“4star service,2star food!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #5 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“4star service,2star food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

From Mr Abdel Hamid Ahmed, the general manager, right down to the lad that polished the banister every night, the staff could not have been nicer.Room was very clean and spacious,but , we looked right into a tree,room 302. Special thanks to Zowie in animation,Mohamed and Armiee in the panorama lounge and Kiro the pool bar waiter. That was just some of the good things ,now the bad !! The food in the main buffet restaurant was poor,if it wasn't pre cooked nearly raw it was over cooked and very dry,then by the time you get it on your plate it was cold. They had leg of lamb one night and it was so under cooked it could still of been eating grass!! Went to the Indian a few times, it was excellent! Do something about food and we would go back,if it stays same,no.

Room Tip: Go for odd number,they face pool,not the desert.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 7 July 2014

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

First we would like to thank you very much for having been recently our guests and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

Glad to read, that you positively mentioned our staff and cleanliness, but we feel very sorry, that our food offers did not meet your expectations, for which we do sincerely apologize and certainly we will look into this matter to ensure our guests satisfaction.

We will be pleased to have you in the near future again as our guest in the hotel to convince you next time as well from the food supplying aspect.

Abdel Hamid Ahmed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (914)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was our 2nd visit to the Baron Resort and again it did not disappoint. We had e-mailed for the same room and were given it upon arrival . The service was outstanding throughout our stay.. The general manager Mr Abdel Hamid Ahmed spoke to us on several occassions to ask if everything was satisfactory. All the staff at the hotel are a credit to him, nothing is too much trouble for them. With special thanks to our housekeeper Ekramy who asked everyday if we needed anything, also to Mohamed and all staff at the pool bar and a big thank you to Shady, Adel and the rest of the beach bar staff who kept us topped up with drinks whilst at the beach, and also to the staff at the Sinai restaurant.

We also met Ibrahaim from "Beauty Within" on the beach. What a lovely man. He booked me in for a facial and my partner in for a cut-throat shave (he went back for a 2nd one he was so impressed). What a great experience - do visit.

Can't wait for our third visit, we would certainly recommend this hotel. Great place to chill out and be spoilt.

Dave and Pauline

Room Tip: Stayed in garden views both visits lovely and quiet, but will upgrade to sea view on next visit.
2 Thank Pauline W
Dear Mr. Dave & Dear Mrs. Pauline,

Greetings from Baron Resort - Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been again our guest and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your recent vacation experience and for your kind, highly appreciated recommending of the same.

It's of great delight, that we could provide you once more with "happy days" at our hotel and as well special thanks for your nice praising comments for our staff.

With pleasure we are awaiting you soon back for your third visit to enjoy again our hospitality.

Kettering
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Me and the girlfriend stayed here for a week and was perfect. They treat you like royalty and nothing is ever too much. The grounds are beautiful and are the staff are always busy but polite and will always say hello. It's a shame they cut all the bushes back to twigs while we were there but I think it was due to the rush of work before Ramadan. The resort it's self was very quiet which was nice. The location is perfect for snorkelling make sure you take an underwater camera and the pool is lovely and cold. Eslam the waiter at the poolside bar is a good guy and will look after you. Make sure you take trousers as I didn't and had to borrow some from the hotel to eat at the restaurant. The worker in the hotel shop was very aggressive when we tried to but something for a reasonable price so that's worth a heads up. Also I believe everyone gets "deli belly" and bad stomach cramps when you in Egypt and lasts for about 3 days so bare that in mind. You will not be disappointed if you go here. Didn't see a cloud for a whole week and was about 40 degrees everyday. Although it was lovely I don't think I will return as I would like to try a different country next time.

Stayed June 2014

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been recently our guests and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

We are very pleased, that you felt like royalty at our hotel and you loved it.

We hope to see you in the near future again for another perfect week at our resort.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Ideally i would give this hotel 3.5* out of 5 but sadly TA only lets me vote 3 or 4 and i feel 4 is too high!

This was our second trip to Sharm, first to the Baron. I had booked it after reading so many fabulous reviews. It now makes me think that perhaps some of the guests with the 5* reviews have maybe not experienced what real 5 star is? (in Egypt 5 star is VERY different from elsewhere!)

Now don't get me wrong, the hotel is nice, the staff have exceptionally good service, i would even go as far to say the service was on a par with what we experienced in the Maldives!
The room was clean and the bed was one of the comfiest we have ever slept in! :) We stayed in room 331 and this was sea facing. The room was spacious, bathroom a bit on the small side but manageable. Upon arrival we had some cold meats, cheeses and cakes left for us in our room. The thought was nice but they were all warm..definitely not going to touch them with a barge pole! Why they didn't put them on a smaller plate in the mini bar to keep them cool and safe i'll never know! Also if you haven't been before make sure you use bottled water to brush your teeth..the water really is that bad in Egypt as a whole!
There was nice touches in the room however I do however wish they would stop with the fruit bowls every other day! I don't touch any fruit in Egypt as the hygiene standards leave a lot to be desired! Every time they swapped it out it just got wasted.
All of the public areas are clean, the marble can be a bit slippy but just don't run and you'll be fine! It is an older hotel and quite small ground wise (we stayed Reef Oasis Blue Bay last time which was spread out quite a bit) but the upkeep was good.
Service at the bar at reception is a bit hit or miss. Some days we got served drinks straight away, other days it looked as if everyone around us was being served but no one approached us.
We did book ourselves into the 'Spa'. I use inverted commas as this was a shambles of a place! In a 5* hotel that advertises having a spa i'd expect it to be a helluva lot better! You go in and it's the reception, no list of treatments you just tell them what you want. Fair enough. But then they take you straight through to the treatment room, take your clothes off that you need to and then the treatment begins! A spa is meant to be a place of relaxation and luxury! Where's the bathrobes? Where's the relaxation area to calm you before your treatment? I didn't even get offered a glass of water or anything after the massage! I really do regret booking 2 massages at once before experiencing the poor standard of the spa. The massage itself was reasonable. The girl kept opening the door and leaving the room and it was rather noisy so didn't really feel relaxing! Poorest so called 5* hotel's spa I've ever been to! Where's the luxury?!
You do get vouchers at check in for a free massage at the spa, i did not use these as i wanted a proper hot stone s it's not even as though it was the free rub down, i had paid good money!
Speaking of the vouchers, the best one in there is for the laundry. All your clothes come back all clean and ironed. The 2nd load that we sent came back fine..other than what looked like some pensioners male and female pants had made thier way into our basket! I did place them outside the room in the laundry bag with a note that they weren't mine so hopefully they found their way back to their owners!
The one thing that makes me mark this hotel down is the food. The buffet restaurant is abysmal! Breakfast was fine, you can't really go wrong with that can you? But lunch and dinner...you got 2 choices of rice, chips or one potato. one choice of veg and one choice of fish, beef/lamb and chicken. For a 5* hotel this is NOT variety. Especially when every day they are a variation of yesterdays menu! They do have a station for pasta which was ok and a station where the chef sliced some roasted meats. On our last week my partner had roast beef form this chef station. When he brought his plate to the table i was completely disgusted. The chef had the audacity to put 3 slices of pure FAT onto his plate!! I have been in hotels all over the world and nowhere at all would this be acceptable!! I also did not like the fact that no hand sanitation stations were present at ANY of the restaurants. That seems rather unusual to me, especially in Egypt!
The saving grace with the food was the Italian. This is the only time i felt like we were getting a proper meal! I must also say that Valentina, the girl from Milan who works in there is an asset to the hotel. Every time we say her she would great you with a smile and always so full of energy. Just fabulous!
We did eat at the BBQ restaurant and this too was good however...during the day the bbq is actually the pool bar/restaurant. We ate here the first few days no problem however on around day 4/5 of our holiday i decided to order the chicken fajitas. DON;T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!! I didn't like them very much as they were rather grizzley so my partner tried a small bit. That night he had a rather bad stomach however it did pass after a couple of hours. Later that night i too ended up ill...only much much worse. We had to call the doctor in the next day as i was so dehydrated from being so ill. The only thing we both ate was the fajitas so it was a case of either cross contamination or poor hygiene standards. The doctor claimed it was a 'travelers bug due to the change in heat and environment'. My medical report said Gastro. I say nonsense, I've traveled all over the world in much rougher places and not once got ill. I will say the duty manager did come to my room with the doctor and did keep checking to make sure i was ok but to be honest it really did tarnish the holiday. After this i was terrified to eat anything other than bread and rice!
If you look at any of my other TA reviews you will see i am a very easily pleased person, the Baron just really disappointed me. I go on holiday to experience the culture and the food...here i couldn't do that due to the poor quality of food.
I personally would not go back to the Baron which is sad because the staff really were brilliant and the reef is fabulous! (Also why people got o Sharm and NOT snorkel i'll never know! The underwater world is stunning! The Red Sea is even better than the reefs in the Maldives!) I will stick to what i know and if i ever go back to Sharm i shall head back to the Reef Oasis Blue Bay...or the gorgeous looking Sensatori next door to the Baron!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worth the extra. If you want real luxury, stay at the Sensatori next door.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Laurenza88

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

First we would like to thank you very much for having been recently our guests and for taking the time to share your valuable, detailed feedback about your vacation experience.

On one side we are very happy, that you enjoyed our 5* service, but on the other side we deeply regret, that our food services were not up to your satisfaction and the Spa did not meet your needs, for which your constructive comments have been forwarded to the leaser. By this way we would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay and kindly request you to contact me personally (email: abdelhamid.ahmed@baronsharm.com) to refer back to you.

We hope, we will have the chance to host you in the future once again at our resort to show you our 5* standard also regarding the mentioned points and to turn your mixed impression in a completely positive one.

sutton surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is still as good a years ago when it was B&B had my doubts but it still got brilliabt staff, food, rooms and a wonderful clean enviroment well done!
You must get a sea view room here its wonderful

Room Tip: Order sea view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank holsmadSuttonSurrey
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been recently again our guest and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

We are very glad to read, that we could meet your expectations upon your return visit after some years and you still had again an excellent stay with us.

We hope to welcome you once again at our resort in the not so far future.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We are currently staying at the Baron resort, due to go home tomorrow.
We have had a wonderful two weeks. This is our second visit and I dont think you could hope to find a better hotel.
We have a beautiful sea view room which has been spotlessly cleaned every day. The entire hotel is immaculate and the food in each of the restaurants is excellent.
The staff are so helpful and friendly, they cannot do enough for you. The laundery service is great everything came back same day and perfect, (what a bonus no washing to take home).
A special thanks to Mohammed on the jetty he's a really great character, but please get him a new umberella, he's more than earned it.

Room Tip: Opt for a sea view well worth the little extra
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been actually our guests and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your recent vacation experience.

Great to learn, that you just enjoyed wonderful two weeks at our hotel and we will be very pleased to see you in the near future back again at our resort.

Fleetwood, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a fabulous hotel, just returned from a week at the Baron Resort and must say it was excellent. From arrival to departure everything was first class. We arrived at around tea time after flying with Thomas Cook (excellent plane and service) and had a private transfer - well worth the extra cost to avoid waiting around at the airport. When you arrive at the airport - you do NOT require a visa and head straight for the immigration desk on the right - the airport staff will try and direct you to the Visa queue. On arrival we were shown to our room and settled in within no time, the sea view room was excellent (317) and had terrific views of the Red Sea and pool area. The fridge was stocked with 2 Beers, soft drinks, water and tonic water. Whilst at the hotel the world cup was on the big screen outside the Egyptian Restaurant (Alas the party was short lived). The hotel was 50% occupied so lots of spaces around the pool areas and the beach - the sunbeds were really comfortable and always available.

The staff were all very professional and polite, the gardeners took extreme pleasure in manicuring the gardens and all were extremely well kept.

The beach was great - the best I have seen in Egypt and regularly cleaned, if you didn't want any sellers hassling you just get a red flag from the beach hut and nobody will interrupt your holiday - around the pool nobody approached us.

Restaurants - Numerous - we particularly liked the Italian but the main restaurant was very good although very quiet. The Indian Restaurant was good but tell them exactly how you like your meals i.e spicy, hot etc otherwise it will come just plain.

Karaoke was on for 1 night and various other floor shows that were of a decent standard.

The beer and drinks were also of a good standard and you could also get crisps from the bar.

The pool bar served terrific fajitas, steak, chicken etc and the food was excellent - well done to all concerned.

The beach bar - what a great setting at night - casually relaxing watching the sun go down on comfy seats with near enough 1 - 1 service - fabulous. Many a night late for dinner! This is a fabulous hotel if you like chilling with the sun still on your backs at 7 p.m with a nice cold beer or cocktail.

The manager walked around continuously asking how the holiday was going and seeking advice on how to make things even better

We never struggled getting small notes at reception and even brought some back for next time.

My only gripe was getting charged 300 Egyptian Pounds to keep the room on for 3 Hours - £10.00 per hour.

Apart from this last gripe - get it booked - Fabulous, Terrific - Cant wait to return and will definitely be back

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room
2 Thank Colbyco21

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been our guests recently and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

It makes us very happy, that you had an excellent holiday with us and everything was first class for you.

We are awaiting you for your return visit soon again to spend more fabulous time at our resort.