My Partner and I spent a 1 week stay at Sonesta Club Resort travelling with Thomas Cook from Birmingham the flight took about 5hrs 20mins.
On arriving in Egypt we found the airport was very confusing especially the queues for a visa which you need to fill in before you are allowed enter Egypt. After waiting for our luggage we made our way to our transfer which was a minibus before we could get our bags loaded onto the bus we had to pay a man 2 British pounds to put our bags on the bus roof. At Sonesta check in was very quick and a porter took us and our luggage to the room explaining the different bars & restaurant also the facilities on the way to our room which was very helpful. The room was lovely very large with a separate bathroom and wardrobe space. The aircon system worked very well and believe me in them temperatures (44+) you will need it. The room includes a free safe & fridge which is stocked with various drinks, be mindful anything you use from the fridge you will be charged for. There is a flat TV with some English channels. The bed is very large and softer than most other beds I have slept in on my travels. The balcony we had with our room was also large and facing the pool area & gardens. The cleaning was very good with clean towels daily and regular sheet changes. The pool areas are like a paradise they are kept very clean we spent most of our days by the pool and the tropical bar which we found to be the best bar there. There was snacks served during the day i.e. Pizza chips & salads at the pool bars also you could go to the main restaurant for lunch. There was a variety of foods on offer each day from different countries but the main menu consists of Pasta Rice & Salads which personally I don’t like. The meat dishes had lots of bones in them and never tasted like the meat you was eating. All the staff make you feel very welcome and are very friendly they can’t do enough for you the only problem I had with this hotel was the food as it was not to my likening but please don’t let that put you off as I am a very fussy eater. This hotel is very good value for money and we would go again if they improved the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fashionable Naama Bay, the Sonesta Club Sharm El Sheikh overlooks the Red Sea and the South Sinai peninsula's desert and mountains. A traditional Nubian-style resort, the property is surrounded by landscaped gardens and dramatic pool areas. Known as one of the best Red Sea Resorts, Sonesta Club Sharm El Sheikh with 409 unique guest rooms, the hotel is located in Naama Bay and shares its beach with Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino. Sonesta Club has one of the largest aqua parks in Sharm El Sheikh; in addition, it has two great main pools divided into seven pools and a Diving Center. The hotel also offers an open air jacuzzi for the relaxation of its guests. There is also a children's program for the younger guests. Guests can pamper themselves with a sauna, steam bath or Jacuzzi, work out in the Club's fitness center or relax with massage treatments in the health spa. The Club offers several fine dining options! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sonesta Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Club Sharm El Sheikh - Naama Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Sonesta