This was our 7th time in Sharm, our 2nd visit to the Baron, the first time visit last October, and we are coming back again in June, really don't think I would stay anywhere else now, the service and staff are just first class from the minute you get up till the minute you go to bed. It was Easter and it was busier, which I feel is a good thing for the hotel and the staff, it was nice to see some of the faces from October and taking into account how many guests the staff see, it was lovely that they remembered us especially my husband!!! Our room was fab, fabulous view yet again and cleaned excellently every day, breakfast, lunch was everything you could ask for, dinner, yes you did have to queue for a reservation if you wanted to eat in one of the a la carte restaurants but not for long, and maybe because it was Easter it was busier, but I never had any trouble in getting a reservation for the restaurant I wanted.
The gardens are still one of the outstanding features of the Baron and them guys especially Mohammed work from sun up to sun down and always have a cheery good morning and a smile for you, the hotel should be very proud.
Again the manager Mr Ahmed is always around watching and looking after his empire and why shouldn't he, he has made this hotel one of the best in Sharm and long may he stay here.
My husband used the onsite Sinai Dive Centre for 2 dives every day and loved every single dive, he always came back with a smile on his face.
I only have 2 small points to make, the Khan El Khalili Oriental cafe,
where they advertise on the board about certain football games that are being shown, twice we went round there and I don't know if it's because it out of the way the managers not the staff think they can get away with a little bit more, the big screen wasn't set up for what was advertised and the service was diaboligcoal and under no circumstances can I blame the only barman on duty, as he had the Egyptian restaurant to deal with along with the shisha pipes, and on the 2 occasions, there were 2 blue shirt managers and 2 checked short managers just standing around talking and completely ignoring the guests sitting there, even when they were asked if they could help us, just with the World Cup coming up maybe a little bit of attention is required here. The 2nd point was the Indian restaurant again the service was spot on, but I found the food to be very dry, and the presentation lacking, it was brought to your plate wrapped in foil, not very appealing and this is obviously why it's dry, it must be kept like this in an oven until required.
And the only bug bear which I cannot stand and is not the hotels fault but us English (not the Germans) is, the towels on the beds around the pool, oh my god by 7.30 they were all gone, why do people do this? This is the last thing I want to do when I am on holiday but I'm hoping because it was Easter and being busier this was why, as in Octboer this was not a done thing.
Looking forward to coming back in 5 weeks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh