“A Lovely Holiday”

Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
Ranked #42 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“A Lovely Holiday”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

At every level the staff are so genuinely friendly, so efficient and just couldn't help enough. Note to the management your Staff do you proud. I cannot praise their attentiveness enough, cool flannels, sunglasses cleaned, drinks brought round regularly, thank you goes especially to Sobby who looked after us like we were family.
Without a doubt I would return, great location, close to airport, short journey to Naama bay, very clean, welcoming, great food, perfect weather and what more would you need or want.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close too the main reception block as that is close to the restaurants and sea fro...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Sean D
Shehab El Din M, General Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Sean,

We are indeed very proud of our staff as many of our guests say that the staff are one of the main reasons that they return year after year. Apart from the location, that is. And the food.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your holiday and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

email: bluebay.gm@reefoasis.com.eg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,189)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Have now returned home and wanted to add a further honest review.
Firstly compare the cost of this hotel to other destinations - you won't find another better value for money.. It's worth every penny.
Rooms:
We had 1 deluxe room -4216 and 1 standard 5203. The delux room is worth the extra - breakfast in the Fishermans, 1 wash bag same day laundered
and pressed and late check out all included, plus wonderful size room, steps away from the Relax Pool! 5203 was fine for the boys and a 5 minute walk from me so no problems with distance. My cleaner Aym left me beautiful towel art that I would look forward to seeing and would always have a smile and ask if everything was ok.. I told him I liked white fluffy towels and everyday that's what I got...
Choose a room to where you want to be close to - we loved the relax pool as adult only which they enforce, there is the leisure pool with slides or the infinity pool near to the restaurants.
We cannot fault the staff - they really do make a good holiday into a fantastic one! I didn't want to name just a few as all that we encountered were amazing, but there are a few that for us stood out - from Sam customer relations who was wonderful
before we even arrived, angi Front of House- so professional, the Thomson guys who are helpful and don't try and push anything on to you.
Relax pool:
Mo was amazing keeping us hydrated. Ali ready with the towels, spray of iced water or cleaning glasses.
Restaurants:
Bayview - Ayman couldn't do enough. We ate outside a couple of evenings and always requested his area.. Breakfast was plentiful though personally I would have liked to see more musli, dried nuts/fruit and maybe fruit juices free at breakfast. The pastries are to die for... Lunch again if I were to ask for anyhing it was to have more plain salad ingredients and the cheeses/ meats they put out for breakfast plus tuna etc to make up nicer salads - but this is personal choice and were happy eating little rolls at the Relax pool..
Italian- ate here on numerous occasions - again service faultless thanks to Ali, drinks flowing, could never tire of the different dishes...
Fishermans- fish was outstanding so fresh, mountain of calamari with the best batter you can imagine all freshly cooked to order..
Kabbashi - Zac - brilliant. Food OUTSTANDING.. The breads and dips to start with have resulted in an expanding waistline!
The best thing and something why I don't understand how anyone can complain about the food is usually your stuck in an AI with 1 canteen style restaurant where ROBB give you the option... I think it's great that they offer other choices that can be paid for if you so wish - this is NEVER forced on you - it's just available should you wish something a bit special - no-one can surely think they would have Lobster as part of AI at price paid surely? As all AI hotels it's local beer / wine spirits - again silly to think your going to get champagne or intl spirits - if you do want this then your looking in the wrong price bracket for your holiday!
Entertainment - was typical of most hotels - but this didn't bother us as we were happy to have a nice meal and chat whilst chilling out.. We don't want a Butlins style thank you... Maybe the area between the bar/ Caribbean bar can we brightened up with candles and some chilled background music to create a nice atmosphere?
Precautions - may sound over the top but dettol aerosol spray and spray everything when you arrive in your room "just in case" antibacterial wipes and Defo antibacterial gel - used this continuously especially when handling money - the restaurants do have this also, but worth having your own. I Bought from Holland&Barret to help make my gut strong something called acidophilus I have the ones with 3 billion active cultures!!! Take the week
before and whilst you are there.
We had NO problems with our tummies - though I think it's more to do with the heat and alcohol than anything eaten..
If you have any issues at all speak to the staff and I truely believe treat as you wish to be treated...
Lastly you don't have to and it's not expected but I did tip the guys each day as I felt tegu truely went above and beyond and I've NEVER had the inclination to do that at an AI before!
I could say so much more but will stop there - happy to answer any questions honestly..

• Stayed July 2014
17 Thank lisasmiles
Dear Lisa,

Your comprehensive review is very welcome and thank you so much for all the lovely comments. The only thing you don’t mention is whether you’ll be coming back to see us again. However, it seems that you had such a fantastic holiday that this is very likely.

We look forward to it.

Arbroath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed 18 June - 25 June. This was my second visit having stayed last summer for,2 weeks with my husband and son.

We stayed in a superior twin room overlooking the adult relax pool. The room was spacious, clean, plenty storage and a large bathroom with a walk in shower. Housekeeping did a great job, with our room looking like new when we returned at the end of the day. We were also left some brilliant towel art. My daughter returned the favour one day and made some pyramids from some dollars just for fun but also to show our appreciation.

We only had one day at the infinity pool this time. The rest of our week was spent at the relax pool. Cold towels were a plus this year. We were also offered to have our sunglasses cleaned. I'm sorry, I can't remember the name of the waiter that served us but he replenished our drinks without us having to go to the bar and even brought us a drink without asking just before he went off for his lunch break. He also brought some mint tea for my daughter when she was under the weather. Thank you for this.

We had breakfast in the main restaurant (Bay View). This was lovely. There is a fantastic selection of cooked food, eggs (done any way possible), pastries and breads. Evening meals were spent at the Italian (ate here twice, fantastic), once at the Kabagi (again, amazing) and the other nights at the Bayview.

Entertainment was different from last year. Last year there was an entertainment team that seemed to be on the go all the time with a nightly show in the arena. This year the entertainment was dotted around the complex. There were movie nights, football on a big screen (World Cup), karaoke and shows in the Arena.

We had one afternoon at the beach so we could go snorkelling which was great.

We only had a couple of nights in the pub, hi to Jamsie! One week is just not long enough.

The reception staff and Thomson reps were helpful. Also a big thank you for the afternoon treats delivered to our room. Much appreciated.

After all the positives there are a couple of negatives. There was a whiff of sewerage in our room at a couple of times during the week and all inclusive should mean what it says.

A big thanks to all the staff who work so hard and aim to please. We had a great time.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the relax pool or near reception.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Sands_1111
Shehab El Din M, General Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review and I’m so pleased that having been here with your husband and son you decided to share it with your daughter but only for one week this time and it seems that you felt that this was not enough.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the food at the various restaurants – we do have a lot of choice and a lot of good quality, interesting meals. Often our guests find their personal favourites and frequent that restaurant but it looks like you enjoyed them all.

I do hope you reported the smell in your room to Guest Relations as they would have sent Engineering immediately to address the problem. Even with the best of intentions, things do go wrong in any establishment and we are fully aware that we are judged on how quickly we respond to this kind of issue and resolve it. I hope it was dealt with quickly.

You mention that all-inclusive should mean what it says. If we were to offer lobster and champagne (for example) on the all-inclusive we would have to put the prices up quite dramatically. Instead of this, we can provide a superb service to our valued guests and offer them (without pushing) a few little extras to brighten up their day IF they want them. But all our guests can enjoy a wonderful holiday without adding any extras to their bill.

Thank you for choosing the Blue Bay again and we hope to see you all back here soon.

email:bluebay.gm@reefoasis.com.eg
Ely, England
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a wonderful two week break here in May. It is difficult to offer information which has not been covered many times in other reviews but it would be remiss of me to not reiterate that the staff, without exception, are friendly, courteous and so very keen to ensure all is well. It would also be appropriate to mention that this is evident even with the very challenging behaviour of some guests who seemed to think that being on holiday was reason to make impolite demands and waste more food at a meal than would feed a family for a day.

My partner used the dive centre extensively and said it was very well run. I spent my days at the adult relax pool being pampered in the style mentioned in many reviews. The management team are very visible at this hotel and keen to seek feedback. I am certain that any issue or concern raised by any guest would be given their full attention to improve or resolve it.

Due to low occupancy we were able to make frequent use of the bookable restaurants and enjoyed them all. It was my partner's birthday whilst we were there and we booked the French restaurant and a lovely cake was provided free of charge. Raymond, the new executive chef, and a man with many amusing accounts of his experiences around the world, was very keen to drive improvements and was frequently seen in all the restaurants. I am confident that if a guest made a request due to diet or taste, Raymond and his team would accommodate it.

Angie Holmes, the Front Office Manager, is a wonderful asset to the hotel. She very patiently answered the questions i had before arrival and was keen to ensure everything was to our satisfaction when we were there. Thanks very much Angie!

We had a junior suite which was excellent and worth the extra fee in our opinion. The one improvement i would like to see is the methodology for obtaining soft drinks. Whilst it was nice to go to the shop and choose which ones you wanted, it did mean you had to remember to get a ticket in reception. I think it would be better for a ticket per day to be in the welcome folder so you don't have to remember to collect a voucher. We had a room near the leisure pool so were near the shop but it is quite a distance from the far end of the resort, especially if you have forgotten to get a ticket!

I am pleased that the Wi-Fi is being extended across the resort.

I would hope to return again soon and we do not usually go to the same hotel twice. My partner is keen to do some diving soon and is looking to book for September with our neighbour. I am quite jealous that i do not have enough annual leave left to join them!

Thanks to everyone at ROBB for looking after us so well.

Tracey

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Jakattack
Dear Tracey,

Even though you may have read many positive accounts of holidays enjoyed here on this forum, your account is very welcome as it sends such a strong message to the readers and it also acts as a wonderful boost to the staff when we report back to them that our guests are so positive about their experiences here.

Thank you for your suggestions too. We’ll look into the issue you raise about the tickets.

We will look after your partner when he returns in September but we do urge you to double check your holiday allowance and see if you can join him for another “really enjoyable holiday”.

Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have now returned home and wanted to add a further honest review.
Rooms:
Relax pool:
Restaurants:
before and whilst you are there.

• Stayed July 2014
9 Thank lisasmiles
Dear Lisa,

You make so many valuable points in your review and give a lot of advice to the infrequent traveller that it would appear that you are very much a frequent traveller. And thank you so much for your supportive comments, they are appreciated by all.

Of course it is delightful to read your review and know that you enjoyed your holiday so much. Thank you for thinking of us and for choosing the Blue Bay for your holiday. We sincerely hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Jarrow tyne and wear
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel 3 times now, can't not fault it, clean tidy rooms, lots of choice for meals, staff the best Iv met in all the different places Iv stayed round the world, nice relaxing feel to the place, the last thing I want to do after a day of activities or relaxing by the pool/beech is get dolled up the the nines heels and a face full of make up on holiday is a no no, this place is fine for just casual but smart evening wear don't get me wrong i don't walk around like a tramp I just feel like I don't have to go over the top, I love this hotel and sharm very much and can't recomend it enough, stayed in the sensatori the first time we visited Egypt, ROBB is head and shoulders above it!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rachael S
Dear Rachael,

What a lovely review and thank you for the vote of confidence. We do have a dress code which maintains the standards but as you say, you don’t have to get too dolled up for a smart casual evening in a hot climate.

I’m so pleased you had a wonderful time and it’s been great having you here and hopefully we’ll be seeing you again soon.

Hereford
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 fabulous weeks at ROBB. Food was excellent, service was super excellent from genuinely friendly staff!!!! The royal tents on the beach were so fantastic & relaxing we booked twice! If you have any problems/questions speak to hotel staff rather than holiday company reps they will do their utmost to sort anything out for you. Will definitely be returning - sadly not this year :(

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sue M
Dear Sue,

That is excellent advice regarding talking to the staff here about any problems. Normally, we don’t have any problems but if there is anything you want or need it’s easy to ask at the Front Office or Guest Relations and they can usually sort out any issues immediately, allowing you to get on with the serious business of enjoying your holidays.

Thank you for the “amazing” review and we will be here, waiting to welcome you back next year.