4 years ago we stayed in another 5* hotel in Sharm with our two teenage sons and vowed never to return to Egypt again.
However, after having a couple of years of unpredictable weather in the canaries for our week away in November without the boys we decided to give Egypt another go, and how glad we are that we had the courage to go for it !
The Baron resort (After much research from myself) was the chosen hotel and it lived up to every one of the positive reviews I had read.
The hotel management and staff obviously take great pride and concern over their visitors stays, we must have been asked at least twice a day if our holiday was enjoyable and if everything was to our liking and I am positive that if we had had only the slightest of problems it would have been seen to promptly. On the survey home you are asked "Were the Services of the Thomas Cook Rep. good" - our reply would be "wouldn’t really know as the hotel can service you in every possible way, he really wasn’t needed" Surely a good sign of an excellent hotel if the reps services are not required.
I will reiterate what you have already probably read in other reviews, and apologise up front as I don't really have anything else to offer but to confirm the positives.
1. The food is excellent in every one of the eating areas (The Indian being our favourite, chicken Jalfrezi is fantastic) And you could never go wrong in the buffet as there is something for everyone. You would only have yourself to blame if you left hungry.
2. No dreaded tummy bug for me and my husband and none of the people we made friends with had suffered either (However we did only eat in the hotel so it shows that they must take this issue very seriously)
3. Bedroom and Bathroom kept spotless by the staff. Every day we came in from the beach or pool to find the room as it was on the day we arrived.
4. Laundry service - my recommendation is use it. I had hardly any washing to do when I got home and it was a pleasure to tip the laundry man for doing a fantastic job of one that I hate.
Choose from either folded or hung - how fantastic is that, straight into the case for going home.
5. We used the hotel bus service to Namma Bay and it was very reliable. Left when it was supposed to and picked us up exactly on time.
6. The Fruit, biscuits and cake in your room was a nice touch in the evenings however if we are honest we never really needed them as we had eaten well in the restaurants. So nice but not at all necessary.
7. Pool and Beach spotless and we never struggled to find a sunbed no matter what time we got up.
I would just like to add this note for the management and staff. The smile and hello we received every day from you all really does make a difference, especially the one we received daily from the gardener as he was tending the pathways on our way to breakfast. It summed up the great pleasure it was for us to holiday with you.
So, thank you Baron Resort for re-introducing us to the pleasures of Sharm el Sheikh, we will now not hesitate to return and hope to do so in the very near future. And yes it will definitely be the Baron Resort for us. Why would we need to consider anywhere else?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury Hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh