“Supreme location.”

Kanabesh Hotel Naama Bay
Ranked #189 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I had decided to spend New Year’s Eve 2012 in Sharm and so I booked at this hotel for my first time for 3 nights. I was a bit worried about the hotel being 3 stars and dated.

The music being played at the cafes just outside the hotel is not sleep-disturbing. It did not bother me or my wife who really gets sensitive to noises while trying to sleep. It's a far-away music in the background. You can however, clearly hear any loud conversations in the corridors / aisles between rooms. A couple was arguing outside our room while walking and I could hear everything. So one or two occurrences happened during the daylight and it wasn’t a problem.

There are two room types to choose from; the Moroccan or the normal room. If you enter the Moroccan room, there’s a bathroom right next to the room door. Then you either go down stairs or upstairs. This room is 3 levels. Downstairs you have the bed, TV, living room area and fridge. Upstairs is just the rooftop where you can lie down and enjoy some sun. Not all of these room’s rooftops have nice views. We took the normal room because it felt more spacious than the Moroccan room. Also you cannot watch the TV from bed in the Moroccan room; it is almost impossible. There is no private rooftop in the normal room but that was not important to us. The rooms were clean. The Moroccan room is a different kind of stay I will try in the future.

Food was basic. It tastes good. Breakfast and dinner were open buffets. For the dessert, it was lacking in both variety and taste big time.

I stayed in sharm many times over the past 6 years. Of all the hotels I stayed at, this was the best in terms of location. You walk out into the heart of Sharm's nightlife. It’s like every time I walked out, I opened a magic door that short cuts to the nightlife. Not only that, but if I walked out from the hotel backside, I find myself at the hotel's private beach. Perfect. They have their own swimming pool too.

Pricing for the rooms is very competitive. The hotel staff was generally very friendly and flexible. One awkward thing I found, was that safe boxes are in a room next to the reception. Yes, the safe is not in the room. So everytime I was leaving the hotel, I took my valuables with me to lock them away (which was not so convenient).The safe box opens with two keys. One is kept with you and the other with the hotel's reception. Dual control.

Overall, I will very likely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you are the type of person who cannot sleep except in dead silence, you may ask the hotel to show...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aly-Lee

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Rooms are old fashioned , nothing modern , the hotel generally not fancy , but Its very central and very practical . Well priced though not the cheapest. Stayed in a triple room for a diving trip. Its on the Passage , so its very Noisy at night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2010

After signing ourselves out from the very awful Royal Plaza Hotel, we booked 10 nights half board at the Kanabesh.

We felt that this hotel nursed us back to sanity after a horrible four days at a dreadful hotel. The staff, location and food are what make this hotel special. Lovely people - Alla Din - excuse me if that's not the correct spelling, Ahmed, lovely and helpful and so hard working, Peter - really pleasant, the lads on the beach and the other, (African chap), all of whom absolutely bent over backwards to make us feel really welcome, but more than that, treated us like royalty.

They were lovely with our little girl, bringing her little "presents" every day of fresh basil or hibiscus or jasmine flowers. No English people here, but we made friends with some lovely Egyptian people and an American/Egyptian family. Beautiful, mostly empty pool and very easy access to beach across the road in seconds.

In the evening, you are right on the main strip for shops and nightlife and yet it never gets noisy - we were right opposite all the bars and nightclubs and yet slept really well and felt very safe.

The half board is good - lovely breakfasts with good variety of eggs, bread, fresh fruit, coffee and fruit juice. Evening meals were always good - air conditioned restaurant - fresh fish every night and pasta, chicken, salad - other healthy options. Nice puddings too, if you have a sweet tooth, but mainly just good healthy food. I ate a reasonable amount, but came home having lost some weight from all the good stuff I ate!

The over all feeling we had was one of extreme gratitude as all the staff changed our minds about our holiday - it started out disastrously and ended up like being in a little bit of paradise.

Thank you all so much for making us feel so very welcome and taking us to your hearts as you did, when we really needed a bit of tender loving care.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank SallyK61
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Me and 4 friends spent the 2007-8 new year’s eve holiday down there !
This hotel is all about the best location and value.
From there, you may scuba dive, make a tour on to the Sinai Mount, hide a camel, relax at the hotel private beach, walk on the promenade, go shopping and so on.
Kanabesh is right in the heart of Naama bay and in front of the hottest nightclub in the city. My room was on the highest floor and was quiet. The room was very basic,but clean.
The beach is great, towels and beds cleaned regularly. They provide snorkels and volley balls as well.
The staff was very friendly.One of them arranged some tours for us, like a tricycle tour in the desert, night clubs cheaper tickets, new year’s eve party, etc.
The hotel has a nice swimming pool, ok breakfast and free internet wi-fi.
I would return back to Kanabesh.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fredthetraveler
Reviewed 31 December 2009

The hotel is truly a diamond in the rough!

The location is crucial in sharm, and this hotel is all about the best location, Right in the heart of Naama bay and in front of the hottest nightclub in the city. The rooms are cozy, Quiet (surprisingly, Considering its location). Some rooms have a private roof with sun beds for private sunbathing in the morning or a nice relaxing in the evening.

The staff is somewhat helpful, restaurant offers nice menus for breakfast and dinner. The bar offers a nice selection of cocktails, perhaps not the best wines.

The beach is great, towels and beds cleaned regularly.
Some of the rooms are built in authentic Egyptian style (Keeping the room cool) and that would explain the small windows in the upper part of the room

The triple rooms have two beds and a sofa in the basement and a single bed in the attic and the bathroom is in the ground floor. Double rooms are also cozy and all rooms are fitted with A/C and TV (although no one in their right mind would waste their vacation in front of a TV)

It is the best choice for people who are looking for a wonderful vacation with the best price!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank rashmataz
Reviewed 7 May 2008

Just got back from 1 weeks B&B In Hotel Kanabesh. We booked independently and read all the reviews before we went. We were pleasantly surprised it is in a fantastic spot, to the front of the hotel is the private beach with free sunbeds and towels which is cleaned daily. To the back of the hotel is the main strip of Restaurants, Bars, Shops and Nightclubs. There are no vehicles allowed in this area for security reasons, you won't need to hire a taxi during your stay, you are in the middle of the activity, although not noisy at nights. The rooms are authentic old Eqyptian Style, they remian cool because there is only a window in the bathroom and a skylight form the roof terrace. This is why the room remains cool, there is air conditioning too. The bedroom was in the basement, bathroom was on the ground floor and roof terrace on the top floor. It is only a 3* Hotel hence the cheap price, if you want 5* facilities then choose elsewhere. The location would be hard to beat. Even Eygptian families choose to stay there so that says something.

I would recomend it, but be prepaired the rooms are a bit basic. I chose it to be above average for the location and facilities.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank scobey
Reviewed 26 April 2008

We were staying at the Red Sea for three weeks. We wanted a central position for our 17 year olds to be able to wander and not have to get terrifying taxis. We stayed at the Kanabesh for four nights only as we were booked into the Tropitel as my partner wanted a superior hotel. The Kanabesh rooms are basic but clean, the food was perfectly fine, the staff and service as good as any hotel in the world (including the Hilton) with service with more than a smile the pool smashing and the location with regard to the beach - to die for. As a diver with non divers (although that changed after a fews days) the snorkling was great with just the right amount of coral. Next to the Hilton Farouz I think the Kanabesh has the best beach in Naama Bay. When we reluctantly moved to the Tropitel (also known as the Naama Bay hotel) the beach was noisy, so crowded we had to climb over other peoples daybeds! and grubby. The staff treated the guests like second rate citizens (something I have never known in my 13 trips to Egypt!) and we ended up returning to the Kanabesh beach as paying customers for some peace.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family