“Gold stars....top awards well deserved!!”

Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #6 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Third time at the Baron Resort, and you remain on top of our list for being the best hotel for our summer holidays. This resort is so friendly, quiet, perfect for relaxation, great food and service, beautiful gardens and marble alleyways, shiny lobby....we miss you already!!
We had our usual beautiful room with sea view over pool, turquoise sea and Tiran island: we witnessed incredible sunrises and sunsets, and moon rises above Tiran island whilst chilling on our balcony. The room was immaculate. Room service is very good.
The pool is very quiet. Great to swim lengths. There is an entertainment team, but this hotel is all about relaxing so you do not have any loud music or stupid games going on. The entertainment team is very respectful of this and is available if you need amusement which seems to be very mild anyway, and mainly on the beach...the members of the entertainment team are always well chosen and very polite.
The pool staff and waiters are very helpful and friendly: thank you to Osama (lifeguard at the pool) and young Mahmood (waiter at Oasis bar) for looking after us with drinks and sometimes beautiful colourful cocktails at the end of day!
The lobby is beautiful and luxurious, giant bouquet of flowers, piano playing (real pianist), huge crystal chandelier and relaxing sofas (no kids running around, people smartly dressed.....)top class.
All toilets, even the ones close to the pool and beach are always neat, well perfumed, with bouquet of flowers and basket of fresh flannels... at all time of the day, public areas or toilets are left immaculate.
The gardens are impeccable, and gardeners seem to really take pride in making them beautiful: Mounier, thank you for your smile every morning and the bunches of Jasmin and bougainvilliers!
Lunches at the Sinai are a welcome break away from the midday full heat: you are always welcome by smily waiters, especially Valentina. Beautiful fresh buffet of colourful salads, or hot meals are available....very well presented and always enticing.....and it's hard to resist the desserts.....they are pieces of arts on your plate.....many pictures taken! Talented chefs patissiers!
In the evenings, you have choice of various restaurants, by the pool (Oasis), the beach (excellent Indian, we recommend eating on the balcony), the Italian (our favourite for its friendly service), the Egyptian (by the shops), or the buffet at the Sinai. All restaurants are good, but our gold star goes to Omar and his great team at the Italian: what a service from Valentina and Ahmed .....the carbonara is not on the menu (nor the garlic bread) but we recommend it!!
Book a romantic evening with Abdelfattah on the beach: nothing is too much for him.....you will have red carpet, serenade music, petals, candles.....Abdelfattah genuinely does this with his heart - top guy!!
There is a street of local shops for souvenirs, some are very good, some are a bit more chintzy, some shop keepers can be a bit more forceful and intimidating, but you have to go and meet the lovely Chris and his collection of beautiful design bags and accessorize (shop 16).

It was a pleasure also to meet again General Manager, Adbel Hamid Ahmed: we were able to congratulate him directly again on how beautiful the Resort is kept, and what a successful team he leads.

There are two minus points we would mention but these are because we are returning guests: 1) the Indian and Egyptian menus, especially appetizers, need changing since they become repetitive, especially after 6 days, and Mahmood's playing set at the Oasis in the evenings need changing: he has been playing the same order of songs, in the same style, for at least the last 3 years.....

It was harder to leave this time: we not only leave a nice relaxing place, we also leave friends now - We left with tears in our eyes, especially when all the front desk team came out to wave goodbye: promise, we will return very soon .... you truly deserve all those gold awards you display at reception!!

Karen and John

Room Tip: Choose central rooms, 353 or 355, for beautiful views over the sea
3  Thank karenplecuirot
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Mrs. Karen & Dear Mr. John,

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been again our guests recently and for taking the time to share your valuable and detailed feedback about your vacation experience.

Your lovely describing review of our staff and facilities was so nice for us and all your positive comments are highly appreciated plus the two suggestions will be certainly considered from our side.

We are already awaiting you and looking forward to your next visit to your “second home” at the Red Sea.

Abdel Hamid Ahmed

Write a ReviewReviews (4,153)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went there for a weekend-retreat with my son and wasn't disappointed at all. Very friendly staff,
however sometimes exaggerating with regard to their helpfulness (in the Italian Restaurant, three!!! waiters were at our disposal, carefully monitoring every movement at the table which might be interpreted as a call for assistance. Thanks guys, but still able to reach out for the salt and pepper shaker myself ;-) Spacious and comfy rooms with all amenities you could probably think of, including a large terrace offering an (almost) unobstructed seaview. Gardens were extremely well maintained, the private beach thoroughly cleaned-up after sunset. Thankfully, the hotel disposes of a section that seems to be exclusively dedicated to host Russian Travellers (including "their own" speciality restaurant), thus effectively avoiding potential "cultural misunderstandings". To spend some time after dinner, a walk on the souk-like boulevard of the hotel is highly recommended. Nice Cafés and a Bar to drop in for a chat. As is the case with similar facilities in Sharm, you should be aware of the fact that there is not really much to see or to do around the hotel, once you've enjoyed your evening "feeding". A hideaway like this might therefore be considered as a welcomed offer to let the day unwind.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andreas B

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guest with your son recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

It’s of great delight to read, that you enjoyed your weekend-retreat at our resort and we could meet your expectations.

We hope to welcome you and your son soon back again at our hotel premises.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was a fantastic stay made even better by the animation team who catered my every need. Zoe was always full of life, don't think ill ever forget her and her Yorkshire accent! Sasha was a friendly bloke who spoke perfect english, along with andrey. Even the two new workers tried there best and jumped straight into there roles keeping me thoroughly entertained. Natasha especially, ill miss my young ukrainian beauty. Overall it was a wonderful stay and the food was fabulous, the weather as expected warm and sunny. I only wish i could go back, unfortunately my stay was cut short due to family issues, but the staff were supportive and helpful in my relocation and travel plans.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Poshaccent

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guest recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

We are very happy, that you had a fantastic stay with us here and you felt very well cared, especially by our animation team.

We are looking forward to hopefully seeing you soon again at our resort.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My boyfriend and I have just come back from the Baron Resort (not to be confused with Baron Palms). This is the first time I have been to this resort and my very first time in Egypt. The Baron Resort was amazing from start to finish and we could not fault it.
We arrived late at night so we worried we would not be able to get food in the all inclusive resort but we were greeted by lovely friendly staff, offering a glass of wine and a cold towel and then showing us to a buffet they had put on for us. The buffet food was gorgeous we were very impressed right from the start (and I am quite a fussy eater).
We then went to our room, we paid extra for a sea view, I would really recommend paying that little bit extra! It was so beautiful to wake up to a lovely sea view. The room was great! we had a mini fridge filled with beer, soft drinks and water, which was refilled every day. The room was cleaned beautifully by the extremely attentive and friendly cleaners every morning (I am a bit OCD and thought the room was amazingly clean and tidy!!) The only down point about the room (which wasn't a problem at all really) the bed was quite hard for me but my boyfriend thought it was perfect so I guess it depends what you like.
We spent the first morning on the beach which is literally just across the road from the hotel. We didn't stay there very long though as there were a lot of men selling along the beach and we both felt quite harassed, so moved to the hotel pool where you got no hassle at all. The whole hotel was amazingly clean and tidy at all times and the pool area was lovely and very relaxing. You hardly had to move from your sun bed as the staff would come over to you and bring you drinks! Amazing service by the pool, they even came over to spray you with cool water, bring you cold towels and even clean your sunglasses for you! The pool bar food was lovely I could not fault the staff or food in this resort. The resort was maybe a little quiet for us but we still enjoyed every moment and was nice and relaxing. The entertainment staff did try their hardest to get people involved in various activities and games, it was just a shame it was so quiet.
In the evenings there were 5 restaurants to choose from - Egyptian, Italian, Indian, Grill and Buffet. Our favourite was the Egyptian and we went there twice! The others were also just as delicious. The only one we were disappointed with was the Italian, but we spoke to another couple who loved it and said it was their favourite so it is worth a try. After our evening meal we enjoyed drinking in the bars and went to the shows a couple of times. The shows weren't the best or most professional but good fun and we saw an amazing fire dancer! We also tried the sheesha bar one night which was nice and relaxing. We had a stroll down to the few shops that were near the hotel, but I found it quite a stressful experience as they hassle you so much but if you feel confident enough to tell them to leave you I am sure they sell some nice things. I just found the whole experience too stressful so we only went once, but I did buy a gorgeous bag! Our rep was so friendly and helpful and we went on one trip to the markets ... but again it was a very stressful experience with all the locals hassling you. It was an experience though!
My boyfriend is a keen scuba diver and he said it was amazing and did some of the best dives he has ever done in Sharm! I am usually terrified of the sea but I did snorkel a couple of times and I would really recommend you do it because it was brilliant! I couldn't believe how many amazing fish there were! I was so happy I over came my fear and jumped in!
I really couldn't recommend this resort enough if you want a lovely relaxing holiday where you are treated like royalty!! ... oh! and you 100% need to use the laundry service! Amazing!!!

Kerry & Jonny, 25 from Warrington.

Room Tip: sea view room!
2  Thank KerryLMc
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guests recently and for taking the time to share your valuable, detailed feedback about your vacation experience and of course for your kind recommendation, which we highly appreciate.

We feel so glad to get to know, that you spent an amazing holiday at our resort upon your first visit to Egypt and all your very positive comments plus as well your remarks will be highly noticed.

We will be very pleased to be your host soon again and we are looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

They say you pay for what you get and we decided to pay a little bit more for this hotel and we were not disappointed. The rooms are large and as I have a bad back I requested a softer mattress and feather pillows which were sorted out straight away - you cant ask more than that. We had fresh fruit in the room and cakes and biscuits. The pool area is very good and a large enough pool to do some lengths. The staff are very polite and accommodating to your every need, from cold flannels in rose water to cool you down and a rose water spray - lovely the waiters will get you your drink and if you don't want disturbing you can get a Do Not Disturb sign from the pool guy. The restaurants were all good and we tried them all but were particularly impressed with the Indian, delicious. Shows and the entertainment was excellent and a special mention goes out to Zoe who is brilliant with both English and foreign guest. Sara the Italian Entertainment Rep left while we were there and I hope she returns as she was brilliant too. Finally people had said how good the washing service was, you get 2 free washes whilst you are away. So I sent all my husbands shirt and my sun dresses and the were returned the same day and individually press and wrapped like brand new clothes. I would say this is one of the best hotels for service that I have stayed in.

Room Tip: We opted for a high floor
2  Thank DeborinaBlackpool

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guests recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

It’s of utmost pleasure for us, that we have met your needs for a perfect holiday and so you enjoyed a fantastic stay at our resort.

We hope to welcome you in the near future back at our property to spoil you once again with our services.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from a week at this fabulous hotel. This was our first visit to this hotel and although we have been to Egypt on three previous holidays this hotel is far and away the best.
I know it is in the higher price range compared to some other hotels but as always "you get what you pay for" We went with friends who had been to this hotel three times previously and although they raved over the service we had a wait and see policy. From the moment we were picked up by hotel transport at the airport to the return to the airport on departure I cannot fault the service of the hotel staff and management. The rooms are spotless and the range of complimentary toiletries, daily restocked fridge, bowls of fresh fruit and biscuits are a really great touch. There is also complimentary laundry, spa massage, haircut and water sports.
There is a choice of five restaurants, Three for evening meal only, two for lunch and evening meals and the buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The grounds/gardens are immaculate and the staff are constantly cleaning the walkways and seem to have time to talk to guests and in our case present my wife with flowers from the trees in the gardens.
There is a great beach bar where the staff just cannot do enough for the guests, All the staff working at the bar need to be complimented on their service. At lunchtimes there is grill/bar next to the pool. A-La-Carte menu and once again fantastic service.
In the evenings there is music at the pool bar which acts as a fish restaurant and Bar-B-Q grill.
The 24 hour bar in the reception area is perfect for pre dinner and after dinner drinks and the resident pianist plays popular tunes at just the right volume.
We will definitely return to this hotel again and have no problem with recommending to anyone.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must. Fabulous views over the pool area to the beach
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jack h
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guests recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience and certainly for your highly appreciated recommending.

We are so happy, that we could make your first stay with us a fabulous holiday and you really enjoyed our hospitality.

We are looking forward to your return visit soon to our resort.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is the 2nd time that we have stayed at this hotel which is fantastic and we can't praise it enough. It is like home away from home and gives us the opportunity to relax and unwind and be looked after. Aldo Stinchetti, the general manager, should be very proud of his staff who are all wonderful and cant do enough for you. Achmed who looked after our room each day and kept it immaculate ensuring that we had plenty of fresh fruit and Ibrahim from Beauty Within both deserve a special mention. The food was fantasitc at all the restaurants, particulary the Indian and the seafood night at The Sinai restaurant was also brilliant with so much work gone into the presentation and cooking of the food which was delicious. Having found such a great hotel, it is our intention to return on an annual basis. Just keep doing what you do.

Chris and Carol H

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Mr. Chris & Dear Mrs. Carol,

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been again our guests recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

It makes us so glad, that you spent again a fantastic stay at your “new home” in Sharm and it will be a great pleasure for us to be your host on an annual basis and we are already looking forward to your return at our resort.