“Not much all inclusive”

Ranked #24 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Stockton on tees
“Not much all inclusive”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Everything was fab, entertainment, cleaners, pools, service, waiters, food choice at main meal times, altho all inclu there was nothing much available in-between meals apart from warmed up chips!! and restaurant shuts inbetween meals.

• Stayed January 2014
6 Thank Shellyloo
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Holiday Village, responded to this review, 28 September 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,834)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Dear Ahmed

My husband and I have just returned from a eleven night stay at your hotel. We wanted to email to say a huge thank you for the best holiday we have ever had. Every single member of staff were so friendly and helpful adding to the experience of our stay. During our holiday my husband became unwell and your staff were fantastic, helping in anyway they could to make a difficult situation easier. The restaurant staff were amazing arranging for us to have our meals in our room as my husband was unable to get out of bed. Please thank your staff on our behalf. We would like to give every one of them a mention but cannot remember all of their names, but Hermina in the view bar was fantastic making it his mission to track down my husbands glasses after ther were taken by a Russian holiday maker. Mohammed at the beach made us smile and feel special, Moas made us laugh a lot, Wael was wonderful and always had time to talk and joke with us. Hassan from the water sports centre was great and added to our holiday. A big thank you to the spa and the ladies who massaged us they were lovely. We have already booked to return next year with our daughter and her family which is something we rarely do and it because we know we will have the best holiday again.
A big thank you
Mrs Ronette Gray.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ronette G
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This was our 5th visit to this hotel and it never fails to please. Excellent on all counts, we love the place. We especially like the swim up rooms with your own sun beds & the pool at the end of your terrace area. Well worth paying extra for.
All the staff are friendly & hard working despite the heat, which at times is extremely hot!
Special mention to A Salam, really friendly, who kept us supplied with drinks all day round the pool. Mohamed the housekeeper who kept the room beautifully, Sherif from the VIP breakfast who makes excellent omelettes & Siaed who worked in both the main restaurant & the Sari Indian restaurant.
Food is always well prepared with plenty of choice & the food in the Sari restaurant was outstanding as usual. The Village Diner is also well worth a visit as is the Stonegrill. The Stonegrill isn't part of the all inclusive but is excellent value for money with the most awesome, huge steaks cooked right in front of you.
Don't be put off by any negative reports, this hotel is first class for adults & children alike & we will be returning soon!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Jackiefwog
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your excellent review; it was indeed a pleasure to read. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your 5th stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your 6th stay with us even more memorable.

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have been to resort before and have always had a great holiday, rooms very clean with good service good selection of food, all of the staff and managment always friendly and very helpful great time and will be going back

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank philip S
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First visit - Our first visit to this hotel was in September 2012 just as the Watchdog scandal was aired and I must say we were quite worried. It was our first visit to Egypt and our first Holiday village experience. Well from the moment we arrived I just knew it was going to be great. Fantastic reception service, lovely room in block 13 and just an absolutely wonderful 2 weeks holiday! Our daughter was 9 and loved it. No upset tummys to report.

Second visits - October 2013 2 weeks - WOW - I just love this place! (I had reviewed when I returned but it must not of gone through properly)
My sister and her new husband joined us for their honeymoon with their little toddler. Everything was perfect they even arranged for their room to be decorated via the kids club reps. Plus they got their honeymoon package.
As for us it was a repeat of the previous year with added extras - New diner on the beach was lovely. It the best hotel I have been to for al a carte choices for All inclusive.

Only 1 thing disappointed us this visit and this was the change in facilities for snacks. No more outside part which made it easier to get food etc.

Food, room, sunbed availability, bars, kids club and I5LIVE were all just fab. No upset tummys to report.

We can't wait to come again but are struggling with prices in school holidays :(

Room Tip: Loved block 5 - Select room is worth the extra
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Darcyss
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your 2nd holiday at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your 3rd stay.

Goole
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Resort- went with two young children but didn't feel completely at ease when venturing out, so generally stayed on the hotel complex. Considering the time of year, it didn't seem particularly busy and the groups of men hanging on street corners looked my ominous then perhaps they were. Given the above comments we never saw the slightest suggestion that there was any trouble of any kind when on the main street.

The hotel was on the sea and the view when in the water was amazing. Also guaranteed sunshine every day.

The hotel- a big sprawling complex which meant a walk to the pool and beach. The gardens on the walk were well maintained and this provided us with a little bit of exercise. The hotel provided transportation to the rooms with cases following on, so inconvenience kept to a minimum. Five different restaurants and different bars to choose from. There was a late bar for adults only, plus five pools. Some rooms had swim up pools. We considered this but felt as our children are 9 and 6 that they'd want to be in the man pool with all the action. This proved to be the case, as a family we met hardly used theirs for this reason.

The room- as good as any I have stayed in on my travels. A huge spacious main bedroom, with a second room partitioned with sliding doors, where the children slept. The walk in wardrobe gave us plenty of storage. Appliances in the room were all working fine and there was plenty of mirrors for my wife and daughter to get ready in! There was a mini bar in the room, stocked daily and competitively priced. (A can of beer was £20 Egyptian, which is roughly £1.60). The bathroom was split into three sections, with the toilet, shower and sink all separated by doors.
The main issue with the room was the initial smell of the drains, which was addressed following a call to reception. We also had a shower unit that despite three calls continued to flood into the basin area. It was obviously a recurring problem, as there were two towels placed between the two parts of the bathroom. I was disappointed as it was a potential slip hazard which they never resolved.

The food- again an area which I found positive, although we all at one stage or other had stomach trouble. The separate restaurants had a good choice of options and it was possible to buy wine by the bottle. The local options were much cheaper than those imported from Europe, however its a question of taste as to whether you would want to pay around £25 for a bottle of wine.
Mediterranean- nice enough. Lamb was nice but over cooked. Plenty of kids options
Indian- a tough one to replicate and not as I would have liked but no complaints
Oriental- very good. I don't eat Chinese food at home but this was Ok. service excellent
Diner- personally my favourite, although others who'd been hadn't agreed. this was because they did some excellent fajitas. Again service was excellent, made all the better by a classical guitarist playing in the background.
steakhouse- this was the only place you needed to pay and the fillet steak was fine. The kids thought it was great that they could cook their food at the table. My only disagreement with this place was the lack of air conditioning, which coupled with the heat of the hot plate made it a little uncomfortable. We were also sat near to a speaker, which took away something from the experience. Suggest sitting away from the corner if you decide to go!
Something else which was a really nice touch was the staff brought a cake out for my wife's birthday and sang to us.
Canteen (or main restaurant)- great choice, fresh options daily. There's absolutely no reason to go there and only eat chips pizza, burgers etc. (although its your choice as you're on holiday!!)

The drinks- beer was nice enough but the soft drinks were a bit syrupy. Be careful about the amount of spirits that you are given, as it's likely they will be over generous.

The staff- throughout the hotel everyone was friendly. Those who spoke English were at an advantage and they genuinely seemed friendly and wanted to help and make the experience enjoyable. Also I noted that children were treated equally to parents and weren't by-passed by other guests or by the staff working there. It's an important note for me as in some other countries this is not the case. The cleaner made us a different animal with a towel every day, which the kids loved. The bar men in each of the bars knew us and the children by name from day one.

The entertainment staff- as our children wanted to spend time in the pool we didn't get to know too many of the staff as we have done in previous years. There was a kids club but I can't comment as we never used it. Our kids did to take to one of the ladies there- Hannah. She seemed genuine, full of energy and always spoke to the children, even when not actually working. with some of the others it seemed a little less natural. I don't wish to name people, as our involvement with them was minimal and it may have been my perception but I'm pretty use when the team brought out a floating obstacle course that I heard one of the men put a child in a life vest and then say 'Go away'

The pool and pool experience- we found the pool was perfect for us. It was a good five minute walk from our room but there were two slides a splash pool as well as the quieter pools to choose from. Sunbed protocol was difficult to fathom. Apparently some people had bribed the pool attendants to get beds, however this was strenuously denied by the hotel management. Some times it was necessary to go down at 6am to get sunbeds with a parasol (essential if you have children). Even then there were people out- for me that's not holiday behaviour! The policy changed half way through the holiday- without warning. If you put towels on a bed before 7 and you weren't there, they were removed. If you'd got towels and beds and weren't back by ten they were also removed. If this was a rigid policy, it remained in place for only a few days, hence it was never something I properly got to grips with.

The people- 90% from the UK (all over) and 10% from Russia. This may account for the reason the kids got served but doesn't account for the sunbed situation, as we used to blame this on the Germans! Russians generally kept themselves to themselves. Everyone was friendly and civil. When we did venture out one guy told me his hotel had people 'from all nationalities and walks of life'. He mentioned a few issues, however there are only someone else's view point therefore its not appropriate for me to comment.

In summary- there are a lot of positives to the hotel and resort and it has suffered in recent years due to unrest in the region. Do not let that put you off, as it is as tightly guarded as anywhere, however conversely this was maybe one of the issues I had that they were too visible. We might go back in a few years but not just yet.

Room Tip: If you've stayed with the Holiday Village chain before let them know- they will give you a gold...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank James C
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village; we greatly depends on our valuable guests feedback and welcome every opportunity to improve. On a positive note, thank you for the recognition of our standards and the friendliness of our team members; your compliments will be shared with the team. Secondly, I was concerned to read that we have dropped the ball in some areas and I am sorry you were disappointed. I can advise you however, that your review will be used to consider possible improvements needed and we hope you might give us the chance to show you what we have done.
If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

bedfordshire
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We went to the holiday village at the end of July, overall the food was really good, especially the buffet. Everywhere was very clean, there is even hand gel outside the restaurant to use as you go in and out. The al a carte restaurants were a little disappointing, if I went again I would probably stick to the main restaurant.
The pools were very warm, and there was plenty to do during the day. We went to the kids disco a few times, which the children enjoyed.
We had a "kids den" room, this meant there was a room for the kids with a bunk bed, bean bags and TV. We were sold this room as a way of having peace from the kids.... We hardly spent any time in the room and they failed to mention where in the hotel this room was. The room was located next to the main pool, this was nice to get quickly to the pool but is also right next to the family evening entertainment which goes on till 2330 hours and near to the adult only bar where the entertainment goes on till midnight. All very loud. Also we had the "pleasure" of being woken up at 1am on the tues morning with the hotel next to ours having a beach party. The music was so loud we could have been sat next to the speaker at the beach. It woke us all up, this went on until 4.30am. After numerous calls to reception they just said "it's the hotel next door, it happens every tues"- why would you locate family rooms here when you know this happens every week?
Wi fi in the reception lobby, not great connection.
We went on the "mega day" to the water park sold through Thomson, this was quite expensive, you got lunch and drinks included but the park itself was quite run down and I don't think families with older children would be entertained for long.
We also went on a glass bottomed boat ride and quad biking through falcon adventures just down the road from the hotel. The quad biking was brilliant and the guide was very entertaining.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for kids room unless you want to be kept awake by entertainment and beach partie...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank tinytash
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Holiday Village Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.