My husband and I have just returned from a two week stay at this hotel accompanied by family and have all had an amazing holiday. From the minute we stepped foot into Reception from the bus we received a warm, friendly welcome which continued throughout our stay, being echoed by all staff. The service from every department was amazing and I have to say the staff are a credit to their management support and training.
Our rooms were lovely, Bungalows directly on the beach, 1235 and 1237. It had huge amounts of storage, separate Bathroom and Toilet, Breakfast Area and Dining Area, flat screen TV, fridge and safe with a kettle, tea and coffee making facility available also. Wicker seating and a table on the patio/garden which overlooked the beach and sea….. fabulous…. A bathrobe and slippers along with fruit were also part of our welcome. Our Room Attendant, Ahmed, was very good.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner were available Buffet style at the Half Moon Restaurant and the food was great, spoilt for choice. The kitchen staff work very hard to keep the food topped up, constantly refreshing dishes and making sure there is plenty available. However, if you are hard to please, a simple request to one of the floor chefs and they will provide whatever you desire. Lunch is also available at the beach restaurant but this is more in the form of snack food, i.e. pizza, chips, salads, beef sandwiches, etc. Very good, but there is not as much choice as the main restaurant.
There are a few speciality restaurants in the evening, the San Marino Italian restaurant, an Egyptian/Greek restaurant and the Khandahar Indian Restaurant. The steaks in the San Marino are divine and the Indian restaurant is so good we went about five times during our stay. We did try the Egyptian on the beach once and although the service and food was excellent, the choices were not really to my taste (not fond of liver!!) However, the salads and chicken were great…
The main pool can be quite busy and lively, noisy at times but there always seemed to be loungers and seats available. Plenty of sales staff everyday selling, diving, snorkelling, boat trips, spa treatments, etc. The animation team work very hard to make sure that there are enough activities and a wide variety of choice for the guests to participate in, dance lessons, aqua fit, stretching, volleyball, pool games, and the list goes on.
If you just want to relax though, there is a quiet pool near the reception area with a full bar service and no children allowed. There are no sales staff allowed to come around this pool area either. There is a pool available for families, so plenty of choice.
There is a Spa and sales people will go around the main pool daily selling different packages. My husband and I went twice for massages and they were very good, well worth the money (paid less than 30.00 for one and half hours).
Free WiFi is available in one of the bar areas all day, every day, but if you wanted to have use of WiFi all over the resort they do deals, Buy One Day, Get One Day Free. I just tended to use the Free WiFi every couple of days to catch up on emails, FB and FaceTime as I have better things to do when on holiday !!
If you do intend to do some diving or snorkelling there is a diving school on site, Pyramid Divers. However, we always use and recommend Ocean College as they have some great deals on if you book from the UK before travelling. An excellent group of guides and instructors with safety being their main concern.
I would like to thank all of the staff for making our stay so memorable but in particular;
Kristen Customer Services
Ahmed Lobby Bar
Samy Quiet Pool Bar
Mohammed Helmey Quiet Pool Bar
Elsayed San Marino Restaurant
Waly Half Moon Restaurant
Ibraheim (Baby) Half Moon Restaurant
Sharein Half Moon Restaurant
Mohammed Indian Restaurant
Surendra Indian Restaurant
Alaa Indian Restaurant
Nika Reception/Animation Team
Moka Animation Team
I will mention a very small annoyance, the Russian guests ! The culture do not believe in waiting in line and I don’t think the words ‘please’ or ‘thank you’ form part of their language. The way they spoke to some of the staff was an absolute disgrace. This however, in no way reflects upon the hotel or it’s staff and, to be absolutely honest, it did form a type of entertainment during meal times for us just watching them trying to cut in line to load their 6 plates per person or to see which one of us could spot who was trying to load the most food into their beach bags!!
Would we go back to this hotel, ABSOLUTELY YES., and in fact are busy looking for a deal now for later this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Admire the wonders of Egypt at SunConnect SUNRISE Diamond Resort! Located in the famous destination Sharm El Sheikh, the resort offers a vast range of opportunities ensuring that no one misses out during their stay. A delightful garden surrounding and the private sandy beach will make your holiday a memorable one full of relaxation. Its proximity to the charming center of Sharm El Sheikh is an additional benefit. The Resort offers a 24-hour front desk, multilingual staff, Guest Service Center desk, bell captain, limousine service, luggage room, laundry & valet service, beauty salon and barber, Spa & gym, gift & souvenir shops, babysitting, free Wi-Fi in all public areas and a 24-hour on call doctor. SunConnect SUNRISE Diamond Resort offers 438 (with partially or with some) recently renovated rooms characterized for their unique oriental style. NEW Aqua Park in 2015, 1200 m2, 8 slides, 71 water games fit for all ages! The hotel is officially part of the SunConnect family. It offers a lot of new facilities. Be Connected with the free upgraded high speed internet which is available throughout the resort. The TeenLounge is ready for teenagers for interactive fun with playstation and x-box. Charge the devices in one of the SunConnect Bars or access points distributed all over the facility. The new SunConnect website provides the guests with all necessary information. All accommodations feature modern facilities and are completely equipped to make sure our guests enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay in Egypt. Choose between a wide variety of rooms. A special benefit for families is our Family Room concept, which offers separate rooms for parents and children. To enjoy the direct sea view, try our Beach Deluxe rooms, which offer you as well extra space. A truly satisfying holiday experience - at SunConnect SUNRISE Diamond Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunrise Diamond Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Diamond Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Calimera Royal Diamond Beach Hotel