We went to Sharm in February this year (Renaissance Golden Beach Hotel) and liked it so much went back and stayed at ROBBR in December. The only problem we had was on arrival when we insisted on changing rooms from road side of block 5 to hotel side of block 5, this took a while but the staff at reception did their best for us. All the staff throughout the week were helpful, kind and polite, we had some very interesting conversations. The only rudeness we saw was, sadly, from a Brit to a waiter and was totally uncalled for. We followed the advice from a reviewer and took dollars to use for tips as Egyptian money is hard to get in smaller notes and very worn this was a really handy idea and will definately do it again next time, although staff are not on the lookout for tips, they treat everyone the same.
The gardens and pools are lovely ,very well kept. We particularly liked the Sea Breeze restaurant for lunch each day, in the evening to the buffet, to the Italian twice, to the Fish Restaurant once. Food was very varied and although drinks were served by the glass we never had to ask for a top up.
Entertainment? Um .....dire but did their best considering how many nationalities they were working with.
Can understand why anyone with walking difficulties would find the hotel awkward due to the expansive layout, however staff were very attentive to anyone who needed assistance with wheelchairs etc. especialy those at the adult pool, they really couldn't have done more to assist from what we saw.
The tennis courts are much better than some hotels we've been to, we used them twice, (the flood lighting can be a bit hit and miss!) The diving school was excellent Mark got his Dive Leader qualification some years ago and decided to update his log book, he had tuition plus two dives with the school. The receptionist, tutors and assistants were excellent, very careful and rang to check our flights to make sure he would be safe to complete the dives he chose. Much better value than dive schools in Europe. Snorkelling from the jetty is very good, would suggest that its best not to be tempted to go in from the shore ( life guards will stop you) due to the shallow water there, several people got minor cuts on the coral.
We've been to Naama Bay before and didnt go again this time but would recommend a visit there especially at night ,also if you like local colour visit the Old Town it's less brash and more eccentric than Naama Bay. We did go on the Stars at Night/Bedouin/Desert/Camel excursion, this was a little tame and certainly, as only 10 minutes off the main road, not as genuine desert as expected!
Its hard to find fault with this hotel, its not 5* , its not 5* prices either . We were a little worried about going to a 600+ room hotel, there was no need , it never felt crowded and the variety in pools, gardens, restaurants, bars, sports, mean you can be as active or as chilled as you want to be. As a value winter break with short flight and guaranteed sun its hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa is one of the most beautiful resorts of Sharm El Sheikh with the magnificent views of the Sinai Mountains hidden amongst the colorful shades of the desert. The Hotel is overlooking the famous Red Sea with clear crystal blue waters and beautiful corals with the most amazing colored tropical fish. Our highly experienced trained staff and Management Team are available 24 hrs with extended knowledge of the resort and qualified to provide our Guests with the most professional and exceptional service. Our Priority is you at all times during the day and night to help make the most of an excellent and enjoyable holiday. We have a wide range of facilities including a 24hr bar serving drinks and snacks, a beautiful Panorama Terrace to capture the most amazing sunset views for those perfect kodak moments to save a lifetime of memories. We have many Swimming pools to meet everyone's tastes, have fun in the sun with the family's at the leisure pool or relax reading a book chilling by our adults pool at the Relax we have it for all ages. Teens hangout room including play stations, games machines, air hockey and billiards or join in the activities with the Animation Team. Treat your self with one of our Royal Tents with complete privacy, waiter service, direct access to the sea for relax time including drinks, fruit for a small additional charge or lounge on your sun bed at the beach at your leisure with 350 m of sand and try our snorkeling from the jetty to spot little Nemo with a trained instructor the choice is yours. If you would like to make your stay extra special we have many other room types to upgrade, our Honeymoon Suite being the most popular choice and highest category. This option is by far the best choice and we can guarantee you won't be disappointed, pure luxury with direct sea view, the moon the stars the sunset all in one. Your very on private double jacuzzi, separate living room, walk in wardrobe, marble bathroom, DVD player with surround sound and wifi with many other benefits included. All for a small supplement. Easy access to the other resort areas to visit during your stay by taxi or shuttle you will be anywhere in a short time to grab your bargains shop till you drop or chill in one of the famous shisha cafes we can direct you. Upload your memorable photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram whilst enjoying your holiday with our new extended wifi or Skype your friends at home to show them the wonderful Hotel your staying in now available in various areas of the Hotel free of charge. If you fell active during your stay why not try a discover scuba dive or complete your padi and become a certified diver with our very own dive centre on the beach or get active in our amazing gym and learn all the exercises with a trained and qualified fitness instructor ,. If you prefer to pamper your self relax in our steam room or sauna free of charge. Don't forget to reserve your Ala Carte Restaurants with our Guest Relation Team who are available in the lobby to make your dining experience the most enjoyable one, sample our tasty delicious 4. Course meal with complete tranquility in our La Romantique Restaurant special offers apply. We are truly confident by choosing the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort and Spa you will not be disappointed. If you have any further questions or queries we would love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming our Guests soon. Management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Oasis Blue Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Reef Oasis Blue Bay