“Great family holiday”

Ranked #42 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Great family holiday”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had family of four with two under three years. Friendly staff throughout from room service to concierge. Rooms spacious and comfortable. Plenty of pools and water rides to enjoy. Food is available all day and night with wide variety to suit most palates. Italian and European restaurants were welcome. Hussein was a revelation. He can talk but will get excursions arranged at a reasonable price.

Only suggestion is Could do with better lighting though around the park at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the concierge area although noisy with kids everything is closer. If you want a go...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Zuber P
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Warm greetings from Aqua Blu, Sharm el Sheikh, Pickalbatros Hotels & Nile Cruises.

Thank you for submitting a review here as it is always essential for us to know the opinion of our valued guests.

We are very pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for choosing Pickalbatros Hotels & Aqua Blu for your holiday.

All your comments were forwarded already to different departments.

Please feel free to send us an email (grm@aquablusharm.com) with your room request for your next stay & we will do our best to fulfill your wishes as per hotel availability.
We are looking forward to welcome you again to our beautiful and sunny resort on your next trip to Sharm El Sheikh.

Pickalbatros Hotels & Nile Cruises

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
West midlands
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel as a family of 4 and stayed for 14 nights. we checked in on 1/6/14.
Check in was smooth and was taken to our room on the buggy along with our luggage. The room was lovely and very big. It was cleaned on a daily basis and the fridge was stocked up with water. We stayed in room 7112. it had bunk beds and a double bed. There was a pool outside the room which was quiet.
We spent most the days round the children's pool by our hotel room. this was great and the kids really enjoyed it. Mohammed who worked at the bar was great. Poolside service, thumbs up. My son cut his chin whilst in the children's pool and the lifeguard was brilliant. I can not thank him enough. He was in the pool playing with the kids and it made their day. The doctors on site was also great. They were friendly and sorted my son out with no problems.
At dinner time, we ate at Club Mac. The guy who cooked the pizza's was great, always willing to change the toppings to meet your request. The Italian restaurant was lovely too. We went there for breakfast and I also took my son there late one night.
CAVE DU ROI, this restaurant is superb. Staff that work in there are so friendly and can not do enough for you. Whilst there, it was my son's birthday. They decorated the table and also sang 'happy birthday'. The staff there also bought him a cake out, which was yummy. They really made it a birthday that we will all remember. Thank you. The hotel also delivered a birthday cake to the room and the house keeping also made towel animals and flowers for the beds that day.
We got talking to the Manager which the kids ended up calling 'old grandpa'. He was great, always spoke and was great with the kids. He would never pass you by.
THE ANIMATION TEAM, well what can I say? They were fantastic. My kids enjoyed kids club with Dasha and Mimi. The kids also loved the mini disco with the animation team. The team is a credit to the Aqua Blu. They were so friendly and polite. The animation team took part in a comedy night. Plenty of giggles and belly laughs was had by all. They did a great Job.
The grounds of the hotel were kept clean and tidy. The grass was nice and soft and watered every night.
The only downfall for this hotel is the Spa staff. on a daily basis, they would approach us and tell us that we needed a massage. On our first day, we were approached around 7 times within a space of 10mins. It made me feel like I did not want to leave the hotel room as they are very persistent.
I had a pedicure done by a lady in the spa. She cut the skin around my big toe and hurt me. After, my feet felt sore and the French polish could have been done better by my 7 year old daughter. I returned on my last day for my second pedicure, which was free. A male completed the pedicure and he was much better. I decided to have just a pink polish which looked lovely.
My daughter had her hair braided, only half a head. This looked lovely and was really impressed with it. The only thing that annoyed me about this is, when she went back for the second time so it was tidied up, they did not re-do the braids, they cut all the strands of hair that was sticking up. Back home, when I took the braids out, my daughters hair is now short at the front and looked a mess.

Overall, this hotel is fantastic, I am looking at returning next year.
Keep up the great work Aqua Blu team.

Room Tip: Our room was located away from the main building and was quiet which we liked.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Momma_bear85
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this review, 4 July 2014

All your comments were forwarded already to different departments.
Looking forward to see you again next year.

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

a very delayed review, we went to aqua blu on the 15th of june for a week. it was fab, it was only my self and my boyfriend that went, the hotel is perfect for kiddies or couples in my eyes there loads to for everyone, the staff are brill very helpful and will do anything to help enjoy you stay there, the room we stayed in was gorrjuuzz.. the cleaners was fab too we tiped a few English pounds and he was always in our room making swans and hearts.. they work such long hours and still they always there to help with a smile on there face. If you go make sure you try the trips out we went scuba diving/snorkelling for a full day and it was brill one of the best things I have ever done life time experience I would say. we always swam with dolphins witch was amazing.. the food was grate for my boyfriend as he can each anything I was alittle unsure as I don't like to try new things however I did and I can say we didn't end up with any problems but just incase there is a pharmacy on site that will provide upset belly problems for you. overall this place is fab and I would recommend to everyone young and old to go.. will defiantly be back next year cant wait do book again...

Room Tip: across from the reception are the best I would say close to everything and with it been a big place...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank rachel b
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

All your comments were forwarded already to different departments.
Hoping to see you soon again!

We're looking forward to welcome you again to our beautiful and sunny resort on your next trip to Sharm El Sheikh.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

One of the best holidays we have ever had.I celebrated my birthday whilst I was there and the hotel had a birthday cake and champagne delivered to our room(prearranged by my children).We went swimming with dolphins,quad biking in the desert,diving in the Red Sea all arranged for us by a guy named Pharrell who works at the hotel.The food was great and our cleaner was fantastic,everyone was really friendly.I would highly recommend having a massage at the spa,it was an experience we will never forget.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Amanda C

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First stay in this hotel was absolutely fabulous. We got the room in main building near slides and entertainment. Restaurants are absolutely great. New Mediterranean and Asiatique restaurant was our favourite. Lot of food varieties. If we did not like food in one of the restaurants we found it in another one. Great all inclusive. Park is very clean and we would like to thank to our housekeeper who was cleaning our room was excellent. Every day clean bath towels, beach towels and bottle water in the room. Staff in the hotel is very friendly. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and we will come back hopefully soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nicol1988

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The most horrendous holiday ever. Rooms are nothing like their photos, local spirits all taste taste the same, warm beer, no ice, water coolers not plugged in, whole party racing to the toilets, 2 in our party lost a day and a half as in bed, dehydrated, 1 in our party collapsed through dehydration, cockroaches on pastry section, hotel manager not interested. Took 3 weeks for our party to recover from illness. Never got to use the aqua park as we were all too ill!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Coops197120022006
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

So we went to sharm along with two other families for 10 days. We spent the first week in Hyatt and then one of the guys decided to spend the last two days in this hotel upon his recommendation. It was the worst thing I've ever done. The staff to start off were rude that is when they weren't busy flirting with the Russian females. The room was filthy. When we first went in the bathroom was offensive and there was a big lump of disgusting hair in the shower. When I called them to clean the whole bathroom, the guy came and picked up the lump of hair with his hand and threw it away and asked if I needed anything else. I got cross with him and asked him to clean the whole bathroom. The standard of the room itself was awful and old. The air conditioner kept on leaking every morning and flooding the whole place. The food in the restaurants wasn't the best but it was kind of edible. The only good thing about this hotel is the free access to their amazing water park which is one of the best I've ever been to. All in all I wouldn't recommend the stay in the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family