We stayed for 11 nights at the beginning of June. We had booked a standard room but on arrival we were taken (by golf cart) around to room 5501 which was a large corner room with the biggest bed I've ever seen, a lovely seating area, huge wardrobes and a fab bathroom with double sinks, bath and shower! First impressions were very good! It was about 6.30pm so we headed straight over to the main restaurant for dinner. There was a fairly good selection - lots of fresh bread and salad (which is washed with bottled water so is safe to eat) and a choice of meats. My partner and I tend to stick with what we know food-wise but even so there was always plenty to chose from. The dinner buffet has a different theme every night so it doesn't get too repetitive & there is a BBQ a few nights which was great.
We only ate lunch in the main restaurant on our first day so can't comment too much on this but I think the food is fairly similar to the dinner selection. Instead, we chose to eat at the pool bar most days. They have an all-inclusive 3 course menu with 2-3 options for each day of the week (this is the only place that serves chips in the hotel so great for kids. They also had burgers/pizzas/pasta). The food is all cooked to order so arrives at your table piping hot- I would definitely recommend it.
I really enjoyed breakfast at the hotel - huge selection of pastries, bread, fresh fruit & cooked foods such as sausages (not pork), eggs & omettes. I cannot praise the staff in the restaurant and pool bar enough - they work incredibly hard and really go out of their way to make your dining experience a special one. Ahmed in the main restaurant was a super star and always remembered our drink orders.
The entertainment team also work very hard during the day to keep everyone entertained around the pool. If you are not interested in joining in then just tell them No and they will leave you alone. The same goes for the other hotel staff that come over to your sunbed during the day (e.g. the guys from the spa) - they will hunt out all the new people but if you tell them you are not interested they won't hassle you again. I was quite disappointed with the evening entertainment - they seem to have the same group of dancers come in every night or every other night which was really boring and repetitive. The nights with audience participation were much better (e.g. Mr hotel / Music Quiz/ Mr & Mrs Hotel). For me, the evening entertainment was probably the only thing that lets this hotel down slightly. There is of course the option to leave the hotel in the evenings and we did this several times - I can recommend going to Soho Square and Hollywood (both a 10min drive away). They both have great fountain shows and the chance to do some shopping or grab some food/drinks/shisha.
We went to the beach at the sister hotel 3 times throughout our stay - we hopped on the shuttle bus which comes every half an hour and the journey is only 5 mins. The beach is lovely and calm and a great opportunity to go snorkelling! They also have an all-inclusive pool bar and restaurant here with yummy food!
The hotel grounds are immaculate- the gardeners all work very hard and I'm sure they don't get the recognition they deserve. The cleaners also work extremely hard - the hotel was kept clean and tidy throughout our stay and our bedroom was cleaned every day.
There is wifi available in the reception area.
Overall, our holiday at Jolie Ville was amazing and we would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious, modern designed Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula is a gorgeous 5 star resort comfortably spread over 200,000 sqm of lush, landscaped gardens. The hotel's oversized rooms are only some of the extravagant luxuries that make this the perfect place for relaxation for you and your family. Neighboring the Jolie Ville International Congress Center, the resort takes pride in its ability to welcome both business and leisure travellers with top service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel And Resort
- Sharm El Sheikh Peninsula
- Peninsula Sharm El-Sheikh