This was our first time in Sharm and I spent a lot of time searching for the right hotel that would have a perfect mix of a great location beside the beach, clean and comfortable rooms, good food and not a feeling of being overly crowded. I choose Baron (big thanks to Max Travel for all the careful and thoughtful suggestions) based on the great location and the so many good reviews I read here. We went there with high expectations, which is not always a good thing, but we were more than positively surprised. The staff is excellent and very helpful. They really go out of their way to make guests feel special and have a terrific attention for details (names, food or drink preferences etc.) They work so hard and really deserve to be reciprocated with kindness and respect!
If I were to make a list of all Baron has going for it, I would start with the perfect location. You have just to walk off the jetty to swim & snorkel in great coral reef area. My kids (aged 13 & 7) felt like they jumped into "Finding Nemo". We also visited Ras Mohamed and had a boat trip to Tiran Island, which were great, but for those that opt not to, you really do have a great snorkeling site just there.
The rooms were clean and spacious. We had booked for a double room with extra beds for kids, but were given a twin room with extra beds, which it was just fine. I did not opt for the sea view, because frankly we sat beside the sea all day, and did not mind the view when we're going to sleep :) The once a week free laundry offered to premium AI guests, was such a treat! Again, excellent service!
The food in the main buffet restaurant, was very good for an AI resort and also varied (they had theme nights on rotation each day of the week). The A la Carte restaurants were also very nice (we tried the Italian, Indian and Sea food), which were all very good and service was excellent. You could book on the day with no hassle at the guest relations. A staff member went around to ask guests if they had any special celebration during their stay, so that they could arrange something special! ( We do wish all the best to him, an excellent and bright guy!) Everybody speaks at least 3 languages decently (English, Italian and Russian - ok I am no judge for the latter, not knowing it myself).
We always had lunch at the restaurant by the pool, which has a fair selection of foods and a kids menu as well. The corner table beside the box was the best for providing shay and the music was never too loud to bother you.
For those that wanted to participate in activities, there was always something being organised. We were too enthralled by the sea, but the animation team made sure that there was something for everyone. We stayed for 8 days and the night shows program was not of the most varied, but really I did not mind at all. Th e kids loved the Chinese circus and the fire show, and even the music game night (at the indoors club) was great fun, thanks to the participants that were real sports.
The hotel was not crowded (or did not feel that way) due to its extensive grounds. There is one big pool and a small kids pool. I personally was glad that there were not too many pool options as the kids would prefer them to the sea, and it is really a shame to not swim & snorkel in the sea.
At the beach, even if the bar is just stone-throw away, you will be waited. Cold flannels provided to cope with the heat.
Here also you will receive offers for different services (from beauty treatments, massages, excursions or souvenirs). Buy something as these people live on those and really do work hard. But if you are of the sort that doesn't want to be bothered and do not enjoy to have a conversation with the locals (always the best way to know a country), you could ask your waiter to bring you a "do not disturb" sign to hang on your umbrella.
On a general note, Sharm really is a safe place and I hope tourists will return in greater numbers. The only bad taste in my mouth was left by the shameful state of the Airport toilets, which really should not take much to fix. Most impressed by the Red Sea and the friendliness of the people. Would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury Hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh