We stayed at the Baron Resort just before Easter and like a lot of other reviewers, cannot express how happy we were with the holiday. We arrived about eight in the evening, and had only just got to our room when the luggage arrived, so were able to go to the restaurant for an evening meal. Our room was spotless and the view was fantastic - Tiran Island, a blue sea and palm trees. In fact the hotel was exceptionally green, with gardeners working everywhere, every day, in fact I'm sure some days the grass was cut twice!
All the staff were extremely friendly and the service was absolutely brilliant. Just couldn't fault it. We ate in nearly all the restaurants and enjoyed the food very much, again the service was good. If the food wasn't quite as you expected - it was due to the Egyptian twist. The menus were small, but all cooked well and reasonable speed. Would recommend them all, depending on your tastes. The main buffet restaurant produced a good choice of food with international menus, changing each night, For a large buffet was incredibly good - certainly the best we've had.
We used the spa, the included massage was good, then we went again for a longer session because we enjoyed it so much.
The beach bar was wonderful - if you don't know what you want, just say whether you want alcohol or not and the bar staff will surprise you with a wonderful cocktail. We used all the bars where the service was good. We did not use the Niche bar (pay as you go) and it always seemed empty when we passed it.
The room cleaner - absolutely brilliant, couldn't do enough for us and checked back regularly. He seemed to do the room as soon as we went to breakfast and it was immaculate by the time we got back.
Our one slight comment is a toilet near the beach/buffet restaurant would have been convenient.
Abdel Hamid Ahmed (the General Manager) was regularly out making sure that everything was OK and was immediately there if anything was amiss, including making sure we were all waved off by him and has staff on our departure, much to the envy of the other travelers already on the coach - a nice touch!
It is a little more expensive than some other resorts, but clearly, sometimes you do get what you pay for and this was one of those occasions. I would totally recommend this hotel and we are planning to be there next year.
Like a previous reviewer, I would recommend taking small value notes for tipping. It is hard to get small Egyptian notes, so take a lot of pound coins (or euros) as well as £5 and £10 notes. The staff are happy to take the £1's and are even happier when you help them change these to notes which they can bank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury Hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh