“Best Hospitality Ever”

Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our first trip to Taba Heights Resort. We have stayed inHilton hotels previously so would always expect a
A good experience. The service was 100%. The hotel could do with updating a bit to make it more modern.however this didnt really bother us too much as we were treated so nicely by each and every member of staff right from the Concierge through to Housekeeping.
The hotel has recently been hit by a storm for the first time ever where there Had been a massive mudslide but they had managed to clear up a great deal of the debris.
Would definately recommend to others especially if you are planning to visit Jerusalem as the hotel practically next door to the border of Israel.
if planning any excursions best speak to Concierge about any trips first they are very knowlegable.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Shanaz2014Patel
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for completing a fair and kind tripadvisor review after your recent visit to our Hotel.

It is great to hear you relaxed and enjoyed your holiday with us. I will pass all your comments onto my the team, who will appreciate them very much.

Chris Sherman

Write a ReviewReviews (1,746)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went with Monarch on an all inclusive basis. Food was great (loads of choice). We had a room with a sea view - and what a view! Definitely worth paying extra for. The staff were great. Warm welcome on arrival and helpful to the extreme throughout. The bar staff could not do enough to assist and the animation team were excellent for the kids.

The hotel had a choice of restaurants and bars and they were all brilliant. There was an immaculate private beach which was just the ticket for topping up your tan. Everything you could possibly want under one roof. There are also a few gift shops in the complex with competitive prices.

Most importantly, if it is peace and quiet you are looking for then this is the place to go. Relaxation and sun are abound here.

I'm looking forward to going back! Just can't wait!

Room Tip: Sea view is extra but we'll worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann156780

It is great to hear you relaxed and enjoyed your holiday with your family. I will pass all your comments onto my the team, who will appreciate them very much.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have just returned from another lovely holiday in Taba, a most beautiful resort, infact our favourite place in Egypt. We can say this with conviction because we have been coming to Egypt several times a year for the last 16 years and this is our 8th trip to Taba; we usually stay next door at the Movenpick. We travel the world widely and we don't usually return a second time to anywhere else but we keep coming back to Egypt a couple of times every year. This hotel has a nice location on the beach which overlooks Israel, Saudi Arabia and Jordan and it is close to Eilat city which is ten minutes and a taxi ride away and it is a nice place for shopping. The hotel is situated right on the Egyptian Israel border and you can walk through the border with little fuss into Israel. We have travelled Egypt extensively and don’t often go off the resort much now- we swim, dive, eat, drink, read, relax and lie in the sun.
Unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer British people going to Egypt and this is having a huge impact upon all the hotels as result. It is perfectly safe to go to Egypt the political trouble is far away from the hotels. We would recommend Taba to anyone who doesn't want the hustle and bustle of Sharm.
We had planned and booked to stay at the Movenpick unfortunately a freak weather episode made it impossible for the Movenpick to take any guests. We were very fortunate that the Hilton just next door were able to accommodate us and honour our booking. Our thanks to Mohamed Farag who was so kind and reassuring when we arrived at the Hilton Taba Resort in the middle of the night with potentially nowhere to stay!
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and it was very apparent that every effort was made to ensure that we were comfortable, happy and had a great holiday under somewhat difficult circumstances. All staff without exception greeted us with big warm smiles and welcomed us as if to their own home.
We had booked a bungalow at Movenpick and Mohamed Farag advised us that in the morning we could have a look at Nelson Village and if we wanted to move to be nearer the beach front we could do so. Next day we were again invited to look at the accommodation at Nelson Village, we even chose a room we liked. Baachan kindly helped us to move. Both rooms were well maintained, very clean and well appointed, we just really liked being near to the beach. We had the most stunning views and amazing birdlife too. It was so quiet and peaceful; we made the most of our balcony and really enjoyed the tea and coffee making facilities available in the room which were topped up daily.
Khaled, Mohamed Abedelfatah, and the rest of the team kept our room in “tip top” order and we had some really amazing towel art; an elephant, crocodile, boat, flowers, we had something different every day; it was always nice to return from the beach and see what was waiting for us.
I always seem to get bitten by mosquitoes where ever we stay in the world and however I take care with repellent etc. however I really did get bitten on the second day of our stay. I think that some hungry “mosey” must have had a real feast on me and I had the very obvious bite marks to show. The staff were very concerned at this (the bites were unmissable!!) The housekeeping team provided us with plug ins and spray, checked them every day for us and gave me more repellent. Mr Hoshny kindly went especially and got me some of the only cream that ever works for the bites I seem to suffer in Egypt.
The freak weather episode did have an impact upon the Hilton also and whilst this did have some bearing upon the facilities and amenities available for the shortest term it did not really affect the overall enjoyment of our holiday.
Circumstances meant that we took our meals in the Nelson Pub for most of our holiday and this included breakfast- at lunch and dinner. We had options of table de hote, a la carte or international buffet also.
We particularly enjoyed the ambience of the Nelson pub and we loved the authenticity of the Marhabah. Haithum in the Nelson pub looked after us brilliantly from the start and got to know our favourite drinks and the things we liked with our meals. We always found a cold beer waiting for us and were served with drinks throughout our meals. The chefs were very good and keen to please, checking back that all was okay and they would make dishes not on menu if they had ingredients if we asked. We had gorgeous pizza and really enjoyed the authentic oriental cuisine served at the Marhabah, Ragab cooked us great Kofta and on our last night prepared us a really spontaneous oriental meal. The last few days we had meals in Palm Court although I must say we preferred Nelson Pub. We had great service from waiters Chicco, Becchoy, Alexander and Saied. You were also so nice and so good to us –such amazing service and always with a beaming smile!!! I am sure there were more I could mention but I am not good with names so please forgive me if I have missed anyone.
We must not forget Mahmood in Marhabah who was so clever and danced with a bottle on his head and got us up dancing- such a great dancer. I am so sorry I cannot recall all the names of the waiters and captains in the Marhabah, I recall that they were also always kind, courteous and attentive throughout. We must thank Mr Helmy who supervised and directed the food and beverage service; he ensured that all meals, food service and quality met with guest’s individual preferences and satisfaction. You won’t find gourmet Michelin star cuisine in Egypt, however you will find authentic oriental style dishes and there is always something for everyone.
The main bar served an array of drinks and the staff were superb, making our stay so enjoyable and entertaining...thanks to Osama, Akram &.Yasser. Such fun guys and such nice cocktails and not forgetting Samiel who served us down at the beach bar who would bring us our drinks before lunch!
All the staff (who couldn't do enough to make sure we not only had a good holiday but a great one, made us feel very much like part of the family.
I should mention that there are brilliant snorkel opportunities on the beach and the most stunning corals and fishes. Snorkelling straight off the beach was amazing and one of the advantages of being in Nelson Village! The hotel also has a very convenient onsite dive centre called Aqua Sport. There are three main dive sites which are all shore accessible. The Dive Centre crew can guide you to the best places to enjoy diving and snorkelling activities, But if you have never dived before I cannot rate highly enough the dive taster session the Dive centre runs. The entire crew are knowledgeable, professional and extremely patient and courteous. If you have a chance to go on the day boat trip you won’t be disappointed – don’t forget to take your waterproof camera.
We cannot wait to book our next holiday to Taba and look forward to seeing all the fantastic staff again that really made our holiday such a wonderful experience.
Mr Chris you run a great hotel, it’s a lovely place to stay. Your management team and staff do a fabulous job and provide excellent service to your guests, you should be immensely proud; they are a credit to you. We cannot commend you all enough. Thank you. Our holiday given the circumstances could have been a completely different experience as you know. You guys certainly ensured it would live up to our expectations. See you again in November and counting……..!!

Room Tip: Nelson Village in C block second floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarrieS62

I cannot thank you enough for very kind words and it was a pleasure to meet you both, during a difficult time for Taba regarding the floods, which I am please to tell you that things are getting back to normal for the other hotels in the area, I was so please that Hilton had very little damage compaired to all the other hotels.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit back to this hotel and we are never disappointed, rooms always very clean, food always great, staff cannot do enough for you! Just fantastic fantastic fantastic!!! Would definitely recommend, Egypt is safe everyone, please don't stop going

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caroline690

Dear Caroline

It was my pleasure to meet you during you stay with us, thank you for completing a fair and kind tripadvisor review after your recent visit to our Hotel.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to our lovely resort. See you soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very Nice hotel, a lot of varities/ places to go between coffe shop, restaurants, bar, and disco theque inside the hotel. nice pool, pool bar and beach. a bit weak buffet not a lot of varities, but still Good. Good customer service and satisfaction.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Amir

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I want to write my experience about Hilton Taba. I cry because I want to go back to my favorite Hilton, we liked everything! The food is good, the area is large, beautiful! All the hotel staff are just super. All the good, good people. I love you! separately thanks want skahat animators hotel ...... thank you guys for everything! Thanks Chico, Jim, Gold
and Iman. thank Osama bartender, waiter, Samuel!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Екатерина katka... с
ChrisSherman, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you so much for your Trip Advisor review on your recent stay with us at our lovely resort.

We are glad that you enjoyed and experienced most of our hotel facilities while you are here in Taba.

Thank you also for your comments about our staff who will appreciate it so much.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again at our small paradise.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

At first, that is old hotel, very old. Thats is not 5 stars, even for Egypt. Yes i agree, the recomentation of the hotel is great. But i dont think so.
Thats hotel in 100 m from the front of the Israel. From my window i saw check point with Israel.
No free wifi, and the price for internet is unreall :(
Food : well done but always the same. Salats its not for europe. On the territory of the hotel they have few restoraunt with tradition Mexico, Italian and Eygpt food, everyone can book a table one for the dinner. I recoment to do that, very delicious meal there.
Beach : all chaise lounge r full, but on the beach near the Nelson Village u will find some free place. No carals in the see, onyl one island of corals u will find in 50m from the cost, infrant of the wooden ship on the beach.
People: most of the peoples r arabs from Egypt of Palestina, Livan etc. Also with big family and lots lots lots of childrens.
Swiming pool : water in the swiming pool from the sea. So they clean the pool every 3 days.
Animation: very poor. Some exersising in the pool, disco with 5 members on dance floor and also Mis and Mister Hilton.
at the evening in Lobby bar nice coctails.
Casino : Unreall funny plance, also in weekend.
Also the most intersting is - excursion to Israel. Eylat is in 5 km from the Hotel. But dont buy excursion in guide hands, seach in internet. I booked the excursion for the same bus with my friend but on 100$ cheaper, that in hotel guide.

Room Tip: If u want to visit Israel, the most better place than Hilton Taba u will not find!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RomanMaslov

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor about your recent holiday at our beautiful resort.

our hotel has a nice location on the beach which overlooks on Israel, Saudi Arabia and Jordan and it is so close to Eilat city which is ten minutes far and it is a nice place for shopping.

We have a lot of places on our beach for corals esp. at the end of our beach and our diving center team can guide you to a lot of paces to enjoy diving and snorkeling activities, also our animation team have a lot of activities which vary from day to another.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again at our lovely paradise.

Regards,

Chris Sherman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Sol Taba Red Sea
#10 of 61 in Eilat
Movenpick Resort Taba
Sofitel Taba Heights
Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights

Been to Taba Hotel and Nelson Village? Share your experiences!