“The most perfect holiday anyone could wish for ...”

Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Taba for a week in March with my family and as soon as I returned home, I was booking my holiday to come back again. I returned just under four weeks later on my own and stayed on this occassion for two wonderful weeks.

As soon as I arrived back at the Hilton, I was greeted with huge smiles from Anwar and the other reception staff and the very attentive and kind GM Chris Sherman and his amazingly helpful and extremely friendly PA Kariman. During my whole entire stay here, every minute of every day was the perfect holiday. Every member of staff were polite and curtious towards me ... Ali at the pool would be ready every single morning with a fresh towel and a happy smile and nothing was never too much trouble for him. All of the waiters at the restaurants would be attentive and very pleasant to talk to, everyone of them making an effort to ask how I was and if there was anything that I needed. Ahmed and Ahmed in the rainbow bar were particularly brilliant ... Always remembering my drinks order and keeping me entertained with great conversation.

I hadnt been diving in over 5 years and luckily managed to get this oppourtunity during my holiday. A special mention to Hugh and Edriss down at the dive centre for an excellent dive. Also to Ranger who took us out for a snorkelling session which was most enjoyable and very fun.

The rooms were always lovely and clean and the towel art was always entertaining and everything I needed was always provided to me. The food was also always lovely in all restaurants and a special trip down to Casa Taba should definately be made as the food in there is probably one of the best meals I have ever eaten.

On a day to day basis, there was always something to do ... Aqua gym, volleyball, football, yoga and water polo and much more which was ran by the Animation Team with Sam in charge. Sam always has a beaming smile on his face and does his very best to be everyones friend. There is nothing you could not like about this young man .. He is kind, intelligent, curtious, well mannered and has an excellent sense of humour and overall personality. He takes time out of his day and even uses his free time to make sure the guests are happy and well looked after. He, aswell as the other entertainment lads are very good at thier jobs and will always make time to speak to you. Every evening here was always different entertainment which was always brilliant. The weekly fire show and beach party (which includes Rady the Animator and his daring talents) is always an excellent evening with a great disco to finish every night off which is led by DJ and Animator Tommy.

All staff at this hotel make this place such a success ... It is amazing to see such a wonderful country and culture being represented by such fantastic people. I will be returning to Hilton Taba in the very near future to see the wonderful friends that I have made here. If you want a fun, relaxing and entertaining holiday then this would be the place to come to.

• Stayed: May 2012
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Hi Laura,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We really appreciate your positive note related to the type of service and experienced facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba.
I will pass all your positive comment to all my team who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again to our lovely paradise.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have just returned from a weeks R&R in Taba Hilton. This was out third visit, and our welcome was royal.

The staff as a whole are like a well oiled machine. Everything happens as it should when it should, and they are all professional and respectful, whilst maintaining a sense of the fact that you are on holiday and want to have some fun. Mohammed at the beach bar was always ready with a mango juice for mum and a diet coke for me, the staff in the main restuarant always had the table we wanted ready for us. The food in all the restaurants is excellent - always. The rooms are great, and kept clean by a lovely team of room attendants. Staf at reception cannot do enough to help you.

Ali, the pool man was on hand with fresh towels and a smile. Particular mention goes to Hugh at the dive centre - he restored my mums confidence and encouraged her to dive again after a bad experience two years ago in Thailand. She is now planning her next few diving trips.

Chris the GM, is a consummate professional and seems to be everywhere, and know what is going on at all times in all areas. Kariman, his PA is a lovely, kind, intelligent woman I am now thrilled to consider a friend. She is always there to help and make you feel like you need worry about nothing. I must also mention the animation team, a team which is led most professionally and with seemingly endless resources of energy by Sam - who is fun, kind, respectful, and always there to help guests. He makes it his business to know guests by name and takes the time to talk to everyone, young and old and like Chris and Kariman, does everything in his power to make sure everyone has the best holiday possible. These three are possibly the biggest assets Hilton taba has to offer.

There is a phrase, 'You can't please all the people all the time'. I think the Taba Hilton team disprove this!

I have booked our next holiday for myself, Mum, my sister and her 6 year old son in August, and I know we will have another wonderful break with our Hilton Taba family.

Room Tip: Nelsons village is perfect
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Hi Lucy,

I would like to thank you for sharing your view regarding your recent stay at our property, It was a pleasure to welcome you back at your second home.
We really appreciate your positive note related to type of service and facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba.
I will definitely pass all your positive comment to the team who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next August to our lovely paradise.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Me and my boyfriend wanted a really chilled holiday. I went to Taba 5 years ago (but sayed at the Movenpick), and so knew the area would allow exactly that. We made a well thought out decision to stay at the Hilton.

The pick up from the hotel was a decent enough trip. Check in at the hotel was very smooth. We were delighted we had a sea view room with a balcony. The room was very clean and tidy and was of ample size for the 2 of us (1 double bed & 1 single).

The restaurant never failed to serve a wide variety of foods, and it was all soooo nice! The waiters were always very on the ball and very helpful. Oh, and if you're like me and use artificial sweeteners.......then if they dont have any out, then ask for 'diet suger'! lol. It made me laugh when I heard them call it that!

We were a bit miffed as to not b able to have all inclusive drinks after 11pm or before 11am, but when thinking about it, it operationally as a business makes sense. And actually provides the guests with a safer environment (than what it cold end up being in different circumstances).

The seawater poole was emptied and cleaned every night we were there (8/5/12 to 22/5/12).
The whole beach and pool area is tidied every night.

We didn't use the spa or gym, so can't comment on that.

The bar waiters were fab - always remembering what drinks we liked. Big Ahmed and little Ahmed in the Rainbow Bar were lovely.

I highly recommed going to Nelson Restaurant, which is the Tex-Mex restaurant. The food was delicious! And if for lunch you fancy a lighter more European kind of lunch than is done in the main restuarant, then we found at the Nelson restaurant they tend to do things like pizza, french fries, hot dogs, chicken wings, salad, puddings etc.

The Animation team were fantastic at keeping the guests entertained, and getting people up and trying some of the activities - aqua aerobics, belly dancing, yoga, beach volleyball etc. The Animation guy, Sam, is a champ, and he has an amazing knack of making you smile and feel relaxed and yet invigorated at the same time.

I loved the towel statues the cleaners made on our bed everyday! Very innovative and surprising.

Taba is a fantastic spot for snorkelling and diving. Having dived there once before when I went 5 years ago, I knew that we could see almost as much snorkelling. Needless to say, what I mean by that is that snorkelling alone out there is amazing! There are soooooo many fish, and so many types.

The view of the sunrise over Israel is stunning (yes, I specifically set my alarm for it! I wanted nice pics). Go up to the top floor of the external stairs to ge the best view.

The evening entertainment is rotated - say Monday would be Egyption dancers, Tuesday would be Miss / Mr Hilton competition, Wed etc etc then back to Monday...
This suited me and my other half. We really did want to get away and do nothing much but swim, snorkel, sunbathe, eat, sleep, read, etc etc. A proper chill holiday. This was a fantastic hotel for it. We had plenty of options to do extras, ust didn't want to.
Maybe the evening entertainment could have a wider variety, somehow?

I hope this review has been helpful. Me and my partner would be more than happy to go back there again. :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We really appreciate your positive note related to type of service and facilities provided to you during your journey at Hilton Taba as you have managed in a nice analytical brief to cover all hotel facilities and service provided.
I will pass all your positive comment to respective team members' who will highly appreciate it.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Very unfriendly duty managers of this hotel. This hotel is 5*, real value is around 1*. Every lunch/dinner managers and supervisors in hotel restaurant only standing and smiling at guests instead of any help to waiters. If you wanna enjoy food and service suggest eat not in hotel restaurant.
In the room we discovered poor cleaning quality. For appology we got fruits which was not fresh.
We will not going to comeback!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lina Z

Hi,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share you note regarding your stay last July to our property.
I was really concerned to know that you were not completely satisified with your stay with us, I would like to assure you that we benefit from any valid comment in order to always improve where applicable.
At Last, I do appreciate your point of view and you will be always welcomed whenever you decide to visit our lovely hotel in any future occasion.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Travelled back to the Hilton Taba mid April and had 2 fantastic weeks of sunshine and relaxation. The staff at this hotel cant do enough for you including the hotel manager Chris and ops director Ahmed, who really make you feel welcome. The beach is great as is the wonderful beach bar where Mohamed keeps the 'red sea breezes' coming all day long. Sam from the animation team keeps everybody active and his mad sense of fun is infectious! We always stay in the Nelson Village where our rooms are kept spotless and fresh, and so are our clothes as the laundry service is the quickest and best Ive ever found in a hotel! I used the spa services for massage and relaxation and was very impressed by the skills and professionalism from the manager and Saieed and Waheed AMAZING! The food in the main dining room wasnt the most exciting but the quick friendly service from the busboys kept you laughing and smiling especially at breakfast time! I cant wait to go back again and see all my Hilton family and friends!

Room Tip: Choose the Nelson Village or a Suite in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Hi Adrian,
I will pass all your positive comment to the team who will highly appreciate it.
I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again at your home from home Hilton Taba.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed at the hotel for three nights, we booked all inclusive and we have below comments :

1- Mini Bar : Not operational , fixed during our stay and never filled
2- Food : Not Good
3- Relaxing, Not much to do at night
4- All inclusive : Not really all inclusive, only few items , we paid for all room service such as ice cubes and soft drinks, only few items available ( special menu for all inclusive) all local drinks for alcohol
5- No Service at the beach
6- Friendly well trained staff
7- Fast response time, great room service and HK
8- Clean Hotel
9- Great entertainment staff, DJ/ Dancing Guy is Amazing
10- No Gym, No Spa

The only disadvantage is the so called all inclusive, Serve you with plastic small cups for soft drink, not cans, not drafts, special time only from 11 to 11, designated outlets only. Special events access is chargeable also. If they can cancel this or enhance it, that would be Great
Dress Code for outlets is only applicable for local Guests
Some local guests swim in dress, no control, sea water pool is not well cleaned and vacumed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank TalaBay
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Hi,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your recent visit to our property.
I was really concerned to know that you were not completely satisified with your short stay with us, I would like to highlight that the all inclusive formula is designated to consider various point of views and that we are constantly working on accessing and improving our quality and variety of service provided. Meanwhile, please note that all your comments are studied to promptly improve where applicable..
At Last, I do appreciate your point of view and will be looking forward to welcome you back in the near future to our lovely paradise.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We chose the Hilton Taba based on the reviews and on the fact we wanted a relaxing break. So glad we did. We stayed in Nelsons village, room very comfortable with a lovely sea view and a handy fridge. Water and toiletries replaced daily which was great. Sitting on the balcony of an evening was a pleasure, there is such a tranquil atmosphere. As others have said before what makes this hotel is the staff – they truly are lovely. A special mention for the bar man in Pirates bar, he was lovely so sorry forgotten his name. Also Said in the main restaurant and Ahmed in the bar. Also Sam in the animation team does a wonderful job making everyone young, old, male or female feel welcome even if you don’t get involved in the activities, of which there are plenty and all looked great fun, but they are not intrusive what so ever.
There was a great choice of breakfast items, I especially enjoyed the cooked to order omelettes, oh and the fruit juice was lovely! I tended to skip breakfast though and have lunch at the Pirates Bar, this was more geared towards the Brits food wise than the main buffet lunch. Lovely fresh cooked chips every day 
Dinner in the main restaurant was a bit hit and miss but I can recommend the Mousakka, the Chilli and the fish with pineapple – all were really nice, but if you are a foodie and a bit fussy like me probably you are better off eating at Casa Taba. Oh and the ice cream is gorgeous!
Everywhere where was spotlessly clean and they cleaned and drain the pool every other day which was good to see.
Little problem with people reserving sunbeds – I would like to see towels being removed especially in the mornings as although I’m an early riser and was always out before 8 most of the prime spots would have a towel on with no one arriving on the beds till much later!! Very annoying! However am sure this is a problem hotel/country wide not just this hotel!
All in all I would highly recommend you go here whether it is just to relax like myself or to enjoy the wonderful diving & snorkelling so many people were raving about – I didn’t need to you can see amazing fish just from the jetty! Our friend enjoyed all the boat trips and also went over to Elat to swim with dolphins which she said was a fantastic experience.
We’d like to give Mr Chris and his team a MASSIVE thank you for making our holiday just what we wanted it to be!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise G

Hi Louise,

Chris Sherman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Sands Hotel
#10 of 61 in Eilat
Movenpick Resort Taba
Sofitel Taba Heights
Strand Beach and Golf  Resort Taba Heights

Been to Taba Hotel and Nelson Village? Share your experiences!