“Simply the best!”

Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
Ranked #74 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We returned to ROBB for our 5th visit, and were definitely not disappointed!

From the moment we stepped off the bus at the resort, it felt like we had returned home!
We were only here for 6 days, but wow, we were looked after superbly!
We stayed in room 4229, which is right at the side of the Relax pool. (Next time we will probably ask for a pool view, as we never actually ventured out onto the balcony) The room was just perfect! Massive bed, massive shower and spotlessly clean! The rooms were cleaned every day, to a very high standard. Towels replaced every day, and amazing towel art by the cleaner which made us smile when we returned to our room.

Every single member of staff is professional and very friendly! The staff are a real asset to the hotel! The best!

We only used the facilities at the relax pool this time, seen as though we hadn't taken our children with us, it seemed wrong not to take advantage of the fact! Mohammed and Jack behind the bar were amazing! Keeping us hydrated on a regular basis! These guys have fantastic memories for names and drinks orders! There was some lovely chill out music playing when we were there, which was lovely! The only problem we came across was that certain Russian families decided to use the relax pool as well with their children. Regularly we saw children in the pool. They were very quickly asked to leave by the staff, but it didn't stop them coming back the following day, and trying again! Maybe it needs to be clearer that its adults only?
We never had a problem getting a sun bed, although it is very quiet at the moment, and the extra touch of the cold flannels at midday and the sunglasses cleaning was a lovely lovely!

We ate twice in the Italian restaurant, which was lovely, Reda and the staff made you very welcome, and Ali, who was our waiter both times, was very polite and couldn't do enough for us!
Zakaria in the Kebagi was very welcoming and again, the food was lovely, especially the fresh breads and hummus!
The food in the Bayview was also very nice, and there was something for everyone. We always found the food to be hot. We ate the salads, and took ice in our drinks, and we have never been ill . Alot of illnesses can be caused by dehydraytion, so keep up your fluid intake!

Reception is the only place where you can get wifi, and this was very slow, BUT whilst we were there, we were told that the wifi was being changed, and that you would be able to get it as far as the relax pool, so I'm sure that will please a lot of people if that happens.

The entertainment was always an issue, BUT, it is definitely improving! The guitarist and violinist outside The Pub was lovely to listen to, and the singer that the hotel had on on friday was a massive improvement! Noone can say that the hotel aren't trying, but i think its very hard to please everyone ALL the time!

Angie and Sam are amazing and made our stay the best we've had yet!

We have visited the hotel 5 times now, and the standards have never dropped, hence why we keep coming back.

The ROBB has never let us down and we will definitely will be back! Like I said, Simply the Best ;)

Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so special...

7  Thank Jules4star
AngieHolmes, Front Office Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Minimee123,

So glad that you once again had a fantastic stay and that even after so many visits you still think we are the best.

As you could see we are making lots of changes with regards to the entertainment on offer and we are pleased you liked our Guitarist Ahmed and Mohamed our violinist. Glad you also enjoyed listening to Joelene the singer.

I will pass on your comments to all of the staff you have mentioned - i know that they will be pleased to hear they gave you excellent service.

Thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon for your 6th visit.

Kind Regards and Best wishes from all of us,

Management

Write a ReviewReviews (6,216)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed at the reef oasis in February 14 just for a winters holiday. What can I say other than it was truly, yes truly extraordinary, the staff, all the staff, we're courteous, friendly couldn't do enough for you, felt a bit strange having you towels taken to your sun bed, nothing was to much trouble. The room was junior suite, and it was fantastic, kept clean by hard working staff. The restaurants are just perfect, lots to visit... Never went hungry.
The only bug bare was the wifi...only in reception, and didn't always work, if at all.. But that now may have been sorted.
Loved it so much, just booked 3 weeks in November...recommend it to all...

Room Tip: I can only say, that the junior suite I stayed in was fantastic, large clean, airy
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coops5714

Dear Guests,

Thank you for all your comments and feed back, we are pleased you had a wonderful holiday in February and the staff helped make your stay special. We apologise for the slow connection and soon we will hopefully have some changes I'm sure by November this will be much better. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Thank you.
Management.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Yet another fantastic holiday at the ROBB. You can guarantee that you will leave very relaxed and content and we cant wait to return!! The food was exceptional, there is such a large range of restaurants to eat in that I really can not see how anyone can complain about the food. I am a VERY fussy eater but I have never been let down by the choice and range on offer here. Even when the hotel hasn’t been at full occupancy due to the unrest in Cairo, the standards have always been maintained and if possible, on this holiday, increased. I have just read some of the reviews and I really wonder if this is the correct hotel that the reviews have been placed on as I am aware that there is another hotel in the area of a similar name. We have now visited here at least 12 times in the last three years and they have always maintained the high quality and choice of restaurants on all of our visits. I have never, ever, had any cold or luck warm food served and the choice, even at lunch times is vast. The reason that this hotel is so successful and has so many returning customers is that they really care that you have a good time and when there is a problem, they sort immediately. All the staff care about the hotel and the guests and it really shows. I think it was a nice touch for guests to be asked around the Relax pool if they had any concerns or comments, a good way of being pro active but of course, you can please some people some of the time but not all people all of the time!! We spoke to many new guests on this trip who had been concerned about the booking due to the reviews, we were horrified that this had happened as we travel several times a year and this hotel really does try to ensure every ones holiday is perfect, new guests or returning customers. However, they were all really happy and said that they would be re booking! A big thanks as normal to Tarik and all those in the Fisherman’s Restaurant for our beautiful breakfasts A perfect way to start every day!! Also for our lovely meals in the evenings, my husband adored the suggestions that he made for his fish dishes and he would have been there every night if he had the choice!! Thanks for my chicken Mohammed!
Loved the lunch in the Bay View - this is my favourite place for lunch and as per usual, Hisham Nagjeb was the shinning star in the room. Even when we were sitting outside and he was working inside, he would ensure he looked after us and he works so hard in speaking to the guests, looking after them, remembering what they like to drink, even remembering I was ill on my last visit in November with a slipped disc and immediately went and changed the chair for me to one that was perfect for my back,
He really does go over and above customer care every day. I loved the new uniforms that were worn some days, waistcoats were very smart. We also liked the new Theme nights that have been brought in, excellent idea as if you have certain likes or dislikes in food, you can then easily arrange to book for one of the al la carte restaurants. We normally prefer to stay at adult only hotels but this hotel is so well laid out that we don’t find there are any problems with families or children. The relax pool is perfect as Adults only, superb service from Little Mo (BB sends his love!!) who rushes around all day and how he remembers what everyone likes and when they like it - is amazing. We were immensely pleased on this trip to see that the relax pool area was opened twice in the evening for live singing. Perfect, what a brilliant idea and shows that they are always trying out new ideas for the guests. There was also films being shown on a couple of nights, again, another new idea so we cant praise them enough for trying to ensure all the people are pleased all of the time!!! Loved the new extras round the pool of cool towels at lunchtime, cleaning sunglasses and on a couple of occasions, being sprays with cool water!! Also, I felt very spoilt at the thoughtfulness of the cleaner of the rooms at the end of the relax pool who waved and spoke to us every day and put flowers on my sunbed for when I came back from breakfast, lovely touch!! Our room was immaculate as normal, we were looked after like royalty, towel art again was amazing and we couldn’t have been happier at the service and helpfulness we were shown. Top class service all around the hotel, with all the gardens and flowers, I really don’t know how they keep everywhere so clean and fresh. There is so much more I could say and people to mention but this review is long enough already!! The most important part of the review is to say this hotel deserves to be in the top three, as far as we and other guests are concerned, it is already Number One for us as the staff and Management really care and it shows. If you want a perfect holiday, book here, I promise you will not be disappointed. We are back this month to celebrate my 50th and our second Wedding Anniversary as I couldn’t think of anywhere else I would rather be!

2  Thank hillviewengland

Dear Guests,

Thanks so much for your recent review it's great that even after 12 or so visits that you still have so many positive things to say about our resort and the staff.

We look forward to seeing you again to help you celebrate your Birthday and your 2nd wedding anniversary. We will make the days very special for you.

See you soon,

Kind Regards and best wishes from us all,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

From the word go we were treated fantastically. After being slightly dubious because the last time we went to Sharm we stayed at the Sensatori which we didn't think they could better but they did on almost every level.

It is a beautiful hotel and the family rooms are fantastic with a completely separate room and bathroom for the children. It was spotlessly clean and the cleaner was so polite and lovely. In fact this can be said for ALL the staff. Nothing was too much trouble.

I read some bad reviews on here about the food but I disagree.....OK, its not like being at home but it never is when you go on holiday and we always found something to eat in all of the restaurants. There are about five to choose from and no limit on how many times you can go. None of us had any stomach problems, ice and water all mineral 'safe' water.
You can eat and drink 24hrs at this hotel which we have never had before at an all inclusive.
You also have a fully stocked fridge with soft drinks and water that you can top up everyday for free.

Our favourite place was the leisure (kids) pool. Mohammed and Salah made us feel so welcome and we had a fantastic time with them. The chef there was also brilliant. There was nothing they wouldn't do for us and we had such a laugh. Everyone was treated like this. They work SO hard. There are three slides for the kids, fresh towels every morning (no need to take your own to this hotel) and the towel man even put the towels neatly on your beds for you and put the umbrellas up etc.

My husband had a leg injury and we were taken in a buggy everywhere we wanted to go within minutes (this is a very large complex) which was at no extra charge and we were always met with charm by all of the drivers.

We loved this hotel, people and holiday so much that we were ready to come home and book again for October half term........I say 'were' because after entering the dates into the Thompson website and getting the price I was flabbergasted to see that it would be DOUBLE the price we have just paid. We will not be able to afford to come back. I think at a time where lots of countries aren't flying to Egypt and they are struggling (this hotel was only 40% full) as a country, the tour operators should be supporting them rather than pushing people away. It is with great regret that we won't be able to return but I would recommend it to everyone, couples, families, groups of girls.....I cannot fault it.

Maybe if I win the lottery....................shame on you Thompson!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you have children I would request a room close to the leisure pool. You aren't that close to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsSense

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. We are glad that everything met with your expectations and that the staff looked after you so well.

We do hope that you will find a time when the price is more suitable for you to return that you will come and visit us again.

Best wishes from us all,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The biggest asset of this hotel is the staff.Without doubt they are amongst the best.The guys around theRelax Pool ran themselves ragged all day.I dont know where Little Mo gets his stamina from.Breakfast in The Fishermans was I fine way to start the day with fresh orange followed by smoked salmon.Again the staff here made you feel very special.
The gardens are well maintained and looked amazing.The mosquito problem seems to be under control and what where about can be repelled by using Off available from the onsight chemist for a couple of pounds
Our room number was 3227 and it was kept immaculate by our cleaner.
There seems to be more attention been paid to detail and little things like ice towels and sunglass cleaning at poolside helps to make guests feel special.
We stayed for ten nights and the evening meals apart from one night where of a good standard.We where slightly dissapointed with the egyption night but it may just be personnel taste.
In all it was a good break and I will reccomend this place to friends back home.
We will return in November for a warm relaxing winter holiday

Room Tip: We have always stopped in block three overlooking Relax Pool on six occasions and have found no reas...
1  Thank aptrading

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your review. Very happy to hear that you had a good break and that the staff looked after you well.

We look forward to seeing you anf your family again in November.

Best wishes from all of us,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Whilst this a first rate hotel with absolutely fantastic staff you need to watch out for the fiddling management. They will talk you into buying extras at one price but when you settle your account at the end of your holiday they will charge you a lot more. The hotel is down to only 50 0/0 due to the trouble in Cairo so my guess is that they need to make up the short fall in takings. In conclusion this did not spoil our holiday it did leave you feeling ripped off.
The hotel is tired and in need of modernisation so at the price plus the rip off extras .we would not use this hotel again.
Nearly forgot to mention that only a handful of guests wear long trousers in the restaurants in fact anything goes and nobody cares.

Room Tip: Bedrooms are very noisy due to the hard flooring, lots of very night revellers making lots of noise.
3  Thank bryan v

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review.

All of our prices are fixed prices and cannot be changed on the system so not sure why you feel that you had been charged extra and ripped off. Please email me on bluebay.fomgr@reefoasis.com.eg so that we can discuss this further.

Gentlemen are requred to wear long trousers in the a la carte restaurants and this policy is strictly adhered to. In the main buffet restaurant and the kebabgi we expect guests to wear smart/casual but long trousers are not a requirement here.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Had a wonderful holiday weather was fab. The hotel grounds and staff were amazing and the pools were immense and so clean shame very cold water. Drinks fine except juices at breakfast which were ghastly. Food a bit limited, shame about variety of fresh fruit at breakfast and use of tinned not 5 star. All food was nicely cooked, Italian restaurant was brilliant and fish restaurant Ok.. However the staff were so helpful and eager to please it made the holiday.
We did the Trip to Cairo by air with Thomsons and it was the best trip we have ever been on and we have been travelling around the world for over 25 years.
This hotel like many in Egypt is not 5 star compared with other countries and the bedrooms are very tired but clean however saying that I would still consider going back as we had a lovely relaxing 11 night holiday with our 9 year old daughter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the relax pool v nice!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us.

It's good to know that you had a relaxing holiday and would consider returning to us.

With regards to the food we are sorry that you felt there was not much variety. We have different themed evenings each evening in the Bay View restaurant so we feel by doing this that there will always be something different for our guests to eat each day. With regards to the juice we do offer freshly squeezed orange juice for an extra charge. We will pass on your comments to the Food and Beverage department as they are always eager to hear feedback.

You are right in saying that 5 star in Egypt is not the same as other countries however this does not affect the top class service we always strive to deliver to our guests.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,