“Absolutely Lovely - Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Falcon Hills Hotel

Falcon Hills Hotel
Ranked #80 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Manchester
“Absolutely Lovely - Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2009

We have just returned from a two week all inclusive stay and it was lovely. It was the second time I have stayed here this year, I am not one to return to the same place twice but after visiting earlier in the year had no problem going back. My partner and I are well travelled and have stayed in four and five star hotels around the world. We could not fault this one at all. The hotel and surroundings were lovely, the room was perfect, modern and clean. The cleanliness of the hotel was second to none, it was immaculate, the staff clean non-stop. The food was lovely, always something for everyone. The staff were lovely and went to a lot of trouble and hard work to present the evening meals - on the terrace or tables set out around the pools somenights to make it special for the guests. The grounds and the pools are kept immaculate, we saw them cleaning the pools on the nights we stayed in at the hotel. The location is great, a ten minute walk to the beach which is beautiful for snorkeling and the fish are amazing, the colours are out of this world - it is like looking through glass the sea is so clear. It is a ten minute taxi ride to Naama Bay where there is everything for everyone. There are plenty of shops and bars if you just want to stay and have a walk out day or night. We could not fault this hotel at all, we were made so welcome. We had a lovely, relaxing holiday and will definately return next year. Thank you to everyone at Falcon HIlls.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
nottingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

this was the first time my wife and i had been to egypt and we chose the falcon hills in sharm to stay in. from the moment we walked in the main doors the staff were very welcoming. the hotel was very clean and well presented with a nice reception area near to the main bar. there are 2 pools, 1 large one just after you walk through the reception area and get outside and a smaller one at the back of the complex with its own bar. there is entertainment most nights ranging from karaoke to local dances. the rooms are clean only downside is the baths are slightly stained from the water. the staff couldnt do enough for you and were always cleaning up after you. your empty glass never stayed in front of you for more than 2 mins. the only problem we had whilst there was the food. it was barely warm, and rice and pasta was with every meal. didnt matter if you got there for opening times the food was never piping hot. it was always a meat dish of either beef, chicken or fish the some sort of potato and veg then rice and pasta so not much choice. but on a whole if they improved the food i would gladly go back to the hotel because as i said it was clean and very very friendly.

north west
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

We have just returned from the Falcon Hills having booked two weeks all inclusive, we were worried about staying there after reading some negative comments.

On arrival at midnight the we were greeted by a friendly guy on reception who explained everything and were then taken to our room. For someone who normally holidays in greece, the room was large and clean with a nice size bathroom. There was also a fridge and air con ( free of charge). The rooms were cleaned every day and could not be faulted,as for tv who watches tv on holiday!

Breakfast was the same everyday, but isnt it the same back home, there was alaways plenty to eat, cereal, pastries eggs etc.

I did find lunch and dinner a little boring after a week but that would be the same if I stayed in hotel in the UK. There was always fresh pasta and the food was edible (Neither of us suffered from stomach pains). A short walk would bring you to an outdoor shopping area with places to eat - we had a hot mezza and 2 x steak an chips with drinks for £ 23. A taxi to Namma Bay five min away and there is tons of places to eat at very cheap prices.
We stayed at the back pool of a day as it was quieter and after giving Mohammad the pool guy a couple of tips he put the towels on the beds for us each day so we always had a bed.
The drinks were fine and we had no problems getting served and if by 11pm you havent drank enough you can always pay.
The staff worked hard and were polite, they do 16 hr days daily.
All in all a good value break if you want sun and a good base to stay, try and book into the Holiday Inn in the UK for 14 nights all inclusive and see if you beat £600 so I son`t know why people moan. The hotel is ideal for a cheap relaxing holiday. I would go back again for the price.

Warrington, Cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

I was sat in the same place you was two weeks ago ready to go to the travel agency to change hotels, but honestly a holiday is what you make of it. We went out there with expectations of a dump but was surprised.

before the hotel a couple of quick ones:-
take sterling the exchange rate is a lot better over there and there is HSBC's every where.
(a lot of shops will take it anyway ;) )
book your trips through the rep its a little more expensive but you are insured!!!
if you are not snokelling, going to cairo or luxor you DO NOT need a visa on entry go straight to passport control they will filter you in to the visa que at the airport just walk past.

ROOMS:- rooms were basic but did the job and spotlessly cleaned everyday, yes the bathroom is a bit shabby but personally i go on holiday to see the place and get a tan not to sit in the room all day. This hotel is a 3* not a 4* as listed in a lot of brouchures but you have to understand egypt isnt the same as europe and there standards are a lot lower than our own.

FOOD:-The food left a lot ot be desired I am by no means a picky eater but this was a really poor point especially in the evenings i have visited egypt before so know not to expect what we normally would but this was beyond!! we ate out 5 out of the 7 nights but when the average person pays roughly £400 for a week you would pay more to go self catering somewhere!!! a meal in hard rock/TGI fridays worked out about £20 quid that was starters and mains.
GENERAL HOTEL:-
The hotel has 2 pools the main one being the busiest but with water polo and things on during the day do not expect to get a sunlounger after 6am unless you tip the pool boy daily, he only earms £20 a month so lives off tips.
Drinks on the all inclusive can be a little silly as the glasses during the day are about 2 mouthfulls big and only served at the inside bar so if you are both in the pool and wet you have to wait to dry off, also i suffered the tonic has finished story as well!!!

LOCATION:-The hotel is about a 5 minute taxi ride from namma bay make sure you use a hotel taxi and they arrange to come back and pick you up at a set time and place save you trying to haggle to get home!! you should pay no more thsn 60 egyptian pounds there and back. Namma bay is a complete different world and so much nicer than last time i went you can actually walk down a street and not get dragged in!! try to avoid the perfumary places as you will never get out they ask you to come and visit the "new family shop" but you just have to take this with a pinch of salt. Yes your Boyfriend/husband will be told he is very lucky to have a beautiful wife and yes he will be offered camels its not tenerife this is what they do. There is a lovely bar on the beach called VIVA if you head down to the casino and turn left its just there, we spent most evenings in here chilled out. The beer is cheap but if you drink spirits it can work out very expensive remember they are a muslim country so everything is imported.

if you think of this place as somewhere to sleep have breakfast and get free pop whilst sunbathing and relaxing then youll be fine if you are expecting 5* luxury read my review about the maldives go here haha!!!

Overall we had a lovely time in Sham and will be returning due to the weather in winter months. Would i return to the hotel?? yes and no yes if it was a cheap week as we would eat out in the evenings no if i could get one of the three corners hotels just a little more.

Livingston , Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2009

My wife and I travel a lot and while we always read reviews prior to going away I have never submitted a review, this AI package was so poor I really feel the need to warn others. If someone experienced this as their first every AI package they would never go AI again or if they did they must be very easy to please.

I booked this holiday for 1 week just as a late break and a chill out week in the sun. The weather was fantastic with clear blue skies every day and temp around the 35 mark, great for lying around the pool - that is the end of the good bits.

The biggest gripe I have is the food , there was little in the way of variety, it was poorly presented, laid out in a way that created a large Queue at every meal and I can honestly say I did not have one hot meal all week - the best on offer was just warm.
To give you a flavour - Breakfast was the same EVERY morning. For a complex of its size a faulty 6 slice toaster meant that you had to spend at least 5 mins to get some toast. Breakfast consisted of the following every morning. Mashed potatoes, hard boiled eggs (cold), tomatoes topped with cheese, sausages (not as we know sausages), various bread rolls, a selection of 2 cereals and you could get eggs fried or an omelette. They had fruit juice available but it was not fresh orange.

All other meals were of a similar standard but the one common tread was that no meals were presented hot; at very best they were warm. This was due to the very old system of containers with roll over lids and when a few people had been passed them and failed to close the lid the food went cold very quickly. They also failed to keep the food topped up and while people waited for an item to be topped up the queue would be static and lots of frustrated holiday makers.

The drinks available on the AI package were limited to 11am – 11pm and strictly enforced, I tried to get a bottle of water at around 11pm to take back to the room but found it difficult as they were insisting that AI had ended and I must pay for the water. On our first night I asked for 2 Gin and Tonics but was informed the tonic had finished and there should be more tomorrow, after the 3rd night of the same excuse I went to the local supermarket and bought Tonic. On the 5th night they had tonic but it was in cans and not placed in the fridge making it warm and they had no ice – I could go on but I don’t feel I need too!!!!

The rooms are very basic but are well cleaned every day, we could not have a shower without flooding the bathroom as the shower head had not been cleaned and the water went off in all directions, this coupled with a filthy shower curtain that only covered 80% of the very, very small bath meant that no matter what you tried the floor of the bathroom become flooded.

There are 2 pools, the main pool is very busy and we opted for the smaller pool at the back of the complex which suited us. They pool attendant was very helpful and deserved his daily tip - he always ensured we had a bed each day.

We do not expect to get European 4* standards when holidaying abroad but this hotel would struggle overall to get a 2* rating, the food and bar are no better than 1* while the pool is 3* and the rooms a very basic 2*.

Would I recommend this hotel – absolutely not, will I go back? I will certainly go back to Sharm but would NEVER return to the Falcon hills hotel

1 Thank RMcC60
boro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

I am writing this review nearly 5 months after coming back from the Falcon Hills in Sharm. I am not big on writing reviews but feel it is a must after reading some of the ridiculous comments & gripes that have been posted on here. Yes we are all different & some are more bothered about minor faults than others but come on??

My experience of The Falcon Hills was extremely pleasant, there was nothing in the week i was there that bothered me that much i felt i had wasted my money, infact i am lucky i paid in my eyes, very little compared to what i got in return.

The room was spacious enough for myself & ma bestest, anyone complaining about the reception on the tv, when you are in a middle eastern country...ON HOLIDAY is laughable....YOUR ON HOLIDAY why would you want to sit in your room & watch bbc news 24 or a film that is in arabic anyway, what did you expect,?? V+ box so you could record Eastenders???
Every Morning we went for breakfast & a dip in the pool, once back in our rooms, they were immaculate. We left money, phones, passports, ipods - you name it lying about, all still there on our return.. We had the infamous towel creations, bless them i think they must do it just to pass the time while getting paid pennies for cleaning numerous rooms all day everyday with hardly any thanks for thier efforts, which moves me on to the hotel staff. These guys...if you are there for 1 week, 2 weeks whatever....Is it not the same people you see there every single morning noon & night?? I think some people mistake these hard working grafters as rude or miserable, instead of tiredness, they have a thankless job. Socks. shoes black trousers, shirt & tie in 100 degree heat most of the year round. They are spotless, tables are cleared, no mess, i commend them. As for going to the bar at 10.45 & not getting served...EH how many people go to the bar at that time...go earlier if you know that, if you want 24 hour all inclusive branded drinks...get yourself off to 5* in cuba for £800/£900 in the summer instead of £300. The beer was nice...Bottled so not watered down...Aye, am the first to admit that the "fineland" vodka "gordoons" gin &..the best..the "Johnny Warder" whiskey all tasted the same...ROTTEN...but what peaople fail to remember is that you are in a Middle Eastern Country, these peole are muslims....AND THEY DONT DRINK, why should they have nice spirits. Yes...they dont give you the bottle of beer away with you & it is in half glasses but in all fairness it is far too warm to be supping pints of lager by the pool. Whoever it was that said, they had 3 / 4 bottles lying out at a time obviously didnt stand at the bar for long, the beer was not flat, it didnt have time to be...On occasion it may have been warm...thats what usually happens when the beer is running low & the fridge has to be stocked up.
Also, people complaining about the smell of sewage...cant believe i have to repeat tis again...but....YOU ARE IN A POOR, MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRY, it is going to smell, they dont have the facilities like we do. Its not the rooms that smell its the process of gettin rid of all the guests waste...in the middle of the desert.

For me...who has an terribly sensitive stomach & can get the BOAK at most things, i found the food quite pleasant...Didnt go for anythin too out there like the fish ( cause a dont like fish ) but loved the dishes they produced, loved the pasta they made...And considering i have been to Greece All Inclusive with the worst greek bbq food ever, these wee egyptians served up some fine kofta's & the likes. Aye breakfast can be somewhat boring after a while but its not a major issue at all....Infact its only by reading others reviews that i have actually thought about it. My perception the week i was there, & ate everything in sighte was...When a woman who had already been there a week before we arrived...& for the first 4 days before speaking to her had never moved off the lilo in the swimming pool, & who also had the same colour & skin type as the old woman from the film Theres Something About Mary, tried to complain to me about the food, saying it must have made her sick & she felt terrible, one had to suggest that maybe, just maybe it could be sun stroke/dehydration?? I mean, from 9am til 5pm sunbathing in 100 degrees then drinking all night, then getting up to do it all again, that could be the cause...But oh no, it definitely the hotel & the food...even though they only ever got the pizza..or chips...or burger...People complaining that "the staff no speaky no engerlish"...egyptians in egypt not speaking good english, you could knock me over with a feather!!!!

If you walk down to the bottom of the road that the Falcon is on there is a bar called the T2 which is an english bar & does Sunday dinners & has some good beers & spirits, shows the footie & has lots of english people in it. If you drink cider...the only place in egypt that sells it is the Little Buddha in naama bay, but its a fiver for a can of strongbow but if you are a cider monster like ma mate after havin to drink beer all week you will gladly fling your purse at them. Pacha for me was rubbish, didnt enjoy it at all. The Lttle Buddha however has some really good techo & funky hose/trance music, ad recommend that if you want to bust a move

I will be booking for the Falcon as soon as finds allow me to.

The only gripe i have with this hotel is some of the people that stay there then write rubbish reviews because they

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank aceypan
manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

I,ve just got back from falcon hills and although I never bother to write on these pages I felt it nessassary to set the record straight.
The hotel is lovely not the dump I read about before going.
the staff are really friendly and helpful they work their socks off and cant do enough to help.
The rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels and linen,they even turn the towels into swans and crocodiles and other creatures which is a nice touch considering the reviews I read about how dirty the place was before I went.
Yes the food is a bit limited in variety but they have to cater for lots of different nationalities and theres still always something you can choose from.Non of us ever felt even the slightest grumble in our stomachs so the people who claim to get food poisoning must live bread and water at home and cant cope with the smallest amount of spice or garlic.
As for the rude bar staff I did witness this on a few occassions but they were off with people who think they should be served as soon as they approach the bar , if I was serving some of these people they would have been wearing the drinks.
All in all the hotel is great value for money lets face it the majority of the cost is the flights you can drink the cost of staying there in the first week, so if you are expecting the hilton make sure your tickets say THE HILTON on them then you can go back to your council estate and tell all your friends about how well you where treated.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family