“Wonderful place”

Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
Ranked #76 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Returned from our 6th visit in early June and as usual, wish I was back already. This time our friends came based on our recommendation, as did my sister and they too loved it.

The staff in particular Sameh at the leisure pool are simply the best I have encountered. The food was more than adequate and the rooms, grounds and surrounds all kept brilliant.

I can't wait to come back and see those staff who we now consider as friends (Sameh, walid, Hany and mohammed)

Sean, lisa, Charlie, George and "mum"

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank Sean H
Shehab El Din M, General Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Sean, Lisa, Charlie, George and “Mum”,

Thank you for taking the time to write up your review on this forum and, of course, for choosing the ROBB again and again and I'm so pleased that you and your friends all had a wonderful holiday. It’s so important to us to host our repeat guests as we know they have a choice and they choose to return.

Your kind words for the staff will be passed on and we join together to look forward to welcoming you all back in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel from 19th June to 3rd July and cannot recommend it enough. It was our first visit to Sharm El Sheikh and it is hard to believe that any other hotel can possibly be any better.

On our arrival there was a small mix up with our room. It had been agreed before our trip that we would be allocated a room above ground level, but this hadn’t been arranged. Within 30 minutes of informing reception, ourselves and luggage were moved to another room without any issue.

The hotel is quiet as a result of Germany, Italy, Spain and France cancelling all of their flights to Egypt leaving just British and Russian guests. This is extremely sad for the hotel and something that is out of their hands to do anything about. It is a plus for guests as there is never any problem booking a table in the restaurant or finding a sunbed around any of the pools no matter what time of day it is.

Staff
The staff at this hotel are all very professional, polite and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble for their guests. They truly are the backbone of what makes this hotel stand out above others. It would be unfair to single out any one individual from the wealth of staff that cover reception, housekeeping, waiting on, beauty therapists, bartenders, gardeners etc. Each one that we came into contact was keen to ensure that we received anything that we needed and that we were enjoying our time at the ROBB.

We were particularly concerned about a two week all inclusive holiday, when booking, where the only meals on offer were buffet style hence why we chose this hotel which has an Italian, Seafood, Egyptian and French restaurant along with the buffet restaurant which had nationality themed nights each day.

The breakfast is a buffet choice of basically anything that you want. The wide selection of freshly made breads are delicious. Poached eggs, omelettes and pancakes are made to order.

Lunch can be taken in the buffet style restaurant ‘Bay View’ where hot and cold meals are on offer or snacks are available at all of the pools ranging from pizzas, toasted paninis, ciabattas, burgers, hot dogs, chips.

We dined at the Italian three times, the Seafood restaurant twice and the Egyptian once. All three of these are part of the all inclusive package. One thing to mention is that if you are shown a wine list with prices on, it is not necessary to purchase from it. The house wine is absolutely fine – just ensure the white or rose is thoroughly chilled.

The French restaurant is not included in the all inclusive, but is well worth a visit – we went twice. It is a set price of 315 egyptian pounds per person (about £30) and includes wine. The French Onion Soup, Australian Beef Filet Steak followed by cheese and biscuits are highly recommended !

Spa
There is a very wide selection of spa treatments available for both men and women. They are of the same high standard of any experienced in England and about the same price. The therapists treat you with utmost professionalism and dignity and respect your relaxation time. There is also a gym, sauna and steam room available for use at any time during your stay.

Pools & Beach
There are a number of different pools depending on your likes and dislikes. There is an adults only where the sunloungers in the pool are just perfect. The leisure pool has a number of waterslides for those that want something more than to just swim/float. The infinity pool offers the most fantastic views of the sea and is where we tended to spend a lot of our time.

Beach towels are available at all the pools and on the beach so there is no need to pack them.

The attendants are constantly coming round offering to clean your sunglasses, spraying you with ice water (if required) and providing ice cold flannels to cool you down.

The hotel do not state that they offer a waiter service for drinks around the pool, but we found that a number of the staff take it upon their selves to do just this. We were constantly having our drinks replaced without being asked.

Tipping
It was clear that there was no expectation for a tip from any member of staff, but on numerous occasions we felt that the standard of service that we received deserved recognition, therefore, often did so.

Weather Temperature
The temperature reached 45 degrees in the shade whilst we were there. A number of guests felt that this was too hot and although would be returning to the hotel, would book for a different time of year. It may be worth considering this depending on whether you like the heat or not. All of the inside of the hotel is air conditioned, therefore, it is very easy to escape.

Not included in All Inclusive
Unless you upgrade to a deluxe room, you do not receive complimentary fresh fruit juice with breakfast in a morning. You can, however, purchase it for approx £2.50. Ice-creams are available to purchase ranging from £1.50 to £3.00. Neither of these were an issue to ourselves, but some guests were unhappy about this.

Summary
The cleanliness of the hotel is unquestionable and I would suggest that any upset stomachs (mentioned in some reviews) are down to the guests rather than the hotel’s fault. There are hand sanitisers available it’s just unfortunate not many guests seem to use them.

It is difficult to understand how anyone could complain about anything after visiting this hotel. I would suggest that you try it for yourself and make your own decision.

Room Tip: Would suggest higher floor rooms due to the mosquito spraying.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
20  Thank StockportLass_10
Shehab El Din M, General Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this model, well-organised review of your holiday. I am so pleased you had a “wonderful holiday” with us and we appreciate the lovely comments you have for our staff and our resort in general.

We are indeed in a time where several of our usual nationalities are prevented from coming to Egypt because of somewhat over-cautious decisions by their governments, but we are delighted to say that the British support has never faltered. However, even when we are at full occupancy, our restaurants can cope easily with the demand and there are always plenty of sunbeds available.

Here at the Blue Bay we do have quite a comprehensive all-inclusive concept – more so than many hotels in Sharm. But we have found that our guests do like to have options of having something that little bit more special from time to time and, as it has been said, you don’t have to choose the chargeable items as there is plenty of choice available on the all-inclusive.

So thanks again for choosing the Reef Oasis Blue Bay and for your vocal support and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived at the Robb on 03/07/2014. On sunday 6th july I reported to ang the custo er service manager that room 522o had some type of ants nest as they where nearfhe patio door and in the bed and room 5224 had two Blattaria known as cockroach. I spoke to one of the duty manabers advised I would be giving a bad review if the proplem is not sorted, tbe gentleman theyarrived with a lady called ang customer service manager for the hotel I advisec her also I would be givi g a neg review, her next comment was abrupt and damming if I dont write a bad review they woukd offer me a room upgrade, her next statement was cause I mentioned tnat they have an issuei I was threatened them with a bad review, I refused the room upgraded. On the princelable. I was then indirect called a lair. This was our third visit to the Robb and what a huge let down . I dont appreciate being called a lair from a manager representative from the blue bay management team this woman is extremely rude and no customer service skills, The staff are great and welcoming to all the guests, On the other hand the front office management customer service has a great deal to learn in this area. I look forward to your replying I do have pics on your request as I found you very rude and unprofessional in your area .

Room Tip: Complain ifyou have any faults
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
14  Thank AaronFrew

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. However, there are a few issues that I would like to clarify.

Having visited the Blue Bay on two previous occasions and booked to come on this third holiday I’m sure you had a high opinion of the hotel and its services. Therefore there really was no need to threaten us with a bad review “if the problem is not sorted”. Cockroaches exist in every country and we have a pest control department that deals with anything of this nature proactively. If we find that one has escaped the various traps and insecticides we lay down, we go into overdrive and eliminate the problem. Immediately. We don’t need to be threatened.

Angie is, in fact, our Front Office Manager and is an immensely experienced and highly valued member of staff who has my complete confidence. She would not have promised you an upgrade to earn your silence. You are free to write whatever you please on this forum (subject to Tripadvisor guidelines) and we will respond openly and honestly as always. Any alternative room that you were offered was just as a matter of courtesy should you have wished to leave this room for another. Furthermore, I am in absolutely no doubt whatsoever that this young lady would not have called you a liar – either directly or indirectly

I should point out that the person with whom you were sharing the room was completely unaware of the cockroach or the ants and implied that this may have occurred in another room entirely and not yours. Also, when we looked in the bin for the cockroach that you had told us you had put in there, nothing was found.

Your positive comments about our staff are very welcome

Reviewed 6 July 2014

From day 1 we were blown away to find the hotel was exactly as we had hoped, exceeding the pictures we had seen before arrival. Lovely hotel staff and a friendly welcome, the hotel itself was immaculate and the grounds in which it resided in were pristine and well cared for daily. Disappointed to find that trousers were compulsory for dining at the al dente restaurants, as unstated by thomson anywhere online or in store. The buffet restaurant (only bay view open when not full capacity) did become tedious as a result of this. The food itself was to an ok standard, not the 5* we were expecting and was fairly difficult to make a decent meal given the selection of foods available but no complaints on cleanliness and service in the buffet. Staff in general, a few in particular, would accommodate your needs excellently and were very polite and friendly always. The hotel itself was amazing, our only downfall was falling ill on the 3rd night which remained until our final day of a 2 week stay. That being said, the cause of this remains unknown and is seemingly inevitable on 50% of travellers to the Middle East, which would make us reconsider returning in the future. But if we was too, we would happily return to reef oasis as our stay (apart from getting ill) was a pleasant and relaxing one on a stunning and immaculate resort and well worthy of the 5* it claims.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank CFuller94

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review and the wondeful comments you have for the hotel, the grounds and the staff.

It seems that your Tour Operator had not made you aware of our dress code for dinner and that appears to have been a major let down for you. We could have provided you with a pair of trousers for the evening as we do have some which we keep (always laundered after every wearing) specifically for this purpose. I’m sorry that you felt you had to stay at the buffet restaurant every night and not enjoy the service, benefits and cuisine of the à la carte restaurants.

I’m sorry you fell ill with tummy upsets. I do hope you consulted the doctor or at least the pharmacisit who who has the knowledge and experience to diagnose the problem and administer the appropriate course of treatment. You could have been as right as rain in just a day or so instead of having it linger for the duration of your holiday.

It is comforting to know that you would happily return to the Blue Bay if you came back to Sharm and please know that we are always here to welcome you and assist you in any way we can.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in Egypt, and based on the Blue bay reef oasis it won't be out last.
When reading the poor reviews here it almost feels like we stayed at a different hotel, or that some people expect the impossible!
The service was amazing, and the staff could not do enough for you. The hotel has a great choice of pools and food and the resort itself is kept impeccable. Yes, you had a choice of paying a little extra if you want a little more, but you don't HAVE to.

To top it off far reef is right on their beach door step, making snorkelling and diving fantastic.

We've been back home a couple of weeks now, and I can honestly say I'm obsessed with going back.

• Stayed: June 2014
12  Thank Hellz79

Dear Hellz,

Thank you so much for the enormous vote of confidence and the wonderful comments. Whilst we obviously welcome your 5* review we do read and respond to all the reviews, as this is one of the ways we receive feedback and is so valuable as it helps us improve our products and services. However, we would much rather hear it in-house at the time so that we can resolve it there and then, so please do not hesitate to go to Guest Relations with any little niggles you may have.

It has been a delight having you with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Last year in my review, I mentioned that I had never before booked the same hotel twice, but the Reef Oasis Blue Bay changed that. After last year's fantastic holiday, my son and I had no hesitation in booking another two week break at this wonderful hotel for a second time. Naturally we were hoping to have as great a holiday as we had last year, but we were wrong, it was even better. When we arrived this year, the staff recognised us from our previous visit and welcomed us back with open arms which made us feel almost like part of the family.
The reception staff were terrific, the same as last year. The time it took from the moment our coach arrived at the hotel, to checking in and then being transported to our rooms with our luggage was no more than 15 minutes.
I am ( dare I say it ) a sprightly 66 year old and my son is 27, but even with the difference in ages, this hotel caters for everyone's interests and tastes, so both of us once again had a fabulous time.
The choice of restaurants means that there is always something different to whet your appetite every day and the quality of the food is excellent. This year even surpassed last year with the appointment of a new head chef who has added themed nights in the main restaurant, so one evening you could be sampling Eastern European cuisine, the next Mexican, then Egyptian and many more. It is also the first hotel I have visited where the head chef actually circulates with the guests during the day asking for your opinions as well as outlining his own ideas, and he is also very entertaining with a great sense of humour.
The choice of pools suits everyone as well. You have the leisure pool with various slides which is great for families, the relax pool which is adults only so peace and tranquility is guaranteed, and then there is my personal favourite, the infinity pool. What can be more breathtaking and satisfying than lying on your sunbed with the pool attendant providing you with iced flannels, the waiter keeping you continually supplied with cold refreshing drinks, and spread out in front of you the magnificent views of the Red Sea.
Apart from the pools you also have the choice of using the private beach which has the same benefits of service as the pools. Jutting out from the beach is a floating jetty which floats over beautiful corals. The end of the jetty is ideal for snorkelling in the clear waters of the red sea which my son and I did on several occasions this year and the variety of beautiful fish swimming in front of you is amazing.
Our rooms were once again first class, extremely comfortable and cleaned to a high standard every day and as an added treat there was a different towel sculpture on my bed every day.
If you are into keeping fit, the gym is an excellent facility not only because of the first class modern equipment, but also as you are exercising the view is not of a brick wall but of the Red Sea. However if you are not into exercising then the spa next to the gym is the ideal place for those who just want to be pampered.
Relaxing outside can be an experience as well in the Jacuzzi which is set on the cliff top. overlooking the sea.
The bar areas on the upper terrace are great as well. You can use the Sports bar which is self explanatory, the open air terrace bars, or the Caribbean bar which is great if you are someone who likes to relax into the early hours, and of course if you are feeling peckish at any time the bar staff will provide you with tasty snacks. Talking of the bar staff, what a fantastic bunch they are, always smiling, providing a great service and they really make an effort to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible.
The hotel also added a couple of nice touches this year, with some relaxing live background music in the restaurants and upper terrace and also a large projection screen has been added to the outside upper terrace bar behind the Caribbean bar which shows films a couple of nights a week as well as showing top sporting events when available.
I thought we were doing well returning for a second time and looking forward to booking again, but on talking to other guests I discovered that several had visited this wonderful hotel on many occasions and in fact for one nice couple it was their twelfth visit, a great recommendation if ever there was one.
There are many people who work at this hotel, and obviously we did not get to meet them all, but they all deserve special praise. I would however like to give special mention to some of the great people who we met on a regular basis who once again made our holiday so special, and they are Angie, Sam, Yara, Jamaica, Ahmed Alaa, Marwan, Michelle, Ishmael, Scottish Mohamed, Ahmed ( Bay View ), Islam. If I've missed anyone I apologise you were all marvellous.
Personally I can't wait until our next visit to see all the lovely people at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Bruce G

Dear Bruce,

It is wonderful to know that a “sprightly 66 year old” has had a change of heart and booked the same hotel for a second and now a third time. Praise indeed!

Your review is a delight for us to read, informative and interesting, and I am most grateful to you for taking the time to write it and present it to the readers on this forum as it serves as a glittering endorsement of our hotel.

The pressure is on us now to ensure that your third holiday will be even better than your first two. We accept the challenge and look forward to welcoming you back to the Reef Oasis Blue Bay soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We've just returned to the UK after two weeks at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay resort where we had an absolutely fantastic holiday - there are so many good things to say about this hotel (and I will cover these off later) but the real star of this hotel is the staff, they simply can't do enough for you and really do go the extra mile. They're all so good but a special mention must go out to Ahmed in the Fishermans who looked after us so well at breakfast and on the occasions we ate in the restaurant in the evening, to Ali & Ahmed who looked after us by the adult relax pool when serving us drinks and looking after us on the sun beds and to Reda in the Al Dente restaurant for looking after us and arranging my partners birthday celebrations.

In terms of other things:

The rooms

We upgraded to a deluxe room (4215) - it was worth it for the location by the adult pool, access to the Fishermans for breakfast (where you get freshly squeezed orange juice by the glass and smoked salmon to name but a few) and you even get a free bag of laundry done for you to save worrying when you get home (all ironed and pressed for you)

The food

I know many people have said the food here is not great and they are entitled to their opinion but honestly the food was superb - the quality and selection in the main buffet restaurant is fantastic, the local delights served in Kebagi are wonderful and then you get the fresh seafood in the Fishermans and the fabulous menu in the Al Dente Italian - my personal favourite (within the all inclusive) was Al Dente but my partner preferred the Fishermans. You will find that not all food on the menu in both of these restaurants is all inclusive but you don't need to spend any additional money unless you want to as there is plenty to choose from on the menu.

There is also the French Restaurant (Le Romantique) that is not included in the AI but if you're celebrating something special or you want more of a fine dining experience I would recommend it - the food is excellent

The bars

There is so much choice here you'll never get bored or thirsty as there are bars everywhere - you even have access to food and drink 24 hours a day at the Caribbean bar!

The Adult relax pool

There are a number of pools to choose from but our favourite was the Adult relax pool, the atmosphere here is superb and the service is amazing - your towel and sunbed pillows will be taken to your bed and laid out for you, you'll get sprayed with cold water and given cold towels to cool you down during the day & they'll even clean your sunglasses for you - all of this of course is rounded off by drinks being bought to your sun bed all day!

We can't speak highly enough about this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to return again in the future (I haven't said this about many hotels before)

Thanks again for a great stay

Just a couple of other points to note - if you're susceptible to mosquito bites make sure you take some form of anti bite spray and cream (you can also ask for a plug in for your room) as they are about in abundance.

Secondly, if you're diving in Sharm - whilst there is a dive site at the hotel I personally recommend using the ocean college dive centre as they are fantastic (see seperate review)

Room Tip: As mentioned in my review earlier upgrading to a deluxe room is worth it - we stayed in room 4215 ri...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Allan F
Shehab El Din M, General Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Allen,

Thank you so much for this detailed and comprehensive review of your stay and may we take this opportunity to extend our slightly belated birthday wishes to your partner.

We are delighted to read so many positive comments about those staff you have mentioned and they clearly had a huge impact on the quality of your holiday. I should also point out that they are supported by an excellent team behind the scenes who work tirelessly to make everything look so easy. Thank you for recognising them - they will be so pleased to know that you remembered their names and mentioned them.

Finally it is so reassuring that you “wouldn’t hesitate to return” and this sends such a strong message out to any reader who may be as yet undecided. Hopefully, this review will help.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another “absolutely fantastic” holiday.