“Missing you already”
Review of Viva Sharm Hotel

Viva Sharm Hotel
Ranked #214 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We have just got back this morning and want to go back already!! This was my third time to this hotel in a year and cried when I left this time. This is my second home and can honestly say I have made some very good friends here, Bob at the pool, Ayman and Ahmed the barmen; hatem on reception and kya and mauro and Alex animation, all very special people. To anyone who is thinking of going to this hotel please just go and see. Yes it's three star but the staff are 5 star.

Miss you all x Angela and phil

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Angela F
Viva_Sharm_12, Front Office Manager at Viva Sharm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Guest19841987,

warm greetings from viva sharm hotel - sharm el sheikh.

Thank you for submitting a review here as it is always essential for us to know the opinion of our valued guests.

We were very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for choosing Viva Sharm Hotel for your holiday.

Your praises for Hatem, Bob, Aymen and ahmed will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

We're looking forward to welcome you again to our beautiful and sunny Hotel on your next trip to Sharm El Sheikh.

Yours faithfully.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We arrived at Viva Sharm on 29.09.13. The reason for the delay in this review is because we have just received a full refund from the holiday company.
We booked this hotel as it was a cheap two weeks away with our 18 month old child, we expected the hotel to be basic but not unclean!
On entry to the room there was a strong smell of sewage, the door to the room was insecure and could have been easily kicked open, there was an internal door chain which was broke.
We had booked the holiday months in advance and there was no cot in the room. On opening the fridge there was a strong smell of rotting food, the fridge was filthy with stains, and was also warm. The bath was dirty and had not been cleaned and it was heavily stained. In the bathroom floor there was a nail sticking out of the floor which is a hazard for anyone. In the bedroom area the walls were dirty and maked with footprints on the ceiling which could have easily been cleaned. We took all our valuables and went to reception, the staff weren't interested in our complaint, we were told to return in an hour, we waited in the bar area. After an hour the staff weren't interested again, eventually my husband was taken to view another room, we agreed to change but a short while later told we werent able to because the air conditioning wasnt working. The hotel staff could not and weren't willing to assist us. We were told the cot was now in the room and went back to the room the cot was disgusting!!! It was dirty, stained and it had blood and faeces on it. We asked for another cot which they eventually provided with blankets as a matress.
Needing something to eat we went into the dining room and asked for a high chair, after 10 minutes one was brought to us which was filthy and thick with grease, the straps were broke and we couldnt strap our child in. The food choice was poor, the equipment was broke and dirty, the staff need lessons on health and hygiene, I couldnt imagine eating the selection of food for 2 weeks.
The next morning the staff never attempted to make contact with us about our complaint. We were never advised to of our options. We decided to check out of the hotel and go to another one. Which i'm glad we did as we had a fantastic holiday in the end.
I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone there are much better hotels at a resonable price in the area. Having been to many countries and stayed in cheap basic hotels this hotel has been the worse we have ever stayed at due to how dirty it was, the food selection and poor customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Katie C

Dear Mrs. Katie C,

First of all with all my respect to your review and we can't accept your review address"Dirty hotel, unhelpful staff and poor food” ,

1st let me remember you that you just stayed one Night only in our hotel.... so it`s not fair to evaluate the hotel from one Night only.

2nd ,It seems that a wrong client came to our hotel after reading your review as it is well known that client can have one comment or two during his stay but not everything is wrong with you however, you stayed only for one Night, During your stay we were in High Occupancy and more than 70% of occupancy was English nationality and none of them complained even a single complaint neither during their stay nor after back home but in contrarily we received a daily good guest comments thanking the hotel staff for their service and co-operation with clients requests.

3rd , i see also you were talking about unhelpful staff i will not talking longer about our great staff just read our hotel reviews on the trip advisor about our friendly staff, and for your information staff of the hotel is out of discussion as we are very proud of our staff...

4th , i can see that also you were talking about unhygienic food and i want to inform you that all the tour operators we are dealing with have their teams for inspecting any things regarding health and safety at hotel in regular basis but the thing is what you tried to accept in your review about you didn`t got what you paid for.

5th The restaurant staff are very well trained and helpful to everybody and their managers is always in the restaurant during the meals ensuring that everything is clean and guest receiving a prompt service on a high standard and we didn't receive any comments or complaints from our guests before.

By the end it was not realistic review from your side comparing with one night stay only as you saw things no one else from our respected guests saw it or noticed and we wish to you a happy holiday somewhere else which will reach your expectation comparing to the money you paid and we hope that you can choose a better headline on your future reviews wherever you gonna stay.

Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Had a fantastic 1 week holiday from 19th to the 26th April 2014. Was my first time in Egipt and what an introduction. Staff and friendly guests made my holiday in Viva Sharm! From Mohamed at quiet pool bar to Magdy, Medheat, Bob and many others (don't recall everyone's name) made my stay really funny, entertained, always made sure I was enjoy the best of the best and many more...can't thank these guys enough for helping make my holiday a dream come true.
There no questions I will be back again and only to Viva Sharm Hotel!
Meet some great hotel guests, including my good friend Mike, which show me around Nambay and the strip, and how you manage in Egypt.
The Italian couple with the 2 gorgeous girls, very friendly and took me out for the Fantasia show, which was amazing!
To all british guests, which made you feel like If I was back in the UK and to some Russian guests, which prove the odds wrong and actually some were friendly (specially Andreas that drinked from morning to end of night and was still able to walk...lolol) - really funny guy!

Food was good enough and everyone always had a smile or a joke to share with me, specially being alone on holidays, having such friendly staff and guests made me look like I was on holiday with 50 people :).

Stayed in room 323 (facing quiet pool), had an amazing view of pool party, was quite through the day and night, in case you like your "siestas".

Mauro, Kaya and Evo, what a great animation team and always tag along for aquaerobics and voleibol, etc... and made always sure we were exercicing or having a great laugh with them. Hope to see them again as they were major part of me having a fantastic week at Viva Sharm!

Only negative point I have happened on the day I left, where 1 of the assistants in the reception (Not the main guy there, the other one, tall...) got in the room of one of the guests while I was in it and stated in an assertive way that me, because I checked out at 12 o'clock (and it was around 3pm), couldn't be in the Hotel installations as I was no longer a guest. Felt insulted and disrespected, after paying all the money, being respectful and nice to everyone, always chatting and making people laugh, being treated like that. Completly the opposite of all the other staff and guests. Felt like that guy didn't belong to Viva sharm hotel staff.

Apart from that, 5 ***** in value for money, staff, guests, relaxation, sunshine, activities and etc...

Thanks again guys for a wonderful time and I'm sure I will see you all again soon.

Bruno

Room Tip: If you like quietness through day and night, choose rooms in quiet pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear. Bruno,

Warm Greetings from Viva Sharm Hotel - Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for choosing viva Sharm hotel for your holiday and thank you for submitting a Trip Advisor review, pleased to know that you had enjoyed your holiday at our hotel and considering back again
Your praises for the great staff will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that.
once again, thank you for your recommendation, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in our sunny hotel.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is very cheap if book on a comparison website and is good for what you pay. rooms are fine, they have a good size pool and everywhere is clean.

Only a couple problems, housekeeping come to early. woke me up 8:30am. dont provide you with do not disturb signs till i asked. I think wifi is pretty expensive. £4 for 2 hours but i think it cuts out before the 2 hours runs out. Animation team didnt seem great. they never came and talked to me and only ever saw them do aqua aerobics and a couple dances.

My main issue was that my friend wasnt allowed to visit me at the hotel. not even to sit and talk and not use facilities. Or i could pay £15 for her to come in every time. This is more than what it costs to stay a night. Also late check out costs the same and so was cheaper for me to go online and pay for another night instead.

coz its such a cheap hotel to book i feel they try make money any other way they can.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Jetsetter-T1990,

Warm Greetings from Viva Sharm Hotel - Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for your taking the time to post your comments regarding to your stay at viva Sharm hotel.
Your feedback is too much valuable for us, as we always gain new experience from others perceptions and that help us to improve our services, that we aim to provide to our valued guests such as yourself.
please be assured that we will discuss the negative issues you mentioned in your review with each department individually in order to improve our services to meet our guest expectations.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Went here in August as we got a cheap deal online. When we got there, the room we were placed in by the noisy pool was awful, and the staff weren't helpful. Also had my necklace stolen. When we filled out a guest review they were quick to move us to try and get a better review on here from us (they also made a point of asking us to give them a good review on here). Adam the entertainer was polite but Olivia the other entertainer was often stroppy, especially if you told her that you didn't want to pay to have drinks and go in the pool in the evening (bearing in mind this place is meant to be all inclusive)
Having a bar closed for a few hours then charging after 10pm is not all inclusive. Neither is trying to sell ice cream. Hassan was really hard working and always smiling; if other members of staff were like him and time was invested in modernising some of the rooms to the standard of the ones by the quiet pool, this hotel could have some potential to become amazing.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Viva_Sharm_12, Front Office Manager at Viva Sharm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear StevieJo89,

Warm Greetings from Viva Sharm Hotel - Sharm El sheikh.

for your kind information we already changed our all inclusive time to be till 23:00, and i would like to assure that all your comments specially the negative will assist us to improve our services in the future and we will be happy to see you again here in Viva Sharm Hotel ,,,

thank you again and again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A fabulous holiday. Well worth the money for a 3star hotel. We spent 11 nights here and could not complain about anything. It is a small and very friendly place to be .The room was very clean and when I went back to the room one day the cleaner had every piece of furniture in the middle of the room and was cleaning like mad. The sheets were changed for us mid week and when we requested clean sheets again there was no problem with this. We had towel art most days. The room was ground floor with a terrace and close to the pool. The twin room was quite big with 2 large beds. The bathroom was very nice with modern tiling all around. Our room had a fridge and a free safe
The staff were marvellous especially Bob the pool man (Bob the Builder) he delivered our towels with a beaming smile every day. The local Vodka is quite tangy so ask for vodka gin lemonade and red stuff (grenadine) all in the same glass. The food was quite good and replenished quickly. The tables are laid for 2 people so ask immediately if you need more cutlery. The animation team including Mauro, Evo and Kya were enthusiatic and helpful. Naama Bay is a £2 taxi ride away, The Old Market cost £3 and Hollywood shopping Centre with Dancing fountains was £5. There is a free bus to the beach which is allocated to our hotel and also to Naama Bay as well , ask at reception for detals,There are shops, supermarkets and Bars a 2 minute walk away. My advice is be friendly to the locals and they will be the same to you. The only thing I would comment on is that although the pool is cleaned every day a few of the tiles around the pool could be attended to and the pool area although clean could do with a good brushing to get rid of small stones. I recommend this Hotel and hope to visit again soon. Well done to a lovely friendly Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view are very good on the main pool. Although we did not see the rooms by the quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sian021

Dear sian021

Warm Greetings from Viva Sharm Hotel - Sharm El sheikh.

Thank-you very much for the “5 out of 5 - excellent” rating you gave our Hotel and thank you for taking the time to post you review on the Trip Advisor.com regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
we really appreciate your support and the team will be delighted you have recognized their great efforts.

once again thank you for recommending our hotel, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at the sunny viva sharm hotel.

Yours Faithfully.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went to viva sharm hotel,last wk in march,first wk in april.Had a great time again.Staff go out of their way to help you,for what you pay for 2wks,you caint live at home for a mth.The hotel as improved everytime I have gone back for the better.I av stayed at 4 hotels in Egypt this is the best,if your expecting 6star hotels then don't come to eagypt.The smaller hotels are the best,you get treated as a person,not a room number.Booked again for the 2nd of October for 2 wks.Caint wait to go back

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KAREN A

Dear Mrs. Karen A

"Warm greetings from Viva Sharm Hotel -Sharm El Sheikh.

We were very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for your recommendation.

We're looking forward to welcoming you again to our beautiful and sunny Hotel in our Reunion on next October.

Your Faithfully.