“Visited 6th June one week”

Coral Sea Holiday Village
Ranked #24 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Visited 6th June one week”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We visited as a family with our 8 year-old son. We arrived at night around 10pm it was a bit manic booking in but we got there in the end we were shown to our room and were asked to wait for our cases to be brought which took another 30 min. Because we were late the hotel put tapas on in the buffet restaurant which was ok but nothing much for kids.

We stayed in block 14 standard rooms which are ok but in need of refinishing most of the hotel has been done or getting done. We booked a double room but were given a twin we asked to change but hotel was fully booked.

There's loads of pools the beach was always quiet but amazing thought more people would of used it. The food and drinks were good. I would go again but the only thing I would say is book a swim up room they must be the rooms you see on the websites as ours wasn't that nice plus we never got any towel art or anything like that probably because our cleaner had too many rooms to clean(he was good though)
The staff on site are excellent reps were very good my son learnt to swim with the swim team who were very good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Neil J
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Holiday Village, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Coral Sea Hotels - Resorts - Nile Cruises

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,834)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
dundee
Reviewed 15 June 2014

ok after being there in march had a superb time , I wrote a review, just home 12/5/14 once again a unbelievable time , this might take awhile , but loads to say , when I got checked in wasn't the same room as last time I had asked for but actually a far better room and position , I don't do stairs due to a long back problem , and one they gave me was one stair up ,but a massive room massive veranda , and right on path facing main pool and med restaurant, short path to beach wher we sit everyday , my son and girlfriend and 6 yr old son cam too , they were very close next block , first of all if you want wi fi , deffo go outside of hotel turn right get hire of a portable wi fi it works suberb everywhere even on beach its very fast too , its falcon who hires them out , £20 a week and £40 deposit u get back no problem , we shared cost with my sons room , as hotel one may b free but doesn't work , unless at reception and not all that good , right next to the med restaurant is the adult bar , its really good been renovated recently too , the dark sky background and roof open lovely couches , chairs ect , a great singer and other acts too ,waiter sercices, now we go to beach everyday , and the waiters ther fantastic all remembered me ,right away ,, a couple of pound coins now and again thru the week , and they look after you very well , the amphitheatre is now great huge screen lights and certain bits of the roof now covered tastfully and long blue sponge seats to sit on the steps much better now , but you can also get couches and chairs and tables also fit on the steps , kids show is really good costumes great ,like a story book , all first choice staff , the possible quizzes, and a dancing act or singer ect , again waiter service , who come round loads , our table allways full of drinks ,lovely toilets downstairs and used from all the kids clubs down ther too , beach has own toilets and shower lovely , a lot of kids activity on empty part of beach which they seemed to love and adult volley ,. we have allways found a lot of ppl speak on the beach too ,so got to know a good few ppl ,and had many a laugh with the towel staff and waiters , now second week my son proposed to his girlfriend in the amphitheatre, it all went smooth and was a great night , they thye came up with cocktails and , then next day did all the umbrella at beach with ribbons flowers and balloons for them coming down to a lo0vely surprise .as did ther cleaner for ther bed it was so lovely with ther cards small bottles champagne I gave them all wrapped with towels , . ther is also occasional entertainment in main bit near sports bar , I seen a belly dancer ther , gardens are so lovely and waking up on many a night I sat on veranda and they were watering all the gardens at 4 am in morning , and planting new plants , everybody allways waved to us as we sat on veranda , in early evening , now if u have kids go out hotel turn right cross road u coame to a nice kids park with battery operated cars , bikes ect its really nice , even a remote control car for smaller kids , , we went a few times across to the three crowns English bar across the road karaoke , his son a great singer , and they sent over a bottle champers for the engaged couple too , had a really good night , last night went into namma bay hired a bus (9 seater from guy in reception it was about £30 for the return trip about half an hour , ther was 5 of us , the driver superb , pointing out things ,and playing loads English music hite on way home to which we all sang too , got his moby number phoned him when ready to come home , on way there we seen this enormous kids playpark with ahuge dinasor outside , all lit up , he told us its free, we were a bit annoyed at not knowing it was ther as its all new , its called Hollywood , deffo goin next time , my son asked f/choice why they didn't say at meeting , they said you didn't ask? but as it was free and not one of ther trips I guess they wont , we ate at tgif in namma bay once again it was superb nachos , salad and fajitas , platters wher we all just delved in , actually left ourselves no time to go round namma bay shopping as we would of liked , but the usual dancer sin the bars and fairy lights I just love , the famous pacha night club was ther too , my son asked if we could possibly go in and have a nosey , he said we could all go in child as well , it was amazing as we snapped our cameras, also we hired a bus to soho which is beautiful all mable tiled and bronze statues , we booked from falcon as well think it was £15 but it is about half way to namma bay , it was very hot at this time of year , but breeze at beach helps a lot , most of what I said is in recxent review , about other parts of the village , so if you not sure of anything just e mail me I will be happy to reply , I have been 11 times now to sharm , twice to the village , we didn't do any of the alacarte melas as seemed to be too busy , but food in main restauarant great choice , but found the beef very tough so we laid off that , my husband had a tooth falling out he asked rep wher to go 5 mins over the road , and he was well pleased he took it out , oh and on the path along beach 10 mins thers electric bikes scooters and small kids cars to hire £6 20 min s, it was great laugh and got to see a lot of hotels and beach up from us , might b back end of October again , but I see in my two weeks away a lot of the availability gone now ,,, oh and we phoned for bucket of ice every night after beach gave the guy £2 well worth it still a bit left in it in fridge after beach next day , my son and family thinks it best holiday ever , and so sad to be home , they could of don't three weeks they said ,, me tooooooo ,

Room Tip: remember chat to all the staff they like a laugh and wont forgrt u , they do work endlessly and then...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank patandave
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and that it was the best holiday ever. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a 2 week stay (25.5.14-8.6.14) at this wonderful hotel, for my 5th visit in 3 years. I wouldn't usually have bothered writing another review, as I'd only be repeating myself about the brilliant location, great choice of food, fab activities, entertainment, kids clubs, crèche etc, and last but definitely not least, the AMAZING staff who work tirelessly to make sure you have a great holiday, always with a smile, and who remember you visit after visit & greet you like old friends. I'm pleased to say that over the years, a few of these guys HAVE become friends, and it's mainly down to the wonderful staff that make the hotel as great as it is; this year however, there has been a refurb and a few changes since my last visit- the refurb is looking great so far, although not drastically different (lobby bar for example) but the extended Mediterranean restaurant is great and I LOVED the "new" village diner which was under construction last time I was there last May. The only place to get ice cream from now during the day is downstairs from the lobby, which is a bit of a pain if your at the pool, hence why we only bothered once (walking back with it melting in the heat=Ice cream splatting on the floor=very upset kids!) if it has to be kept inside, surely the entrance to the al a carte building is a better place?!? As another reviewer has also mentioned, a cover over the play area would be brilliant and is much needed- the equipment is just way too hot to use during the day, so it went unused by us this time. All in all, this was another great visit and I'm glad we came back. We had said we were going to try other places and perhaps give the HV a miss for a while, but coming back has made me fall in love with it all over again, and I'm already planning my return for hopefully later in the year, if not then definitely next year, but even if I do start to go elsewhere, this will always be my go to place, and my 2nd home in the sun. I can't wait to return soon x
Room 4206 25/5/14-8/6/14
A few tips:
*Book the al a carte restaurants as soon as you get there as they get booked up quickly, especially the earlier sittings, but they are definitely worth visiting.
*Dont bother with First Choice for any excursions/trips, the exact same trips are available outside for half the price. Even if FC try to use scare tactics to get you not to book with outside companies, that's all it is- scaremongering. I have used Falcon & Sharm vacation excursions & can highly recommend both. Any questions, feel free to ask :-)

• Stayed May 2014
8 Thank MeMe079
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your 5th stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and that it was the best holiday ever. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your 6th holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Just arrived back from the HV on wed morning, this was our second visit. Love this place, didn't want to leave. Me, my hubby & 2 kids had a fantastic holiday. The management team were really friendly & even upgraded us to a swim up room, we originally wanted one but they were fully booked when booking our holiday. This made our holiday, we would definitely book a swim up room next time We go, the other pools are great but having ur own pool to chill round till the sun goes down is just awesome :). I would definitely recommend this place. Gets 10/10 from us.

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank Nicola S
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review and for your recommendations; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back to your "New Second Home" in the near future.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more "phenomenal".

worcestershire
Reviewed 14 June 2014

From the minute we arrived until our departure home we had 11 nights of absolutely fantastic and unquestionably one of the best holidays ever. I have been to sharm 18 times, 2nd time to this hotel and I will never need to look elsewhere when this is perfection.
Checking smooth & efficient, room lovely clean and quiet number 14324, huge sumptuous bed, medium firm mattress, clean tiled bathroom, walk in shower, TV with 8 English channels. Air con really good as temperatures were 35 every day, not a cloud in the sky.
Food, WOW! Buffett plentiful and hot always, clean very friendly efficient staff, the 4 vouchers for other restaurant visits were thoroughly a pleasure to visit, Indian, Chinese, mediteranean & Mexican all outstanding, clean cutlery, tasty food,smiley staff, no tummy upsets experienced.
Beach quiet, local camel called bobby Thompson, he likes a piece of fruit daily or a bread roll!!
Beach service excellent, Ehab & nabil were so helpful and replacing drinks as they emptied, no need to reserve sunbeds, plenty to go round. Fish very little in comparison to other sharm hotels I have visited. Bedwin children selling homemade jewellery try their luck every day but a polite no sees them on their way.
Family pool bonkers, like sardines and very noisey but full of entertainment reps worked really hard however the quiet pool and beach make you oblivious to the busyness & noise as easy to escape.
Swim up rooms looked lovely and peaceful. Wifi in lobby only with no problems to log on I face timed home every day. The whole complex is clean, friendly and very very safe I really do recommend this hotel to families, couples, groups and anyone who appreciates excellent value for money as this truly is just that. First choice and the hotel staff really have got the balance right here, 10 out of 10, hope to return in a few months.

Room Tip: High floor block 14 quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank nashers_7

Hull
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Visited the Holiday Village again in May, 2014, our 3rd stay this year which speaks for itself.

Every time we return we see improvements have been made for example the newly refurbished lobby bar, view bar and changes made to the amphitheatre. There is now free Wi-Fi in the lobby which is a nice touch and sometimes you can get connected.

The food was great as usual in the main restaurant and the al a carte restaurants that you can book and enjoy a sit down meal. The hard working staff are a credit to this hotel, which is why we return again and again, they are always there for you if you need any help with anything no matter what it is and give a great service. The Egyptians are very considerate and helpful.

The Jacuzzi room we stayed in this time was a lovely change, with a great view and was very spacious, all the rooms are lovely.

The entertainment team (Allan, Andrew, Sophie, Charlotte and Anna) work really hard, especially in the heat, and never fail to make you laugh and are great singers. All the first choice team can't do enough for you. The day time staff always have a smile on their faces, especially Myles.

There is something for everyone both day and night. You can always guarantee good weather in Egypt and good times. Outside the hotel there is lots to do in Nabq and Naama Bay which is only a taxi journey away. there are plenty of pubs and shops that you can visit.

Thanks again to the Management and staff for another fantastic holiday. We are returning in July/August, 2014 for our 17th stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

7 Thank Gill F
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; indeed a pleasure to read.
Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your 17th stay in July/August; do let us know once you have booked.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed for 10 nights 11 days in a swim up room in block 12 as a family of 4. We arrived late at night but were soon guided to our room. The luggage is taken on a buggy straight to your door.

The room it's self is spacious, a huge bathroom, walk in wardrobe with a free safe, a huge king size bed, a two seater sofa and 2 single beds for the kids which was a lifesaver as we thought there would be a double bed having looked at the pictures on the first choice website. The swimming pool is cleaned every day at least someone comes every hour to check. A bar man,
A. Salam came round the pool every hour giving us drinks which is very handy as the closest bar is at the quiet pool.

The grounds of the hotel are amazing the gardeners keep the grounds extreemly tidy. When you go out for a walk there at it all the time none stop.

The breakfast, lunch and dinner is good lots to choose from even the kids found something to eat and theyre fussy eaters. The bread at the hotel is beautiful infact most meals we had probably had bread with it it's that nice! At breakfast they had lots of cereal: coco pops, shreadies, Cheerios ect. As well as lots of hot foods. Lunch was good lots of choice, probably had spaggetti Bol the most. And for dinner they had a theme for every night such as Indian and Chinese but still had stuff for the kids to eat. We went to three a la carte restraunts: Bamboo ( Chinese ), Sari ( Indian ) and the village diner which is like a American / Mexican type restraunt. Recommend them all especially the steak at the diner, the best.

The beach is nice plenty of sunbeds and parosels to get away from the sun. There's a pier that goes along the water to the deeper part of the sea. There is a zip wire that goes from one part of the complex to the pirate ship on the beach.

The kids club is good for the kids they said it was fun which was a bonus so we has a couple hours to our selves.

The activities at the main pool kept the kids entertained we only went there for a day as we had a swim up room. They had a blow up water course at the main pool which looked fun.

Evening entertainment was fantastic one evening Ricky Kay from britans got talent came he was great and very funny. Every evening they have I 5 live for the kids 8 till 9. There is also an Adult bar where at night there's entertainment for the adults. It's next door to the Sari reastraunt upstairs.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a swim up room if you do ask for block 7 it gets the sun all day or block 12 if you want...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family