We've just returned to the UK after two weeks at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay resort where we had an absolutely fantastic holiday - there are so many good things to say about this hotel (and I will cover these off later) but the real star of this hotel is the staff, they simply can't do enough for you and really do go the extra mile. They're all so good but a special mention must go out to Ahmed in the Fishermans who looked after us so well at breakfast and on the occasions we ate in the restaurant in the evening, to Ali & Ahmed who looked after us by the adult relax pool when serving us drinks and looking after us on the sun beds and to Reda in the Al Dente restaurant for looking after us and arranging my partners birthday celebrations.
In terms of other things:
We upgraded to a deluxe room (4215) - it was worth it for the location by the adult pool, access to the Fishermans for breakfast (where you get freshly squeezed orange juice by the glass and smoked salmon to name but a few) and you even get a free bag of laundry done for you to save worrying when you get home (all ironed and pressed for you)
I know many people have said the food here is not great and they are entitled to their opinion but honestly the food was superb - the quality and selection in the main buffet restaurant is fantastic, the local delights served in Kebagi are wonderful and then you get the fresh seafood in the Fishermans and the fabulous menu in the Al Dente Italian - my personal favourite (within the all inclusive) was Al Dente but my partner preferred the Fishermans. You will find that not all food on the menu in both of these restaurants is all inclusive but you don't need to spend any additional money unless you want to as there is plenty to choose from on the menu.
There is also the French Restaurant (Le Romantique) that is not included in the AI but if you're celebrating something special or you want more of a fine dining experience I would recommend it - the food is excellent
There is so much choice here you'll never get bored or thirsty as there are bars everywhere - you even have access to food and drink 24 hours a day at the Caribbean bar!
The Adult relax pool
There are a number of pools to choose from but our favourite was the Adult relax pool, the atmosphere here is superb and the service is amazing - your towel and sunbed pillows will be taken to your bed and laid out for you, you'll get sprayed with cold water and given cold towels to cool you down during the day & they'll even clean your sunglasses for you - all of this of course is rounded off by drinks being bought to your sun bed all day!
We can't speak highly enough about this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to return again in the future (I haven't said this about many hotels before)
Thanks again for a great stay
Just a couple of other points to note - if you're susceptible to mosquito bites make sure you take some form of anti bite spray and cream (you can also ask for a plug in for your room) as they are about in abundance.
Secondly, if you're diving in Sharm - whilst there is a dive site at the hotel I personally recommend using the ocean college dive centre as they are fantastic (see seperate review)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa is one of the most beautiful resorts of Sharm El Sheikh with the magnificent views of the Sinai Mountains hidden amongst the colorful shades of the desert. The Hotel is overlooking the famous Red Sea with clear crystal blue waters and beautiful corals with the most amazing colored tropical fish. Our highly experienced trained staff and Management Team are available 24 hrs with extended knowledge of the resort and qualified to provide our Guests with the most professional and exceptional service. Our Priority is you at all times during the day and night to help make the most of an excellent and enjoyable holiday. We have a wide range of facilities including a 24hr bar serving drinks and snacks, a beautiful Panorama Terrace to capture the most amazing sunset views for those perfect kodak moments to save a lifetime of memories. We have many Swimming pools to meet everyone's tastes, have fun in the sun with the family's at the leisure pool or relax reading a book chilling by our adults pool at the Relax we have it for all ages. Teens hangout room including play stations, games machines, air hockey and billiards or join in the activities with the Animation Team. Treat your self with one of our Royal Tents with complete privacy, waiter service, direct access to the sea for relax time including drinks, fruit for a small additional charge or lounge on your sun bed at the beach at your leisure with 350 m of sand and try our snorkeling from the jetty to spot little Nemo with a trained instructor the choice is yours. If you would like to make your stay extra special we have many other room types to upgrade, our Honeymoon Suite being the most popular choice and highest category. This option is by far the best choice and we can guarantee you won't be disappointed, pure luxury with direct sea view, the moon the stars the sunset all in one. Your very on private double jacuzzi, separate living room, walk in wardrobe, marble bathroom, DVD player with surround sound and wifi with many other benefits included. All for a small supplement. Easy access to the other resort areas to visit during your stay by taxi or shuttle you will be anywhere in a short time to grab your bargains shop till you drop or chill in one of the famous shisha cafes we can direct you. Upload your memorable photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram whilst enjoying your holiday with our new extended wifi or Skype your friends at home to show them the wonderful Hotel your staying in now available in various areas of the Hotel free of charge. If you fell active during your stay why not try a discover scuba dive or complete your padi and become a certified diver with our very own dive centre on the beach or get active in our amazing gym and learn all the exercises with a trained and qualified fitness instructor ,. If you prefer to pamper your self relax in our steam room or sauna free of charge. Don't forget to reserve your Ala Carte Restaurants with our Guest Relation Team who are available in the lobby to make your dining experience the most enjoyable one, sample our tasty delicious 4. Course meal with complete tranquility in our La Romantique Restaurant special offers apply. We are truly confident by choosing the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa you will not be disappointed. If you have any further questions or queries we would love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming our Guests soon. Management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Oasis Blue Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Reef Oasis Blue Bay