“Fantastic holiday experience”

Domina Hotel & Resort Harem
Ranked #38 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was a surprise holiday for my birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The staff were absolutely fantastic, from the reception staff, to all the staff in the Spices restaurant, to the cleaner. Nothing was too much trouble and they made us feel very special. The reason for the score of 4 is not a reflection on the staff but on the decoration. The Harem reception decoration needs refurbishing as it's very tired and the chairs in the Spices restaurant are heavy and dated.

We also went on the scuba diving taster. Again, we were treated extremely well and the whole experience was very well organised and professional. I would definitely recommend it.

I was disappointed that the gym was an extra cost. All inclusive usually includes the gym.

Room Tip: We stayed in Harem which has very traditional decor. You have to remember you are in Egypt and not a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kay19641704
Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

With my wife we spend a fabulous week, the room was fantastic with an amazing view of the pool.
The room was really perfect , clean and comfortable we loved it, but missing two things the tv channels were poor and the wi-fi network was weak all the time.
The restaurant spices were a perfect place not only for food but also for the friendly attitude of the staff specie lay hady
The food was so wonderful
The night live is not bad , but needs more Egyptian style
I loved the Peach very much
The tuff was good
Surly we will come again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Haitham O
DominaCoralBay C, Guest Relations Manager at Domina Hotel & Resort Harem, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great feedback.
There is nothing we love more than reading that our guests appreciated their experience with us. We are happy that our services and our team attentions met all your needs during your stay.
We thank you also for your suggestions that we will take into due account.
As far as the internet connection is concerned, we are already working to upgrade our Wi.Fi system to boost our wireless connection speed and signal through all the Resort area.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
With our kindest regards
Domina Coral Bay

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed last week at Harem hotel in the Domina resort for a week of freedive training with the Only One Apnea centre. My room was large and very comfortable. I loved my garden facing patio. I thought the food was good - lots of fresh salads and vegetables. At night the sounds from the main entertainment complex were minimal - I don't think I'd have wanted to be any closer. The downside is the distance to travel every day taking two taf tafs to get to the diving centre. After a day or two you get into the rhythm of it though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
DominaCoralBay C, Guest Relations Manager at Domina Hotel & Resort Harem, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.
We are happy to know that you appreciated your room and the restaurants.
As far as the taf-taf are concerned, we dedicated five free lines to allow our guests to move around the Resort with a service available 24 hours a day.
Thank you again and we are already looking forward to your next stay,
Best regards
Donatella Marmo

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the resort in January. The weather was perfect. The hotel and in fact the whole resort was great. I was surprised how much I'd enjoyed staying at a all inclusive resort. I'd really enjoyed the food. The menu catered for all taste buds. Most importantly for me I got to sample typically Egyptian cuisine. 5 out 5 from me.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank cydhiz

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our Resort for your holiday.
We very much appreciated your review and we are happy to know that we meet with success your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you again in our Resort.
Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just returned from a week at the Harem and wanted to share my thoughts. The complex is very large and the Harem is just one of the Hotels on the Coral Bay Resort. I could not fault the staff as they were all very friendly and helpful, the food was good with pently of vareity and in particular I liked the bread making section, the bread just out of the oven was great. We had a delux room which is the biggest room i have ever had in Egypt with two floors and we have been to Egypt 7 times, the room was lovely. Beach was nice with floating pontoons which is great if you are like me and like to snorkel. As per previous comment by someone the majority of the visitors to the hotel are Russian, very rare to hear an English voice anywhere, and they can be very rude, do not quede, hold doors open etc etc but it is a culteral thing i think, just something that you have to get used to. My only comments would be that i was dissappointed that the lobby bar served drinks in plastic glasses in the evening, not great for this standard of hotel, and the lobby needs a bit of a refurb, some of the furniture was a bit tired and very wobblely!! and some music would have been nice. Overall had a nice week some things very good, others not so great.

Room Tip: We had a sea view room which was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert R

Dear Guest,
thanks for choosing our Hotel for your holiday and for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor.
We are glad to read that you appreciated our Team’s attention and the accommodation.
We discussed your suggestions with our staff. Our guests comments are always precious and help us improving our services further.
We thank you again for your positive comments and look forward to welcoming you again
in our Hotel.
Kindest regards
Donatella Marmo

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Very big complex with very friendly and helpful staff. A lovely setting with great facilities for couples and families alike. The only drawback for me were the main contingent of holidaymakers which were the Russians-very rude no manners and abused the staff so although I liked the resort very much the Russians would put me off coming back. AD.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank manuandydon
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Family of three had visited Domina coral harem in late February for a 9 night stay. This place reminded me of the Truman show. It consists of 5 hotels in vast acres of land. We chose Harem having seen the TA reviews, I must say we were a bit disappointed as initially there was some hiccup, however, Manager Hani and reception officer Hatem were fantastic. They were very accommodating. The restaurant staff in Spices were superb. The food was delicious and had variety for money paid, so I would not complain. There were grill/fried/roast delicacies available everyday. Most importantly for us, the holiday was made special as these guys went out of their way to keep my little boy entertained. They would bring you fresh milk. Even offered us food to takeaway for the little one. Not many buffet style place do that. I sure loved our stay. In terms of service it was first class. It's worth the visit!! Thank you to Hadi and staff in the Spices and a special thanks to Omar, the young boy who would always play with my son.

Stayed: February 2014
DominaCoralBay C, Guest Relations Manager at Domina Hotel & Resort Harem, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,
It was really a pleasure reading your nice review and, most of all, welcoming your family and Ubayd, your lovely little boy. We always do our best to offer the most satisfying hotel experience and to fulfill our guests needs. We are glad we succeeded in this during your stay.
A big ‘thank you’ from our team for the compliments that you gave them.

Thank you again for the great review, and we are already looking forward to your next stay.
With warm regards,