely roast potatoes, well cooked meats, chili con carne (taste like we have it at home), curry, kebabs!!, lamb kofta, all of them tasted good. Of course there were also random things which I didn't try, but they have to cater for a wide variety of tastes. All that I ate was lovely! If you can complain about the food then perhaps all inclusive isn't for you. In terms of service in the restaurant the chefs were always smiling, take the time to talk to you, they're always walking around checking the food is ok and is hot, and a special shout out to Ahmed, my favourite chef! He was amazing, very friendly, and made the best pasta!! Always took the time to check we was enjoying the food and asking us how it was! We went out for dinner three times and each time we wished we had just eaten at the hotel as we think the food is better there.

Nathan's was a nice treat, it's a lovely view and made a nice change. The fillet steak was huge and a really nice cut. My fillet steak was the same size as the Tbone! Bonus. we had prawns for starters, wouldn't recommend the sea food it wasn't that good and was quite expensive.

we also got into a bit of a habit ordering McDonald's at the end of the night, u can order it from reception, and it tastes like it does at home and always comes piping hot. It was about a tenner for 2 meals to be delivered.. It was a slippery slope for us after a day of drinking (diet starts now haha)

Out of the four of us, not one of us come down with Egyptian belly... Nor did we hear of anyone with food poisoning Etc.

The rooms were lovely, I didn't upgrade and I don't feel it would add much your experience by upgrading unless you spend a lot of time on your balcony. We had a garden view and the view was lovely. Room was cleaned every day by our hardworking cleaner who always left us fabulous towel displays. The beds were comfy and the shower was nice. We don't spend much time in the room, but it was perfect for us.

The entertainment of the evening is ok, had some good laughs some nights. Again you need to get involved to really make the most of it. The animation team work so hard, they all deserve a pay rise! I enjoyed the bar by the entertainment area, can buy shisha for £1.50 which was quite a novelty. Watch out for the mozzies!

Staff don't expect tips and I don't think it changes their service towards you. The difference is that they thoroughly deserve the tips they receive because they work so hard and make your holiday. They really don't earn much so even £1 really does mean a lot to them!

Overall I would recommend this hotel for good food, nice rooms, really friendly staff and wikid day time activities. If u are worried about the negative reviews then don't be, not sure how anyone can complain about this hotel! Everyone we spoke to seem to share the same view and we will be returning with more people in September!! Missing it so much already!

Stayed: May 2014