“Excelant”
Review of Aqua Blu Sharm

Aqua Blu Sharm
Ranked #42 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I had a great week in the hotel, the staff are always working really hard, animation team always give activities to do and I wasn't bored once, it is an amazing resort and can't wait to go back again next year :D

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Nats160597
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear Nats160597,

Warm greetings from Aqua Blu, Sharm el Sheikh, Pickalbatros Hotels & Nile Cruises.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review.

It has been a pleasure to host you & we are really happy, that you had a great week.

We will forward your positive comments to each department .

We are happy that you were not bored once.

Happy guests are for us a high concern and we would be glad to welcome you next year in our hotel including VIP treatment.

Please don’t hesitate to send us an email (grm@aquablusharm.com) with your room request for your next stay & we will do our best to fulfill your wishes as per hotel availability.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

myself,husband and 13 year daughter arrived at aqua blu on the 26/07/2012. we got to the hotel about 21.30 was shown to are room .The room was nice and clean and the cleaner we had for the two weeks was lovely.Kept the room nice and when i asked for extra pillows was no problem.
THE SWIMMING POOLS
The areas around the pool were not very clean .Where we sat for the two weeks they was glass coke bottles on the floor and was not clean up till the day before we came home.The hotel is open to the public everyday which i was not told when i booked.The toilet's were not checked and cleaned during the day and on our second week most of the time not wipes for your hands after you washed them.Also toilet rolls run out as well. To get a drink at the pool bar was hard work .my daughter would go to the bar and ask for three soft drinks and the bar man was so rude to her and other saying one only. There were in small plastic cups and the weather was in the 40 and i have problems walking and daughter was getting for me.
THE RESTAURANT
Well the food was much the same every day that i can live with.But the place is very dirty i have worked in a restaurant and if this one was in England it would have been shut down. The table's had the same dirt on them for days.They don't clean the tables, when anybody gets up from them they are just brushed off with the last persons napkin they have used.We did speak to our rep and he got the food manager to come and talk to us but no improvement was made.
The drink choice was poor.I was happy to pay for a baileys on one evening until i see the size of it . It wasn't even a 25ml measure and it had ice ,it was the size of a egg cup and cost me 4 pounds. That was the one and only .All in all will never go again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank sedge05
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Dear sedge05,

Best regards from Aqua Blu, Sharm el Sheikh, Pickalbatros Hotels & Nile Cruises.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

We as a Hotel appreciate all kinds of concerns, opinions and recommendations, which make us improve gradually and give the chance to fulfill our guest needs & expectations.

We are sorry very much , that your vacation wasn't successfull.

All your comment were already forwarded to all head departments.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

We were at the Aqua Blu from 13th to 27th July. (A party of 11!) Had a great time. Found the staff very helpful and accommodating. Mohammed at the hotel bar was great, very busy but looked happy for the most part considering it was Ramadan. The reception staff were great, too, in particular, Yasser who was very helpful. Actually, when we got home we discovered that we didn't pick up our camel trek, bedouin camp and stargazing dvd filmed on the 25th by Egypt Eyes company from the reception. I called Yasser at reception from Scotland who confirmed the dvd's were still there, after quoting the room (7106) and receipt number 002445 on the Egypt Eyes receipt. Yasser said he would send them on to me, which I thought was great! I had only to email my address and they would be sent, he said. I did so and faxed as well but as yet have not received a reply, so I am not sure if they have been sent or they have received my address. Still, if they appear that would be the mark of great hotel service! Enjoyed the food, something for everyone, alcoholic drinks were mostly OK, but drank mostly juice and water as it was so hot! Kids happy with their drink and food. The slides, flumes etc were great and the kids loved every minute. We found a quiet pool behind and across the road from the large kids pool, which we used in our last week. It's a little known pool, and was used as an escape from the noise. It has a bar and is kind of one of the hotel's secrets. A great discovery! Overall, very happy with hotel and would reccommend it for families, and if I get my dvd's would change the rating to 5!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just returned 2 days ago after 2wks holiday, I like to leave reviews as I personally get obsessed with checking this site prior to my own departure!!

Travelled with partner and teenage son, On arriving, 26th july we were directed to room, luckily we were given pool view nearest to the lagoon bar (room 3237). View was amazing, nice and quiet apart from the religious praying which occurs during the night, you get used to it after couple of nights.
Cleaner didnt do us any towel sculptures and we did tip £10 in first week, other people didnt tip and got them daily?? rooms were clean though, and 3 bottles of water provided free every day which was good.

Beds around family pool super comfy, Samy from lagoon bar was such a nice lad, had patience of a saint with all the kids hanging around him who must have got on is nerves?
After couple of days this was too quiet for us so we moved to main pool for animation team activities, water polo, aqua areobics etc,
Animation team very helpful with local knowledge, tips on taxis etc, Chico, luca and Diego all nice lads, not too much pressure if you was feeling too lazy to play.

Spa team, lady in particular was bit in your face asking WHY you didnt want any treatments?? told her to go away in strong tone and she never bothered me again.

Food was ok, (not 5 star) if youve done AI before... they are all basically the same - food gets repeated on 2nd week, generally always something nice to eat,
Breakfast usual strange foreign combinations mash potatoe, pumpkin???
we tended to have the omlette/fried egg/scrambled eggs and toast every day.

We preferred the mediterranean/asiatique restaurant to the cave du roi for lunch and evening meals as it can bit noisy in there, the italian was really nice too, choose your own pizza toppings and spag bol was lovely.

Water park was fab, really enjoyed it, tended to go on rides first thing as this is open to general public so tends to get busy later on in the day. Had a few problems with other nationalities not "sharing" tending to take the rafts/rings straight back on the rides instead of letting other people have a go?? They could do to employ more lifeguards at top and bottom of slides to make this run more efficiently maybe?
Had an accident on large "sink plug" slide, we both came off raft half way down tube so got dumped into the sink part upside down, with cut both elbows, bruised knees torn finger nails, there are several walking wounded people walking round with dressings, slings, and ankle supports but hey? it was a laugh and we still went on again.. Ha ha

The drinks on day were in small plastic cups so if thirsty you have to drink whilst at bar, and repeat order, on a nite we took plastic pint glasses out after reading other peoples reviews on here, , never had trouble getting the refilled with lager in any of the bars, if anything we got recognised and served quicker and the waiters all knew what we wanted and took glasses off us berfore we even asked!!
Abu round Cannelle Bar and "Charlie Chaplin" from Chaplins were great service providers.

Entertainment on evening sadly lacking for teens and adults, there was always kiddie club dance in centre area but after 10pm .. (which is hardly early?) it all went off.. they should at least provide soft music for adults. We tended to drift back to our side of hotel every nite and used the Billiards bar. Bottled beer was better than draught which is provided elsewhere, vodka and cocktails sooo strong, so stuck to beer.
Saeed the bar manager was fabulous in there!! Deserves a lot of credit for controlling all that went on, pool and snooker tables, air hockey and fuseball and tvs showing music videos.

Taxis outside the main water park area reasonble too, we went to Old market (£2) ,
soho square (£12 in taxi for 9 people) and mercato (£2) mcdonalds, pizza hut, kfc and starbucks available at mercato area, worth a visit for that alone.
I preferred the old market shopping above the others, really liked the buzz of it all.

All in all, we had a great holiday, met some really nice people, and was sad to come home though due to lack of evening entertainment dont think we would return and feel we have outgrown the AI concept of holidays.

Room Tip: Ask for family room by the lagoon bar, pool view is lovely
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank favHull
Reviewed 11 August 2012

we spent 5 days in that amazing resort a family of 14 including grandpa's and ma's and children and babies we are all looking to going back amazing activities for all the family members , the kids were enetertained that we havent seen them all the vaction except for the rides we went together we had fun like never before the all inclisive concept was wooowwww the food was toour excpectation the asian restaurant the asiathique was amazing and the pizza in the italian , the icecream on the kids pool everything was wow! Thanks for all the stuff, recepton and the Management team keep up the gr8 work

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Nadine M
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My family and myself have just returned from a two week holiday at Aqua Blu and was very concerned when first arrived but have to admit we left with a smile at the end.

We have three children ages: 14, 9 & 7 and thought this hotel would be suitable for our children as it has its own Aqua Park.

This hotel prides itself on views from "Trip Advisor" so please do be patient and read through my review, as I aim to cover different aspects.

ARRIVAL:

From the airport it is about 20mins in Taxi which is good. Arrived at hotel about 19.30 in the evening and reception was very busy and only had about three staff on. Eventually we were seen to and was shoved a form to fill in with no welcome what so ever?...No smiles from any of the reception staff and look very confused if you ask them a question.
We were eventually showed to our room which was shocking for a family of five.
We were greeted with two single beds for me and my wife & two bunk beds for two of my children and nothing for my other child? The room also looked over a very busy main road which was totally out of the question with my daughter having Asthma (Which i previousley explained to the hotel manager in a few emails before the holiday but no reply from him)
I complained about my room being one less bed short and took pictures of the room to show them what they have just provided again they couldnt seem to understand what my problem was and that was without explaining about the main road greeted for a stunning holiday view.
They showed me to another room above the circle of entertainment near reception which was better in location but the room was even smaller than the first with no electric working...this is the last thing you want after a long day flying going through the ridiculous strees of the uk airports security.
I complained again, this time they realised i was getting messed about and offered me a room where i was placed the first time but was assured they would find me a better room the following day? Ok were tired, i accepted. Not being fair on the family tracing them round a very big complex.
The next day luck had it, i was greeted by my rep 'Hany' from ETS who was superb when explaining the problems i had just encountered with the reception staff the night before.
He approached the hotel Manager on our behalf & was sorted within minutes and was showed to our new room which, believe it or not was three doors away from the one we stayed in the night before this time greeted with four single beds and a baby's cot? I had to laugh as i thought i was on Candid Camera surely? I took photos of the room again this time showed my rep and told them it is not getting any better and he had words again with the manager who apologised personally to my family and was given Room 7225 which was in a cul de sac of other families with lots of children & couldnt of been happier, as with in 5 min of walking into our new room the kids were outside playing and making friends with other children which was nice to see....Wow we can finally unpack and start to enjoy our hols.
My rep was explaining to me there was very tired and hungry staff at reception due to them fasting all day which i forgot about (due to Ramadan) and was probably treated unfairly due to this...Anyway sorted now time to enjoy.

POOLS & AQUA PARK:

What can i say they were superb!....Plenty of slides for Kids & Adults and Two seperate Baby waterparks which we all enjoyed as well.
You will not be dissapointed guranteed.
Floors can be very slippy so please be careful if you have children, adrenaline will be kicking in with excitement.
They also have a seperate wave pool which is ok and a seperate rafting river which is fun also.
The thing i liked about all the pools in the complex, that they are manned by lifeguards who not just look out for your safety but they interact with the children which is always nice and every pool is not that deep.

RESTAURANTS & FOOD:

I must admit I had read a few reviews on the quality of food before we arrived and was a bit sceptic but really, we had no complaints what so ever?
Don't know if they have improved prior to the reviews i have read but the food was really nice and a different theme each night.
For All Inclusive, it was much better than expected and we have stayed in many 5* Hotels all inclusive over the years and this was probably the best.
They serve food 24hrs a day but please read your guide in your room which explains opening times of different restauraunts.
They even have a seperate Itallian reastaraunt which is included but need to make reservation before hand.

ENTERTAINMENT:

Having stayed at AKISSIA SWISS RESORT(El Quesir) 2 years ago we found the entertainment very dull and finished too early around 10pm and was expecting simular but being in Sharm, we assumed it might be better?
To be honest it was ok, something different each night but again finishing too early.
We improvised this time and brought our Bose Sound Dock out with us each night which was played around 10.15pm to 12ish and was welcomed by all the other guests (Do take it, if you have one its worth it) Seating for entertainment was riduclous, handful of tables and seats for hundreds of guests...reminded me of a Butlins Camp (Dog eat Dog) you had to be there very early for a seat which was very rare for us but we managed a few times.
Drastically needs improving but i suggest a bigger location of entertainment, should be moved to accomadate all guests, not just the fortunate few. Outside reception area was too small for a complex of this hotels size.

STAFF:

Staff at reception have bad manners or just none at all and very reluctant to build a rapport with there guests we found?

Staff in main restaurants are superb and with the kiddies and if its someones birthday they go out of there way to celebrate it with you. Fantastic effort from them all.

Cleaning staff and Porters are very polite and look after you during your stay...Couple of tips here and there a few times during your stay will be very welcomed. They work long days and work extreamley hard and do a fantastic job they more than deserve it.

Overall the staff apart from reception are superb and great with kids!

ETS HOLIDAY REP:

Hanny was our holiday rep and comes from Egypt. He was fantastic through out our two week holiday and he has worked for our Major Uk tour operators like Thomson in the past but he now works for Egyption Tour Services.
We booked our holiday through "Holiday Elite" which was a mistake but the good side of that was, we were looked after by ETS.
If any of you book through Thomas Cook or Thomson and your rep is not quite the standard you expect, just pop around the reception area he will be sat down with an ETS sign on the table, he will gladly assist you and i strongley recommend his advise.
We booked a few Exscursions through him and told us what to look out for and made sure each trip we did we were looked after.
We did Super Quad Biking through the desert & Star Gazing & Camel Ride which both were fantastic days out & because we booked two trips with him, we got a free trip out on a glass boat for 3 hours looking at the best coral spots which he kindly arranged for us.
He is a very charming man and listens to you and acts upon any problems straight away...his main concern was for us to be happy. He is a 10 out of 10 & ETS are lucky to have an employee of his knowledge,experiance & proffesionalism.

SOHO SQUARE & NAMMA BAY:

Namma Bay is like the Vegas of Egypt a good experiance if anything and cheap Converse trainers for the kids roughley £8 each bit of haggaling but fun at the same time.

Soho you don't get the pushy sales at you all the time, it is a nice place but nothing out of the ordinary, nice restauraunts but avoid the "STEAK HOUSE" above the Queen Vic Pub, ridiculousley exspensive £35 just for steak and menu not a great selection.
It is no Steak House like we have in the Uk, more like a very posh overpriced restauraunt, where gents have to wear pants at all times...no matter how hot it is at night. If you have none, they will provide you with a pair to loan for your visit.
Unfortunately, we were put to one corner even though we had made a reservation the day before for 45 mins before we even sat at the table...so we left in disgust and ate elsewhere.

IMPROVEMENTS:

Aqua Blu Just needs a few minor improvements, like better and later entertainment in the evenings.
A bigger Arcade rather than a small one for hundreds of kids to please.
More seating for guests at the evenings entertainment spot.
More Sunbeds around the pools otherwise you will not be getting any lie-ins on this holiday as you will have to be up before 7am to get a decent spot.

Overall, we had a fantastic holiday apart from a few problems with accomodation at the beginning and the kids have loved every minute of it... especially the Aqua Park.

We would stay here again and do not usually do the same hotels twice but would make an exception for Aqua Blu.

A big thanks to all the hard working staff at Aqua Blu!

Hopefully see you all next year in the summer.

Regards

Mr MP Tuson & Family.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
16  Thank Mike7446
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Mike 7446,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review.

All your comments will be forwarded to our different departments.

I am sorry to hear there was an issue with your room allocation.
We want to apologize for our receptionists' behavior.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed our water park and water slides.

We are happy that you were satisfied with food in our restaurants.

On the basis of feedback from our guests we try to continuously improve our services.

As this has been your first stay in our hotel, we are more than happy, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please feel free to send us an email (grm@aquablusharm.com) with your room request for your next stay and we will do our best to fulfill your wishes as per hotel availability, including VIP treatment for second time repeaters.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I'm writing this review as I have just been looking at some of the more recent ones, we travelled in August 2011, it's a late review and maybe a few things have changed but here's my thoughts. After spending many weeks/months looking for a hotel in sharm I chose the aqua blu and was really pleased with my decision. There were just the 3 of us me my partner and my 7 year old. We couldn't have asked for more a watermark on your doorstep and staff more than helpful!! We spent 2 weeks here and spent everyday by the children's pool, it was great, the lifeguards were always in the pool playing with the kids so you could relax, the pool area was kept clean and the guy who cleaned round the area always reserved us the same Sunbeds, although thete was always plenty of them, on the odd occasion the toilet floors were dirty and one particular day someone had done a no.2 on the floor but it was Immediately cleaned by the pool guy, it's not the staffs fault some dirty person did this!!! The weather was fantastic if you don't like heat then egypt isn't the place for you but we love the heat so never found this a problem, we were usually round the pool from 10am to 6pm going on the watersides between times! The rooms were clean and air conditioned which was great, the cleaners worked hard especially in the temperatures, the fridge was filled everyday with fresh water and clean towels, I did tip the cleaner just because I wanted to and I did find that he would give us extra water but I didn't tip him everyday. The food was ok, not great but it's an all inclusive hotel with lots of people, my partner is a mitchellin star trained chef and is a head chef in a top hotel, he wasn't overly impressed with the food but didn't find it in-edible, we both had delly belly but it didn't ruin our holiday and didn't confine us to the room! The only part that was a major downer for us was the Russians .,, rude, aggressive bad mannered people!! They don't know the meaning of the word que but you have to treat them as they treat you and if they push in tell them to que. they treat the Egyptians awful! And the Egyptians are such nice people that do not deserve
to be treat like that.
We went quad biking in the desert and we booked it through Chico who came round the pool selling it, nice guy and didn't forget you once you had booked he made the effort to speak to us everyday! I didn't enjoy the quads but my partner loved it and went and did it again on a 1 to 1 which apparently was even better! That was the only excursion we went on, I didn't feel the need to leave the hotel everything we needed was onsite. We went to naama bay one night, again I didn't like the whole hustle and bustle, lots of little souvenirs you can get but always haggle! We also went to the old market one night.,, lovely place very busy, however on entering there was a beautiful camel I only wanted a photo of it and the next thing I knew the man had picked me up put me on it and set off!! He charged me 40 English pounds!!!!!!!! For maybe a 20 metre ride, my partner had to pull me away from the man as he cornered me and kept asking for more money.,,, so just be careful. All in all we had a great holiday and would not hesitate in going to aqua blu again . We are looking to go in October.
Just to add that my stomach was fine up until we ate at KFC !! Also the drinks are served in paper cups which was never a problem, if the cups were any bigger your drink would be warm and then you wouldn't want it!!!

• Stayed: September 2011