“Lovely relaxing holiday”

Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
Ranked #75 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 18 October 2009

We stayed here for a week at the start of October and really enjoyed it. It is our third
consecutive trip to Sharm and this was definately the best hotel we have stayed in. (The other two being Hilton Sharks Bay and Reef Oasis Beach). On arrival we were allocated a deluxe room near the leisure pool which we refused as we are a couple on our own and did not want to be bothered with loads of children. We were then given a room close to the relax pool which was perfect. The room was beautiful, very spacious everything you needed and extremely clean. With the deluxe room you can take breakfast in the Fishermans restaurant which was very good. Great choices and the fresh orange juice is all inclusive in this restaurant. We ate in all the restaurants and had no problems in any of them. The food was excellent throughout with lots of choice. The sea view restaurant is lovely for lunch.

The resort bus was well used when getting to and from the beach having to carry the snorkel gear. Snorkelling was excellent along the reef and we saw many fishes here we have not seen on other reefs in Sharm. Access is good from the pontoon.

The staff were all very helpful and polite and we did not feel under any pressure to tip although we did tip the room boy and in some restaurants. The tips in the restaurants are all put in a box and shared between all the staff which is very fair.

We spent time in both the relax pool and the infinity pool both of which were lovely. Beautifully clean and plenty of sunbeds even though people did put towels on them and never used them all day!! Great views from the infinity pool across the bay and lovely sunsets.

The reception staff were very helpful, we managed to forget our travel adaptor and they lent us one without any hassles or deposits being required. They also arranged a late checkout for us on our last day until 5.30pm. This is also included in the deluxe room subject to availability.

The shopping area was very pleasant to walk round with good banter with the staff. Be prepared to haggle without being insulting. The prices are higher than in Namma bay but if you don't buy from them they can't survive there.

We went into Naama Bay on one night and had a meal at the rooftop Camel Bar - very good but it is advisable to book in advance. There was a noticeable difference in the attitude of the shopkeepers this year with less hassle from them and quite a polite nature from them as opposed to previous years where we have been dragged into shops and forced to buy.

One last word on the hotel gardens. The staff work incredibly hard to keep them looking great and they were beautiful all around the resort.

Overall a great October holiday in the sun.

6  Thank TheMaltatAston

Reviewed 17 October 2009

My hubby and I stayed at the Reef Oasis for 2 weeks in September, and wouldn't hesitate to go back in future.
The resort is beautiful, and absolutely spotless, wherever you go you there will be someone cleaning/gardening (we saw the reception steps being cleaned at 4 in the morning) and all of the staff are really friendly. I have to mention Maher in the pub who always brought over our 'usual' before we even had a chance to ask for it, and Ahmed in the main restaurant - lovely bloke! The grounds are huge, and everything is concentrated round the reception. Our room was a 5 minute walk from there, but sometimes we found the free 'tuf-tuf' bus that goes round the resort an easier option in the heat!
The food was beatiful with plenty of choice at the main evening buffet, and we also ate at the Italian and Kebabgi grill. Other reviews have mentioned the additional charges for some items at the Italian, but there is more than enough to choose from without having to pay anything. Snacks were available during the day at the pool bars, and 24 hours at the pub and Caribbean bar, so you will never go hungry! We were also happy with the all-inclusive drinks. The cocktails could be a bit weak, but the rose wine was like knockout juice! During the day we mainly stuck to water and soft drinks from the pool/beach bars, and the fridge in our room, refilled every day.
My hubby is a big fan of snorkelling, and spent a couple of hours a day in the water, which he absolutely loved. There were so many different types of fish, and the water is so clear you can see so much just sitting on the jetty looking in. One evening a giant eel swam directly below the jetty, and there were a few lion fish around too.
We booked a few excursions through Thomson - Cairo and Luxor by air, and the quad biking in the desert. The Cairo & Luxor internal flights were a strange experience(!), and they were long days, but I would definitely recommend them. Our guide in Luxor (Saafa) was excellent, even though we were all flagging in the 45 degree heat! The quad biking was also brilliant fun - just prepare to come back hot, sweaty and covered in sand!
We only had a couple of little niggles. The first was our room - we had booked a standard room, but the one we got seemed quite small with only 1 tiny wardrobe that just fitted my clothes in. As there was no other storage hubby had to leave all his clothes piled on a shelf! When we mentioned this at reception we were told 'some standard rooms are smaller than others', and as the hotel was full we were unable to move, so beware room 5214, not that you spend a lot of time in your room anyway!
Secondly, it was practically impossible to get a decent sunbed around the pool (the relax pool in particular) or beach unless you got there early. One morning we got to the relax pool by 7, and while there were about 3 people there, nearly all the beds were taken!
Overall though, we really loved our stay, and wouldn't hesitate to go back again, although probably at a cooler time of year!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MerryMackem
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I have just returned from ROBB and can confirm this is a perfect place to stay if relaxing is what you want. We arrived around 21.00 and checked in quickly and efficiently, being taken by golf buggy to our room 4242. After unpacking we walked back and sat overlooking the sea outside The Pub ! Snacks were ordered and arrived quickly, just what you need after a long day travelling.
There are 3 major pools of which one is adult only which we used everyday but one when we went to the beach.There appeared to be plenty of sunbeds although the resort still has the "towel down" reservation system. Everything starts early and we were by the pool around 8.00 each day.The beach is small and ideal for scuba activities but not that good for general swimming, there is a beach bar which serves snacks and drinks all day though. The choice of food is amazing with the main restaurant serving buffet style with a theme each night, I cannot believe there is anyone who couldn`t find somthing to eat each night! There is also an outdoor grill restaurant which served great meats and salads, in addition there is also a fish and Italian restaurant which have to be booked in advance and from my own findings about 48 hours in advance. We did not try these as were more than happy with the others.We were slightly concerned by the queues that built up around 9 in the morning and 7.30 at night but they moved very quickly and I dont suppose we ever waited more than 5 mins,a tip here is ask to be seated inside as that queue moves much quicker.The bars were OK but could have been better with another member of staff,the only downside of the hotel was the quality of the drinks. The local beer is pretty poor and the spirits were also of a low standard.The wine certainly was no better, that said you dont go on holiday for the drink do you???
The cleanliness of the resort is amazing and there seems to be an army of workers just tasked with this.
We went with to the arrival meeting but never arranged any of the trips so cannot comment on these although we booked the submarine trip through the shop in the precinct which was worthwhile, be prepared for the picture on arrival and the dvd afterwards and the tip for the driver !!
The only other time we went out was by taxi to Naama Bay which was a just a load of hassling from locals trying to get you into their shops, unless you enjoy spending the night saying No Thank You I would stay at the hotel.
In summery I would recommend the resort as the perfect relaxation destination

5  Thank MartinYChichester
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Just returned from Reef oasis bluebay where we stayed for a week in September. Originally we had not booked this hotel due to the cost and had booked Jaz Mirabel Beach, wanting a top All Inclusive where we would not venture out of the resort but after reading several bad reviews decided to change to Reef Oasis and so glad we did. As i had been to Egypt several times before and having stayed at Sonesta Beach, Renassiance,Coral Beach Tiran and Sultan Beach Resort this hotel is by far the best. You could tell that the hotel was recently built, good fixtures and fittings, good standard of cleanliness and excellent rooms. We were upgraded free of charge when we arrived and overlooked the adult pool. The pool was peaceful and well maintained. Good quality of food, especially at breakfast but it does get a bit repetitive. The only negatives i would mention would be no free drinks at all are included in the fish restaurant (this inc water) and poor service in the spa following a complaint that we were charged for the hydromassage despite it not working we were then declined using the sauna and steam unless we booked and they wouldn't give us a towel(stating we had to bring one from the beach?!) Prior to complaining we had been using the sauna without appointment and been given a towel. Other than this all other staff were great, take no notice of the pricing list in the rooms of treatments in the spa these are now all out of date, the prices are now more and the massage time less which i thought was a bit of a cheek. Despite the hotel being full it still appeared to be quiet, i can count one 1 hand how many chidren we saw and this was great. We requested a late checkout which was a charge of £40 which i thought was expensive but there were no shower or changing facilities available to accomodate this other than the showers around the pool.This hotel definatley is a 5 star by any standard and i am sure 99.9% of people will be happy with their stay here(after all you can't suit everyone).

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank macracs
Bestofintentionsone, Hotel Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2009

Dear Guest,
Thank you for you kind comments, and I’m glad you’ve enjoyed your stay with us, there are however a couple of points you mentioned which concerned me. A) Regarding the drinks at the seafood restaurant and B) the Spa services.
I will certainly look into it the matter and make sure it’s clear that guest may obtain a towel from the spa as they wish, and it shouldn’t be an issue.
Regarding drinks in the seafood restaurant. All inclusive drinks are available at no extra cost and needless to say water is included, unless guest requests bottled mineral water. The regular water served is bottled water that we purchase in larger quantities.
Thank you once again for your nice comments, and we look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future

Reviewed 14 October 2009

Not having been on holiday for 8 years due to work and personal comitments I had all my hopes pinned on this holiday rekindling my relationship and my sanity and it did just that! I went to relax and I spent a whole week lying by the pool, on the beach, swimming, snorkling and just relaxing! Perfect. We arrived quite late at night and I was a bit worried that the hotel was going to be a disapointment as my last holiday went quite badly wrong (different place altogether might I add!). When the coach driver pulled up I was amazed! It looked totally stunning, all the water gardens and gardens light up light fairy land it looked great! The lobby was very welcoming and staff very helpful, not having traveled much I am a total looser when it comes to knowing what to do! The porter took us and our bags straight to our rooms, 6241, which was next to the pool with water slides and entertainment, but didnt bother us in the slightest, and the room was perfect. Clean, spacious, cool, towels, mini bar and tea coffee facalities. I spent the rest of the week eating in all of the restaruants, I must say that I prefered the Bay View restaurant for breakfast and evening meal, however the beach bar was ok for lunch, better than Sea Breeze which was still ok. The food was fair, I have high expectations and would liked to have seen a bit more selection of fresh fish and taste, however it was fine. For soft drinks the bars were ok, however for the cocktails, far too much alcohol, even I couldnt drink them!!! The pools were lovely, we had no problem finding sunbeds, you just need to keep your eye out for ones that have towels dumped on the end of them as it took me a few days to work out the 'towel eiquette' . By far the Relax pool was the best! The beach was very clean, although best to get there early to find a good spot near the pontoon and bar. All in all a great experience. The staff were lovely and very helpful, if a little too eager to please which got a little irritating, and the animation team were a little in your face! I dont wish to be called 'Lazy' for not wanting to particiate in 'water gym', Im on holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday. My only real gripe is at Thompson who we booked through as they were a little exagerated when they described the 'all inclusive' bits to us as yes, you could have health and beauty treaments, you could do watersports, you could go on excertions but these are not part of the all inclusive package as we were lead to believe.

5  Thank Sunshine83Portsmouth
Reviewed 13 October 2009

This was our second stay at Reef Oasis Blue Bay and I was correct after my review 18 months ago when I said it was great and would get better - it definitely got better. We brought our daughter and fiancé from Canada for this 10 day stay so it wasn't cheap and I'd be the first to point out flaws where I didn't think I was getting my money’s worth.
There was always plenty of staff at the front desk willing to help us in our mother tongue. The resort seems to have worked out some of the earlier growing pains of staff not knowing who to serve - we were always waited on superbly whether on the patio or in the dining areas. The resort has; thankfully, placed "lifeguards" along the beach to whistle at those people (idiots) who insist on walking on the coral reef (don't people know by now that coral isn't simply rock?). We got a kick out of the fact that all staff from the waiters to the gardeners and security guards always wished us a "Hello" or "Good Morning" - probably the only English these latter groups know, but I think that says a lot about the management of this resort in that they're going through these efforts to train the staff to ensure the guests feel welcome. Are all staff perfect? No, but people have to appreciate that this is a Muslim country and management are trying to "Europeanize" their staff to properly serve the clients. I think that all have done a truly commendable job. We ate in the same section each day and was waited on very attentatively by Ahmed - always cheery, always smiling.
Numerous pools, all very clean, each serving different items for lunch for hours at a time.
Our room (Jr Suite) was always spotless and you get a few extra goodies for the additional amount you pay. We asked our room attendant for additional Coke Light which was replenished each and every morning without having to ask a second time.
Swimming on the oposite side of the reef was fabulous (we brought our own masks/snorkels which I would recommend because you'll want to do it more than once). I had booked 4 days of diving with Sinai Divers and our first venture was to the hotel reef - so that gives you an idea of the quality.
Did we tip? Yes. Did it make a difference in the service? Probably, but I would say negligable. But if you want a little extra - whether it's service or attention, pay a little extra.
We ate at the fish restaurant where you select your fresh fish and it’s cooked right then - excellent. We also ate at the Italian restaurant twice which was magnificent – decor, service and food (served piping hot). We also ate a considerable number of meals in the main dining area – sure, the steam table food wasn’t burn-your-mouth-hot – but always a vast selection and very tasty.
I used the gym (opens at 0800 – I’d like to see that open a little earlier) and is equipped with the usual stair climbers, treadmills, cycling machines, free weights, etc – all in excellent condition and always an attendant nearby to offer assistance in their operation.
We were “somewhat” careful regarding the water – using bottled water to brush our teeth – but used the ice cubes, fountain water. 10 days there and none of us got “Pharaoh’s revenge” (which we have suffered from during stays at other resorts) so they’re doing something right.
A lot has been said about other guest's habits – nothing the resort can do about that and having stayed there twice, we never had many issues. We got up early-ish and placed some towels on chairs before going for breakfast but finding a place was never a problem.
Bottom line – been there twice and going back next year: which is the strongest recommendation I can give as the Reef Oasis is not the only show in town and competition’s tough.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Just got back from a weeks holiday at the reef oasis. This was our forth all inclusive holiday. First impressions were very good, huge place and really attractive with lovely grounds etc. food was really good but would have liked more choice of restaurants other than buffet. the itailan restaurant was very good, good choice, the other restaurant was the seafood again lovely food but limited choice on the menu and extra charges, they had a french restaurant but this was closed reason unknown but this was extra cost. so you did feel you were eating buffet food all the time. staff were friendly, entertainment varied and fairly good. our room was really spacious and clean loved the double walk in shower! the pools were good three in total, we stayed by the adult only relax pool but found people would reserve the beds really early on so we tried to get down there fairly early. the pool as also freezing cold! we would have liked to have had pool waiter service as we have experienced this at other all inclusives this would have made our stay extra special. the all inclusive drinks is fairly limited only local brands and limited cocktails so this was disappointing but we enjoyed the local beer and spirits. if you do experience an upset stomach that is very common there, go to the chemist very helpful. overall we had a very good relaxing holiday and were very impressed with the resort but it was missing that extra touch, for a extra special all inclusive would recommend the carribean but would recommend egypt and that resort to others.

5  Thank jeffBedfordshire
Bestofintentionsone, hotel manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2009

Dear Guest,
Thank you for you kind remarks and I do regret we didn’t give you these extra touches of service to make it perfect for you, we will review the fact of giving full service by the adults pool, perhaps I need to point out that the imported drinks are highly taxed almost 400% therefore this unfortunately limits us from having them as part of the regular all inclusive, we are however considering to have ultra all inclusive in the near future for some guests who wish to have these little extra touches you’ve mentioned, Thank you for spending your holidays with us and we all look forward to welcome you once again in the near future. Kind Regards, the management