Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$80
US$48
US$54
  • Pool
Savoy Sharm El Sheikh(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$156
US$99
US$65
US$49
  • Pool
Falcon Hills Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$12
  • Breakfast included
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$28
6,266 results
All reviewsleisure poolal denteinfinity poolcaribbean barbay view restaurantarena barfishermans restaurantle romantiquetuf tufmain restaurantdeluxe roomitalian restaurantanimation teamgreat holidayduty managerspecial mentionspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Just returned from ROBB. We were concerned about going to Eygpt due to a previous bad experience, however we had nothing to worry about. This hotel is one of our top hotels visited around the world. everything was just what we wanted. the complex was large but never seemed busy, the staff were the most friendly group of people always polite and smiling from the gardeners to the management. Always a wide variety of food available throughout the day, the pools and beach area very clean snorkelling fantastic, evening entertainment as expected. would have given this hotel a 5 star but we did feel the rooms are looking a little tired however this did not spoil our holiday. We will defo go back again.

Stayed: October 2012
Shehab M, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Warm Regards from all of us

Reviewed 14 October 2012

This was our second visit to the Reef Oasis Blue bay and I have to say the standard has dropped immensely. We we there in 2009 and I could not fault the place. However 2012 is a very different story. To be fair the grounds are kept well as are the pools but nowhere near as good as 2009. It appears to me that the staffing levels have been reduced. The food was warm mostly and anything you wanted better like steak of prawns there was a surcharge, which to me for a 5* hotel should be part of the all inclusive. We ate out for two nights in Nama Bay. The staff are second to none, so friendly and will do everything they can to help you and the rooms are lovely and clean. we decided to eat late one night at the main buffet restaurant and didn't find anything edible so we left and ate a cheese toastie at one of the bars. Also for a 5* hotel you don't expect to drink from plastic glasses all the time, can expect it at the pool/beach but not in the bars. We were so disappointed as we were looking forward to a fantastic time but glad to go home in the end. It's a shame really because this place was and could still be one of the top resorts in Sharm. Hope it changes soon..

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank andy5161
Shehab M, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for spending your holidays with us, and for your comments. We appreciate constructive criticism to help us improve in areas that perhaps we don’t meet all customer expectations. I took note of your observations. Thank you for bringing it to our attention; I will certainly pass it to our management team. Thank you once again and we all look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards from all of us

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Picked Egypt again for both my husbands birthday and mine travelled out on the 27/09/12 to the Royal Grand Azure with First Choice. Received call from First Choice one day prior to departure to advise some contruction work being carried out in the hotel. Not given any other information other than if we were not happy, to take it up with our rep on arrival, This is when it all started going down hill. Once we got a clear picture of our accommodation we insisted we were moved, however the only option we were given was the Reef Oasis. On paper the details seemed to match what we had paid for in our 5* booking prior to leaving the UK. So settled for this as our better option into two days of our holiday. As this is how long it took First Choice to sort out.. VERY POOR!!! Note: Hotel advised First Choice had been aware of this work since the begining of September ample time to advise guests to this hotel..

REEF OASIS 5* PLATINUM!!

This is not the case, we had been told we would be upgraded to a supieror room. On arrival the Hotel is impressive once you get past the smell near the entrance. Arrived via a taxi provided by First Choice with only the taxi driver to communicate the reason why we were checking into this hotel via a security guard to reception. We were told our room would be available from 3.00pm however this was not the case and asked to go and have a drink to give them half an hour to make the room ready. When shown our room both me and my husband looked in horror!!! Was this 5* NO! Possibly 3* at a push, went directly to receiption to air our view. We were offered three rooms to view as we clearly stated our opinion on the rating. Two more supieror and one delux which we were advised an additional charge would be incured if we picked this one. All three were exactly the same in decor and standard. We opted for a much larger one than originally given (From 1249 to room 2247) and decided just to get on with our holiday after already two days of hell!!

This Hotel may tick the boxes for having the fasilities to achieve a 5* Platinum (What a joke!) status, but in our view it most certainly is not. Advise to Hotel.. 1) Rooms tired and dated, 2) Cleaning service very poor, 3) Condition of buildings require maintenance, 4) Footpaths and low level lighting hazardous! 5) Warm water served in jugs at meal times 6) No restaurant at lunch time available with air conditioning 7) Main Bay View menu at evening repetative 8) Seamans restaurant poor selection, would have liked to been asked how I would like my fish cooking, rather than do you want chips or rice not 5* service again!!! 9) Entertainment OMG! Our granddaughter Nativity wins hands down.. I have condensed our dislikes or this review would just go on and on and I think you would loose the will to live reading it.

A complaints form has been completed with Ahmed Thomsons rep, (Spent more time sitting with him than my husband Ha!)

Leaving with some positive, the Staff Shamky and Nosa round the relax pool and Sultan round the Pub area were stars and made our stay. And the Italian was the best food on the complex and what I expect from this level of Hotel.

You may ask why did we continue to stay, at some point you get fed up with complaining and it seemed to get you no where. And you pay a lot of money after working so hard all year you just want to get on with your holiday and make to best of it. Be it not what you expected. :(

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gillian A

Dear Gilian A, I would like to thank you for the review if you we're only correct, about half of what you wrote, i would have thanked you. When you go on a holiday to moan instead of enjoying yourselves it's obvious you have a problem. Your dissatisfaction began before you even came to the hotel, in fact when you landed. perhaps the weather was too hot, and no air conditioning in the taxi. Once you arrived we started by complaining about the room that you incidentally booked which was a standard room, apart from been absolutely rude, aggressive and insulting the receptionist and the duty manager who was trying to assist you and explain that the room allocated was the room type reserved for you, unfortunately you didn't want to listen and made a scene. I was advised about your carry on, and I personally came to see you, not to my surprise, once again you were very abrupt, and i wasn't even given the opportunity to finish my sentence, and I was only trying to explain and to calm you down. However you kept on moaning and blaming everybody for not upgrading you for free. I then organized for a duty manager to show you four other rooms to choose from, nonetheless nothing was suitable for you. My mistake was that I didn't ask the tour rep to relocate you elsewhere. I expected you to carry on all through your stay, and especially advised all departments concerned, including housekeeping to keep an eye on your room, therefore your complaint on the cleaning its not valid. The supervisor was checking your room personally every day. It wasn't rocket science to realize that we were in for a long week. If you were a little more polite instead of insulting us all, perhaps I would have upgraded you. What an exaggeration with your comment on repetitive food, you were here for a week and there's a menu change daily. I don't see the use of trying to justify anything else. I look forward to welcome you back soon. Kind regards from all the reception staff.

Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel in beautiful well kept grounds. Plenty of pools and pool space to choose from and the heated pool for our kids in March was brilliant. There was plenty of choice at all meal times and the food was very nice. Our room was spacious and clean. If you are looking to chill in the brilliant sunshine then this hotel is great. The only thing that spoiled if for us was the low key entertainment on an evening. The kids disco was like ground hog day..!! Same tracks every night. I expected a hotel rating in the top 10 in Sharm would have had a packed entertainment programme on an evening once the sun had gone down. A big let down considering the cost.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for you kind comments, we do appreciate your feedback either way, It is the only way for us to improve. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable. We all look forward to have you back in the nearest future. Kind Regards from all of us

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Arrived at the blue bay 21st september , huge hotel grounds ,due to my wife s walking difficulties ,we were shuttled round in a golf buggie .spent the 1st week round the relax pool,this area is child free, and no hassle from spa staff,or boat trip selling .the 2nd week was spent round the pool in front of bay view restaurant ,handy for food,pool,and beach via lift.this area was decked out so ,had sea view without the sand ...Both theses areas were well keptThe animation were all fantastic fall day and all evening ,The food here was all great, from the grill,to the al dente , did not do the fish restaurant,. All staff could not do enough for you Ally in Al Dente..Having travelled to Sharm 10 times now ,this hotel meets all expectations of a 5 star hotel ,Would we return to this hotel ???,,Yes.,

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonythetigerDurham
Shehab M, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience while visiting our resort. We are indeed delighted that you've enjoyed your holiday with us. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future, Warm Regards from all of us