“Hotel with style”

Ranked #7 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Lyon, France
“Hotel with style”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We have been seven times on the Red sea and this was our first time in Baron Resort; very clean, no kitchy elements around, freshly cut flowers, coffee served with cookies, laundry and other services impeccable. Italian restaurant ( hello to kind Omar!) with great pasta. Pool service outstanding, you get spoiled with wet napkins with a smell of jasmine, cool sprinklers and even glass cleanings! Hotel is quiet, no shouting around. There are corals and fishes all around and those who love sea world will have a blast. One thing to work on it - local wine should be free of charge like in other hotels in Egypt with an ultra/all inclusive concept. GM Mr Ahmed is always around and open for all suggestions. I guess we will be back :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nadja N
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 2 September 2014

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been recently our guests and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

So pleased to read, that we could impress you by our service and you really enjoyed a stylish holiday upon your first visit to our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future again for another memorable holiday.

Abdel Hamid Ahmed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (921)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Well what can I say I booked this holiday September 2013 after being told by friends and looking on trip advisor how good the hotel was.

Stayed the August 2014 before we arrived I had emailed the barons asking what the dress code was like for gentlemen in evening I had reply stating that in the "summer months" smart over the knee shorts where accepted. On arriving this was not the case we were told long pants for gentlemen in the evening was allowed ( my partner had bought one pair with him) I confronted the nice lady and gentlemen who was checking us in about the email and showed them to which they then got manger and after showing him the email he asked me to forward email as the email was incorrect and only pants were allowed.

Holiday was then enjoyable until two days later when the lift stopped working I needed the lift to get down to pool/ restaurants as I had a 14 month baby in pram and 7 year old, we then struggled for roughly 3-4 days using stairs to get up and down from are room, on the third day I had spoken to the manager from when checked in and insured me that the problem would be fixed soon and at the same time I had asked had he received my email which he had!!! Even tho I had forwarded the email and asked for him to let me know he had received it! Not good!! Then the lift was fixed for a day the remained broke for rest off holiday so the lift worked out off 14 days 3-4 days absolutely a joke!, half way threw the hotel me and partner where ill stomach cramps the lot ( never been ill before visiting Egypt) wouldn't like to say what it was but both my kids where fine well they only eaten chips and few other items for the whole two weeks, I personally don't believe that the baron cater for children either in the main restaurant ala carte indian and Italian were fantastic!, food in pool and main restaurant were hit and miss.

One of main mangers came round talking to use and I explained I was not happy with lift, he then showed us the staff one which worked once I am positive they used to turn them off, air conditioning was going off last two days off holiday along with the electrics keeping my family up threw the night joke for 5 star, even on are last morning no electric couldn't get ready for checking out, after complaining twice last time to manager 5 min later it was on
for 40 mins then off... Very convenient.

Few good points staff are fantastic in hotel, indian was to die for yummy!, free laundry service very nice indeed, free massage lovely rooms are very nice and the grounds to the hotel are well looked after

Would I return ? No we have stayed in nicer hotels in sharm for half the price and less stars, what a shame these few little silly things where a let down.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Angelacank
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Madame,

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been recently our guest with your family and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

First we are happy, that you overall liked our resort and all your positive plus constructive comments are well noted and appreciated. We really regret, that some services, like the electricity issue, which is supplied by the central electricity company and out of our hand, did not meet your expectations, for which we do sincerely apologize. Further referring to the mentioned matter regarding the long trousers for dinner, kindly be informed, that after several guest comments we had to enforce meanwhile the dress code for gentlemen and in general.

We hope, we will have the chance to welcome you in the near future once again at our resort to meet your needs as well from the mentioned aspects and kindly you are required to contact me under my email: abdelhamid.ahmed@baronsharm.com

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The Baron was perfect. The staff were friendly and attentive. A speciall thanks to Rabbi(Indian Res),Armi(Lobby), the pool bar staff, our room cleaner and Valentina(Italian Res)
It is one of the most relaxing places i have ever been and would recommned this place to anyone. Also you must visit Beauty Within/Ibraham and his staff were fab. You must have the facial.
From the day you arrive to the day you leave the staff look after you 110% even when boarding the coach the send off was lovely.
Jane (Essex)

Room Tip: Sea View is a must
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Mrs. Jane,

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been recently our guest and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience and certainly for your kind, highly appreciated recommendation.

We feel very glad, that we could provide you with a perfect stay at our hotel and we would be very pleased to welcome you soon back again for more relaxing days.

London
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We decided to go back to the Baron Resort as our first trip (back in 2010) was totally amazing.

Our 2nd trip to the Baron Resort 4 years later can only be described as wow....If you want cleanliness, quality, friendly staff and most of all comfort and a relaxing environment then look no further than the Baron Resort in Sharm El Sheikh.

On arrival we were greeted with drinks and friendly staff in the magnificent marble reception area. We had connecting sea view rooms and woke up every morning overlooking the grounds, swimming pool and private beach. The view was breathtaking looking out onto the red sea and beautiful setting of Tiran Island.

We started breakfast at the buffet restaurant and there we met some old friends from our first trip. What a great feeling it was for the staff to remember you.

We were very well looked after from the point of greeting us and providing a most comfortable and relaxing breakfast , lunch and dinner experience through to the Animation entertainment team and even when we left we felt part of the Baron family as the staff made sure we had a good send off.

Arriving back in London was like waking up from a dream, we were asking ourselves did this really happen and the answer is yes, the memories, videos and pictures will be part of our family for life.

A big thank you to the Baron management and staff and the Animation team who put on a show every night and each better than the last. There were so many activities during the day around the pool and beach far too many to mention.

If you are reading this the best thing I can advice is if you don't believe me then go experience it for yourself, you will NOT be disappointed.

Albert Tamou (London)

Room Tip: Must have sea view rooms.
1 Thank WaterPoloStar
Dear Mr. Tamou,

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been recently again our guests and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience.

With utmost pleasure your so positive comments about our resort and staff along with our facilities and food offers have been acknowledged.

We really hope to see you with your family very soon back again at our hotel to be spoiled once more with our hospitality.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second holiday to the baron resort and we were certainly not disappointed. The hotel is excellent in every way. The staff are very attentive and nothing is too much trouble. Many staff remembered us from our previous visit. We were greeted by the general manager welcoming us back which was lovely. The food in the sinai restaurant was good and we were looked after very well again by waleed. We ate in most of the Al last carte restaurants and all the food was delicious. All areas of the hotel are extremely clean and the room cleaned to a high standard. We had an excellent sea and pool view room. The view to tiran island was stunning at sunrise. The dive centre attached to the hotel is excellent and provided my husband with some excellent diving. Once again thank you to the baron resort for a fabulous holiday. We will be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

It makes us very happy, that you enjoyed again a fabulous holiday upon your second visit and we are already looking forward to welcoming you soon back again.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Arrived 31st july 2014 for 2 weeks .I am a regular guest of the Baron Resort due to there excellent approach to looking after every customer. time after time after time

Rooms are suitably comfortable

Food is superb especially the Indian.Thanks again to Rabi@ Mohammed@ Ali fekerry Egyptian was also very good thanks to Ahmed Shafey

Thanks to Abdel Hamid Ahmed once again for looking after me my wife Deana and my son and stepson see you again next month Abdel

big thanks to Ahmed Mohammed and Ahmed and Rabi and little Mohammed and Ali fekerry in the pool bar for the laughs I had with all of you from Mr Peter ps sorry if I have forgotten some names

Also my wife had the vip package ie pedicure manicure threading facial etc booked with Ibrahim on the beach and I think her name is Sonia who looked after my wife Company name SHINE LIKE A DIAMOND my wife thoroughly love it so thought it worth a mention

kind regards Peter

Room Tip: get a sea view room ps some rooms you can get wifi if you are on the balcony
2 Thank peterdeanakimzak
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Mr. Peter,

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

We would like to thank you very much for having been recently again our guest with your family and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your vacation experience and as well for your highly appreciated loyalty to our hotel.

It was of utmost delight to see your great praising comments about our property and team members plus, that you felt again so well cared and looked after.

We are already awaiting you for your upcoming return visit next month.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We have just returned from our second holiday at the baron resort ,and it was just as fantastic as the first visit ,the manager came to see us as we got off the coach and entered the lobby and shook hands and welcomed us for returning to his hotel many of the staff remembered us also commenting that last year we had our daughters with us , the food was amazing we ate in each restaurant and the Sinai (main restaurant)many times and as usuallwe were very impressed with the food and impecable service at all times the hotel and grounds were immaculateat all times the gardeners worked around the clock ,as I dive I also had five amazing dives on the house reef fish and visability were amazing as to be expected diving in the red sea scorpion dive club the on site dive centre were fantastic tending to our every need ,absolutely amazing safety paramount as to be expected with the hobby would thoroughly recommend and we shall be returning to the baron in October 2014 or Feb 2015 for our third visit .we have had another fantastic holiday and cannot thank all of the staff for their attentive impeccable service once again many thanks to all.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms highly recommended
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank clive s
BaronResortManager, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 24 August 2014

Greetings from Baron Resort – Sharm El Sheikh!

So pleased, that you spent again an amazing and fantastic holiday with us upon your return visit.

We are already awaiting you to come back once more to our resort to provide you with another memorable stay.