We went to Sharm for a week in the last week of April...
The hotel itself is lovely, the rooms were massive and beautifully laid out. Lots of lovely big towels and a really huge bed! Our room was always cleaned spotlessly and the room attendant was never intrusive.
The pool area is wonderful and well equipped with sunbeds, parasols and wind breakers. I didn't find the planes flying overhead too noisy and overall the hotel was really lovely.
However, I have to say I was not impressed by the staff. There was an overwhelming ambivalence in their attitude towards us. The pool bar alternated between sleazy and aloof... The plastic outdoor glasses were often dirty and there was no apology if you asked them to get a clean glass. The waiters in the main restaurant were also a bit off hand which was disappointing.
The food was average: We always found something to eat but the food could be bizarre at times... One night was mainly seafood which was a bit of a problem for my partner as he doesn't eat fish. Breakfast was by far the nicest meal of the day, fresh omelettes were lovely.
Overall, this is a great hotel... I wouldn't bother staying All inclusive again as I don't think they really understand it as a concept (I have stayed in a few AI resorts which were truly AI) and there are plenty of places to eat elsewhere. The staff let this hotel down for me which is a shame as the actual resort is fantastic.
PS I would definately recommend the Thai restaurant... yes its pricey but that was one of the best thai meals I have eaten!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious, modern designed Maritim Dive Resort is a gorgeous 5 star resort comfortably spread over 200,000 sqm of lush, landscaped gardens. The hotel's oversized rooms are only some of the extravagant luxuries that make this the perfect place for relaxation for you and your family. Neighboring the Jolie Ville International Congress Center, the resort takes pride in its ability to welcome both business and leisure travellers with top service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel And Resort
- Sharm El Sheikh Peninsula
- Peninsula Sharm El-Sheikh