“Fantastic resort”

Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort
Ranked #78 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I am writing this review the day before I leave to go home, I had read all the reviews before I came most were very positive a few negative reviews. I decided to pay the extra to upgrade my room I am in room 5810 just by main pool area and dining room , the room is spotless very spacious and is the best room I have ever stayed in. The food is excellent always something for everyone , the staff in dining room are excellent specially Amhed who as been realy nice to us.pool bar is excellent they do lovely dinner time snacks which are brought to your table, the beach is 5 minutes away and very beautiful only downside many steps to climb back up, the bar there is nice and the meals are first class and the staff there very friendly and polite.
The complex is very spacious lovely grounds all the staff are polite and friendly always say hello , I will certainly be coming back here again but perhaps when the temperature is a bit cooler.
I would certainly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Certainly well worth paying to upgrade , rooms are massive , bathroom is fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
16  Thank david479
Menno_De_Boer, Hotel Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for posting a TripAdvisor review; pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your praises for the various staff members especially Ahmed will be shared with them and they will be so happy in return

Looking forward your next visit

Reviewed 31 July 2012

All restaurant crew was very pleasure and proffesional. They speak english and they make delicious drinks ;-) My family have there time of my life. The swimming pool was so big, i have never seen so big swimming pool! Water has cold enought

Room Tip: Every rooms was good enought
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Joanna H

Dear Valuable Guest,

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again

Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

This is our 4th time in Sharm and the 4th different hotel.
Overall the hotel was very clean, the rooms a good size and well worth the £10 a night upgrade to an executive suite.
The bathrooms were really clean with good powerful showers.
Although not on the beach, the 5 minute shuttle bus which runs every 30 mins was ideal. Always on time.
The beach was tidy with ample sunbeds and a nice beach bar where you can get lunch. Although the choice for all inclusive wasn't great, the food and service was good. Suggest changing the menu every other week?
You didn't get pestered here either by people selling excursions etc.
The snorkelling was good off the pier.
The food in the main restaurant was disappointing . It only rated with the other lower grade hotels that we have previously stayed in.
Could be better!!!
The al Forno restaurant was really nice and the Thai was fantastic!! Brilliant food at a good price.
The pool bar was just fine and with the able assistance of Mahmoud, we were well looked after for the whole 2 weeks.
Plenty of sunbeds and you didn't need to get up early to get a space. Just turn up any time of the day and you will find plenty.
I tried a Thai Massage and found the spa a really soothing calm place and Aei certainly found muscles I didn't know that I had!!!
The Gym is well equipped and modern
The shops were quite expensive and you can find things much cheaper in Naama Bay.
We did arrive a week before Ramadam and found a lot of Egyptians staying.
They were quite rude on the whole and possibly worse than the Russians!!
After staying in and visiting many hotels in Sharm, this hotel has great value for money.
If you want everything perfect then go stay at the Four Seasons!!
I would definatly go back here

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank marky472003
Menno_De_Boer, Hotel Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Your comment about the food will be into consideration to see where improvements can be done

Waiting for your next visit

Reviewed 30 July 2012

When we arrived at the resort (at around 10pm local time) we were really pleased with first impressions. The lobby, our rooms and the bar appeared very clean and modern and seemed around a 4/5* quality (the rest was in the dark). The hotel really does look nice and is very well kept. The pool is absolutely massive and there is no struggle with sunbeds etc. The rooms are the same- really big with a decent number of channels on the TV (but why would you watch TV on holiday you ask? I will get to that shortly!).

The primary complaints about this hotel are simply this:

SICKNESS! My whole family were extremely ill- the stomach cramps that coincide with the vomiting and diarrhoea are hideous and it appears that there really isn't any way of avoiding it. I am personally convinced that it came from the shower/water (we used bottled water as much as possible, but you will have to keep bringing them to your room yourself as there are none in the fridge) and not the food as we all ate completely differently. There is a pharmacy in the hotel, but the medication is very expensive (we needed antibiotics, anti cramping tablets, Antinal and rehydration sachets). We were very thankful for the TV at this point!

There is no evening 'entertainment'....none....The hotel seems to turn into a ghost town after dinner, and after one night of listening to what we thought was terrible karaoke (turns out, this lady WAS the 'entertainment') we understood why! We spent the majority of our stay in our room in the evenings playing cards and watching films (another bonus of decent channels).

The food is pretty boring, not much change in menu and you have to eat at certain times, which is annoying if you have plans for the day, or (like us) had to leave for the airport in-between meal times, so we couldn't eat before we left the hotel. Breakfast is only 'continental' and we gave up in the end as an omelette every day gets very boring! They are a bit stingy with what they give you in terms of portion sizes, you never really get the feeling that food is particularly plentiful and you normally need to ask for more (for example- mini burgers....clue is in the name!). Saying this though- we did on one occasion order room service and the difference in quality of the food we got then from the usual buffet stuff was markedly better! (at a price obviously).

The staff at this hotel very obviously have quite a problem with each other in places, we witnessed a fair bit of arguing between the staff and watched in horror as two of the pool music people almost got into a full on fist fight in front of everyone around the pool!

All in all, I wouldn't return to the hotel, just for fear of ever getting that ill again and the boredom of just sunbathing, however, maybe we were just unlucky and if you want nothing but relaxation and a nice pool, then go for it (Just make sure you have things to do in the evenings!). I also think going in July didn't help as it was 41+ degrees every day (30+ degrees at night) which made leaving the hotel to explore almost unbearable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank lisahenry1
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I would class this hotel as a 2-3 star resort and to be honest that's me being generous! I have stayed in 5 star American AI and 2 star Greece so trust me I am easy going, quite frankly the only reason this hotel has the 5 stars is because of the spa and sister hotels!

Initially we were happy a pretty looking resort nice grounds but behind that reception is not what I would call paradise! Yes the rooms are a decent size but not clean our sheets were not changed once in the two weeks, the mini bar is meant to be stocked with water but never is this was even mentioned to the rep Moddy but still nothing was done about it.

Customer service does not exist at this resort there are maybe two-three exceptions ahmed in the buffet and mahmoud around the pool bar. We were looking forward to indulging in plenty of food and drink but this did not happen after a near hospital trip I did not want to see the buffet food again, I am also very picky with food so stick to chicken/rice basically the essentials! Spending two weeks on a toilet and not knowing when you will be sick again is not my idea of a holiday. We were not the only people to experience the Maritim Bug we heard plenty other English people discussing their stomach issues during our stay. One staff member even stated 'the food is no good here'.

We tried to enjoy the Maritim but found it very difficult, they are not generous considering you are paying for 'AI' they have a ten minute drink rule which when they give you the tiniest of cups is not acceptable! One of the beach bar staff thought that we had made a complaint about him (must have got confused with all of the other English people that had complained) he was extremely rude and quoted 'I am watching you and you' to me and my Fiancé then continued to give us deadly stares! The list seriously goes on and on we tried to put everything behind us but were never left at ease.

I hardly saw anybody smiling throughout our stay we made the most of it because we were with friends who we love spending time with. If you really are looking to stay at this resort I would advise you to not go AI If you are eating of a night go to the Thai its the best choice out of the three options they give you a 33le supplement towards your meal Per Person. I would try and make the most out of Soho and Naama, If you do go to Naama be prepared for the Egyptian men to propose an offer to buy you, if you are single ladies then avoid I have heard plenty of horror stories - you constantly need to be on your guard which is not the idea when your on holiday! Needless to say we will not return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lk1234c
Menno_De_Boer, Hotel Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for posting a TripAdvisor review; regret to know that you hadn’t a pleasant stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Concerning the water we have a problem to provide the water bottles as the factories can’t supply us with it due to the fuel problem

For the other negatives I will make a full investigation about it and hard actions will be taken to make sure that such will not happen again

Once again sorry for being not satisfied with our service

Hopefully we can get another chance to change your idea

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Hi all i was really looking forward to my 2 week annual holiday to this hotel. My husband and my self went with ,my sister and her husband my son and his wife. we cannot fault the rooms or the cleanliness of them as this was excellent,the food was appauling it was the same thing every night just with a different sauce and named as something different. some times the fish wasnt cooked right through. The pool bar was something else you where lucky to get cold water it was usually warm or one of the bar men would throw it at at you. the restraunt staff where all very nice and helpful,as where the panorama bar staff. we all had diarrhoea the 2 weeks we where there.
we had seen the bar staff at the pool bar putting the slops from the orange machine back into the machine. i have stayed at many all inclusive hotels all over the world this has to have been the worst one ever.

Entertainment left a lot to be desired the activity team where very good especally zoe she mmade sure she spoke to most of the guest daily well done to them the hotel should not expect them to dress up in disney character suits in that heat.
The spa team where supereb also also very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Garden view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank EnglandToffee1

Dear Valuable Guest,

About the negatives you mentioned I will make a full investigation about it and hard actions will be taken to make sure that such will not happen again

Once again sorry for being not satisfied with our service

Hopefully we can get another chance to change your idea

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed here with my husband and two boys (aged 16 and 12) from 14-24 July 2012. It is a lovely hotel. No fighting for sunbeds. We went all inclusive. I really do not know what other people expect but there was a good variety every day! From burgers to Thai curries to the Roast beef! Every night was a different theme in the restaurant. The staff in the restaurant are extremely busy but very helpful and attentive. None of us got the dreaded 'tummy upset' except for my husband through too much alochol! Everything in this hotel is clean and the staff work hard to maintain the grounds. The management of this hotel were very helpful and the Thai Spa is great! The gym is ultra modern. When all inclusive you have a 'free' meal at the Italian. Do use this as the Italian restaurant was lovely. We also went to the Thai restaurant a couple of times (you do get a credit towards your bill). It wasnt expensive and the food was gorgeous! If you want a hotel on the beach then i suggest you book a hotel on the beach front. This hotel has a complimentary bus to their private beach - it is about 5 mins on the bus. We used this service and it was fine. I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it was lovely! We upgraded our superior room to an executive one and it was well worth the upgrade. It was roughly £10 per night to upgrade.

Room Tip: upgrade on arrival - its cheaper and well worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank RyShaz
Menno_De_Boer, Hotel Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for posting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula and enjoyed our facilities

Hopefully we can get a chance to welcome you once again