Coral Sea Holiday Village
US$121
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$79
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$103
US$129
US$59
US$214
US$173
Grand Rotana Resort & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$98
US$48
US$70
US$59
6,481 results
All reviewsswim up roomwalk in wardrobequiet poolmain pooladult barkids clubcoral seaevening entertainmenthuge bedactivity poolice creamhard rock cafework hardtipsunbedsholidaypools
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, brilliant hotel staff anf fantastic reps from day to day admin to night time entertainment!
Foor is a 9 out of 10 in main restaurant but clean, fresh and a huge choice, just. A little repetitive, all al r cate restaurants were very yummie!

Pool area is safe not slippery, only down side just 1 heated pool but I saw this has a up side because it meant all children stayed in the same pool!

Beach isnt great no sand castles to built, but u can walk out on the jetty to see amazing fish, and had a beach bar and towles for yr convince, and lots of adult and child activities on the beach

Mosquito are a real problem in Egypt so stay protected from day one and get a local spray called off works very well! Also I recommend have a 2nd floor room not ground.

I never had a illness on this trip however I never allowed our 2 boys 4 and 7 to have ice, salad, any fruit I couldnt peel and we washed our teeth with bottled water and washed hands every time we ate.

Hope this helps x

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank caroline c
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and that it was the "Best Holiday". Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

First time to an all-inclusive so I was a little anxious but it was a great experience and I would very much like to visit again in the future....
Stayed in a swim up room and had a great time. Waking up in the morning and going straight out to the pool was just perfect... if you have the opportunity to upgrade definitely do it you won't regret it.
Grounds were well-kept and everything was as clean as you would expect a busy, family-centric hotel to be.
Rooms were big and cleaned daily. Shower not great upon arrival just had a dribble of water but maintenance was called and changed the shower head promptly.
The location was great right on the beach which was well kept and the swing beds are great. One of the al a carte restaurants is here also, and I have been to some fantastic beach-side restaurant locations in the Caribbean but this location was right up there with those - lovely.
The food in the main buffet was absolutely fine, often pretty good. I know they have to cater for many people and so I would say it was definitely value for money. Plenty of choice and I don't know why people say they get bored - I never got bored ! We had lunch at one of the small outside buffet areas by the pool - we thought this was a nice change from main buffet - it was basically chicken and fries and salad each day from this bit but we enjoyed that as we could take it away back to our loungers at the swim up.
The wines and other beverages, however, are not great at all that is my only grumble but that's not exactly majorly important is it !
Staff are excellent. A little tip does go a long way but this is simply part of the culture. Drinks guy came round the swim ups regularly with a massive tray full of drinks which was great.
Of course, as I had never been all inclusive and the people I went with go to holiday villages regularly, I was a little taken-aback when they took us to the kids entertainment!! So much energy! Absolutely great for the kids, and it was fun to watch. The adult bar on a terrace is really nice, great for chilling out.
We did two trips - both booked through first choice. The boat trip was great for snorkelling and the sand buggies were a great experience - must try it out if you can and gives you a break from the hotel !

All in all it is a great hotel; I couldn't have asked for a better first time experience. If you are looking to book here, just book it. Don't listen to people who complain about absolutely everything - the majority say it's excellent, therefore it is !!

Room Tip: swim ups are great - definitely upgrade it is worth it
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank sofia105

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have to be honest I really have never fancied Egypt but after deciding to have a last minute week away, for guaranteed weather and not an eight hour flight Egypt seemed the place to go!!!

A friend and I booked ourselves one of the Junior Suites as a double room thinking that a resort this big would have a twin room available if we emailed the hotel direct and asked. We did contact them and they informed us that the Junior Suites only came as doubles but if there was availability they would upgrade us to a swim up room.

On the drive from the hotel we passed some rather grand looking hotels so when we pulled up at the Coral Sea Holiday Village my heart sunk. From the street the resort looks very cheap. After a security check we drove down to the reception ready for check-in.

We all off boarded the coach from the airport and walked into reception which was having a major overhaul (we had been aware of this from reviews on Trip Advisor). As we were checking in there was a note on our booking for an upgrade to the twin pool room and then the receptionist went out the back and got the manager who we had spoken to over email who came out and greeted us to the resort. Then we had someone walk us to our room informing us our luggage would be soon behind us.

We arrived at our swim up pool room which was fabulous. It wasn't one of the newly renovated rooms but was very clean and no real tardiness to the room. It was perfect for what we wanted. Once our luggage arrived we decided to spray some insect repellant and go for a walk round the resort. We got as far as the bar upstairs from the main restaurant. We easily managed to get a table and a waiter came over and took our order, when we came back we gave him a £1 tip and we didn't need to ask for another drink until we went for dinner (we didn't tip for each round). We went to the main restaurant for dinner and found a table over the back (away from the families), ordered a drink and then had a look at the food.

We arrived on a Sunday so it was Italian night (every night in the main restaurant is themed), the buffet was great, the salad bar was fabulous and there were also chefs making pasta with your choice of ingredients along with so much other choice of food. Our waiter kept bringing us drinks (I was on the red wine which surprisingly was pretty good) and as we were leaving gave us plastic glasses to carry through the resort. We went back to the bar and had another drink then after our long day went back to get a good nights sleep.

We had read on here that the beds were really hard but I have to say they were really comfortable, I had such a great nights sleep. The following morning we went to the buffet breakfast where a wide variety of food was on offer, my only criticism was the coffee was dire but apart from that there were omlettes being made fresh, a wide choice of breads, hot and cold food (and my favourite the custard doughnuts that didn't nothing for my weight watchers:-)). We then headed to the welcome meeting but only to find out where to go and get the wireless dongle for the internet as I needed to check work emails and the hotel internet was expensive (although i understand from May it was going to be free throughout the resort), we are pleased we didn't stay though as from what we were later told it was just a sales pitch for trips from the hotel.

We laid round our pool till lunchtime and it was bliss, our room attendant was fabulous, came and introduced himself we then gave him a bit of a tip and told him 'you look after that we will look after you - there can be more where that came from'. )The rest of the week he was brilliant and at the end of our trip we made sure he was looked after. ) The pool was lovely although very cold first thing (but we did find it warmed up during the week). The sun loungers got shaded over around 2pm so that is when we headed to lunch - once again the food as fabulous with heaps of choice (the only thing I would say is that I would have preferred as much salad choice as there was of an evening - I found myself eating burger or pasta where a decent salad would have been more than enough). We then headed to the 'quiet pool' for the rest of the afternoon which was perfect for us.

That evening we headed into the main restaurant again and after only being here for 24 hours our now regular waiter (Mohamed Hafazy - spelling) was there with a table reserved for us. It was once again another themed night and the food was fabulous.

After dinner this night though we went to the adult entertainment, the guy that runs it down there was great (can't remember his name), he really made it down there. One night they did have some comedian there who was worse than terrible - we got up and walked out, got a drink and sat on our verandah.

I could go on day by day but I won't bore you. To sum it all up the holiday was fabulous. We didn't use any of the vouchers for the other restaurants as the main restaurant was so good (we always sat at the second seating). The staff are brilliant, really helpful and attentive. We tipped at the beginning and again at the end, we found this worked as well as flashing £10 notes around on day one (as it seemed many people did).

Even though we didn't have any children with us after seeing and meeting some families there I would highly recommend for kids, there was so much for them to do. Have to say we went during the Easter holiday's and did not find that all the children there disturbed us, we just kept to the quieter areas.

Yes I will be back - I have already recommended to friends and if you are reading this to work out whether to go or not I would highly recommend you do. ENJOY!!!

Room Tip: If traveling without kids ask for a room up near the quiet pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank Emma500

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your excellent review and for your recommendations; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services.

So: same time, same place next year? Do let us know once you have booked your next holiday!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have to say overall that the holiday village was a good holiday for us . We stayed for 2 weeks and the weather was great which always helps . The staff and first choice reps were excellent and very helpful . The food was good and plenty to choose from . We tried the a la carte restaurants choices of Mediterranean ,bamboo, Siri and American diner also. Out of these we preferred Mediterranean as the best as we have a 5 year old and the choices for her were better . There is plenty to do but we found that when we went snorkelling for the first time at the end of the pier it was a really enjoyable time for us as a family. You see plenty of fish and the water is only just above waist high depending on the tide . We also went on the sea scope in naama bay as our trip out well worth doing as you see all the fish near the coral reefs . It has a lower deck under water, air conditioned and plenty of room it cost us £83 with first choice . Our room was big and we were really happy with the big bed , it was really comfortable. We were in room 4111 .
The only minus points we had were that our room was near the main kitchen which had 3 big extractors on the wall which we could here in our room but we did get used to it and 2 nights the music was quite loud in our room . All the staff were helpful and Ali our room cleaner made animals out of towels and laid them on our bed when he cleaned our room in the mornings which was great for our little girl.
We left tips when we wanted to and did not feel under pressure to tip. All the Egyptians love our English pound so take some £1 coins for tips .
This is a good time of the year to go as it is not over busy ,just right for us and the temperature reached 40 c on several days but it seemed normal after a few days.
My wife tried the spa and said it was good value , she had 2 massages and her back feels great since .
The kids club for our 5 year old was good also and we booked her in for 5 swimming lessons and she really loved this and the instructor Rick was brilliant with her and she really improved,we'll worth £30.
So if you want guaranteed warmth and sun this is the place for you and also great for kids .

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4111 which was good .we did have 2 nights when the music went onto the early hours . Good view from this room .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Andrew B

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had another fantastic holiday here. Thanx Mahmood and Alan at the quiet pool for serving our drinks as the sun set. I really want to return for no.6 but the horrendous airport departure may have put me off a bit.Dont know what the problem was but have never experienced such chaos before.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jaz S

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your 5th stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back on your 6th visit in the very near future.