“Excellent holiday experience”

Ranked #24 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent holiday experience”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My friend and I have just returned from 10 days at the Harem Hotel. We had a fantastic holiday which was made great by the beautiful resort, lovely room, excellent service and great facilities.

We were originally put in a room which was a little away from the main pool and restaurant - we were moved to a pool side room as soon as we requested it. The pool side room was more spacious and included luxuries such as towel robes and a walk in wardrobe. The rooms were clean and well maintained.

The staff were always so polite and friendly and could not do enough for you.

I would have wanted more choice in the restaurants that were all inclusive howeres the main restaurant had a lot of choice - not a great deal of variety but a lot of choice.

I would strongly suggest taking Euros and not Egyptian pounds as the prices seem to increase when converted.

All in all a great holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rea221

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My daughter and I spent a week just recently ( April – May 2014) at the Harem hotel. It was my first visit to Egypt although my daughter has visited Sharm el Sheikh once before. The resort is picturesque; a photographers dream location.

The delux room we stayed in was not far from the restaurant and pool. The room was a delight; elegant, comfortable, spacious and clean, and a walk in wardrobe to boot. The complementary drinks in the room fridge was a nice touch too.

As all inclusive guests we ate the majority of the time in the Spices Restaurant; the food was delicious and varied, and we particularly enjoyed the Egyptian night, local food beautifully served by staff, dressed in traditional costumes who were efficient and very pleasant. There was such a large variety of foods; meat, fish, vegetarian, fresh pasta station, amazing fresh bread of every type, large selection of salads and dressings and also a huge dessert selection- credit to the head chef and his staff. After mentioning how partial we were to traditional Egyptian food Hady, the restaurant manager arranged for us to dine at the sister hotel the next night.

The reception staff, particularly Medhat and Ibrahim were very helpful, the head chef needs a great big thank you

The hotel's pools (x1large/ x1 small) were both scrupulously clean and a pleasure to swim in. Akmed the life guard was very pleasant and informative, giving information regarding local amenities and customs.

The hotel Harem is positioned on a slight incline with a lovely walk down to the beach. We used the area of beach next to the owners beach; it was peaceful and exceptionally well maintained. There were plenty of beds and the complimentary towel facility was nearby. The snorkeling off the pontoon was absolutely amazing, second only to the sight of the pyramids in Ciaro.

To take advantage of the early sunrise, Domina time is one hour ahead of Sharm el Sheik; a must to remember when planning excursions.

Our day trip to Cairo was magical; the trip included a variety of delights; the Giza pyramids; the museum; a mosque; a perfume factory; a shop that made / sold papayas paper; a trip on the river Nile.

We travelled around the resort on the free 'Taf Taf' buses; the views were exceptional and the drivers were very friendly.
It was lovely to see a family of cats living nearby, and the occasional lizard!

We particularly enjoyed the multicultural feel of the resort, which included individuals from Russia and Italy.

I would highly recommend the Harem hotel for its location, amenities, the outstanding service, and the beautiful scenery. My first visit to Egypt, and particularly to Domina Coral Bay, was a wonderful, unforgettable experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank YvonneR7
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Me and my friend spent a week at the Harem Hotel, our first time in Egypt and have had an amazing and unforgetable experience. Upon arrival the staff were friendly, welcoming and gave a lot of information about the hotel and surroundings. Medhat, one of the reception staff, was particulary helpful and always wanted us and other guests to have the best holiday they could (which we did!)

The Spices Restaurant was also filed with friendly and very helpful staff who always made you feel welcome, answered any questions informatively and overall made it a lovely place to eat. Hady, a member of staff, would without doubt daily put a smile on our faces. The food was lovely and there was always a wide range of foods to choose from. The freshley made pasta was 10/10 everytime.

Our room was extremley clean, relaxing and really made to the whole experience enjoyable as well knowing we had such a lovely room to stay in. The view from the balcony was amazing over looking the sea.

We did not realise how big the whole resort was. It had everything you could need from shops, to great entertainment, a nightclub, diving area for snokelling, a beautiful beach and restaurants. If you are looking to book any excurtions I would highly recomend you book with Haz who works on the main beach.

Overall thanks to Harem and the amazing staff, I experienced and enjoyed the holiday more than I could ever have antiscipated. I would recommend this hotel 100% and give it 10/10.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lucinda S
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the harem resort and was very surprised at the size of the complex, it was described on the website as the largest resort in Egypt but I could never imagine the size until you actually arrive!

The staff are really friendly in particular Mehdhat on reception who was nothing but smiles and very helpful on all occasions, Ahmad by the pool who was constantly on hand to play by the pool and ensure you had a laugh and best of all 'Moz' who is a brilliant member of staff who always ensures full service is given to customers and ensured that my girlfriend and I were at home and fully refreshed!

The complex has numerous restaurants on site but the all inclusive restricts eating to the spices restaurant, this serves a wide range of quality food and you also get 30% discount to the other restaurants on site which are at a good low price anyway!

We upgraded at a reasonable price of £120 for 7 days to the duplex room which is on two floors and has a jacuzzi bath and king size 4 poster bed! It was definitely worth the extra cost.

Loved the holiday and would definitely attend again!

Thanks

Jack and Jen

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JK19891412
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was our first trip to Egypt and we booked our holiday through onthebeach. The whole experience was fantastic and hassle free, from booking, flight, transfers, hotel and restaurants. The highlight has to be the snorkeling though, with the Domina resort offering three floating jettys and an option to walk straight into the ocean with easy access to the most amazing fish and underwater sea life! You could even see the beautiful fish when walking on the beach. Fantastic and I would go back just for that.

Add to that good service, great relaxing and hassle free atmosphere and pretty good buffet food, Harem was a perfect choice for us that we would be really happy to return to. Just a note to say the waiters in the Spices restaurant were especially attentive and really made sure we felt looked after. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank emmaihsan
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Lovely and clean!!! Even il the ice cubes.are.made.out.of bottled water ... Best staff in the hotel. Always happy and smiley
Mos at the bar makes a cracking cocktail...Always up for a laugh and smiling...
Hady the resterant manager always smiling and ensures he has efficaint polite staff... And could not do enough even cooking chips especially.on.request

Lots to do on sight did not leave the complex and great discounts at restaurants on sight ... Will come back again soon

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cherie__91
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My arrival to the Hotel was not pleasant upon arrival, me and my wife didn't like the room and restaurant. We decided to get an upgrade to Harem. It was well worth it, which was an extra £200 for 10 nights. I was not particularly happy with certain situations, when ask by customer relations i stated the issues and problems.
The matter was dealt with such a response that left me surprised. The Manager from Food & Beverages spoke to me and asked what I would like and was happy to help. Then the Manager from the main Reception in charge of customer relations was also very helpful and was always checking up on me which was very nice of him. Thank you very much.
However, Hady the manager of the Restaurant, from Harem Spices made my holiday more special. every meal time I was treated like a V.I.P. He was going out of his way to make my stay more rememberable. Once again I give all thumbs up to Hady, My Trip wouldn't be the same without him,

Many Thanks Once Again For Such Great Service

Cemal & Gul

Room Tip: Upgrade to Harem Well Worth It. I Did it Once Upon Arrival.