There have been so many good reviews about the Baron Resort and I've no intention of repeating everything already said - just take comfort in that they are all entirely accurate. This really is an excellent hotel. The General Manager, Mr Ahmed is an absolute wonder and I have never seen such a well run establishment.
Just some niggly bits to consider:
1. Firstly, I think all the hotel managers in Sharm should summon the airport manager forthwith and read him the riot act. First and last impressions of a country count, and I have never come across such a lazy, ignorant and miserable bunch of officials in my life (apart from the guy on check-in) I think their behaviour could seriously affect future business for some, one of them demanded my pen from me in exchange for my passport back. I just snatched it back off of him and he slunk off.(Mr Ahmed - make that call)
2. Some guests were unofficially 'reserving' certain tables in restaurants and at the pool restaurant, for certain times. If I'm paying, I'll chose whatever table I like, whether somebody has 'reserved' it or not. This practice was quickly stamped out I noticed when I 'noisily' complained to a rest. manager.
3. Naama Bay is a dump - don't bother
4. Evening entertainment is low key and repetitive. Most evenings we were back in our room and asleep by 10.00.
5. Ampitheatre entertainment is juvenile and amateurish - kids seem to like it though!
6. This hotel is not ideal for kids, there are better options elsewhere. In fact the hotel would make a good adults only resort.
7. More furniture (seating) is needed in the lobby bar area.
8. They could do with a toilet nearer the beach area.
This hotel really is excellent which makes the niggles perhaps more noticeable than they normally would be elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury Hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh