What a fabulous hotel, just returned from a week at the Baron Resort and must say it was excellent. From arrival to departure everything was first class. We arrived at around tea time after flying with Thomas Cook (excellent plane and service) and had a private transfer - well worth the extra cost to avoid waiting around at the airport. When you arrive at the airport - you do NOT require a visa and head straight for the immigration desk on the right - the airport staff will try and direct you to the Visa queue. On arrival we were shown to our room and settled in within no time, the sea view room was excellent (317) and had terrific views of the Red Sea and pool area. The fridge was stocked with 2 Beers, soft drinks, water and tonic water. Whilst at the hotel the world cup was on the big screen outside the Egyptian Restaurant (Alas the party was short lived). The hotel was 50% occupied so lots of spaces around the pool areas and the beach - the sunbeds were really comfortable and always available.
The staff were all very professional and polite, the gardeners took extreme pleasure in manicuring the gardens and all were extremely well kept.
The beach was great - the best I have seen in Egypt and regularly cleaned, if you didn't want any sellers hassling you just get a red flag from the beach hut and nobody will interrupt your holiday - around the pool nobody approached us.
Restaurants - Numerous - we particularly liked the Italian but the main restaurant was very good although very quiet. The Indian Restaurant was good but tell them exactly how you like your meals i.e spicy, hot etc otherwise it will come just plain.
Karaoke was on for 1 night and various other floor shows that were of a decent standard.
The beer and drinks were also of a good standard and you could also get crisps from the bar.
The pool bar served terrific fajitas, steak, chicken etc and the food was excellent - well done to all concerned.
The beach bar - what a great setting at night - casually relaxing watching the sun go down on comfy seats with near enough 1 - 1 service - fabulous. Many a night late for dinner! This is a fabulous hotel if you like chilling with the sun still on your backs at 7 p.m with a nice cold beer or cocktail.
The manager walked around continuously asking how the holiday was going and seeking advice on how to make things even better
We never struggled getting small notes at reception and even brought some back for next time.
My only gripe was getting charged 300 Egyptian Pounds to keep the room on for 3 Hours - £10.00 per hour.
Apart from this last gripe - get it booked - Fabulous, Terrific - Cant wait to return and will definitely be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh