My friend and I decided to revisit the Baron Resort some 8 months after our first visit. Although we had previously experienced a number of irritations, including the invasion of 300(ish) Russians on a convention (see previous review), we concluded that we had just been unlucky so thought we’d give it another go.
Fortunately, or unfortunately depending upon your viewpoint, Sharm generally is still very quiet due to the travel restrictions and other than the hardy Brits, there are a few Russian tourists and we also encountered a few Italians this time too. The hotel must be at less than half capacity and one wonders sadly how long the whole resort can economically continue.
We noticed quite a number of staff changes since our visit last October, but the staff who were there last time were welcoming and seemed delighted to see us and we felt looked after us very well - particular mention to Mohammad who gave us a fab drinks service whilst we laid on the beach, Adel (from the beach bar) and one of the waiters in the main restaurant – sorry, can’t remember his name.
We had specifically requested a ground floor room. The diamond wing seemed to be closed and the rooms in the main building are mostly accessed going through the reception area or up flights of stairs. Purely out of laziness, we thought that if we'd forgotten anything whilst at the beach, pool or restaurants, our ground floor room was superbly positioned. We did encounter some rowdiness at 4 am our first night as we were located close to the main walkway but that was all.
We once again availed ourselves of the complementary services: airport transfers (seamless), massage (excellent - although short changed a bit on the timings), and the laundry service - came home with a clean case of clothes.
The Baron Resort may not be the plushest, let's face it the sign looks like 'Las Vegas', and the website is pretty naff (it would improve the luxury perception of your resort if you redesigned it), but the staff (and management team) really can't do enough, the weather is amazing, and I'm sure we'll return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh