Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel
US$122
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$102
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$79
US$87
US$63
US$214
US$173
Grand Rotana Resort & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$98
US$48
US$60
US$52
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnaama bayroom service isanimation teamsmaller poolcleaned every dayscuba divingsharmpoolshadabamahmoudchefs
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Room not what I expected for the price we paid, , lovely views from balcony though,room cleaned every day. Food not so good in the main hotel but would not let that put me off booking again as there are a few other places to go and eat, staff very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank herbieno1
Hani G, Online reputation manager at Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your review.

Thanks for your compliments on our views,staff and cleanliness.

The rooms are all currently being upgraded, about half are finished already. Chances are if you come again you will see a big improvement in the room interiors, furniture, design and new tv etc. we do try to fill the upgraded rooms first, but in busy season we do need to use all rooms, they will all be the same soon though. To guarantee the nicest rooms it's best to come outside of peak season and Egyptian holidays.

The food is buffet style and changes regularly, but if it does not suit your tastes there is room service. The room service menu was specifically designed with English tastes in mind and has things like pizza,burgers,steak etc. it is also faster and cheaper than getting food in town.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

SHARM HOLIDAY RESORT

This was my first holiday with my children in Sharm El Sheikh. I must say I was very happy staying with Sharm Holiday Resort. For the price paid for this hotel and for the level of service provided we were very happy for our choice. Rooms were cleaned daily, we were always greeted around the hotel & restaurant, bar staff are friendly.

RECEPTION

When you arrive at reception you are given a welcome drink and fully explained how everything works and where everything is located unlike some hotels where you are left to wander around aimlessly

WIFI & SAUNA/STEAM & GYM

The only disadvantage of the hotel was the wifi connection and the use of Sauna/Steam and Gym. The wifi connection was very bad that it kept losing connection. We had no wifi for almost 2 days which was very frustrating. We were also very disappointed to learn that there were no sauna/steam or gym facilities although their website says they have this facility. If you are gym/sauna lover then I would recommend you to call the hotel beforehand see if they have this facility.

FOOD

I must say the food was not as brilliant as they literally had the same food over and again every day. The other disadvantage was you had to buy your own water to take it in your room.

EXCURSIONS
If anyone is interested to do excursions then I would highly recommend Mohammed of Discovery Safari whose office is 2 minutes away from Sharm Holiday Resort. He gave us the best deals on activities much cheaper than anyone who was trying to sell excursions on the streets/hotel.

Anyone travelling to Sharm El Sheikh I would highly recommend you to go to Mohammed at Discovery Safari. He is a very friendly chap. He will go out of his way to help you. He will even take you to shopping malls etc. Mohammed’s office is just located outside Falcon Nama Hotel which is 2 blocks away from Sharm Holiday Resort.

On my recommendation my brother and his 3 children is going there in August. I will definitely book at this hotel whenever I return to Sharm (hopefully next year).

Regards,

Bina – Newbury Park

Room Tip: I would highly recommend rooms facing the pool which is an excellent view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review and photos.

We appreciate your compliments on our value,reception,staff and rooms.

I have informed the GM about the wifi issue and apologize for that inconvenience, the wifi is 24/7 and does not usually disconnect like that,sorry.

The sauna and gym are currently under repair, our apologies for that not being available. Guests are welcome to call and check I'd they are open before staying if they want to.

We look forward to seeing you again next year, thanks.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I agree that this hotel deserves only one star and zero if possible.
First and last time to try 4 stars hotel.
The hotel is not clean at all,towels for the pessin and that on the room smell bad as if they weren't washed, food is so bad as if u were at home not in the mood to cook and worse restaurant is not clean i saw a coackroach there as for the beach no private beach u have to ride a bus for about 10 min to reach it
Reception people and animation team are friendly
Don't advice anybody to spend vaccation
It was the worest vacation i have ever had in my lifetime...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nousaaa1201
Hani G, Online reputation manager at Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

We are dissapointed to hear your stay was not as pleasant as it could have been.

Just so that everyone is aware, and I'm sure you saw this while here too, public areas are cleaned multiple times a day, rooms are cleaned daily. We have a bug exterminator who fumigated, with safe to humans spray, in all public areas, twice a day. Every room also has an electric bug repellant. This gas nothing to do with cleanliness, we are in a desert, and have water near us, it's just a reality in this town.

The restaurant has a UK recognised crystal certificate in food hygiene, and we follow strict cleaning rules at all times.

The food is buffet style with lots of options each meal, people have their preferences, but there should always be some things you want to eat there.

Thank you for complimenting our friendly staff, they are our best feature.

To future guests, please read a number of reviews before making any judgements on our hotel, thanks.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Deserve only one star very bad hotel and worst vacation ever in a dirty hotel and most bad and poor food you can eat ever... gray towels with bad smell in room toilets.. we were party of ten and all of us had the same feelings don't go there and save ur money specially in high season and peak periods.because when we complained they said they have no enough staff... 2 of restaurant staff said very bad words( sabo elden ) infront of us and one of our kids was standing.. actually we still there will leave on 21st of april we want to change it but because it's peak period we can't find another hotel..this is my first time to try 4 stars resort i forget to mention that we saw a cockroach in loppy toillets so discusting......d

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank rehabkaram

We are dissapointed to hear that your stay was not as pleasant as it could have been. And we do apologize for the towels, the general manager has been informed if this, and we will also look into your accusations about the restaurant staff. We have very high expectations of all of our staff and they will not stay here long if they are not meeting them, thanks for letting us know. But in future it's best to tell a manager while you are still in the hotel so that we know who it is and can deal with it properly. This kind of thing does not happen often at all, I am personally shocked.

In regards to the cleanliness, if you read other reviews they will all say that rooms are cleaned daily, and lots say that the hotel is very clean in general. Yes it was a busy time, but we still clean main areas multiple times a day, and rooms daily. In regards to the bug, I have not heard of one here for a really long time, and I hope that it was something else, but I'm not sure. What I do know is that the lobby toilets are cleaned every 3 hours, so if there was something dirty there it would not be there for long, and bugs don't come because of dirtiness here, if it was here it may be trying to find water, because I know for sure that bathroom is always very clean.

Please read a variety of reviews before making any judgements on our hotel, our reviews are majority extremely positive, thanks.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Everyone at the hotel are friendly.Service to guests (Saša)excellent.Wife was wrong and Sasha immediately helped as well as caring for other employees and wore her tea, etc.Animation team was also great.Food enough and good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tomáš U

Thank you very much for your review and photos.

We appreciate your positive feedback about our staff,animation and food.