“Bad management”
Review of Ocean Club Hotel

Ocean Club Hotel
Ranked #200 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Before you book this hotel i would like to make you aware of how badly the staff are treated. The staff work long shifts 7 days a week and are paid just £50 a month for the pleasure. When i was there the staff had £35 taken from their monthly wage because guests do not return towels. There have been other instances where their wages have been taken due to guests not paying for their stay. If you have already stayed at this hotel you may remember a lady who worked in the massage parlour..the owner of this hotel propositioned her for sexual relations and she fled the hotel in tears and traumatized. Before you think that the staff may have told me this to get money from me this is not the case. When i was there i saw this for myself. The manager who is actually a very nice man tries his best but the owner over rules and takes whathe likes from the staff before they are paid they then receive what is left if there even is any. The hotel itself isnt too bad for what you pay for and the staff are very welcoming friendly and helpful despite the way they are treated.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank JodyAlaa

Reviewed 26 June 2014

- didn't have our reservation (even though I had paid/proof/personal email confirmation form manager
- moved across 3 equally terrible hotels in first 3 days
- got asked for £20 from the towel guy to pay for his wives doctor bills on 1st day
- the first time we left the resort we came back to find both of our watches stolen
- a 'rich Egyptian family' hired out the rest of the hotel, so we weren't allowed to eat at the same time as them
- food made everyone sick
-alcohol severally watered down
- saw a guy break his ankle in the broken poolside filter cover
- harassed constantly by all Egyptian cliental (taking sly photographs without permission)
- no security box / safe offered to us
- no apology / upgrade offered

We booked 10 nights, 1st week of June - walked out after 3rd night (and had an amazing time at another hotel down the road!)

English/Portugese couple from London. mid 20's

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Davey G
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The staff are very friendly the General Manager tries his best but in all honesty there is only so much he can do. The Hotel needs a complete refit but due to the type of cliental that occupy this hotel it will never happen.The pool is very badly worn the drain that runs round the outside is broken they try to put the bits back together but its a waste of time. The food is very poor and the allinclusive bar is very limited. Only drink the water out of the bottles not out of the container on the bar. In all honesty the staff are polite but I wouldnt board my dog here.

Room Tip: They are all the same
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 336Kev123
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for 4 days I have just finished my easter vacation .. the rooms is so dirty can hou imagine that the house keeping didnt come at all the 4 nights although I asked him to clean the room & I will pay for that...the bathroom is horrible more than dirty... the room's wall fall of dead mosquitos ...the restaurant is -1 class can you imagine guys that they dont use the air conditioner and open the doors which let the black flies eat with you...the food is so poor and they using it for several days

They dont clean the besin if u look at it u will find alot of dead bugs .. finally I swear this the worest hotel I stayed in my life it dont deserve even 1 star .. my room # was 264 and I stayed from 18/4/2014 till 21/4/2014

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Ahmed S
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel is so far from everything. The food isn't good. The rooms are small and need maintenance. The floor of the restaurant is dirty and nobody cleans it during the meal. They don't clean the room well, they don't clean the basin and don't clean the toilet well and the basket which is in bathroom is very dirty. There's no soap on the basin, just few soap container on the bath and they don't fill it daily, but once a week! There's no shampoo. The bus shuttle to the beach doesn't come in on time but the driver comes after the time for more than 15 min and when I blamed him for this he insulted me and when I complained to the general manager, he told me that the bus will not go to that beach (Farsha) that you prefer again and insulted me!!! I decided to leave this horrible hotel immediately and find better one soon as I hope because the good hotels and staff become rare nowadays!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank GigiGihan
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The staff here could not do enough to make our stay welcome. So hospitable! The service we were given was exemplary and always done with a smile and a sense of humour! Lovely people in a lovely place! A 5 star service at a 3 star price!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 9 April 2014

After reading some of the negative reviews we were really concerned about staying here and nearly booked somewhere else. What a mistake that would have been!!!! It was fantastic! True, the bathrooms need a major make-over and general TLC is needed in quite a few places but once we'd recovered from the shock that this accommodation wasn't the 5* luxury Hilton that we'd stayed in the night before then we started to appreciate the positves. Like the staff! They are amazing. Can't do enough to help, nothing is too much trouble (not like the Hilton where they couldn't give a toss!). I didn't believe people this wonderful existed any more. The Chef even cooked us egg & chips when we asked for a change from Egyptian food.
The complex is small and very friendly and caring. It is probaby 20 years old and the rooms could do with a bit of modernising but the staff keep it very clean and tidy. We don't go on holiday to spend all day in the room anyway - the poolside was always quiet and clean, we only had to wave at the barman for him to bring our drinks over, they love the English and are happy to do anything to make our stay so enjoyable. The transfer bus to the beach was at good times, the beach was great with soft sand, decent snorkelling and cheap bar!
What more can I say? Except that we can't wait to go back again.
One tip - wages are ridiculously low and by just tipping £1 that is almost a day's wages so for your £1 they will treat you like royalty!
Oh.... and to the moaners about the mosquitos! GET REAL!!!! Mosquitos are rife in hot places and complaining about being bitten is like complained you've been sunburnt. GET A SPRAY!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple