“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Holland-on-Sea, Essex
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This was our first stay in a Hilton hotel and we couldn't fault anything. All the staff were very friendly and helpful as were members of the management. We found the food to be very varied, well cooked and with plenty of choice; desserts were really delicious. The animation team were excellent, something we've never been able to say in other hotels. We stayed on the 6th floor and the room had a lovely sea view and the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. Not much to see outside the hotel but there were several trips to go on if you wanted to. We must give a special mention to Ahmed & Ahmed, waiters in the Palm Court bar who always remembered what drinks we preferred and gave a great service. A superb week's holiday.

1 Thank brendabricknell
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Hi ,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your recent visit to our property.
I will pass all your positive feedback to my respective team members' & management team who will really appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future to our lovely paradise "Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village".

Chris Sherman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Often said but rarely acheived. On this occasion however it certainly was thanks to Chris Sherman and his wonderful team. A hoilday where our only dissapointment was the fact that we only booked for 1 week rather than 2. Nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff whose only aim was for us to enjoy ourselves. A usefull tip, join in with the excellent Animation team, you will thoroughly enjoy yourselves and add to you stay. Thanks again, and yes, we will be back.

Chris and family

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Hi Chris,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback for your recent stay at Hilton Taba Resort.
I would like to personally thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back once again in the next future occasion to our lovely paradise.

Grantham
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The Hilton was pitched as 5 Star, by European standards it is probably 3.5. It needs a face-lift and the food was very average. We paid the extra and went to the Neslon Village rooms and we think it was well worth it, good rooms, great views, everything worked. Without exception the staff were excellent and did all they could to help us without faking it. Cleanleness no problems, no health issues. The location is excellent, no need to book the day's snorkelling excursion by boat, it was no better experience than right off the Hilton's beach. Entertainment in the evenings was a bit dull. The heated pool was very good. Overall we enjoyed ourselves and would return, recommended.

Room Tip: Negotiate an upgrade to the Nelson Village rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Hi ,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a fair review for your recent visit to our property.
We really appreciate your positive notes related to type of service provided to you during your stay. I will communicate your positive feedback to all team members' who will really appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back once again in the near future to our lovely paradise.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

If you're looking for somewhere to crash for a week then the Hilton Taba is ideal. An exceptionally well run hotel who's biggest asset is it's staff, who are very attentive and for whom nothing is too much trouble. We found the food, cleanliness and attention to detail to be far above any other we have previously experienced in hotels in Egypt (including other Hilton group hotels).
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others and will no doubt return myself in the future.

2 Thank Celia J
Hi Celia,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your recent stay at our property.
We really appreciate your positive notes related to type of service provided to you during your stay. I will also pass all your positive feedback to all team members' who will really appreciate it.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The key to the enjoyment of this hotel is with the staff and management of the hotel. They are so delightful and will do their utmost to ensure that your stay is both enjoyable and memorable. My wife and I stayed in the Nelson Village, along the sea-front, which is well worth the extra cost. The room was fine and clean and had a balcony which overlooked the beach and sea. We went for a chill-out break but there is a team dedicated to arranging activities throughout the day. We chose tennis - the courts were passed their best but eminently playable and I chose the full-monty massage at the spa which was a 2 hour session - brilliant experience. The food was fine without being exceptional. We didn't go to this hotel for the food but the service was a real pleasure and there is no doubt that this is their real asset. We have been to other hotels in Taba Heights in past years which we have enjoyed but the Hilton certainly had more atmosphere and as I've already said, the staff make you feel special.

Room Tip: Choose Nelson Village - overlooks the beach and sea-front. It's well worth the extra cost.
2 Thank SimonCavalier
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Hi Simon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Bideford
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Have just returned from a week holidaying at the Hilton and Nelson Village resort in Taba where the amount of fish that can be seen on a coral reef just off the beach were amazing. The staff at the hotel could not do enough for you and were extremely attentive but not overly so - special mention to Tamer who was our 'wine connoisseur' and the individual Birthday cake that was delivered to our room for my husband's birthday. A very relaxing and friendly atmosphere

Room Tip: Book one with a sea view
1 Thank MaryBideford
Hi Mary,

I will pass your positive note to my respective team members' especially Tamer who will really appreciate it.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Just returned back home to england from egypt i have had the most wonderful holiday of my life the service i received was 100% plus more the staff were FANTASTIC nothing was to much for them they were so polite kind helpful the entertaining during the day was done with so much fun and the evening entertainment was sheer class bit for all ages. AMAZING the boat trips the snokerling the quad bikes and the spa were all something you would do again. The food was very good with lots of choice's catering for everyone young and old. Rooms were of a very high standard housekeeping was excellent.I could say so much more this was my best holiday ever and your staff right up to MR CHISTOPHER SHERMAN at the top were EXCELLENT AND WONDERFUL. I will be telling all my FREINDS to come visit your wonderful resort and this hotel and village. mrs linda black

Room Tip: No tips just great
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank linda b
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, 28 March 2012

Chris Sherman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Sands Hotel
Isrotel Yam Suf Hotel
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel
Sofitel Taba Heights
Strand Beach and Golf  Resort Taba Heights

Been to Taba Hotel and Nelson Village? Share your experiences!