“Excellent family holiday”
Review of Aqua Blu Sharm

Aqua Blu Sharm
Ranked #41 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just returned from 10 days at the aqua blu, went with two teenagers who had the best holiday ever!
The hotel is vast, the water slides and kids areas are fantastic and everything is really clean.
The hotel has plenty of variety for food with numerous eateries including a snack bar.
The staff work long hours and are really friendly, previous comments mentioned Russians bring rude etc, we never experienced this, it was eid while we were there and the atmosphere was fantastic, with all the different cultures mixing.
The kids are already asking to go back next year...a really great holiday.

Room Tip: Block beginning with 6... For example 6110 were nice rooms and near the restaurants.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
1  Thank Fogstercsi

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a ten day break with our 8 yr old son.
I agree with all the positive reviews and had to laugh at some of the very poor reviews, such as the room not having a tea pot. Lol. Maybe one should of packed one or even bought one.
Slides and water park are great.
Rooms were big clean and comfy with the cleaning staff making and changing the beds every day. 6 bottles of water left in your room each day as well. No there wasnt a bath but we new that before leaving and prefer showers.
The reception staff Ahmed and the managers were great and always smiled. The red sea divers team in yellow T shirts are honest when booking trips such as quad biking, swim with dolphins etc. Even if they could not provide a service they would point you in the right direction. Special thanks to Crash and SIead who said hello and have a laugh and joke every day.
The spa reps dont get a mention as I got bored of them hassling me every day and after reading other reviews I gave them a wide berth. The resturant staff in and next to the Italian restaurants were great and the food was good.
The sisyer hotel with its beach is a 10 min walk or you can get the shuttle bus. The beach has some coral and is worth a day off from the water park.
Fantasia is a good night out and wont break the bank. The best day we had was the private speed boat trip that takes you out to the best reefs and a desert island. Booked through the red sea divers team.
The one Big disappointment was our tour rep. Mo. He works for med travel and told us not to use any other reps to book trips. I wonder why. He lied to us from the start amd then blanked us when we used red sea divers who were alot cheaper and provide a better service. He would not confirm our return details and once we had arranged our transfer our selves our private times magicaly came forward by 2 hours. Not to worry MO we were ready any wa. Lol.
The best advice I can give is speak to other English about trips and speak to red sea divers
Finaly a massive thank you to the animation team and Bez, you were great and we loved the volleyball.
Oops forgot to mention the Russians. They are rude but give it back to them and laugh it off so it wont spoil your day.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Simon H
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was our first family holiday abroad, with me, my husband and 4 sons aged 16,12,10 and 8.
What can I say stepped off plane heat was intense but welcoming, then off to hotel to say the outside is fantastic is understatement! Food on arrival with drinks .
Our room was immaculate with double bed, bunks and two singles, massive bathroom. Balcony facing a pool which we used daily a massive bonus! Rooms cleaned every day, waters in fridge every day cleaner very friendly notjing too much trouble . The water park was amazing kids went off loved it all, we also went on water rides as family only downside when open to public rude Russians and Egyptians but park is quiet in mornings.
Food was fine too boys loved Italian making their own pizzas, plenty of choice, drinks fab.
We were very sad to return home yesterday x a defo for families

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

very unproffessional staff and you will never check inn on time ,the hotel main gate is closed for visitors and the ask you to walk long distance to the main gate to your visitors because they are not allowed to get in !!!!!!!!!!!! they put illiterate staff on the main gate dosnt allow guest to get in !!!! the check in time is at 3 pm and the water park close at 5 !! i waited 1 hour to check inn from 3 to 4 pm and the water park close at 5 ! that mean i have only one hour to play ! the next day water park starts at 10 Am and the check out is at 12 pm !! 2 hours only to play !! no wifi ! 10 Euro for half hour !!! absolute theft !! food was disaster ! its like food served for animals !! absolute theft ! the rooms AC was very noise !! i requested a bangalw and it was confirmed !! when i check inn the give me a room !! i asked to see the duty manager , the called him and he never showed up as ugual in all egytion hotel !! Absolute theft again !! i have a massage to the hotel managenet , ( go see atalantis watet park in dubai and sun way lagun in kulalumpure and learn from them how to manage )

Room Tip: absolute theft (stay at your own risk)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Hamatto
Awad E, General Manager at Aqua Blu Sharm, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Hamatto,
Best regards from Aqua Blu, Sharm el Sheikh, Pickalbatros Hotels .
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are honestly very sorry, that your stay was not successful and your impression was negative.We sincerely regret that you had bad experience in our hotel and we couldn't justify your expectations.We already forwarded your concerns & comments to each department & will follow-up. about the check in & Check out time ,it's known all over the world that it's at 12:00 & 15:00 but kindly be informed that if we have availability we don't apply that time as you can make early check and late check out but you know it;s a busy time and the hotel is fully booked ..about the wi-fi it's chargeable and we have wi-fi free in moka cafe.
Remaining at your service.
Thank you & best wishes from Sharm El Sheikh,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Well what can I say! I am so saddened to see some of the negative reviews about this hotel as it was most certainly not what we experienced!
We arrived at around 10pm at night and were allowed to look at the rooms before we decided which one we wanted which was amazing. We chose a room on the ground floor for easy access to the vast outdoors. Our room was a little dated but was spotlessly clean, I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Stava (hopefully spelt correctly) who cleaned our room daily from top to bottom it shone every day, Stava made sure we were happy and kept our fridge stocked up with plenty of water and his towel art was just amazing - We were very emotional saying goodbye to this special man who works soooooo hard - Thank you Stava.
No problems with Mosquitoes! We did use spray but the hotel every evening spray the grounds with what i believe was bug killer and staff were seen regularly spraying around the outside of the rooms. You may get the odd bug in your room (we only had one) but it is impossible to stop this, please remember you get bugs in your home in England!!!!
Next the restaurants - Amazing choice of foods, I am classed as a fussy eater at home but I ate like a queen, so much choice and I felt the food was of a very good quality.
Staff - WOW! I have never met such wonderful, caring, happy, approachable staff in my life! I beg of anyone going to this hotel to PLEASE use your manners!!!! it does not cost anything to use your manners, I was disgusted with the way the Russians treated the staff, If you use your manners your stay at the Aqua Blu Sharm will be unforgettable. We made many friends with the restaurant and bar staff and were regularly shouted to across the park with a good morning or a hello which was just lovely.
Animation Team!!!! - Well there are not enough words to describe how my family feel about this team they are just sooooo special, fun, loving, happy, energetic, talented and every other good word in the dictionary! A special mention to Chico, Naymar, Bisou, Bayrem, Mimi, Nomo, Etto, Vova and Lera (so sorry if I have missed any) you made our holiday what it was and that was Amazing! I was encouraged by Bayrem on my first day to join in with Aqua Aerobics and it was brilliant and even more brilliant was the dancing after in the wave pool, such fun dancing with these guys! I went on to do Aqua Aerobics everyday sometimes twice. What was so wonderful was when we were in reception waiting for our taxi to the airport some of the Animation Team came to see us off, I was so sad to say goodbye to these guys, Thank you Thank you Thank you I will be seeing you again that I promise.
Wave Pool Man Ali - Ali you are a super star! Thank you for looking after us we will miss your smile and your greeting every morning, such a warm and kind man who works his bum off!
Lifeguards - They do an excellent job always!

I went with my husband, son aged 13 and nephew aged 15. The boys made many friends here and had a blast with the activities put on by the animation team (football, water polo, volleyball ect) and the slides are just outstanding!

Trips - we booked with Mo our rep to go on a days snorkeling trip to Tiran Island. Firstly Mo makes sure that you are on a trip with your own nationality as this makes the day even more special, we went with an awesome group and had the most amazing day. Mo is an excellent rep and was available every morning and evening if you needed anything, Thank you Mo.
We also booked with the Red Sea Company to go Quad Biking, wow what an experience! We watched the sun go down over the mountains and the guides were just fantastic and so much fun - this is a must do!.

I could go on and on and on about our wonderful holiday but I think I need to stop now.

On a whole this has got to be the most amazing holiday ever and I will most definitely be going back! Use your manners, tip staff for a good job (tip with Egyptian Money as they cannot change English coins), be friendly and if you have a problem speak to the hotel or your rep as they will sort it out! by doing all of the above you will have a holiday like we did!

Thank you everyone at Aqua Blu Sharm!!!

Room Tip: The rooms I believe near the Asian restaurant are more modern but our room 1104 was a little tired b...
1  Thank Jenny19772014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for 2 years running and all i can say is that i love it there, i am returning to Egypt this year but staying in a different hotel ( only because my husband wanted to try another hotel) much to my dismay, i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with little ones actually i would recommend this hotel to anyone with or without children it is that great, the staff are brilliant and the hotel grounds are amazing, the food choice is extremely good and they are very clean, hope this helps anyone looking to book this hotel, regards

Room Tip: I would say any room is good they are lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is our 4th time at this hotel and wont b our last such an amazing place to stay. its full of fun 4 evey1 with loads of waterslides and pools. very clean hotel and for all the staff are fantastic and polite not 4getting chiko from animations that makes ur day morn noon and nite with kids club mini disco and entertainment at nite with the rest of the team mohammed head of bar staff such a great bloke aswell as all the others and red sea divers ie crash so helpful and all the waiters and managers cant help enough so all in all spending our holidays each year I couldn't ask 4 more they no how 2 make it the best from celia mick micky and brooke we love u all and c u nx yr oh and mohammed that does the henna tattoos we love u 2