“main value - aqua park”
Review of Aqua Blu Sharm

Aqua Blu Sharm
Ranked #42 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This place is definitely for aqua park lovers. Also utilities for kids are impressive making Aqua Blu good place for family vacation. Should such be important for you and you can
by-pass some minor deficiencies - go there and enjoy.
We were there on the 3 generation vacation end of May. Me and wife had standard room and daughter with husband and 14 months + 3,5 years kids had family room. Both rooms found adequate spacious but appeared to be the weakest link. Rooms even do not insist to give you slightest touch of luxury. Effects of initial poor standards finishing jobs after few years of intense use become now even more noticeable. Conditions of furniture, mattresses, bathroom, minimum of equipment (lack of tea pot for example) and general reception simply can not impress at all. Air Con were terrible nosily and setting reasonable temperature impossible. Set it on - nosily and very cold, turn down - hot. Frequent lack of warm water did evening kids bathing problematic.
We ordered room with king size bed. Instead they connected two standard beds in one putting sleeping comfort below last limits. We were offered room with king size bed but far away from children - something we could not accept.
For other hand we could not complain about cleanse and mates service. It was more then OK.
With all-in you can normally choose from 5 restaurants. It could be recorded as nice outstanding compare to other all-in resorts. But during our stay 2 were of service for refurbishing. Each one insists to have it distinguish character but after all we found food similar. It is not enough to put pizza and pasta into menu to name restaurant an Italian one. Those 3 we can use offer buffets. While selection and availability was grate taste was just average. Every day menu slightly change but it was hard to notice much difference. What ever -everyone could found something and if you want you can eat almost round the clock. We found kid's corner useless. Every day it was offering same food. Also lack of local food or subject evenings. Aqua Blu can impress whit numbers of bars and places where you can take drink and spent time. Beer and vines -OK but strong alcohols offered in all-in - disgusting. I was 6 times in Egypt and so far have never encountered such poor quality.
Very good Italian style coffee is also available in some places. And something important for kids - ice cream, at least 3 kinds from ten until end of the day.
Aqua Park is great. Swimming pools - great. Sun beds - adequate numbers.
There are two sets of shallow pools for kids each equipped with numbers of kid's size slides, water tubs, toys ect. - absolutely water paradise for children. What in my opinion was missing - some shadowed area where kids can play out of the direct sun shine.
Evening animations for children we found also very good. Well, all was same every day but kids enjoy.
Beach - did not impress us at all. We spent there just 2 hrs and returned for pools.
Aqua Park and main pools area are very nosily. Loud music, crowd, day and evening animations. Avoid rooms in central building specially those facing aqua park towers.
Some gests conducted quite rude. In case of loudly alcohol balcony party during night time call reception. Hotel security was quite effective in such situation. I also need to underline perfect work of life guards. In general hotel stuff was great. Tips - welcomed but none was asking for baksheesh. Service at Ice Cream pool bar - absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JacekWedrowiec
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Warm greetings from Aqua Blu, Sharm el Sheikh, Pickalbatros Hotels & Nile Cruises.

Thank you for submitting a review here as it is always essential for us to know the opinion of our valued guests.

All your comments will be forwarded to the concerned departments & followed-up to provide at all times the best service.

Please feel free to send us an email (grm@aquablusharm.com) with your room request for your next stay & we will do our best to fulfill your wishes as per hotel availability.
We're looking forward to welcome you again to our beautiful and sunny resort on your next trip to Sharm El Sheikh.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Aqua blu for their watermark. OMG it was amazing and on a par with the likes of Aqua land.

We paid 315 Egyptian pounds at the door which got us all inclusive drinks excluding alcohol and good. If you wanted alcohol the fee would be 350 Egyptian.

We got ourselves a locker which cost 20 Egyptian plus a 30 Egyptian deposit.

The resort was very clean and tiny!

The flumes were amazing and you didn't have to queue at all!

The food was delicious and worth the money.

A must visit when coming to sharm!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kanu2828
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Cannot say a bad word about hotel. Everything was great. The food,the pools, the waterpark. The animation team were brilliant with the kids and all the staff so friendly and helpful. Room was lovely and nicer than I imagined it to be. So much to do and the food was great. Reception staff, cleaners, bellboys, lifeguards and bar staff really go out of their way to make this a great experience.

The thomson rep Jeff is a fantastic rep and so knowledgeable and easy to talk to.

Would definitely recommend the aqua blu.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank lelleyd12
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

We are very pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for choosing Pickalbatros Hotels & Aqua Blu for your holiday.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had family of four with two under three years. Friendly staff throughout from room service to concierge. Rooms spacious and comfortable. Plenty of pools and water rides to enjoy. Food is available all day and night with wide variety to suit most palates. Italian and European restaurants were welcome. Hussein was a revelation. He can talk but will get excursions arranged at a reasonable price.

Only suggestion is Could do with better lighting though around the park at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the concierge area although noisy with kids everything is closer. If you want a go...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Zuber P
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

All your comments were forwarded already to different departments.

We are looking forward to welcome you again to our beautiful and sunny resort on your next trip to Sharm El Sheikh.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel as a family of 4 and stayed for 14 nights. we checked in on 1/6/14.
Check in was smooth and was taken to our room on the buggy along with our luggage. The room was lovely and very big. It was cleaned on a daily basis and the fridge was stocked up with water. We stayed in room 7112. it had bunk beds and a double bed. There was a pool outside the room which was quiet.
We spent most the days round the children's pool by our hotel room. this was great and the kids really enjoyed it. Mohammed who worked at the bar was great. Poolside service, thumbs up. My son cut his chin whilst in the children's pool and the lifeguard was brilliant. I can not thank him enough. He was in the pool playing with the kids and it made their day. The doctors on site was also great. They were friendly and sorted my son out with no problems.
At dinner time, we ate at Club Mac. The guy who cooked the pizza's was great, always willing to change the toppings to meet your request. The Italian restaurant was lovely too. We went there for breakfast and I also took my son there late one night.
CAVE DU ROI, this restaurant is superb. Staff that work in there are so friendly and can not do enough for you. Whilst there, it was my son's birthday. They decorated the table and also sang 'happy birthday'. The staff there also bought him a cake out, which was yummy. They really made it a birthday that we will all remember. Thank you. The hotel also delivered a birthday cake to the room and the house keeping also made towel animals and flowers for the beds that day.
We got talking to the Manager which the kids ended up calling 'old grandpa'. He was great, always spoke and was great with the kids. He would never pass you by.
THE ANIMATION TEAM, well what can I say? They were fantastic. My kids enjoyed kids club with Dasha and Mimi. The kids also loved the mini disco with the animation team. The team is a credit to the Aqua Blu. They were so friendly and polite. The animation team took part in a comedy night. Plenty of giggles and belly laughs was had by all. They did a great Job.
The grounds of the hotel were kept clean and tidy. The grass was nice and soft and watered every night.
The only downfall for this hotel is the Spa staff. on a daily basis, they would approach us and tell us that we needed a massage. On our first day, we were approached around 7 times within a space of 10mins. It made me feel like I did not want to leave the hotel room as they are very persistent.
I had a pedicure done by a lady in the spa. She cut the skin around my big toe and hurt me. After, my feet felt sore and the French polish could have been done better by my 7 year old daughter. I returned on my last day for my second pedicure, which was free. A male completed the pedicure and he was much better. I decided to have just a pink polish which looked lovely.
My daughter had her hair braided, only half a head. This looked lovely and was really impressed with it. The only thing that annoyed me about this is, when she went back for the second time so it was tidied up, they did not re-do the braids, they cut all the strands of hair that was sticking up. Back home, when I took the braids out, my daughters hair is now short at the front and looked a mess.

Overall, this hotel is fantastic, I am looking at returning next year.
Keep up the great work Aqua Blu team.

Room Tip: Our room was located away from the main building and was quiet which we liked.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Momma_bear85
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

All your comments were forwarded already to different departments.
Looking forward to see you again next year.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

a very delayed review, we went to aqua blu on the 15th of june for a week. it was fab, it was only my self and my boyfriend that went, the hotel is perfect for kiddies or couples in my eyes there loads to for everyone, the staff are brill very helpful and will do anything to help enjoy you stay there, the room we stayed in was gorrjuuzz.. the cleaners was fab too we tiped a few English pounds and he was always in our room making swans and hearts.. they work such long hours and still they always there to help with a smile on there face. If you go make sure you try the trips out we went scuba diving/snorkelling for a full day and it was brill one of the best things I have ever done life time experience I would say. we always swam with dolphins witch was amazing.. the food was grate for my boyfriend as he can each anything I was alittle unsure as I don't like to try new things however I did and I can say we didn't end up with any problems but just incase there is a pharmacy on site that will provide upset belly problems for you. overall this place is fab and I would recommend to everyone young and old to go.. will defiantly be back next year cant wait do book again...

Room Tip: across from the reception are the best I would say close to everything and with it been a big place...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank rachel b
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

All your comments were forwarded already to different departments.
Hoping to see you soon again!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

One of the best holidays we have ever had.I celebrated my birthday whilst I was there and the hotel had a birthday cake and champagne delivered to our room(prearranged by my children).We went swimming with dolphins,quad biking in the desert,diving in the Red Sea all arranged for us by a guy named Pharrell who works at the hotel.The food was great and our cleaner was fantastic,everyone was really friendly.I would highly recommend having a massage at the spa,it was an experience we will never forget.

Stayed: June 2014