Third time at the Baron Resort, and you remain on top of our list for being the best hotel for our summer holidays. This resort is so friendly, quiet, perfect for relaxation, great food and service, beautiful gardens and marble alleyways, shiny lobby....we miss you already!!
We had our usual beautiful room with sea view over pool, turquoise sea and Tiran island: we witnessed incredible sunrises and sunsets, and moon rises above Tiran island whilst chilling on our balcony. The room was immaculate. Room service is very good.
The pool is very quiet. Great to swim lengths. There is an entertainment team, but this hotel is all about relaxing so you do not have any loud music or stupid games going on. The entertainment team is very respectful of this and is available if you need amusement which seems to be very mild anyway, and mainly on the beach...the members of the entertainment team are always well chosen and very polite.
The pool staff and waiters are very helpful and friendly: thank you to Osama (lifeguard at the pool) and young Mahmood (waiter at Oasis bar) for looking after us with drinks and sometimes beautiful colourful cocktails at the end of day!
The lobby is beautiful and luxurious, giant bouquet of flowers, piano playing (real pianist), huge crystal chandelier and relaxing sofas (no kids running around, people smartly dressed.....)top class.
All toilets, even the ones close to the pool and beach are always neat, well perfumed, with bouquet of flowers and basket of fresh flannels... at all time of the day, public areas or toilets are left immaculate.
The gardens are impeccable, and gardeners seem to really take pride in making them beautiful: Mounier, thank you for your smile every morning and the bunches of Jasmin and bougainvilliers!
Lunches at the Sinai are a welcome break away from the midday full heat: you are always welcome by smily waiters, especially Valentina. Beautiful fresh buffet of colourful salads, or hot meals are available....very well presented and always enticing.....and it's hard to resist the desserts.....they are pieces of arts on your plate.....many pictures taken! Talented chefs patissiers!
In the evenings, you have choice of various restaurants, by the pool (Oasis), the beach (excellent Indian, we recommend eating on the balcony), the Italian (our favourite for its friendly service), the Egyptian (by the shops), or the buffet at the Sinai. All restaurants are good, but our gold star goes to Omar and his great team at the Italian: what a service from Valentina and Ahmed .....the carbonara is not on the menu (nor the garlic bread) but we recommend it!!
Book a romantic evening with Abdelfattah on the beach: nothing is too much for him.....you will have red carpet, serenade music, petals, candles.....Abdelfattah genuinely does this with his heart - top guy!!
There is a street of local shops for souvenirs, some are very good, some are a bit more chintzy, some shop keepers can be a bit more forceful and intimidating, but you have to go and meet the lovely Chris and his collection of beautiful design bags and accessorize (shop 16).
It was a pleasure also to meet again General Manager, Adbel Hamid Ahmed: we were able to congratulate him directly again on how beautiful the Resort is kept, and what a successful team he leads.
There are two minus points we would mention but these are because we are returning guests: 1) the Indian and Egyptian menus, especially appetizers, need changing since they become repetitive, especially after 6 days, and Mahmood's playing set at the Oasis in the evenings need changing: he has been playing the same order of songs, in the same style, for at least the last 3 years.....
It was harder to leave this time: we not only leave a nice relaxing place, we also leave friends now - We left with tears in our eyes, especially when all the front desk team came out to wave goodbye: promise, we will return very soon .... you truly deserve all those gold awards you display at reception!!
Karen and John
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh