I see Allan has beat us to it. we were upgraded from the baron palms and for us this was just perfect. this was our 6th time to Egypt and this is the best hotel we have been to by far.
we were the only family to arrive at the time so check in was quick and easy. we had a small hiccup as they only had 2 beds in each of the rooms and we required athird bed in one of the rooms. this was arranged within 15 mins. we arrived late, after dinner had finished. no problem, they had arranged a cold meat salad for us in our room.
the rooms themselves were spacious and cleanliness was excellent. we were towards the back of the hotel so the outlook was not all that great but hey, you don't book a holiday to stay in a room.
we found the food to be quite good. there was only a couple of nights where we had a bit of difficulty with choice but for the most part, we always found something to eat and the quality was good. towards the end of the holiday the pool restaurant reopened and we preferred to go there for a late afternoon snack.
we did not have too much trouble with upset stomachs and this is the first time I had no problems whatsoever.
the service in the restaurant was usually prompt and attentative and we never felt under pressure at any time to tip in order to receive good service but did so from time to time.
we spent most of our time at the dive centre or at the salt water pool. this was a quiet haven and we never had any difficulty in getting a sun lounger.
having been upgraded from the baron palms we were on the standard all inclusive. some others in the same situation had the premium all inclusive which was a bit annoying however we did not find this out until the end of the holiday. it was not too much of a problem for us as we mostly had soft drinks. we prefferred to use the beach bar. service there was very attentive and friendly and this too was a relaxing place to be.
the dive centre is run by Sinai divers (www.sinaidivers.com) we have used them several times and they are an excellent outfit. the house reef is excellent as is the snorkelling from the jetty.
if there was one criticism it came in the form of the beds. they were very hard and lumpy and Ifound it difficult to get a good nights sleep. we were also aware that some people had problems with mosquito bites but we never had any problems. we are also aware that some others may not feel they have had a good experience but for us this was an excellent holiday. we are booked up for the baron palms for june 2011. if we end up back here that would do us just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury Hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh