Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Domina Coral Bay Sultan(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Dessole Nesco Joyous(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Elisir Thalasso & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Domina King's Lake Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Domina Coral Bay Oasis(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Dessole Nesco Waves(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Mazar Resort & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
2,029 results
All reviewspool barnaama bayanimation teamprivate beachitalian restaurantbeauty salonfishon an all inclusive basisthe free shuttle busice creamtwo weekshouse keepingspecial thanksmain barbelly dancingpastafive star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2010

My wife, 6 year old grandson and I spent a week recently at the Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula – I have read lots of other reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel / resort and agree with the opinion of the majority of visitors.

The massive rooms and extremely large pool are outstanding and very clean

We went ‘all inclusive’ which was OK but you can feel at times like ‘second class’ with less varied menus smaller drinks and bigger queues
Lack of cups and glasses still seem to be a problem but delays seem only a few minutes.
Staff on the front desk were very attentive and resolved any issues almost straight away unfortunately staff in the dining rooms and bars were not as good and a few could be almost be described as rude.
There were however 2 - 3 really good waiters who show you how much better it could be.

Airport is on the final approach to the airport but didn’t bother us or other guests we spoke too and is a quick transfer!

Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Menno_De_Boer, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2010

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor Review and kind comments.

Great to see that you enjoyed your holiday and didn’t let some of our drawbacks get in the way of enjoying our facilities.

Reviewed 23 August 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Peninsula 23rd July - 5th Aug and had a fantastic holiday! The hotel is absolutely stunning, the cleanest and most spacious hotel room we have ever stayed in - no complaints. The bathroom in particular was beautiful, very clean, 'his and her' sinks, bath with shower plus walk-in shower - loved it! The housekeeper did a great job every day and was very pleasant although he did leave our door open once by mistake!!!! It could have been left open for a few hours but we'll never know so this is obviously concerning, however, nothing was taken or even touched. We reported it to the hotel Manager and left it at that. The hotel staff were lovely, especially at the pool bar. They looked after us :-) Hello to M Hegazy who was fantastic. The pool area was great - very spacious, didnt feel at all crowded and getting a sun lounger was never ever a problem, We especially liked the towel system at the pool and beach - you give your towel cards and get clean towels daily. Such a great idea. The pool was very well kept and clean. We went to the Thai restaurant twice which was really nice. The restaurant decor is gorgeous and the food very good quality. We were not all inclusive so didnt have the buffet dinner but enjoyed the breakfast which provided a vast variety of food to choose from. One complaint aboout the breakfast was that they ran out of clean glasses every morning and we had to wait around until new ones came out. This is quite minor but we would recommend that the hotel gets more glasses as it did happen every day! The hotel entertainment was pretty poor and is the one area that the Peninsula need to re-think. It caters more for a Russian audience and is pretty boring, But sometimes funny! We got the free shuttle bus or a taxi into Naama Bay or Old Market most nights. The beach area is beautiful with a jetty, coral and hundreds of lovely fish! No need to pay for a snorkeling trip - we just bought snorkel equipment in Naama Bay, it was great. All in all a wonderful holiday and an amazing hotel which we would highly recommend for families or couples and we will definitely stay here again when we return to Egypt!! Many thanks, from Kate and Kurt, Room 5602 ;-)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Kate & Kurt,

Very pleased to learn you truly enjoyed your vacation and thank you for sharing this with us.

I have spoken with the Housekeeper to avoid doors being left open once they are done and glasses have been ordered to replace the broken ones.

Great to see you had such a good time and we hope you have an opportunity to visit again in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2010

They told me that they are full when i arrived.I had made a reservation 3 weeks ago and confirmed it 5 days ago. They moved us in their sister hotel Maritim Golf and resort with no extra cost of course. So i will write a complete review for that hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I've still got another few days remaining at the hotel, but thought I would write my review now. The hotel is beautifully laid out, spacious so you don't feel crowded. The rooms are spacious and kept exceptionally clean, our housekeeper was friendly and very chatty.
I booked my holiday through a tour operator on a B & B basis, our rep provided all information relating to local resturarants, places to go and see to get a real taste of Egypt, also providing us tips on the Egyptian culture of haggling and tipping, this you need to know to survive in Egypt. Not sure if I would have been provided with all this information if I had booked directly with the hotel. Be aware booking B & B only can be an expensive option, especially when you are constantly adding tips, but it is worth it for the 1st visit.
There are two main restuarants on the complex a Thai and Italian, the Thai resturant is beautifully laid out and the food delicious, only fault need to stipulate meals that contain peanuts, as my daughter experienced a severe reaction after eating a starter, which we were initially told was vegetarian.
The Italian menu was slightly limited but overall nice.
There is an additional place to eat, the buffet, here you come to have breakfast. We decided to do the lunch buffet, for paying guests this is 120EGP, not worth the money, as the food is limited in range. I had a baked potato, my daughter a plate of spaghetti dipped in tomato sauce.
A must, take the shuttle to the sister hotel and visit the beach, it is peaceful and you can snorkel off the jetty, the shuttle service runs every 20 minutes.
Took a trip to Naama Bay was not impressed, not my cup of tea, you do get hustled in this area to purchase goods.
If you want to get a real taste of Egypt recommend doing a trip to Luxor or Cairo, visited Luxor it was lush, met real Egyptians got to sail on a felucca along the nile, had a brilliant guide takes us round the historical sites of Luxor.
We still got to do a trip to Soho Square recommended by our rep, apparently this area is better than Naama Bay.
Females be aware of the attention from the male population, my 15 yr old daughter attracted much attention, some in jest, some I would have to comment on.
My only serious criticism about the hotel is the medical service, as I mentioned my daughter had a serious allergic reaction to the Thai meal due to the peanuts in a dish. When I called reception requesting a doctor, as the leaflet states a doctor is available 24 hrs, 7 days a week, I was told he was unavailable, then informed I would need to phone the pharmacy in Naama Bay this could take 30 minutes. On phoning this service I was passed to several people, thankfully I knew what she would need, as this happened to a friend. I waited nearly 50 minutes for the prescription to arrive, then had to pick it up from reception, fortunately during this time I managed to bring the swelling down in my daughter's throat and stopped the vomiting, that was restricting her breathing. Since the hotel is not close to any medical facilities, I think it is important that a doctor is at hand.Insult to injury the bill was 30 EGP, of course the courier turned up with no change, reception had no change, so I ended up tipping someone 15EGP for providing me medicine to assist my daughter.
I was not best pleased, as this could have turned out more serious.
Would I return to Egypt, answer is yes, but not too Sharm el Sheikh as you feel as thouugh your in a different world or even costa del sol.
Apart from my bad medical experience, overall the trip was pleasurable.
I would only recommend this hotel to someone, if the medical aspect improved as this is so important as we're not close to medical facilities

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Menno_De_Boer, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2010

Thank you for submitting a Trip Advisor review.

I will address the issue on the availability of the Doctor as I agree that health care is an important part of feeling safe and secure while on vacation.

Great to see you are enjoying your vacation and you are taking the opportunity to explore all that Sharm has to offer.

Menno De Boer, General Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2010

We have never been to Egypt before, and due to circumstances only booked a few days before we flow.
The room was fantastic, very large and very clean throughout our stay, very good sound proofing.
The whole complex was very clean and well presented.
The pool Bar-b-que was our favourite area, the staff were VERY friendly and good fun, the food was great and the drinks very colourful! Generally a very entertaining fun place to be with Hegase (sorry about the spelling!) and his team. Nothing was ever to much trouble.
Having visited many other 5star hotels in the Caribbean this hotel competes in many areas.
Unfortunately not all areas are as good as the pool bar.
Overall a very enjoyable holiday

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Menno_De_Boer, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2010

Thank you for completing a Tripadvisor review on the Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Resort and pleased to see you enjoyed your last minute choice.

I have passed on your compliments to Mohamed and his team at the Pool BBQ and we all hope you have an opportunity to visit Egypt again soon.