“2nd visit - even better than last year! ”

Coral Sea Holiday Village
Ranked #21 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“2nd visit - even better than last year! ”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 weeks at the end of June, and was another great stay. We booked a double select room, spacious and clean, with a DVD player to keep kids happy at bed time. Staff friendly and very hard working, first choice kids club staff wonderful, especially Jo who made our daughter a birthday card to bring home, evening entertainment was I 5 live, great if you have young kids. Food and drink to a good standard, will be back again in 2016. Burgess family.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Drew80
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Holiday Village, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your 2nd stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back on your 3rd visit in the near future.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,834)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have just returned from the HV and had a fantastic holiday again. This was our 4th visit (3rd in a row at the same time of year) we loved it as much as we loved it all other times. Being return visitors we got a few extras (got additional visits to a la carte restaurants, 15% off in the Stone Grill, got a card to get VIP breakfast in the med restaurant which was much quieter and had a good selection, half price late room checkout and a free manicure from spa and free photo)

We got a room in block 3 which was lovely. As far as I understand this was a select room (all standard rooms are now in block 14) The room was fine for us and was cleaned very well each day. There was myself and 2 sons (aged 13 and 10) our room had the big superking bed and a camp bed. Friends had a family room which was nice and had a separate partition section with 2 camp beds and a TV.

The food in all restaurants was absolutely delicious. The service in the a la carte restaurants was very good too (all the staff are extremely friendly, polite and helpful). As soon as drinks are almost finished they are over topping them up without having to ask. We went to the Stone Grill one night and enjoyed the experience there. Although the service we found was not as good. But to be fair to the restaurant we booked as a table of 13 so perhaps they are used to smaller parties. The food was good though, and it was an experience to cook our food on the stone gril, but I personally preferred the food/service in the other restaurants. It was good value though.

The staff are amazing from the pool/towel boys (Wael was our favourite and helped us get beds every morning - lots of people were reserving beds, but I came down at about 9am each morning and didn't have a problem getting a bed - I'm not precious about getting the same spot though) The pool bar staff (Basem, Ali, William and the others I cannot recall all the names) were great and came by constantly checking to see if we needed any drinks. These guys work all day and night and always had a smile (even in the extreme temperature and fasting too, they deserve medals!). The waiting staff in the restaurants were fab too as were the reception staff and guest relations. I have always found the staff to be excellent throughout the hotel.

The first choice staff are brill too. Always smiling and getting guests involved in the various games/activities. We went upto the adult bar a few nights too, which was a welcome break from the heat in the amphitheater. It was nice to have a drink in a glass, with air con or sit outside in the nice terrace area. James, the adult entertainer was a good laugh and organised a wee quiz and some form of game/entertainment each night which was always good fun.

Finally, I knew the hotel had free wifi in the reception area but I had read on trip advisor it was a hit or a miss due to the volume of people using it. I tried it and it worked okay for whatsapp, but facetime would not connect. I had also read on trip advisor about the excursion company a couple of minutes down the road called Falcon (directly across from McDonalds) who did a mobile wifi device. Before I left the UK I looked them up online they had a website page which was helpful and I e-mailed ahead to book a device. This cost only £35 for 2 weeks (and upto 5 devices could access) you also had to pay a £40 deposit which you got when you returned the device. One night mine started playing up. I took it along and they sorted it no problem and it was absolutely fine again. Through them I also booked the red sea cruise, which was fantastic and half the price of booking with first choice. I would definitely recommend using Falcon - check out their website, they told me they are on facebook too.

All in all a brilliant holiday again, would thoroughly recommend the holiday village in Egypt! I will definitely go back at somepoint in the future!

Room Tip: The reception staff are happy to help with room requests if they have the availability. We have e-m...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jen177
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review and for your recommendations; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your 4th stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back on your 5th visit in the near future.

berwickshire
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just came back last week after a 2 week stay at the HV as a family of 4. We had a family room this year instead of a kids den and to be honest we were glad we didn't upgrade as our room was right next to reception the main buffet restaurant and the quiet pool which we spent all our 2 weeks at this year and not the main pool as per last year. This didn't effect our kids enjoyment at all. Always got a sun bed in roughly the same spot when going out at between 745 and 800. My wife used the spa for treatments and enjoyed them and as we had gold bands a discount was provided. Food as ever was spot on and only once did I sit down disappointed, mind you this was due to personal taste and not the quality of the food. Would say the new village diner was easily the pick of the a'la cartes but again that's personal opinion. Kids enjoyed i5live but cant comment on the turns after this as we never stayed for them. We did enjoy HV got talent though, Lads on Tour were funny. The team work really hard and provide good family entertainment and were always cheery given how hard they work. The staff at the hotel work so hard as well and always have time to smile and say hello. With regards excursions we went out on a speed boat and snorkelling trip with Aquarius. We bought the dvd from the photographer, which wasn't cheap, and used Falcon outside the complex for quad biking. Pop in and see Said at Falcon as they were excellent once again. Max will put a smile on your face as well!! I think it was Assam who was our tour guide and he even gave my wife and one of my kids a quad bike lift back to the hotel as he wasn't feeling too good. Big thanks very much for that! A couple of minor niggles but not going to mention them as they in no way detracted from our time at the HV. This is clearly sold as a family hotel so if you're a young couple or have older kids I think its the wrong place for you so to complain about the lack of entertainment does seem a bit pointless!! If you haven't been give this place a go as we will probably got back a third time!!

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your return stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back on your 3rd visit in the near future.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Mauritius
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is my 3rd visit to Sharm, and I was in shock for the two weeks that I stayed in this establishment. We stayed from 22nd June until 7th July and I am still in recovery mode.

Just to sum it up it simply is like Butlins in extreme temperatures, if thats what you like for a holiday then great! this is the place for you.

We arrived at the hotel about 11pm, we was taken to our room and not once did the receptionist advise that there was anything to eat at this time. I asked because I was starving. I was then told the main restaurant was open. After leaving our luggage in the room we went to get something to eat. Which was basically dried up rolls and cheese that had wrinkled up.

Back to the room we went - and the room was spacious, air con was great. We had a family room that was nice as the doors closed giving some privacy. We overlooked the swim up rooms below us which was a nice view. The rooms needed some TLC. The cleaners work very hard and I suppose they do not have time to clean to a standard that I am used to. For example I moved my shampoo in the shower after a week and it was full of dirt and hair etc. The toilet brush that had no cover - was at eye view and basically I lost my appetite for the rest of the week. No thought about this - and I did ask for it to be changed twice - but it never did get changed.

We was in block 14 I did read alot of reviews about what block to be in. But as I have never been to the property I didnt really realise how big it was!! We was as far away as possible really. Our nearest pool was the quite pool.

Off we went to the lower pool for the first two days - after 2 days I had to take headache pills because it really was quite extreme. I am used to noise as I have 3 children but this is something else. The First Choice Entertainemnt where full on for the whole day no break in it really apart from lunchtime. Sunbed where gone in a flash but we where lucky to get some bed by the pool where kids can learn how to swim. We took ourselves to breakfast which closes at 10am to come all the way down to the pool and find the towels and the bags ontop had vanished. Thank you to the kind lady nearby that said that they had been taken away thats the rule not back by 10.15 gone are you towels. That is terrible - some people like to go back to their room after breakfast and brush their teeth. Lesson learnt be back by 10.15 otherwise your towels go - how restful when you are on holiday!!

There was at least 300 people if not more people by the lower pool - and there was one toilet which was down steps by the beach and in that toilet there was THREE CUBICLES - what a joke!! no wonder the pool was evacuated 3 times in one week as people clearly couldnt be bothered to take their children to the toilet. Never in my life have I stayed at a hotel that has had a poo accident. That really sums it up - lazy parenting. Cannot be bothered to put their children in swim nappies!

So for the rest of our holiday we where resident in the quite pool - which was much more pleasant. Still the same rule about the towels though. My husband had to set his alarm clock on holiday to get there intime.

The main restaurant was like a canteen it was very very busy, and very very noisy. I have no idea as to why they had to have a blarring cd playing and it was the same cd every single day. The staff where worked extremely hard not their fault really. Just bad management really. The food itself was nice edible, and I really cannot see what people complain about as really there was plenty of choice for all.

You get some vouchers given to you with a letter when you arrive. Those are for eating at the other restaurants. Inconvently you have to go to each restaurant at a set time in the day between 1pm - 5pm. So if you are at the top pool you have to go all the way down and book. A little inconvenient in extreame temperatures.

We booked The Mediterrean which was AWFUL. We sat down and ordered our main course. I sat wondering if there was any starters. I asked and I got a reply go round the corner help yourself. Great! What great service. The food on the menu was rubbish.

The Indian - was nice but the portions where awful. There was abqout 3 pieces of chicken in an adults portion. S

The Chinese - was Ok nothing special again portion size very small and the service was awful and it was not that busy.

The Villager Diner was the best one - but felt very rushed to get out.

I was very surprised that there was nowhere to have a light lunch on the beach just a bar. What a shame!! They apparently did have one but it didnt work out - how odd. Such lovely views. There is some snacks at the lower pool where all the hussle and bustle is - but it is chips and burgers and if that is want you want to eat then great.

Ice cream, well if you wanted an ice cream you would have to go to the kiosk which is situated by the main restaurant. So please think ahead you are only allowed one ice cream a day and that is after lunch!! I have always had the option to have an ice cream by the bar when I have been to an all inclusive resort.

I would not say this is an all inclusive resort as you simply have nothing to eat after lunchtime if you get abit hungry like fruit etc. So if you have lunch at 12.30 and your table at dinner is booked at 20.30hrs you will be hungry. Ideally some fruit on platters would be nice by the bars perhaps?

If you want to book a trip simply come out the hotel and turn right - you will see a little kiosk called Falcon - they are very reasonable and really friendly. We booked quad bikes and a trip on a glass bottom boat for 1hr. Really nice people.

Enteraintment - First Choice where fantastic with their clubs for children, my daughter went a few times. But I have to say we would not depend on this for our holiday as my daughter was happy with us and made some friends. Entertainement for adults was pretty non exisent!

I found the staff quite rude - compared to the staff in nearby hotels in Sharm. The reception staff where the worst. Very rude and very defensive. The only member of staff that really was exceptional was Andrew who worked very hard in extreme weather conditions at the bar by the quite pool.

I would defiantly go back to Sharm again but not here. But of course if you like Butlins this is for you!!

1 Thank luckyladyMauritius
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village. We apologize you were not satisfied with the overall stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed at the resort from the 27th June until 11th July, once checked in which was very easy and quick, we was escorted to our room by a member of staff. The hotel was just simply amazing, had lots to do and was very entertaining for all ages. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the shops within the resort was reasonable priced and staff within the shops were also very friendly. The hotel was kept very clean and wherever you went, you would see the staff hard at work! We had our meeting with the first choice team where they explained everything and answered any questions and went through the excursions. Our room was amazing! clean and the air conditioning was very good and kept us cool during the night! The housekeeping done a fantastic job always saying hello and always there to help you! We booked through first choice (excursions) go karting, water park, soho square, royal seascope and scuba diving, we also booked a 5 in 1 trip with falcon excursions which is just outside the complex (highly recommend!) all trips were amazing and blew our minds away, the coaches were always on time and the guides were very knowledgeable and very helpful! The restaurants were very nice and you have the choice of 4 al a carte restaurants aswell which you need to book 48 hours prior to going. The food was just out of this world, we can not fault the team at all! Only thing we got told at our meeting which we cant fault them at all is if you want to have a camel ride DO NOT go outside the resort because they trick you once on the camel they wont let you back down until you pay something ridiculously! (this didn't happen to us but they said it had happened before) go to the guy who is on the beach for the camel ride, he is very friendly and doesn't charge over the top prices! also outside of the resort there is a few good shops where we brought souvenirs from which was called Adam's watches where we brought beats from, Adam is a lovely bloke who helps you out and offers his products for very reasonable prices! So if your going there definitely check him out! We had a lovely time and cannot fault the resort at all, thank you for everything and we will definitely be seeing you guys again next year! :) Louise and Jake x

Room Tip: We stayed in a double room, but they do have swim up rooms which looked amazing!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L0uise_x0
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Holiday Village, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your family holiday at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more amazing.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Returned to this holiday village this year as was there last year too...Again...what a fantastic holiday.The hotel staff could not be more efficient both in cleaning of rooms, poolside or in the restaurants and the first choice team are also very helpful....kids clubs are great for the kids and the daily pool activities help to break up that very hot midday heat! Walking distance to the gorgeous beach and the beautiful views is totally amazing...The choice of onsite restaurants guarantees something for everyone too....the new American/Mexican diner is also a welcome addition. We ventured on a snorkelling experience this year and it was excellent and we loved seeing all the dolphins swimming beside our boat- Just outside the resort (2 min walking distance) there is a wee booth area for Falcon excursions where you can book these outings at a cheaper rate and the staff are so very helpful... they are a must to check out!!!!.they also supply wifi dongles...£20 for 1 week and £35 for 2 weeks...we used our phones and ipads at the same time and this was no problem at all and had loads of data for the 2 weeks... cant recommend Falcon enough to all you who take a trip here.....
The evening entertainment also offered everyone something...my kids enjoyed the new xbox and playstation that they have in the evenings at the arcade area and they spent hours on this playing as well as watching others.... the view bar is also great for when the kids are in kids clubs in the evening....
All round I really cant say anything bad about this hotel or their services and I will most definitely go back again

1 Thank Faith M
Dear Guests,

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more fantastic.

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Myself and my partner both in our 20s have just returned from a 2 week holiday at this hotel. When we first arrived at the hotel it was about 23:30, the resturants were closed, we were all handed with a food parcel which I was impressed by. The grounds looked amazing at night, and I couldn't believe the size! Our room was amazing!! The bathroom was huge! The shower could fit about 8 people in! and the walk in waldrobe was a god send!!
The first few days, we were very impressed by everything and everyone at the hotel. The food was lovely and we were definitely saying how we would return to the hotel the following year.
However after our first week came to an end, we were becoming tired and fed up of the same food day in day out, and we ate out of the hotel quite a few times.
The only major downfall of this hotel is the entertainment. I think the team are of a poor quality, and when speaking to other couples and families the opinion seemed to be mutual. I cant comment on the activities in the day time, and I think children seemed to enjoy the evening entertainment, but it really was bad.
There is an adult only bar at the hotel which we went 2 twice in the 2 weeks, it was sooooo boring!!! I think if your not under 10, or over 45 then there is nothing at this hotel to entertain you.
Myself and my partner just ventured out, and went to a few bars and clubs outside the hotel and in Na'am bay.
Overal I had a lovely holiday, and would definitely return to sharm, however just not this hotel due to the lack of entertainment, however i cant fault much, the staff were always polite and helpful!! Although one thing i will add... I went on a dolphin excursion which some members from the entertainment team were also one as it was their day off, they were so rude, making comments about people staying at the hotel, one in particular 'Its more packed in here then ever at the holiday village, however theres no dolphins at our hotel, more beach whales' and one of the football coaches made a dig at my partner about something.

Room Tip: Not for couples
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly welcome every opportunity to improve.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.