We stayed here beginning of July for 14 nights. A relaxing holiday was what I wanted and exactly what I got. We did have swim up rooms in block 12 which are fantastic. However, we did find ourselves spending most of the holiday at the splash pool not because the kids preferred but it was easier with the kids clubs being down there. Ahmed bless him was a god send bringing drinks to the rooms but I found getting drinks more accessable at the main pool, especially in that heat! We also didn't want to bombard other users of the swim up pool with our 4 kids noise.
Our plus points * Rooms, gardens, beach, main restaurant, public loos, all good
* Staff very friendly and really don't expect a tip, just a bit of courtesy.
* Kids clubs really good. First choice fantastic clubs and entertainment for kids at night.
* Never had any problem getting sun beds.
* Food was good and plentiful. Breakfast was excellent. Didn't use a la carts so can't comment
* Pool side bar staff need to be commended for their hard work!
My niggles * Main pool/splash pool areas, the concrete is a little tired and gritty
* Pool side snack bar never had food when we went. This may have been due to Ramadan. In my opinion it was a bit on the junk side: chips, fried chicken n fish. Never saw pizza. There was some fruit n salad. Much preferred to get up n go to main restaurant for better quality food. Also, never found any afternoon cakes? Spent a fortune in shop getting kids a snack to do them until dinner.
* First choice do an excellent job of evening entertainment for kids and families but I feel a lack of good quality adult entertainment (other than quizzes and bingo) lets the hotel down
* Wasnt impressed with the cost of the pool tables and games at main building. There's nothing else for the kids to do except at the play park which was always too dark and too far from seating areas.
* I actually found the air con too cold in main building but then again I love heat.
The hotel is accessable to a wide range of other activities outside the gates if you want. We used Falcon adventures who were excellent with the kids and an excellent price.
We are looking at going back to the holiday village next year as we all thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and although I had my niggles, it was too good to consider anywhere else, especially with kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering the unsurpassed panoramic views of the Red Sea, Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort presents a comprehensive under-one-roof concept that meets the need of every discerning leisure traveler. This 5-star resort houses: 484 elegant guest rooms with modern amenities, superbly-designed facilities and 13 exciting dining and lifestyle choices for a multi-dimensional experience. It is our privilege to enchant our guests with courteous and attentive service that is the hallmark of Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort; we deliver only the best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Coral Sea Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Holiday Village Hotel Sharm El Sheikh