“Great place to be!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Domina Hotel & Resort Harem
Ranked #24 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Great place to be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, good food and service.
Take this option instead of the Aquamarine or Coral option at Domina as much better !
Prepare yourself for the number of Russians across Sharm!
Beautiful scenery from Harem pretty much guaranteed a sea view and what a view it is!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Matt F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Overall, a Harem was very good hotel (part of a multi hotel complex). People we spoke to staying at other hotels on the same complex said that Harem was better from a service, quality and overall package point of view.
Staff at Harem couldn't do enough for you, were welcoming as you met, went over and above to make your stay as enjoyable as possible...So many people took an interest in looking after you.
The pool & whirlpools - good size and plenty of sun beds & towels. Lifeguard on duty, got involved with some of the ball games.
Poolside bar looked after Ahmed Ali who was always friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
Spices restaurant - food was generally varied daily, was good quality with an impressive range of tastes catered for. Staff here were excellent, even down to the really small things.
Room - nicely layed out and well equiped on arrival. Overall cleanliness was good although we did take some anti-bacterial wash/wipes and gave certain surfaces a once over on arrival (through personal choice).
Again, housekeeping was well managed with attention to service though there were some small maintenance things that could have benifited from being addressed (feedback left for hotel to address).
Facilities on Domina Coral Bay resort were very good - we had the all inclusive package but there were plenty of options either way.
Overall rating of Domina Harem is very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jay902014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

A good hotel, food was fine and staff were friendly and helpful. Weather was perfect, didnt drop below 35 degrees all day and night! I would highly recommend this hotel. rooms were massive and very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank jason s s
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our first trip to Egypt and we booked this hotel because of its reviews, and we're glad we did. The hotel was so clean and spacious and the weather amazing. The staff were all so friendly, from the reception to the cleaners. The food at the Spices restaurant was delicious and had alot of variety for every type of taste-bud. The chefs even made us chips as they knew we were British and would love them. The beach was so close with plenty of activities such as snorkelling, speedboats, quad biking in the desert, etc. Hatem at reception even rang the private transfer company, who spoke Egyptian, to confirm the times and didn't charge us for the calls. As we don't drink Alcohol, they made sure they made Mocktails instead of the usual drinks. They catered to every need so will definitely be staying there again. There were alot of Russians in the resort but luckily not at the Harem hotel and we met a few people there from the UK which was nice. Also, the cleaner was so honest so we made sure to tip him quite abit as my hubby decided it would be a good idea to hide the passports n about £400 under the TV. The cleaner waited til we got back to our room and told us that the money is under the TV and to use the safe... lol
I could go on for ages praising the hotel and staff, but long story short, it's an amazing hotel with good food and staff and highly recommended as not many Russians or children if you want a romantic getaway :)

Room Tip: The Double Duplex suite is gorgeous, with 2 floors, lovely balcony and seaview
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank kaytee786
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

It was a very nice vacation.
Exellent resort,wonderfull animation team,Front office team was very helpfull.
Housekeeping team was exellent.
Unique night life,Many outlets to enjoy.
Food quality was very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Adham E
Bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed in the Domina Harem Hotel for 7 nights, between 20th of May and 27th of May. Both myself and my wife had an amazing time while in Egypt, and we cannot fault the Hotel and especially the staff, they were amazing!
Upon arrival we were placed in a garden view room, about 2 minutes walk from the reception. The room was very spacious and clean, and overall of very good standard.
We stayed in an all-inclusive basis, and had most of our meals in the spices restaurant. The staff in the restaurant are always very friendly and always making sure you have a great meal! After a couple of days you get to know the staff and they are always trying to make you comfortable and they are always willing to help with whatever you need. Amazing service!
The food at the restaurant was very good, and the buffet had always a lot of food. Every day the main courses changed, and there were always a lot of variety from which to choose from. The Egyptian night was great, with traditional food and theme outfits being used by the staff. The fresh bread corner was amazing, and always had fresh and hot bread straight from the oven!
The pool was always very clean and well maintained, and the all inclusive bar by it had everything you needed. As always, the pool staff and the bar staff were always very friendly and always willing to help. The massages by the pool were great, and I would recommend them to everyone.
Inside the huge Domina resort you can find almost everything: beach, shopping area, restaurants, casino, disco, spa, gym, diving center.... You can easily go everywhere inside the resort using the Taf-Tafs and there is a lot to see and do.
If you want to go out the resort, the staff will help you and advise you on where to go, book a taxi, or whatever you need. Inside the resort, especially by the beach or the pool there are a lot of people selling activities like boat trips, excursions, camel rides or snorkeling days. Whether you want to book something or not, there is always a choice.
Overall we had an amazing holidays. The hotel facilities were very good, but for us what really made a difference was the amazing staff they have at this hotel: from the reception to the restaurant, pool or wherever you went, the staff was always fantastic and helpful, and they really do everything possible to make you stay the most enjoyable possible! Whatever we needed, they always took care of it, and as I said before, I cannot fault them! Top hospitality!

Will definitely come back! Thanks to all the staff for an amazing holidays!

Nuno and Débora

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Nuno A
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at Domina Coral Bay Harem Hotel from the 16/5/14 to the 27/5/14 as a single female traveller in her 30’s from the UK.

I shall try to keep the review precise according to my experience and also provide facts. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and found the staff to be very friendly, helpful, considerate, and willing to go beyond their remit to make your stay comfortable. Whilst the hotel is not 5 star in terms of UK standards, it is probably a 4 star, the staff make the hotel stay a 5 star experience.

Reception staff - The guest in the room next door was very noisy throughout the night and after bearing with it for a 4-5 nights and asked for my room to be changed. The reception staff, Hatem and Mehdat were very helpful and I was allowed to view a few rooms before picking the one I wanted to be moved to.

I booked a taxi from reception to have a return trip to Naama Bay (about £5 each way) and again this was easy and in fact the taxi driver allowed me to miss call him when I wanted him to oiuck me up to go back to the hotel. I felt safe with this arrangement. I found Hatem and Mehdat to also be very friendly and also making time to engage in conversation.

Room – Rooms were nice and clean. Good bedding, facilities, and bathroom. The mini bar is free of charge to consume the first time it is filled and thereafter you are charged. You are not told this at the start so please be mindful or ask for clarification.

Restaurant – The food was a wide variety, including meats, pasta, salads, sautéed vegetables, rice, bread, desserts, and fruit. As I was vegetarian, I found the vegetarian choice to be limited, having to eat rice, salad and pasta a lot. There was some Egyptian food, maybe a dish an evening, but more of this on Egyptian food night. There is plenty of food, but being vegetarian I found that many of the salads had meat or fish and so I had to have the fresh plain salads.

The chief chef Mohammed V. was very helpful and had said that he could cook me meals according to my request. On about 3 occasions he did this for me. I know some of the other English guests also had meals cooked for them despite not being vegetarian. I found the food to be catered to the majority of the guests who were Russian. Nevertheless, I did not go hungry and always had something to eat.

I had provided feedback directly to the hotel manager (Hany Elfiky) that more authentic Egyptian food would be a bonus and nicer to experience and he took this on board. He was very approachable and from day one had provided me with his business card to let him know directly how to improve my stay at the hotel. Restaurant staff were very helpful, provided a good service and served the guests well. No complaints on the service received at all.

Pool – There are plenty of sun loungers and clean towels available. The pool is adequate and there was aqua aerobics on offer from the entertainment team. This was fun to do. They did have a habit of leaving R&B and hip hop or other music on very loud on repeat, which some of us guests found annoying and we requested to lower the volume, play something else or have some relaxation music on instead. They listened to this request when asked, but again it would revert back to the same continuous music. The pool bar was good, no restrictions on drinks and friendly service. Moz was always very chatty. Only let down would be that there are no pool side hot snacks, only cake, fruit and ice cream between 3-5pm.

Beach – To be very clear, the hotel is on a clip and you can take the hotel bus called Taf Taff to the beach which takes 5-8 minutes and then you walk another 2 minutes or you can walk down the road and walk down three flights of stairs to the beach which takes about 5 minutes. I had read from previous reviews that the hotel was on the beach, but it is not.

The hotel Domina Coral Bay and Oasis are literally on the beach and they are the other aligned hotels in the resort. The beach had all inclusive bars and again service was good and there was no restriction on drinks and snacks. Again the beach has hotel entertainment staff playing loud music and commentary from about 11am to 5-6pm with a couple hours silence around 1-3pm. If you are looking for a quiet pool or beach area, this is rarely the case, but you can get quietness if you find a sun lounger away from the main music area. I found the beach staff again to be very friendly and helpful.

Beach services – I had a massage on the beach, which was very good. About 350 Egyptian pounds, about £29. Other staff did try to sell you beauty services or get you to buy trips, but if you are clear that you are not interested they do leave you alone. The glass bottom boat is worth doing.

Resort – The wider Domina Coral Bay resort is very big and you can not move around it without the use of a Taf Taf. There are bazaar shops on site, pharmacy, supermarket, medical services, 6 restaurants (not included in all inclusive deals, but ala carte) and several bars. The taf taf runs every few minutes and 24 hours a day and so getting around is easy, again making you feel safe at night.

Overall, my stay at Domina Coral Bay Harem Hotel was enjoyable and very good. The staff are great people. The service you received is very good because the staff make the hotel experience memorable. I felt safe at the resort and did not face any issues or problems. I would return to the hotel for another holiday if they provided more Egyptian food and/or vegetarian variety. I appreciate food is always something that had to be adjusted with whilst on holiday and so, other people may not find this an issue. I had a really good holiday and would recommend the hotel to other people.

I booked with travelrepublic.co.uk and my holiday representative there was with You Travel and Meeting Point Egypt. They also offered a good service.

Thanks for a lovely holiday!!!

Room Tip: I had a room facing the pool and near the restaurant (block 60), which seemed a bonus at first but i...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo