Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Crowne Plaza(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Fitness centre
  • Spa
Sharm Plaza Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Sharm Resort Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Domina Coral Bay Oasis(Sharm El Sheikh)
6,267 results
All reviewsleisure poolal denteinfinity poolcaribbean barbay view restaurantarena barfishermans restaurantle romantiquetuf tufmain restaurantdeluxe roomitalian restaurantanimation teamgreat holidayduty managerspecial mentionspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just back from a weeks holiday in Sharm. The hotel was recommended by a friend and we were pleasantly surprised at the standard of the hotel and the site complex.

We were located in the standard rooms in block 5 which is towards the farthest end of the complex but no more than a 5 minute walk to the main bars/restaurants which are all located at the beach end of the resort complex. Our room standard (which was classed as a basic room) was very good and our cleaner worked hard changing our sheets etc which seemed to be done each day as well as the towels. The only downside was that our room was on the ground floor which meant if you wanted any privacy you had to keep the curtains permanently closed.

The standard of the main bars in the complex are very good and the waiter service for drinks was very efficient, please note however that the hotel was only 50% occupied as due the recent troubles only the English and Russians are currently visiting Egypt. The quality of the all inclusive cocktails was very poor for a hotel of this rating which was a shame as the house wine and beer was of a reasonable quality. If you wanted a decent cocktail you had to pay between £6 and £7 extra which doesn't exactly bide well on a supposedly 5 star all inclusive package. The fruit juices used were not of a good standard and more like childrens cordial, I would expect better. The juices at breakfast were again watered down cordial, if you wanted fresh juice this was also another chargeable extra at £2.50 for a small glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.

The food in the general buffet had a good variety of choice. We ate in the Fishermans restaurant which wasn't a great experience as again you were again given the hard selland encouraged to pay for more expensive fish/prawns/lobster which if you visit all inclusive resorts in the caribbean are included as standard. You had to serve yourself for the starter and sweet courses and the buffet didn't include any fish options. The restaurant was very noisy and you could hear the chef clattering about whilst cooking the fish.

Our favourite speciality restaurant was the Italian, atmosphere/music was great and the food delicious, again however if you wanted what would be considered a standard sweet of tiramisu this was a chargeable extra at £6.50!

The complex has a great variety of swimming pools and we spent time at each of the pools and the beach area which is the best in Sharm. The relax pool which is adult only was our favourite and we never had any difficulty getting a sunbed.

The entertainment is very poor and starts too early at 19.00 which is when the majority of people are enjoying dinner. There is very little going on at any of the entertainment areas after 9.00/10.00pm. Best entertainment was a girl singer who wasn't actually on the entertainment list?

Would I visit again, yes but would want to see less of the chargeable extras and more included as standard on the all inclusive package. As the hotel was also half empty it wouldn't have killed them financially to give a few free room upgrades. We also had to swop rooms for a late checkout as your request cannot be processed until the evening before you depart which means your current room has already been allocated to someone else. We paid around £37 for late checkout and moved to another room for the last 6 hours of our stay. There isn't anywhere to have a shower etc if you don't decide to pay for late checkout.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Thegirlswarrington
AngieHolmes, Front Office Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate your comments and have noted all of your feedback.

We have quite an extensive range of drinks on offer as part of the All Inclusive concept. We also like to give our guests the choice of having optional extras too. I would like to take this opportunity to explain that any items that have an extra charge on them are because the drinks/ingredients have been imported and have a heavy tax on these items. Also some items simply may not be available for us to source in Egypt or here they may not be the best quality. You have to understand that we are not in the Caribbean and you will find in most hotels in Egypt that shrimps, lobster etc will be extra charge.

With regards to entertainment we have lots on offer at various different outlet in the hotel, yes some of the professional acts start early but most of our entertainment goes on until 11pm.

We are sorry that some aspects of your holiday didn't meet with your expectations but we do hope this won't stop you returning in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just returned from a week at Reef Oasis (27th April-4th may)... This was our second visit to the hotel in the last twelve months.
Again we could not fault the hotel, the rooms were kept absolutely spotless and we had some amazing towel art..
The staff in the bars and restaurants could not do enough for us, the service was second to none!!

The beach crew, who do a fantastic job day in day out under very extreme weather conditions and with very primitive equipment maintain the beach to a very high standard. We would like to give a special mention to Moubark who goes the extra mile and makes your daily visit to the beach pleasurable. Whilst away we witnessed Moubark rescue a woman who found herself in trouble in the sea, I believe he should receive special recognition for this.

We look forward to returning to the resort...

Mary & Paul Garside

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul G
AngieHolmes, Front Office Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Mary and Paul Garside,

Thank you very much for your review and for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your second visit with us and we hope you will join us soon for your 3rd visit. Mubarak does an excellent job for us and for sure his hard work and helpfulness is appreciated.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Hello and thank you to all the staff.Everyone of you went out of the way to be hepful,the care
we were shown at this hotel was above and beyond the norm,we had 2 weeks of pampering
The relax pool was our fav such a pleasant place to spend our days.Big thank you to Angie
for our room by the relax pool. We will be returning in the near future

Room Tip: room 4105 great spot nice and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mummy2sthelens
AngieHolmes, Front Office Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review and for letting us know that you had a nice relaxing holiday. We do hope you will return and visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is my second review and I assume like many of Trip Advisor readers you glean information from several reviews combining both the good and the bad before reaching a decision. This is because everyone is different, were all individuals with different tastes as the saying goes “one man’s meat is another man’s poison”. So I will give you an unbiased review based on my own experience here.

The swimming pools and grounds are meticulously maintained by hardworking staff that are very friendly and like to laugh and joke with you, which seems to me, is the Egyptian way which I recollect mentioning in my previous review.

You can work off the extra calories gained at breakfast by walking or jogging along the jogging circuit several times to suit your needs.

Just like my first review I am going to deviate from the normal standard review format by using a poem or ode, this maybe meaningless to other readers apart from the guests we met whilst staying there. Perhaps it might be meaningless to them also, who knows? Remember you always bring back fond memories of your holidays and I hope this will jog one or two from some of the nice people we met, here goes.

A Sample of Life at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
In Egypt there’s never any rain, well apart from just one unfortunate day
But at least we never got flooded and swept out into El Basha Bay
By late afternoon like magic the sun did appear and blue sky reigned
Strangely it felt good as the sun seared my skin yet once again
If you have any problems don’t go around with a permanent frown
Contact Angie Holmes who will then turn your holiday completely around
Then you can start your holiday afresh and anew
Doing the things that you really want to do
While speaking to a man I just met I wiped imaginary tears from my eyes
But he was a Man Utd fan and he cried out “I like seeing Liverpool fans cry”
This I am afraid was after the match Liverpool nil Chelsea two
Feeling down and forlorn but what can you do
For this title deciding match had just disastrously ended Liverpool nil Chelsea two
But let’s be honest and true
He would have given his right arm for United to be in the title race too
Instead of languishing mid table and feeling ever so blue
His tongue maybe barbed but his demeanour was fine
It was just that he was in the depths of despair at United’s decline
His anger erupting on reflection made me smile and feel much better you see
It proved he was hurting far more than me falling from their perch at the top of the tree
Put it down to good natured jibes you get everyday
Giving him the benefit of doubt nothing containing malice in any way
Down at the Relax Pool the time just drifts along
The silence is only broken by a lone birdsong
If you have come away to chill out and relax every day
Get yourself down to the Relax Pool and let your worries just slip away
Mohamed brings me a Gin & Tonic my first drink of the day
There is a mummer of disquiet as people look my way
Is this disproval I see because of my early morning drink?
But then these guests mellow upon reflection after having more time to think
After all peoples lifestyles change when they come on holiday this is a fact
They come away to forget their worries unwind and relax
Leave behind their life’s sorrow and stress
For here it’s a new day tomorrow which you can start afresh
The days go by here quiet and serene
It’s just like living in a surreal dream
Tales of Russian misdemeanours abound around the pool
No time for etiquette and manners seems to be their golden rule
Its afternoon at the Relax Pool for Mamoud it’s the best time of the day
For he is the rainmaker and he must have his wicked way
With cold water loaded spray gun in hand and a wicked smile
He sprays the unsuspecting guests with ice cold water for a while
Some guests say that it is superb and ultra cool
Others squeal jump up and chase after him for revenge for making them look like a fool
Chasing him around the pool again and again they do go
Why waste the time and effort only they know
No match for his youthful agility and wit
They eventually see sense and finally quit
Back to their beds they go to sleep for a while
Forgetting what has happened in the near past they wake up with a smile
Mamoud the happy pool guy walks by
Yet again with a smile and twinkle in his eye
He looks after the Relax Pool
Making sure the younger guests observe the adults only rule
After our lunch on the seventh day
We found a young Russian couple lying on our sun beds much to our dismay
The cheek of the young girl said we’ll keep the beds you can take your pillows away
But Mamoud came to the rescue and saved the day
He informed that they are on our sun beds and they must go away
It was good that he intervened in this particular way
My wife’s face was full of pure anger and the Russian Princess got to live another day
The staff are warm and friendly always wearing a smile
If you ask them for something they will go the extra mile
At The Pub you can keep up with your favourite sport
A handy amenity to have at a holiday resort
If you want to be a bit more active everyday
Use the three water slides to throw your inhibitions away
A holiday is not only about the resort itself it’s also about the people you meet
Well here in the Blue Bay you’re in for a treat
A good mixed cross section of guests are here at your door
So smile and say hello and get to know them a little bit more
Laying in the sunshine by the pool oh so serene
The staff are always very friendly and ever so keen
To give you the best holiday you have ever seen
Me I’m oblivious to all these things it seems
After all for me it’s only a Gin and Tonic fuelled dream
These are all just memories some good and some bad
After all they imitate life and the history we’ve had
My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Blue Bay
So we will be coming back again for another holiday maybe next May
I’m not going to tell you it’s a perfect holiday
But actually it’s the nearest thing you’ll get for the money you pay
Well I hope I have given you some food for thought
About taking a holiday at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Philthefluter_12

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your 5 star rating and your truly unique review it certainly brightened our day.

We do hope to see you again soon and look forward to more of your poems and rhymes.

Best wishes from us all,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have been to Egypt 15 times and stayed at this hotel 10 times. It is my favourite hotel. Staff really friendly. You feel like you are at home. You must visit the spa - best massages ever. Tip the staff with paper money e.g. US$, not coins as they can't change these at the bank.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank AngW156

Dear Guest,

It's great to know that after 10 visits the ROBB is your favourite hotel. We hope that you will return to your second home for your 11th visit very soon. Thank you very much for your review.

Best wishes from us all,