“it is not a hotel”

Aida Hotel Sharm El Sheikh El Hadaba
Ranked #216 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 2 October 2012

this is the worst hotel , i'm sorry , it is not a hotel , does not even deserve to be called hotel , i'm wondering how come some people in their review they said it is a good hotel , please be honest with the other people and tell them the truth , i went there with my wife and upon check in , we tried 5 rooms , all are horrible, we had to leave the hotel and checked in at another 4 stars .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank omar e

Reviewed 9 December 2010

The hotel staff openly asks for bribes during registration to give you a "good" or "regular" room. Rooms are not cleaned. Avoid this place!

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank qube2010
Reviewed 9 September 2010

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. The hospitality was poor, hygiene was missed, he pool was unorganized, restaurant & food was merely eatable.
I spent 6 days in this hotel for my honeymoon, and I regret taking this trip, honestly.
I did not enjoy anything there except for the company of my wife, where we spent most of the time in our room (if I may say the only average thing in this hotel).
I can only say it was a bad decision.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mjaddo
Reviewed 18 July 2010

WELCOME: When first arrived, we were given a room that had not been cleaned (it was VERY dusty). After a LONG argument, we finally got another room, only after we threatened to leave. The next room was a bit cleaner.
Shops in hotel entrance - staff were abusive if you didn't buy something.

ROOM: For all 8 days, they never cleaned the room properly - just dusted surfaces and replaced loo paper occasionally. Bed sheets not changed in all 8 days.
For 3 days there was NO hot water in bathroom.
Also - No safe, no fridge, and broken wardrobe, which was unusable.

FOOD: Altogether rubbish. Very small portions, no choices for first few days. No fruit or vegetables available for the first 2-3 days. - Often, salads served up from leftovers from previous day.
Sometimes there was a half-hour to queue for food, just to get served.
Coffee and tea at breakfast was undrinkable - had better a McDonalds!

BEACH: Small coral beach - get there first thing or you don't get a space! Staff on beach don't leave you alone - constantly trying to sell you a trip or service, even when you have said 'no'.

SUMMARY: If you can speak English, do. You will get better service if they think you are English, than if you speak other languages, ie, Russian.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank LadyOlga
Reviewed 25 May 2010

The hotel is recently under new management, and as a result is undergoing a transformation on all levels. The new manager is amazingly helpful and goes out of his way to ensure you have everything you want during your stay. If you have any issues see him and it will all be solved. The same can be said for all the staff. Top marks. The location is central to everywhere and the views have to be one of the best in Sharm. The continued improvement they are making will stand this hotel well for the future. Both the pools are very good and the food is exceptional.
Finally, for the money, the value i am sure cannot be beaten!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nickthomas77
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Stayed here by default as the ferry had been cancelled, all was hunky dory - nice room, 2 pools - UNTIL we tried to check out. We had agreed $60 when we checked in and suddenly this had risen to $80 - we would have walked if they hadn't had our passports. We battled for over 2 hours - at one point being held by a tourist police officer with a gun!!! Eventually we had to pay the inflated price BUT EVEN THEN they started requesting a non existent receipt in order to release our passports ( believe me at this point the old British reserve went right out the window) afew well chosen words shouted by a hysterical British female (me) and we made our escape BE CAREFUL!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank flygal68
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I don't even know where to begin with this. I'll start with the most serious problem: the staff. With the exception of one guy working one morning at 3am, the entire staff is unfriendly and downright shifty. The guests are something for them to endure, not help, and one of them almost rolled his eyes when he saw me approaching the reception desk. Further, if you have a question or problem, they just tell you whatever they think will most quickly make you go away or hang up. Here are examples:

EXAMPLE 1:
Our air conditioning was broken, and after being told several times over the course of two hours that maintenance will be there in 5 minutes, we simply stood at the reception desk and waited until they actually made the call to maintenance.

The maintenance people showed up a bit later, but they didn't speak English, so I wasn't able to explain the problem to them. They made a half-hearted fix-it attempt and left. The next night, we went through the same ordeal, trying again to get it fixed. After about an hour, we tried the waiting-at-reception routine again. This time, we waited for about 30 minutes until we just asked the staff to tell us straight out whether maintenance was actually going to come, so that we can stop wasting our time. They said sorry, maintenance wasn't going to come.

It was at that point that I sought out the manager and explained the staff problems. He made a call and maintenance showed up 5 minutes later. The employees were apparently hoping we'd just go away and forget about it.

EXAMPLE 2:
The staff lies. Upon overhearing something about a free dinner for guests one night, my girlfriend went to the restaurant and asked about it. The restaurant clerk checked the list for my name and room number and said yes yes, it was free for us, I could come down anytime and eat for free. So I did. But the food selection was awful, so I just ate a couple of bites and got up to leave, only to be told by the clerk that I owe money for the meal. I complain to him about it, my girlfriend does the same, he says that the manager told him to charge us (which was a lie, as I later found out). I go to the manager (again), explain the situation, we bring in the clerk, he says that yes, he told my girlfriend the food was free, but he didn't tell that to ME. What? Anyway, the clerk leaves, the manager says he will punish him for lying, but that he still has to charge me for the meal. Why? Because HIS general manager told him there was no middle ground when it came to bills. Whatever. $14 for a few bites of pasta.

OTHER ISSUES:
Out of 5 supposedly onsite restaurants, I could find only two. One was a simple poolside bar. The other had a "panoramic" view, as advertised, but it was a view of the pool; it also had a breakfast and lunch menu catering to the primarily Russian and Polish tourists who stay here. The breakfast buffet was 90% desserts, nothing redeeming or healthy.

The free wi-fi didn't work during our stay. I doubt it's ever worked, really. You can pay to use their internet-connected computer, though...

The rooms were big enough, but the bathroom could have been a little cleaner. It smelled slightly of the sewer, and the door didn't close. As I said, the AC didn't work for us and for many others. Other people apparently didn't have working water.

Twice each early evening, they clear the pool and outdoor area and flood the place with noxious smoke from a handheld blower, presumably to get rid of Mosquitos, but it didn't really work. They still somehow got in the room and I woke up the next day with my legs and arms covered in bites.

SUMMARY:
I've stayed in hostels and enjoyed it, so I didn't have any high expectations for this place. Nevertheless, I hate it and the people who work there.

By the way, the Aida group that owns the hotel has a website of sorts, but none of the contact information on it is valid...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ragamoffyn