“Excellent resort”

Ranked #22 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cairo, Egypt
“Excellent resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

It was a very nice vacation.
Exellent resort,wonderfull animation team,Front office team was very helpfull.
Housekeeping team was exellent.
Unique night life,Many outlets to enjoy.
Food quality was very good.

3 Thank Adham E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed in the Domina Harem Hotel for 7 nights, between 20th of May and 27th of May. Both myself and my wife had an amazing time while in Egypt, and we cannot fault the Hotel and especially the staff, they were amazing!
Upon arrival we were placed in a garden view room, about 2 minutes walk from the reception. The room was very spacious and clean, and overall of very good standard.
We stayed in an all-inclusive basis, and had most of our meals in the spices restaurant. The staff in the restaurant are always very friendly and always making sure you have a great meal! After a couple of days you get to know the staff and they are always trying to make you comfortable and they are always willing to help with whatever you need. Amazing service!
The food at the restaurant was very good, and the buffet had always a lot of food. Every day the main courses changed, and there were always a lot of variety from which to choose from. The Egyptian night was great, with traditional food and theme outfits being used by the staff. The fresh bread corner was amazing, and always had fresh and hot bread straight from the oven!
The pool was always very clean and well maintained, and the all inclusive bar by it had everything you needed. As always, the pool staff and the bar staff were always very friendly and always willing to help. The massages by the pool were great, and I would recommend them to everyone.
Inside the huge Domina resort you can find almost everything: beach, shopping area, restaurants, casino, disco, spa, gym, diving center.... You can easily go everywhere inside the resort using the Taf-Tafs and there is a lot to see and do.
If you want to go out the resort, the staff will help you and advise you on where to go, book a taxi, or whatever you need. Inside the resort, especially by the beach or the pool there are a lot of people selling activities like boat trips, excursions, camel rides or snorkeling days. Whether you want to book something or not, there is always a choice.
Overall we had an amazing holidays. The hotel facilities were very good, but for us what really made a difference was the amazing staff they have at this hotel: from the reception to the restaurant, pool or wherever you went, the staff was always fantastic and helpful, and they really do everything possible to make you stay the most enjoyable possible! Whatever we needed, they always took care of it, and as I said before, I cannot fault them! Top hospitality!

Will definitely come back! Thanks to all the staff for an amazing holidays!

Nuno and Débora

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Nuno A
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at Domina Coral Bay Harem Hotel from the 16/5/14 to the 27/5/14 as a single female traveller in her 30’s from the UK.

I shall try to keep the review precise according to my experience and also provide facts. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and found the staff to be very friendly, helpful, considerate, and willing to go beyond their remit to make your stay comfortable. Whilst the hotel is not 5 star in terms of UK standards, it is probably a 4 star, the staff make the hotel stay a 5 star experience.

Reception staff - The guest in the room next door was very noisy throughout the night and after bearing with it for a 4-5 nights and asked for my room to be changed. The reception staff, Hatem and Mehdat were very helpful and I was allowed to view a few rooms before picking the one I wanted to be moved to.

I booked a taxi from reception to have a return trip to Naama Bay (about £5 each way) and again this was easy and in fact the taxi driver allowed me to miss call him when I wanted him to oiuck me up to go back to the hotel. I felt safe with this arrangement. I found Hatem and Mehdat to also be very friendly and also making time to engage in conversation.

Room – Rooms were nice and clean. Good bedding, facilities, and bathroom. The mini bar is free of charge to consume the first time it is filled and thereafter you are charged. You are not told this at the start so please be mindful or ask for clarification.

Restaurant – The food was a wide variety, including meats, pasta, salads, sautéed vegetables, rice, bread, desserts, and fruit. As I was vegetarian, I found the vegetarian choice to be limited, having to eat rice, salad and pasta a lot. There was some Egyptian food, maybe a dish an evening, but more of this on Egyptian food night. There is plenty of food, but being vegetarian I found that many of the salads had meat or fish and so I had to have the fresh plain salads.

The chief chef Mohammed V. was very helpful and had said that he could cook me meals according to my request. On about 3 occasions he did this for me. I know some of the other English guests also had meals cooked for them despite not being vegetarian. I found the food to be catered to the majority of the guests who were Russian. Nevertheless, I did not go hungry and always had something to eat.

I had provided feedback directly to the hotel manager (Hany Elfiky) that more authentic Egyptian food would be a bonus and nicer to experience and he took this on board. He was very approachable and from day one had provided me with his business card to let him know directly how to improve my stay at the hotel. Restaurant staff were very helpful, provided a good service and served the guests well. No complaints on the service received at all.

Pool – There are plenty of sun loungers and clean towels available. The pool is adequate and there was aqua aerobics on offer from the entertainment team. This was fun to do. They did have a habit of leaving R&B and hip hop or other music on very loud on repeat, which some of us guests found annoying and we requested to lower the volume, play something else or have some relaxation music on instead. They listened to this request when asked, but again it would revert back to the same continuous music. The pool bar was good, no restrictions on drinks and friendly service. Moz was always very chatty. Only let down would be that there are no pool side hot snacks, only cake, fruit and ice cream between 3-5pm.

Beach – To be very clear, the hotel is on a clip and you can take the hotel bus called Taf Taff to the beach which takes 5-8 minutes and then you walk another 2 minutes or you can walk down the road and walk down three flights of stairs to the beach which takes about 5 minutes. I had read from previous reviews that the hotel was on the beach, but it is not.

The hotel Domina Coral Bay and Oasis are literally on the beach and they are the other aligned hotels in the resort. The beach had all inclusive bars and again service was good and there was no restriction on drinks and snacks. Again the beach has hotel entertainment staff playing loud music and commentary from about 11am to 5-6pm with a couple hours silence around 1-3pm. If you are looking for a quiet pool or beach area, this is rarely the case, but you can get quietness if you find a sun lounger away from the main music area. I found the beach staff again to be very friendly and helpful.

Beach services – I had a massage on the beach, which was very good. About 350 Egyptian pounds, about £29. Other staff did try to sell you beauty services or get you to buy trips, but if you are clear that you are not interested they do leave you alone. The glass bottom boat is worth doing.

Resort – The wider Domina Coral Bay resort is very big and you can not move around it without the use of a Taf Taf. There are bazaar shops on site, pharmacy, supermarket, medical services, 6 restaurants (not included in all inclusive deals, but ala carte) and several bars. The taf taf runs every few minutes and 24 hours a day and so getting around is easy, again making you feel safe at night.

Overall, my stay at Domina Coral Bay Harem Hotel was enjoyable and very good. The staff are great people. The service you received is very good because the staff make the hotel experience memorable. I felt safe at the resort and did not face any issues or problems. I would return to the hotel for another holiday if they provided more Egyptian food and/or vegetarian variety. I appreciate food is always something that had to be adjusted with whilst on holiday and so, other people may not find this an issue. I had a really good holiday and would recommend the hotel to other people.

I booked with travelrepublic.co.uk and my holiday representative there was with You Travel and Meeting Point Egypt. They also offered a good service.

Thanks for a lovely holiday!!!

Room Tip: I had a room facing the pool and near the restaurant (block 60), which seemed a bonus at first but i...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
16 Thank katrupa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Harem in the Domina resort for seven nights, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were excellent, all were genuinely warm and friendly, and some went the extra mile. A special mention goes to Hatem, at the reception, an exceptional individual fluent in four languages! His dedication and genuine hospitality made our stay most enjoyable. The room was lovely, and the food was surprisingly good! Thank you all for a super holiday! :)

Room Tip: The double story rooms near the hotel are very convenient
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julia M
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My friend and I have just returned from 10 days at the Harem Hotel. We had a fantastic holiday which was made great by the beautiful resort, lovely room, excellent service and great facilities.

We were originally put in a room which was a little away from the main pool and restaurant - we were moved to a pool side room as soon as we requested it. The pool side room was more spacious and included luxuries such as towel robes and a walk in wardrobe. The rooms were clean and well maintained.

The staff were always so polite and friendly and could not do enough for you.

I would have wanted more choice in the restaurants that were all inclusive howeres the main restaurant had a lot of choice - not a great deal of variety but a lot of choice.

I would strongly suggest taking Euros and not Egyptian pounds as the prices seem to increase when converted.

All in all a great holiday.

2 Thank Rea221
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My daughter and I spent a week just recently ( April – May 2014) at the Harem hotel. It was my first visit to Egypt although my daughter has visited Sharm el Sheikh once before. The resort is picturesque; a photographers dream location.

The delux room we stayed in was not far from the restaurant and pool. The room was a delight; elegant, comfortable, spacious and clean, and a walk in wardrobe to boot. The complementary drinks in the room fridge was a nice touch too.

As all inclusive guests we ate the majority of the time in the Spices Restaurant; the food was delicious and varied, and we particularly enjoyed the Egyptian night, local food beautifully served by staff, dressed in traditional costumes who were efficient and very pleasant. There was such a large variety of foods; meat, fish, vegetarian, fresh pasta station, amazing fresh bread of every type, large selection of salads and dressings and also a huge dessert selection- credit to the head chef and his staff. After mentioning how partial we were to traditional Egyptian food Hady, the restaurant manager arranged for us to dine at the sister hotel the next night.

The reception staff, particularly Medhat and Ibrahim were very helpful, the head chef needs a great big thank you

The hotel's pools (x1large/ x1 small) were both scrupulously clean and a pleasure to swim in. Akmed the life guard was very pleasant and informative, giving information regarding local amenities and customs.

The hotel Harem is positioned on a slight incline with a lovely walk down to the beach. We used the area of beach next to the owners beach; it was peaceful and exceptionally well maintained. There were plenty of beds and the complimentary towel facility was nearby. The snorkeling off the pontoon was absolutely amazing, second only to the sight of the pyramids in Ciaro.

To take advantage of the early sunrise, Domina time is one hour ahead of Sharm el Sheik; a must to remember when planning excursions.

Our day trip to Cairo was magical; the trip included a variety of delights; the Giza pyramids; the museum; a mosque; a perfume factory; a shop that made / sold papayas paper; a trip on the river Nile.

We travelled around the resort on the free 'Taf Taf' buses; the views were exceptional and the drivers were very friendly.
It was lovely to see a family of cats living nearby, and the occasional lizard!

We particularly enjoyed the multicultural feel of the resort, which included individuals from Russia and Italy.

I would highly recommend the Harem hotel for its location, amenities, the outstanding service, and the beautiful scenery. My first visit to Egypt, and particularly to Domina Coral Bay, was a wonderful, unforgettable experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank YvonneR7
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Me and my friend spent a week at the Harem Hotel, our first time in Egypt and have had an amazing and unforgetable experience. Upon arrival the staff were friendly, welcoming and gave a lot of information about the hotel and surroundings. Medhat, one of the reception staff, was particulary helpful and always wanted us and other guests to have the best holiday they could (which we did!)

The Spices Restaurant was also filed with friendly and very helpful staff who always made you feel welcome, answered any questions informatively and overall made it a lovely place to eat. Hady, a member of staff, would without doubt daily put a smile on our faces. The food was lovely and there was always a wide range of foods to choose from. The freshley made pasta was 10/10 everytime.

Our room was extremley clean, relaxing and really made to the whole experience enjoyable as well knowing we had such a lovely room to stay in. The view from the balcony was amazing over looking the sea.

We did not realise how big the whole resort was. It had everything you could need from shops, to great entertainment, a nightclub, diving area for snokelling, a beautiful beach and restaurants. If you are looking to book any excurtions I would highly recomend you book with Haz who works on the main beach.

Overall thanks to Harem and the amazing staff, I experienced and enjoyed the holiday more than I could ever have antiscipated. I would recommend this hotel 100% and give it 10/10.

3 Thank Lucinda S