“An excellent resort which is run very well indeed.”

Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #6 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Dusseldorf, Germany
“An excellent resort which is run very well indeed.”
Reviewed 15 July 2010

My wife and I have been going to Sharm El Sheikh for the last eight years at least once a year and often twice, and we have stayed at most of the best regarded five-star resorts and hotels. In our opinion the Baron is in the top two overall and is number one for attention to detail and quality of management. The staff are efficient and attentive, the resort is very well maintained (the staff are very pro-active in checking that everything works as it should, and even the smallest blemishes are touched up or repaired immediately), and the food is varied, appetising and well presented (the imaginative range of fresh juices at breakfast and the buffet lunches in the Sinai restaurant were highlights). Bar prices are on the high side, but you won't have to worry about that if you take the excellent "Premium all inclusive" package, which includes, among many other things: haircut; massage; laundry; and mini-bar replenishment.

The location is very good: close to the airport so transfer time is minimal; opposite Tiran Island, so the view is quite picturesque; and reef has excellent snorkelling (especially if you go left off the jetty).

There is a strong feeling that the comfort of the guest comes first e.g. vendors seem to be limited in the time that they can come onto the beach to offer their services and they won't bother you at all if you put the "do not disturb" sign on your beach umbrella.

We had an excellent holiday at the baron and recommend it most highly.. We look forward to visiting this resort agin in the future.

1 Thank MichaelCoffey
Sherbini, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 17 July 2010
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks and appreciations for your valuable comments.

It’s indeed a great pleasure for us, that you spent an excellent holiday at our Baron Resort Hotel and that our hotel with its facilities, gastronomy offers and staff services could even exceed your expectations. Your well recognition of our utmost efforts to provide our dear guests a relaxing and comfortable stay makes us very happy.

Thank you also for recommending our hotel, which is highly appreciated and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon again here for another memorable vacation.

Ahmed El Sherbini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (925)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Expect four star rather than five, good service, and perfect weather and you won’t be disappointed.

Enjoy the ultra clean hotel, clear turquoise seas and excellent snorkelling off the jetty. The holiday was just soooooo relaxing!

Food, room and facilities mainly good but there’s no wow factor. The hotel hasn’t got things quite right to warrant the 5 stars. i.e. Lovely piano bar with classical pianist being wasted as it’s within the Wifi laptop area.

Treat yourself to a massage in the spa if you can drag yourself away from the pool or beach.

Accept any shortcomings at the hotel and you really will have a lovely holiday.

Tip the bell boy, the cleaner and at the restaurant but only if deserved. The guys don’t earn much so it really helps them. There is always someone tending the garden, cleaning, painting and all done in 35+ degrees.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kenny007
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks and appreciations for your valuable feedback.

It’s a pleasure for us, that you enjoyed a so relaxing holiday at our Baron Resort Hotel and our hotel facilities, the service of our staff and especially the mentioned cleanliness of our resort were up to your satisfaction.
Please be sure, that we will highly consider also your constructive comments as room for improvement of 5 star standards.

We hope, we will have the chance to host you once again at our Baron Resort Hotel in the near future for another relaxing vacation.

Dunstable, Beds
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I thought I would be reviewing the Baron Palms as that is the hotel that we had booked initially. On arriving at the Palms we were told they were fully booked and that we would be upgraded to the Baron Resort next door. At first I was very upset as I had read reviews on both and wanted the Baron Palms, hence booking it in the first place... On arrival at the Baron Resort the staff were very helpful. I have to mention Claudia who put up with my ranting about our upgraded sea view room not being a sea view as they had started demolishing the old fountain and the boards were blocking the view (ground floor room you see)... To cut a long story short we decided to keep this room (119) as it was very convenient for all the restaurants and pool and beach access and was not in the main building so we did not have far to go for anything. The room was clean and the shower lovely. We tipped the cleaner daily and noticed that the one day we didn't (had no change) we didn't get out bottled water replenished..coincidence? Who knows.. That aside you can get water in any of the restaurants or at the bars so this again was not an issue for us. We are not lazy people!

We had no trouble finding sunbeds at the pool or beach. We alternated between the two but never stayed there all day. Our typical day was:

Up at 9ish for brekkie
Down to the pool or beach for around 10.30
Go to lunch at around 1pm
Either go back to pool or beach for another hour OR go for a siesta!
Go to the bar for a pre dinner drink (warning....vodka measures are insane and you will be tipsy after one! Funny though!)
Go have dinner in one of the wonderful restaurants. We never had trouble reserving the Italian, Egyption or Fish bar and ate at the Italian twice as it was that scrummy..
Have another drink!
Go to bed....

The service was excellent wherever you were in the resort. Say hello to everyone! Whether it be other guests or staff. We often said hello to the gardeners who were at it constantly and they truly do a great job in that heat! Very nice people...

We took a private boat from Bobo's on the beach for a personalised snorkling trip out to the ship wreck and Tiran Island. This cost us about £50 so not bad at all for 2 people. We got more than we expected as we saw lots of dolphins and our boat guy whistled to them and they came to play around the boat and chase the waves with us. Truly awesome and probably one of the best highlights of our holiday!

We also went paragliding again booked with Bobo's. This I found scary but that's just me and I am glad I did it. You get a wonderful view of the bay, Tiran Island and the airpot, lol! You can also get photos of the experience for around £7 delivered to you hotel that evening. I would recommend you do that!

Any water excursions/sports like that I would choose Bobo's. Lots cheaper than through the reps!

We took a day trip to Cairo via coach which was a long journey of 7 hours but got to see the Egyptian museum, the Papyrus factory, an interesting trip on the Nile to the Hard Rock Cafe and finally on to the Giza Pyramids. Wow. They are awesome.. Shame about all the people trying to sell you stuff at the bottom of them but well worth it!

So overall in a nutshell this is a great hotel. Clean, good service and spacious.

The only downsides were getting bitten by mossies and a tummy upset that is still ongoing. However, I am fairly certain that it was caused by anything nasty. I get travel tummy everywhere. I think the combination of heat, mineral water and lovely new food may be the cause! I would certainly return though and not let that put me off.

Oh and hello to Amr from the pool bar and everywhere else! You made our stay very hospitable and we hope you had a good break...

1 Thank pyretta13
Sherbini, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 14 July 2010
Dear Guest,

It’s indeed a great pleasure for us, that you had an enjoyable stay at our Baron Resort Hotel and that our hotel facilities and services met your expectations and our food offer was up to your satisfaction.
Further thank you a lot for your very nice feedback regarding our team members, especially the highlighted reception, gardeners and pool bar waiter and we do sincerely apologize for the mentioned inconvenience referring the room, which have been taken care of with the concerned departments to avoid repetition.
We are also very happy, that you had enjoyable experiences upon your trips from our beach and the interesting Cairo excursion.

We are looking forward to welcoming you hopefully soon back at our resort for spending again a memorable vacation.

Cheshire
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Just returned from Baron Resort and overall we had a good holiday.
Firstly the airport at Sharm is the worse airport I have been too. On arrival you go through to an area were men are shouting out your tour operators name and this is so they can take you to queue for your visa. Not sure if you need this but we paid £13 each because it said you needed a visa to scuba dive or if you need emergency treatment. Some people got one and some didn’t but I’m not convinced you need one. Then you have to join the passport queue which was a complete shambles and a free for all, however just go with the flow. This airport is very smokey despite no smoking areas and the toilets are a disgrace, they don’t flush, have no soap and nowwhere to dry your hands, but enough about the airport.

The transfer to the hotel was good and we were soon in our room and what a disappointment. We booked with Olympic holidays and paid for a deluxe room with sea view but the room was small (243) and one of the beds was a camp bed and not what I was expecting or what we paid for the room. The bathroom was small however the rooms were very clean as was the hotel.
We were premium all inclusive and I was glad of this because I would think that it was expensive if you had to buy food and drink.
If you try to get a sunbed around the pool after 10am then you wont get one and so like everyone else we reserved one with our towels, also when its windy they wont let you put the umbrellas up and I can see why but its so hot you do need the shade at times.
We mainly ate in the Sinai restaurant of a night and have to say the service was excellent and I couldn’t fault the waiters who looked after us. As a fussy eater I expect to struggle a bit and I have to say we did sometimes struggle but my husband was really pleased with the food and the quality of it. The other good thing about it was that it was a no smoking restaurant.
In the day we ate in the poolside restaurant and the food wasn’t brilliant and the service was appalling, they had looking busy down to a fine art and it was a smoking restaurant which I hate. Of an evening we mainly went to the lobby bar but at times it was difficult to find a seat and at times it was extremely smokey, for non smokers this is very annoying. The service here was good but they are selective who they give snacks too as some people get them and some don’t and I cant understand why.
I cant comment on the entertainment because we never went to any of the shows, but the entertainment team seemed nice and were not pushy.
The snorkelling was excellent and you could see lots of different fish and the beach was lovely and clean.

On the whole we had a really good holiday but this is not a 5 star hotel and when we were delayed and had to check out at 12 we paid 30 euros for another room that you can have until 6pm and this was room 804 that was the other side of the hotel but it was a nice room and just a bit smaller than the deluxe room we had paid for originally. Would we recommend the hotel, yes we would, would we go back probably not as we like to try different places, but we would go back to Egypt.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Sherbini, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 13 July 2010
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity the express my thanks and appreciations for your valuable feedback.

It’s a pleasure for us, that you had overall a good holiday at our Baron Resort Hotel and you enjoyed especially our lovely, clean beach.
We feel sorry for your experience at the airport upon your arrival.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience referring the room and pool/lobby bar occurred during your stay and rest assured, that all your comments have been taken care off with the concerned departments to follow up for avoiding any repetition.

We hope, you will give us the chance to host you once again at our Baron Resort Hotel in the near future.

Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Me and my boyfriend had a lovely holiday the hotel was gorgeous. Our room was cleaned and tidied every day. However we believe that the hotel would benefit from more entertainment for the evenings and especially for the younger crowd. The only bad thing I could say was the food was not very good and the male bar staff were very pervy and need to made aware that they make young women feel very uncomfortable but apart from those two things it was lovely.

Dear Guest,

It’s a great pleasure for us, that you had a lovely holiday at our Baron Resort Hotel and our hotel itself with its facilities and cleanliness were up to your satisfaction.
Kindly accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience during your stay, that some of our food offers and bar staff service did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured, that all your valuable comments have been taken care off with the concerned departments for corrective actions.

We hope, we will have the chance to welcome you once again at our resort for having another lovely vacation.

liverpool
Reviewed 11 July 2010

we stayed here in dec 2008 and it was amazing we returned to sharm last dec and stayed in the first choice holiday village there was no comparison we went back to the baron for the day to show my parents the hotel and all the staff remembed us needless to say i am returning in 4 week with my family really cant wait

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It’s indeed a great pleasure for us, that you are returning next month again to our Baron Resort Hotel for your coming vacation after you spent an amazing holiday in 2008 with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at our resort for another memorable holiday.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Excellent service except for some waiters at the sinai restaurant. we e-mailed the manager before our arrival for a sea view top floor room with kingsize bed and we got what we asked for. The beach from the hotel room is so close which is really helps with the very hot weather they have. You never have to look far to get a sunlounger. in fact during our stay (and we were late risers) there was always plenty of sunloungers at the front row!!! The pool bar is now back in action. We never had to wait long for our drinks there. for premium all inclusive customers at lunch time you had the choice to have your lunch at the pool restaurant and the waiter brings your food over or you could go to the Sinai restaurant which had the buffet - i would suggest try both over the length of your holiday so you can sample the variety of food on offer. my tip would be if you're going to the sinai restaurant is never ever go to the buffet until you have found a seat and you must wait until the waiter comes over and takes your drinks order. otherwise if they see food on your table they will take it as a sign that you don't want drinks (you'd think they would have the decency to ask you anyway but they never do).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Sherbini, General Manager at Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
Dear Guest,

It’s indeed a great pleasure for us, that you spent a fantastic holiday at our Baron Resort Hotel and that we could meet your requirements and our hotel offers were up to your satisfaction.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience occurred in the Sinai restaurant referring the waiter service and rest assured, that all your comments have been taken care off with the concerned department to avoid any repetition.

We hope, we will have the chance to host you soon again at our resort for another fantastic time.